Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 444515253545562 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 4999

Thread: What are you doing right now, Baba?

Watching the Mav's play at the 'peake against the Thunder. Sipping Ketel One and hitting the pipe. My wife gets so verbal that it is as entertaining as the game. I reckon this is an outlet for her so she doesn't talk like that around the G-kids.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

MrsE1981 Guest
    I'm going to see The Dillinger Escape Plan tonight I've been looking forward to this gig for months! So excited.

Texting back and forth with my NIL. I finally got FAX numbers from both my doctors for her to send to Nabor's lawyer. Now she's after my birth certificate, which is lost, apparently; and my DL are expired, and I can't get a government issued photo ID without a birth certificate so I'm in what they all a Catch 22. She's going to call and find out if there is a process where I can get a bc without a GIPID. There must be. Lots don't have DL or an any type of photo ID.

I wish I was sleeping, but I can't. Boo!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Watching the Mav's play at the 'peake against the Thunder. Sipping Ketel One and hitting the pipe. My wife gets so verbal that it is as entertaining as the game. I reckon this is an outlet for her so she doesn't talk like that around the G-kids.
    In English, for we non-Americans?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Your cousin?

Fucking around here and having dinner.
    Sadly, yes, my cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    In English, for we non-Americans?
    The Dallas Mavericks played at the Chesapeake Energy Arena against the Oklahoma City Thunder. We won!
    Last edited by cleanskull; 11-07-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Texting back and forth with my NIL. I finally got FAX numbers from both my doctors for her to send to Nabor's lawyer. Now she's after my birth certificate, which is lost, apparently; and my DL are expired, and I can't get a government issued photo ID without a birth certificate so I'm in what they all a Catch 22. She's going to call and find out if there is a process where I can get a bc without a GIPID. There must be. Lots don't have DL or an any type of photo ID.

I wish I was sleeping, but I can't. Boo!
    I went through this cluster with my mom; No ID, and she let her health insurance card lapse (it's free, but you have to stay registered up here). The real fuck up was that she lost her SIN card before she got married, so I had to request a name change for her, which meant a marriage certificate, which meant I had to find dad's death cert.... It took my 7 months to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I went through this cluster with my mom; No ID, and she let her health insurance card lapse (it's free, but you have to stay registered up here). The real fuck up was that she lost her SIN card before she got married, so I had to request a name change for her, which meant a marriage certificate, which meant I had to find dad's death cert.... It took my 7 months to figure it out.
    It's all straight now. They will take my expired DL. Thank you, God!

I am waiting on Sissy to ome home. I sent her two messages and she has not replied. I am worried about her, but I'm sure someone would have let me know if anything's happened. She may have just had to work late...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    It's all straight now. They will take my expired DL. Thank you, God!

I am waiting on Sissy to ome home. I sent her two messages and she has not replied. I am worried about her, but I'm sure someone would have let me know if anything's happened. She may have just had to work late...

I am glad that you still have your old license. I hope your sis just got stuck behind a garbage truck or something.

Currently I am wiping my runny nose, still pondering where the Golden Corral is in STL (another thread in which I mistakenly read Golden Corral when it said Cracker Barrel).

Layin' down some whoopass on a bank for someone because ironically, they don't seem to realize they're violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. Now they do. How the hell do they expect people to communicate with them if they do not send information to people in a way they understand. And this ain't no one horse, rinkydink small town bank either. They're a national powerhouse. Well fuck you. (No, I didn't say that, lol. That would be ineffective. ) You are required by federal law to recognize this Act and not charge people fees out of your own ignorance or refusal to follow it.

They act like dumbasses. So after acting as the middle WOman between them and the person they're ignoring, I went around them. Then I went back to their first talking head and got her in gear. I don't give a fuck who you are or what corporate entity you work for. Your position could be reversed with the person you dismiss in the blink of an eye in this economy. Realize that. And if those positions ever are reversed after today, remember how you treated someone in the same boat when you had a chance to help them.

Ass. Holes.

Otherwise, I'm now having a delightful cappuccino.

Well good for you Deb. A woman scorned huh?

I'm getting ready to put the kill on some food.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by tuesdays_jupiter View Post
    I am glad that you still have your old license. I hope your sis just got stuck behind a garbage truck or something.

Currently I am wiping my runny nose, still pondering where the Golden Corral is in STL (another thread in which I mistakenly read Golden Corral when it said Cracker Barrel).
    That sounds like me.

She came home all right. She just didn't take the time to reply to my messages. If that had been me she would have called up everyone we know, including her SIL the detective.

I'm taking a break from doing my Hebrews Bible study and dreading my workout. ((((Sigh)))) On the bright side, Saturday is rest day. I'm going to the courthouse tomorrow, which means some walking and I'm going to count those minutes toward my walking in place. It's great knowing I have built up my endurance so I am more mobile for short distances.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Curled up on the couch with a blankie… it was friggen cooooold in that tree tonight brrrrr!
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Well good for you Deb. A woman scorned huh?

I'm getting ready to put the kill on some food.
    Actually it was a man on who's behalf I was acting. But it benefits every person with a disability that the bank recognize and rectify their error. It's not cool to fuck people over just because you think you can slide shit by them. And then expect them to pay for the " privilege" .

And I can't abide lousy customer service types who hide behind their corporate logo instead of having common sense or following Federal Law. Do I care if she gets fired by her supervisor for her behavior and mishandling of the issue? Nope. Like I said, it could happen to anyone.

Considering doing my nails after getting dinner started. Got a nice chuck roast for beef stew at half off the other day. Making a beef stew with it. Got all the fixins for it with what I paid instead of paying full price.

Procrastinating, that's what.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

MrsE1981 Guest
    Procrastinating, that's what.
    Oooh I'm a nightmare for that. My mom always says to me "Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today?" and I tell her "Cos I can't be arsed at the moment!" Haha

I finally went to see Dillinger Escape Plan last night. They're an acquired taste, even amongst fellow metal fans, but they were AMAZING. They do not give a fuck. I've been going to metal gigs for 15 years, but that was a very serious contender for BEST. GIG. EVER.

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Waiting for a friend's husband to leave so I can swoop in and clean her house.

Eating an apple after arriving home from the courthouse.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Layin' down some whoopass on a bank for someone because ironically, they don't seem to realize they're violating the Americans with Disabilities Act. Now they do. How the hell do they expect people to communicate with them if they do not send information to people in a way they understand. And this ain't no one horse, rinkydink small town bank either. They're a national powerhouse. Well fuck you. (No, I didn't say that, lol. That would be ineffective. ) You are required by federal law to recognize this Act and not charge people fees out of your own ignorance or refusal to follow it.

They act like dumbasses. So after acting as the middle WOman between them and the person they're ignoring, I went around them. Then I went back to their first talking head and got her in gear. I don't give a fuck who you are or what corporate entity you work for. Your position could be reversed with the person you dismiss in the blink of an eye in this economy. Realize that. And if those positions ever are reversed after today, remember how you treated someone in the same boat when you had a chance to help them.

Ass. Holes.

Otherwise, I'm now having a delightful cappuccino.
    Mission accomplished.

Doing my raggedy-ass nails. Vestiges of my Halloween manicure are but a memory now. And just going with clear polish for the mo. I'll be doing some painting later while a friend's husband repairs a section of my fence that nutcase neighbor knocked down. There was a loose board there and this big buck knocked it over to have a chomp at the leaves on the trees in my backyard. But nutcase thought the buck was a homeless dude (don't ask because I don't know how his brain manages that, lol), panicked and started knocking the nailed boards down. So I'm having my friend's husband drill them back in with 2" wood screws while I accomplish other things. Way too much to do around here for just one person.

ktkatinmn Guest
    Sitting at work wishing I was anywhere but here (as long as it is indoors, as it is as cold as a witches tit in a brass bra).

Not that I don't appreciate my job, I most certainly do. However, tomorrow is deer hunting opener and it is as quiet as the grave around here this afternoon. I had a filling lunch and I am seriously putting up the good fight against food coma, and with the silence, I fear that the food coma will win.

Time to go put on some coffee...

Posting around FAD, moderation. Just finished supper. Got to swaddle Ethan's birthday gift in tissue and put it in it's bag.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Posting around FAD, moderation. Just finished supper. Got to swaddle Ethan's birthday gift in tissue and put it in it's bag.
    Awww,

Relaxing after lunch and making a big pot of beef stew for dinner. Got all sorts of things done today, except painting, lol. But I'm all set up to do that in a bit. Just putting a second coat of semigloss on an exterior door frame, which doesn't take much time. Weather's supposed to be nice for the next four days or so, so I should be able to accomplish quite a bit during that time.

Awww,

Relaxing after lunch and making a big pot of beef stew for dinner. Got all sorts of things done today, except painting, lol. But I'm all set up to do that in a bit. Just putting a second coat of semigloss on an exterior door frame, which doesn't take much time. Weather's supposed to be nice for the next four days or so, so I should be able to accomplish quite a bit during that time.
    Now I want to make some beef stew. Thanks, Deb. Lol. I am taking a break from trying to get back to sleep. I'll probably lie back down and read some more about Christian martyrs in the 20 century. First section is China, the Boxer massacre of a bunch of UK Protestant and Catholic missionaries and their Chinese converts. Man, were they ever bloody--burning, sawing in half, beheading, beating to death, and so on. I am looking for a married couple were martyred there decades ago. Their portrait hung in a building on my collage campus. If they are in the book I won't have to buy the book written about them. Lol.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-08-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We have a thread on medieval death methods. Have you ever seen it? That one'll curl your hair alright, lol. I'd heard of many of them but not others. Pretty fucked up yet socially acceptable stuff back then.

Waiting for the motion detector lights to come on outside to let me know where Sammy is. I don't let her stay out at night because it's getting below freezing now. During spring and summer she stays out at night once in awhile, has a little bed I made for her and a water dish on the deck, so it's no big deal. But during winter? No way. So I just wait for one to come on and there she is.

We have a thread on medieval death methods. Have you ever seen it? That one'll curl your hair alright, lol. I'd heard of many of them but not others. Pretty fucked up yet socially acceptable stuff back then.

Waiting for the motion detector lights to come on outside to let me know where Sammy is. I don't let her stay out at night because it's getting below freezing now. During spring and summer she stays out at night once in awhile, has a little bed I made for her and a water dish on the deck, so it's no big deal. But during winter? No way. So I just wait for one to come on and there she is.
    I'll have to read that thread. Thanks! Rolling my eyes at an argument that's broken out on my Bible forum. There are some knotheads over there, and I just wonder about some of the others. Why would you join a fundamental Bible forum when you don't believe the Bible? To stir it up, of course.
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-08-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Enjoying my lunch time with one of my favorite guys, Russell Stover.

radiojane Guest
    I'm high as a kite on pain meds. Kidney infection after my kidney stone fiasco. My limbs feel like jello so I'm in bed watching desperate housewives while my Bassett hound snores beside me.

Mammy Guest
    I'm high as a kite on pain meds. Kidney infection after my kidney stone fiasco. My limbs feel like jello so I'm in bed watching desperate housewives while my Bassett hound snores beside me.
    It sounds like you have been through a rough time lately. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Your napping buddy sounds adorable. I love Bassett Hounds.

radiojane Guest
    Thanks mammy. I'm very grateful to be healthy. My ultrasound shows I'm stone free, and the infection could have been prevented if I'd been given antibiotics sooner. As bad as this pain is, if it's all I have to deal with, I'm a lucky girl.

Toby is pretty cute.

Mammy Guest
    Thanks mammy. I'm very grateful to be healthy. My ultrasound shows I'm stone free, and the infection could have been prevented if I'd been given antibiotics sooner. As bad as this pain is, if it's all I have to deal with, I'm a lucky girl.

Toby is pretty cute.
    Toby is awesome! He would even be worth putting up with snoring. I'm glad you are stone free and will hopefully be back on your feet soon. I've had gallstones, but thankfully I've never had kidney stones.

Get better soon Jane! As a show of faith I'm gonna go ahead and get high as a kite so you're not alone.

Not on pain meds though.

Having a light lunch before getting that door frame painted. Finally, lol. Made a lovely fruit salad and cappuccino to go with it. Nice hot bath earlier. It's the little things that matter to me. The real things.

Get better soon Jane! As a show of faith I'm gonna go ahead and get high as a kite so you're not alone.

Not on pain meds though.
    I will take care of that....just got my new 6 scripts filled.....sailin' away
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Toby is pretty cute.
    Toby is a doll!

Just walked in from Lil E's first birthday party. Little bitty kids running around, trying to help him unwrap his gifts and making off with them. Gabe stole his toy hammer and was beating on all the glass surfaces until his mama made him beat on the leather ottoman. E's PJ--Papa Jeff--and his wife bought E a personalized, wooden kiddy chair , but E was ascared of it. Lol. I am tuckered out and going to do my devotions and hit the hay.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    enojying the cold medicine's effects and getting ready to go to a birthday party. Whoot.

Watching Dirty Dancing on TV, and being sad that I have to go home tommorow
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

I'm freezing--and I got pants on, well, shorts, since I'm going down to eat the supper I slept through. And did I sleep good! YaY! But I dreamed I ate a bunch of the birthday party food and tried to sneak a bunch more home. Lol!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    I'm freezing--and I got pants on, well, shorts, since I'm going down to eat the supper I slept through. And did I sleep good! YaY! But I dreamed I ate a bunch of the birthday party food and tried to sneak a bunch more home. Lol!
    Ha, I love how you mentioned what you are wearing on your lower half. You knew I would ask. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Ha, I love how you mentioned what you are wearing on your lower half. You knew I would ask. Lol
    I sure did.

I'm messing around here, still freezing. Just ate supper and finished my Hebrews Bible study. Now I may or may not go to bed read.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    I can't read in bed. Every time I try to, I wake up in a slobber puddle with my face stuck to my book.

Little Chief Guest
    Just got home after our car broke down. Pushing a car on a main road in a skirt is not my idea of a quiet Sunday hahaha. Still having problems with it (see rant thread), but it's never fully stalled and not started straight up. Sat in the car on the side of the road for about an hour and a half waiting to see if it would start/waiting for a lift.

Mammy Guest
    Pushing your disabled car sucks no matter what. I hope it isn't a serious and expensive problem to fix.

I can't read in bed. Every time I try to, I wake up in a slobber puddle with my face stuck to my book.
    So I went to bed and I read for a bit and put the book away, fell asleep. I must have slept about 90 minutes or so when I woke up and lay there with my eyes shut. Then, I felt something hop onto the side of bed near my arm. So I'm like Whaaa? Naw. Then it moved and I'm like Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! and shove it off. I turned on my lamp and there was nothing on the floor, so I hightailed it over, opened my bedroom door and then turned and ran into my bathroom, sat on the john, and that's when I saw what had jumped onto my bed. It came slinking low out from under my bed and out into the hall. It was big as a hairy lima bean--that blame bob tailed cat of Sissy's. I have never been so glad to see her in my life. Lol. Love her to death because she isn't a rat. Lol. I guess she got trapped in my room when I when down to put together my supper and so she was reared up trying to shake the bed like "Get up and lemme outta here!"
    Last edited by cindyt; 11-09-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I was watching a very cool show on PBS about the colonization of Australia and Caledonia. Then they said to stay tuned for a special about the Seiminole people, which I was all set to watch. As it was starting, all of a sudden somebody flipped the wrong switch at the station apparently and Bill Moyers was on, midshow instead, lol. What the hell? But like I've said a million times before, there is weirdness here.

The special was going to be on the history of the Seminoles and their transformation from a once downtrodden people to the richest tribe in the world thanks to their purchase of Harrahs worldwide. Guess I'll have to wait until someone at the local TV transfer station to pull their head out of their ass. We have no local TV stations, so the TV guide can be a bit like roulette itself. You just never know.

We do have local radio stations though. Listened to a very cool program on Margaret Sanger earlier.

Absolutely nothing on right now and I don't feel like going out. So Miss Universe is on. Eh. They're down to the final 16 contestants. I haven't seen a pageant of any kind in years and they don't really interest me. Something I noticed with this one though is things have changed. These girls aren't the pageant ditzes of yore. They're all professional women like engineers, etc. That's quite a change from all the Honey BooBoo and Miss USA crap of late. There's naturally cheese involved as there always is with these things. Lounging on car hoods like Tawney Kittaine and such. But at least there's been some progress in these things.

And Steven Tyler's a judge? Whaaaa?

Trying to figure out a way to slap my brother from across the country. He texted "FUCK YOU" to me over 100 times in individual messages. It lasted for probably ten minutes and couldn't put my phone on silence. The bastard.

Mammy Guest
    Trying to figure out a way to slap my brother from across the country. He texted "FUCK YOU" to me over 100 times in individual messages. It lasted for probably ten minutes and couldn't put my phone on silence. The bastard.
    Is this the same brother that you backhanded the fuck out of at the funeral home? If so, it sounds like it's time for round two.

No actually it's my oldest brother. But I'm about ready to start round one with his ass too. He's done it again since I posted the first time. My phone is on silent thankfully but it shuts me down on reading anything. What the hell kind of shit is that? I'm gonna have to auto reject his number.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 11-09-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Little Chief Guest
    Pushing your disabled car sucks no matter what. I hope it isn't a serious and expensive problem to fix.
    It's already cost a lot of money anyway, and it was guaranteed to be "fixed". More angry phone calls tomorrow.

Dramatic much? lol

Can you block him temporarily when he does this? Just until the next day or whatever. Nobody needs a litany of that kind of stupidity.

I had an ex do something similar a few years ago when I was still married. But he was hitting on me. Yeah, Howzabout no. Blockaroo until he came to his senses. People are strange, don'tchaknow.

Fucking around here and wondering what this system update on my phone actually fixed. I loathe updating my phone's operating system. But there's no way around it unless you want shit to start going wonky because it won't be up to date with it's connected services and apps, *sigh*.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 11-09-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Well, it sure as hell did nothing for Opera's spellcheck function, lol.

I just blocked the idiot. I've never done it before. I hope he can see that he's blocked. Maybe like a rejected message or something.

Little Chief I hope y'all get it straitened out. Car troubles suck.