Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosion at the finish line of the Boston Marathon

Wendy A. Guest
    So true... so true.. Plus he didn't blow shit up and kill people and possibly his best friend either come to think of it.

We all know he did and we know about people and welfare and how America unwittingly aids the haters who take advantage of us and call us devils.

Mammy: Please tell me that someone isn't going to show up at my door and confiscate my pressure cooker. I hope I don't end up in prison for owning an unlicensed pressure cooker.
    HAAAAAAAAA! But, gosh, you don't ever know. I cringe at what the future holds.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-24-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanBraziian View Post
    Oh Paaaleezzeeee...

So now Welfare is to blame? You are simply making stuff up. Wanna see me make stuff up? ok lets see....

Corporate $$$...from Lobbyists...line the pockets of our politicians. Many times its these Corporate Richy Riches (far from being on welfare) with $$$ in mind that get our politicians to start wars overseas in order to protect their resources (ie OIL) that generate $$$$....these wars create terrorists....these war kill thousands of Americans that go thinking they are "defending freedom"...but instead they are fighting wars to keep the Oil companies (and the people that own them) rich...

but you want to blame Welfare for our problems...how naive. Corporations and "The Man" stick it to you and you want to blame welfare.
    Clearly, I am not "making stuff up". The suspects are/were on welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Clearly, I am not "making stuff up". The suspects are/were on welfare.
    Let's not quote posts which break the rules.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There's a whole thread about bad people on welfare under "everything else"
    just a suggestion that that topic be discussed there as it is really deterring from the discussion about the bombing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I was really hoping that Krystle died instantly, but I just knew that she hadn't...
    Me too. Those pictures of her last moments just break my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    There's a whole thread about bad people on welfare under "everything else"
    just a suggestion that that topic be discussed there as it is really deterring from the discussion about the bombing
    Yes, in part, but if the suspects were bad people on Welfare then it is not off topic to talk about them, nor is it against the rules to go a bit off topic as long as it doesn't get out of hand, so your comment is a great reminder.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    As much as I want to think otherwise, at some point her family and friends are likely going to google her name and see those horrific images and it will haunt them. We don't even know her and we are disturbed by the images.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    As much as I want to think otherwise, at some point her family and friends are likely going to google her name and see those horrific images and it will haunt them. We don't even know her and we are disturbed by the images.
    We're disturbed & this is FAD! Can you imagine innocently googling her & seeing that? I hope not.

Mammy Guest
    I really can't imagine it at all, but I think it will happen at some point.

We're disturbed & this is FAD! Can you imagine innocently googling her & seeing that? I hope not.
    I really can't imagine it at all, but I think it will happen at some point.
    We sometimes get notes from people who are upset that we allow the linking of these images. I can sympathize with them. However as long as folks follow the FAQ and don't post the pics directly, link them and post a warning to let people know what they'll be looking at, members are following the rules. If they still take issue with this policy, I tell them to speak to the administrator as he wrote the rules. Besides, this is FAD. People are greeted by the forum masthead upon their first visit. So they shouldn't be surprised by the practice of linking to these types of pics.

Don't get me wrong. It is sad. But if people do not want to see what is described and linked, they shouldn't click on it and then complain here. We have the decency to link, unlike many other sites that post graphic images directly.

AmericanBrazilian and our newer members, Nick (the adminstrator) wrote a detailed post about why people are asked not to quote posts just to flame them. It explains his reasoning behind this policy well. I have it bookmarked. I'll find it and post it here in a sec. Then I gotta take apart my leaking kitchen plumbing. Ain't life grand sometimes.

BRB
    Last edited by SomeChick; 04-24-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Nick

Administrator

I'm probably going to end up posting a forum-wide announcement about this and incorporating it into the rules, but please listen:

Quoting a comment that you think is totally out of line or offensive only gives legs to that comment. It doesn't matter if you quote it to say, "Shame on you," or whatever. What you are doing is taking the comment and doubling the number of places it is written. Then someone else sees it and quotes it and now you have the offending comment in three times as many places as it was originally. And so on.

And the more something is repeated, the more it sinks in. So if someone writes, "All Greek men are slimy criminals," and you are a Greek man that takes offense, almost all you are accomplishing by quoting the remark is legitimizing it. And the more ridiculous the original comment, the less helpful it is to quote it.

If someone says an individual deserved a disease and you quote him, to me, as an administrator, you are lending some level of support to his view because you are repeating it and reinforcing it in the minds of readers that otherwise would have just skipped past it or who had a hard enough time reading it in the first place and would rather not see it dredged up again.

Do not quote posts that break forum rules.
    Shortly after posting this a few years ago, he did post a forum-wide announcement and did incorporate it into the rules, which can be found by hitting the FAQ link Cindy told everyone about.

Scott, the site owner, wants the place to be conversational, not confrontational which is why I post this as well. Please respect his request as it makes the place a much nicer place for everyone to hang out.

AmericanBraziian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The family had received benefits in the past but no one in the family had received state money since 2012.

Im sure there are many countries where this could occur - Russia, Iraq, India, Pakistan, Syria, Nigeria, Afghanistan.......
    I dont think these are countries we should be happy to be equal to in the subject at hand. But I also have a feeling that in many if not all of those countries you would not go bankrupt because of medical bills. As I said, The US is probably one of the few if not the only Western Modern nation that a person could have to sell their house to pay medical bills possibly go bankrupt. As a matter of fact Medical Bills is one of the top reasons for bankrupcy in America. In most other nations, that simply does not happen. It's unheard of.

14. 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM

15. 04-24-2013, 10:25 PM

Suspect 2 was NOT armed while hiding in boat:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-himself.html

Hmmm. No guns in the boat, despite initial reports of multiple guns, hour long gun battle with police, and his self inflicted gunshot wound to the neck?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Hmmm. No guns in the boat, despite initial reports of multiple guns, hour long gun battle with police, and his self inflicted gunshot wound to the neck?

This was never confirmed.

Is anyone else sick of this damn story?

Jacksmum Guest
    No, because I just read that they were going to bomb Times Square on New Years Eve. I am travelling to England in a week and half and am so scared something is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    No, because I just read that they were going to bomb Times Square on New Years Eve. I am travelling to England in a week and half and am so scared something is going to happen.

A plan to bomb New York that won't happen makes you nervous about going to Scotland??

Jacksmum Guest
    England, not Scotland. Just terrorism in general makes me nervous. Bombs on planes and airports are what I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    Don't feel bad with all the craziness going on in the world now I'm sure being safe crosses the minds of many people.

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Not even close. Must be because I'm here in Boston. :/

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/body-...x/-/index.html

Very sad. After the hell this family was put through last week, hopefully now they can start to heal and find some peace.

Mammy Guest
    I felt the same way after September 11. I was just sure the malls and other places with a lot of people would become targets for suicide bombers and I was afraid to leave home. I don't really think about it that much anymore because I don't want to dwell on something that could happen but likely won't happen and I can't control it regardless. Events like the Boston Marathon bombing are horrible and should never happen, but it isn't possible to control everything or even avoid places where you think it could happen. Life and the evil intentions of others is just too random to plan around everything.

Jacksmum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdiva View Post
    Don't feel bad with all the craziness going on in the world now I'm sure being safe crosses the minds of many people.
    I for one do not mine the searches and times the airport, safety is paramount. Still in the back of my mind though.

I'm sick of the randomness of it. People put any little thing out there and we're all supposed slurp it up with a spoon immediately. Where is the discernment? There's a real lack of judgement and independant thought in that process. So I wait until there is verified information instead of hopping on the frenzied LookitThis! train.

jsnerch Guest
    They finally found the body of that missing Brown student mistakenly thought to be one of the bombers: http://www.turnto10.com/story/220735...dents-siblings

I felt the same way after September 11. I was just sure the malls and other places with a lot of people would become targets for suicide bombers and I was afraid to leave home. I don't really think about it that much anymore because I don't want to dwell on something that could happen but likely won't happen and I can't control it regardless. Events like the Boston Marathon bombing are horrible and should never happen, but it isn't possible to control everything or even avoid places where you think it could happen. Life and the evil intentions of others is just too random to plan around everything.
    I hear ya Mammy...I just go on with life as I know it and hope for the best. Life wouldn't be much fun if we confined ourselves out of fear. Although I do find myself being a bit more cautious about safety.

Mammy Guest
    Going on with life and hoping for the best is really all we can do. I get a little voice in my mind sometimes if something seems strange, but I worry more about being carjacked or having my home broken into than I do being killed by a bomb anywhere. You just never know what can happen and can't dwell on it or you would go nuts.

I don't do large crowds and I live in the middle of the woods. I generally don't have to worry about this type of thing. My biggest worry is someone shooting me for taking their gate down to access property for my job. People hate it when you access their property without being invited.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Mammy Guest
    I agree that is a much more likely scenario around here, McMorbid. I don't do crowds either. That's why I don't go to concerts. Country folks are very territorial and going on their land uninvited is dangerous business.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I'm sick of the randomness of it. People put any little thing out there and we're all supposed slurp it up with a spoon immediately. Where is the discernment? There's a real lack of judgement and independant thought in that process. So I wait until there is verified information instead of hopping on the frenzied LookitThis! train.
    This entire site would be wiped off the face of the internet map is we didn't have those stories that build up & are sorted into facts.

A plan to bomb New York that won't happen makes you nervous about going to Scotland??
    I actually found a pretty well written, to the point article about their new York plans on Gist.
    http://thegist.com/news/468/brother-...-s-trip-to-nyc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Kiersten Guest

I am a bit. I'm now avoiding the news because of it. For me, it's just that there isn't much new information. Hearing it all regurgitated 24/7 is starting to drive me insane.

But, I did see what the mother had to say. Woman sounds beyond delusional

This entire site would be wiped off the face of the internet map is we didn't have those stories that build up & are sorted into facts.
    Nah. But there would be less confusion. Plus people have been trying to "wipe this site off the map" as you put it, for years now. This forum even. That ain't gonna happen because Scott is the focus of the place and he's just too darned popular. I especially like how he checks his facts before putting up new stories of the torrid and sordid. It's what attracted me to the site in the first place.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 04-25-2013 at 06:12 PM.

So they shot the boat and he didn't have a weapon. Love it and it's a shame they missed! I wish the little twit had offed himself before they found him.

Speaking of things we are tired of...

How many times do you think CNN is going to quote that mother about how her kids were innocent and how she doesn't think the attack is real. It's the same story but they keep changing the title.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    So they shot the boat and he didn't have a weapon. Love it and it's a shame they missed! I wish the little twit had offed himself before they found him.

How many times do you think CNN is going to quote that mother about how her kids were innocent and how she doesn't think the attack is real. It's the same story but they keep changing the title.
    Probably until people get tired of/bored with it. The way they're trying to get it attention is of comical proportions now. So my guess is people will either start making youtube parodies of it soon or just ignoring it. It's the internet + the media though, so I'm going with parodies over people just saying enough already.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 04-25-2013 at 06:06 PM.

40. 04-25-2013, 07:04 PM
    Reason
    Attention seeking after editing out hostile message

LAC90028 Guest

Second Explosion

Apologies if these pictures from the 2nd bombing have already been posted:

Before (time not known):
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8537/8...b957a89aa5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vEKCbsU.jpg

About 30 minutes before:
    http://ktul.images.worldnow.com/images/2425069_G.jpg

After blast - (mildly graphic)
    http://i.imgur.com/jV1uqTY.png

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/ass...-story-top.jpg

WARNING! GRAPHIC!
    http://willyloman.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=780&h=534 (right, curb: arm?)
    http://timethemoment.files.wordpress...mg_9456_v2.jpg (foot?)
    WARNING! GRAPHIC!
    Last edited by LAC90028; 04-25-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: fixed url

Bayou Queen Guest
    I totally understand how a family member would be upset coming across a photo of a loved one that has passed in such a horrendous way that these innocent people did and I think by posting the link with a warning allows one to make the choice of whether or not to view it. But one thing that has stuck with me since I was a child and President Kennedy was assassinated was that Jackie kept that blood soaked pink suit on, refusing to change clothing because she said she wanted people to see what they had done to her husband. As gruesome as some of these photos are of this bombing, they are a reminder that we must never forget what they did in Boston that day.

Mammy Guest
    I wasn't actually referring to family seeing the pictures here, just googling and seeing the pictures on the internet in general. We are no doubt more respectful than a lot of sites would be.

It's not fair, but when you are involved somehow or other with a tragic event, you lose your privacy, as these poor families have lost theirs. They don't have to surf for the articles and/or pics, and if they do--sorry--it's on them, not us or the media. You think I'd surf for pics of a family member slaughtered by a monster? Hell, yes, I would, but I'm a death hag.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-25-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post

CNN is on my shit list because of that reason alone! I couldn't take one more minute of listening to the parents ramble on and on and on about their beloved (do no wrong) sons. The Mother seems evil to me and just plain creeps me out. I wouldn't trust either one of them!!

Mammy Guest
    I think it's human nature to be curious about what is out there on the internet about someone who died. I would think it would be pretty obvious which websites not to click onto.

Bayou Queen Guest
    I remember years ago the then teenaged daughter of one of my best girlfriends was in a horrible car accident where there were a number of fatalities. My hubby and sat at the hospital with my friend and there was a television on and every 30 minutes they would repeat the news and the headline was the accident that my girlfriends daughter was in, complete with video of the car, the scene and the names. The car hit a tree and my friends daughter was thrown out of the windshield onto the hood of the car at a well known intersection in New Orleans. It was hard to believe it was happening to begin with, then the repeat of the news would come on and confirm the reality of it all. My friends daughter was left severely brained damaged from the accident. It has to be so difficult for family members to turn on the t.v. or pick up a newspaper and be constantly reminded of what happened to their loved one.

Mammy Guest
    That would have to be surreal. For most people, it was just a news event. For the family, it is their reality. I'm sorry for your friend and her daughter. That would have to be horrific.

LAC90028 Guest
    A few days ago, someone upthread asked if it was known where each victim was. That we knew Krystle died from the first explosion, but what about the grad student and little boy? Maybe it's been answered in the news by now by I haven't turned it on in a couple of days.

Just in case it hasn't been posted, little Martin was at the site of the second explosion:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...orite-day.html.

Luckily I have not been subjected to the full media bombardment. What I am interested in is the full back-story to this saga.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Haggy123 Guest
    Guys, isn't that Krystle in the center image?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0416_marathon-trio.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	572.0 KB 
ID:	46459

Bayou Queen Guest
    LAC90028, that is the most haunting photo of that little boy, Martin, standing on the rail looking out at the runners with the bomber with the white hat on walking away behind him and the bomb just a few feet away. This photo has no blood, no gore but it brought tears to my eyes.

A little.........I worry that we will make religious martyrs of these guys with radical Islam......then again all martyrs have the same trait......they are all dead....so......
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016