Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott and Laci Peterson

Nelliebean Guest
    The police followed him when he was supposed to be posting flyers of Lacy, and he parked in a mall parking lot and never even got out. He then later said that he was driving around putting up the same flyers.

Hmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I just got done reading For Laci. I didn't get the whole boy names Sue thing?? What the hell was that suppose to mean?
    He was using a girl's name when he bought a car. I forgot the girl's name he used, but he
    explained it to the guy he was buying the car from how it was like that Johnny Cash song with his girlish name.

Suzanne30 Guest
    He bought the car using his mother's name, Jaqueline.

Noelle Page Guest
    Have any of you read Scott's half sister Anne Byrd's book? She too think's he is guilty.In her book she says Scott acted cold toward Laci before the murder when they went to Disney for the weekend.It is a very good read.
    I read that a few weeks ago. I came out of it kind of disliking her, though I can't really say why.

cherryghost Guest
    Noelle were have you been lately all our deathhags lives?

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I read that a few weeks ago. I came out of it kind of disliking her, though I can't really say why.

I didn't like Amber Frey after I read her book.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Noelle were have you been lately all our deathhags lives?
    Why thank you cherry....was just "talked out" for awhile, that's all.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    ^^ What's the point? It won't bring her or the baby back, and he has no money. At least OJ had money left and earning potential, Scott Peterson is broker than broke. And OJ was acquitted so you could see the families' point, Scott Peterson is on death row and likely will stay there.

I haven't had a family member murdered in cold blood so I'm not one to give advice, but get some therapy and move on, this can't be good for the family to relive this in court.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    ^^ What's the point? It won't bring her or the baby back, and he has no money. At least OJ had money left and earning potential, Scott Peterson is broker than broke. And OJ was acquitted so you could see the families' point, Scott Peterson is on death row and likely will stay there.

I haven't had a family member murdered in cold blood so I'm not one to give advice, but get some therapy and move on, this can't be good for the family to relive this in court.
    I agree. He isnt getting out of prison. This court case is just costing the taxpayers money and taking court dockets away for more important cases. Sharon must be behind on her payment's for her Mercedes.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I agree. He isnt getting out of prison. This court case is just costing the taxpayers money and taking court dockets away for more important cases. Sharon must be behind on her payment's for her Mercedes.

My guess is that he must be trying to profit somehow from her death. Or they are trying to make sure that is not an option for him. That would be the reason they would take him to civil court - to make sure that any profits made would go to the Rocha family and not to the Peterson's.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    My guess is that he must be trying to profit somehow from her death. Or they are trying to make sure that is not an option for him. That would be the reason they would take him to civil court - to make sure that any profits made would go to the Rocha family and not to the Peterson's.
    If they have to do the whole trial over like they did in the OJ civil case, it's a bad idea. If Scott wins, that could open up the door for a appeal.The Rocha's should just leave it be.

#1 Death Hag Guest
    They made a film about him. It was called the perfect husband. Dean Cain starred as him. It kind of made if obvious from the beginning that he was the murderer. He was too cool and composed.

I am hoping this will prevent Scott's family from profiting as well. I believe if his parents could find a way, they would. His half sister Ann already has.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    If they have to do the whole trial over like they did in the OJ civil case, it's a bad idea. If Scott wins, that could open up the door for a appeal.The Rocha's should just leave it be.
    The burden of proof is much less in a civil suit than a criminal trial, so I do not think Scott (or his family) would win. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    The burden of proof is much less in a civil suit than a criminal trial, so I do not think Scott (or his family) would win. Just my opinion.
    Good to know!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Any judgment would run against Scott, not his family. The family did not cause her death. I would assume California has a law against prisoners profiting from the crime. In Florida, serial killer Danny Rolling married some woman who wrote a thinly-veiled "autobiography" and was going to be able to pocket the profits, but I can't remember what happened, she backed down, I think they threatened to amend the law to stop her from profiting, but in any event, a wrongful death lawsuit judgment doesn't apply to the family.
    If my brother killed someone, no one can stop me from writing trashy tell-alls about our childhood or what I knew about the case. That's my right, and I didn't kill anyone. Not that I would do that, but Scott's family didn't have anything to do with the murder.

I wish I had someone to write a trashy tell all about. But, I'm the trashy-ish one in my family, (in the most aristocratic sense of trashy), however, today I got my expungement papers for my misdemeanors, so that chapter of my sorted life at least is over.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I can't stand most of the family I have left, I'd trash up a tell-all for some easy bucks, no problem, unless it was a nasty murder, then I think I'd feel bad and not do it.

tommyjox Guest
    In a Civil trial it is the "preponerance" of the evidence Vs Beyond all reasonable doubt for a criminal trial.

Scott would not prevail.

NOVSTORM Guest

Scott Peterson Back in Court

Scott Peterson Heading to Trial Again

AP
    Posted: 2008-06-06 20:33:42
    Filed Under: Crime News
    MODESTO, Calif. (June 6) - Convicted killer Scott Peterson will be heading to trial again over the death of his pregnant wife, this time in civil court.

AP
    Scott Peterson was convicted in 2003 of killing his wife and her fetus on Christmas Eve.

The parents of Laci Peterson have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against him, seeking a multimillion-dollar judgment.

A Stanislaus County Superior Court judge ruled Friday that Peterson would have to stand trial in the civil case. A jury found him guilty in 2003 of killing Laci Peterson and her fetus and dumping the body in San Francisco Bay on Christmas Eve 2002.

At Friday's hearing, Peterson's defense attorney cited in court a videotape made at San Quentin State Prison in which he maintains his innocence.

Beauchesne stayed his ruling until June 23 to allow lawyers to appeal.

The trial is set to begin July 8.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

WendyK Guest
    Umm.I didn't realize he had any money to give?Or is this just to protect Laci's family in the future from Scott profiting off the murders?

RaRaRamona Guest
    Umm.I didn't realize he had any money to give?Or is this just to protect Laci's family in the future from Scott profiting off the murders?
    Who cares? As long as they win.

NOVSTORM Guest
    ou know I get pissed at this. The guy is on death row,he has no money,never will have money and the state law in Ca is they cannot make any money from their crimes. SO why do the tax payers have to pay for Laci's mother to get more money or a judgement that will never be collected.? I do not like Laci's mother or step father ,come to think about it I like them as much as the Goldman's or the Browns..
    Laci's mother got the life insurance, the house money, her inheritance, her jewerly.
    So now she needs to spend our taxpayers money to get a judgement? SHe will never collect a penny on it . I think if they should pay for the whole trial, His attorney, the jury the judge all of it. We have spent millions already trying this guy and sticking his butt on death row . Why should we have to pay for his attorney and all the court costs again for their personal gain?

Ok, if he had been aquitted I could see this. But the are filing a multimillion dollar lawsuit against a man who is going to spend the rest of his life in jail. If they win how do they collect.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NOVSTORM Guest
    Ca law prohibits someone from making money off their crimes . It is just another waste of tax payers money.

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Ok, if he had been aquitted I could see this. But the are filing a multimillion dollar lawsuit against a man who is going to spend the rest of his life in jail. If they win how do they collect.

They won't. The only exception would be if he came into money somehow (inheritance, book deal) then they could collect off those earnings. I think they are going for the principle on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    They won't. The only exception would be if he came into money somehow (inheritance, book deal) then they could collect off those earnings. I think they are going for the principle on this one.
    I don't think it's a money thing either. I think she is just covering all of her bases for any eventuality. I can't blame her. I wouldn't want my daughter's murderer or family profit from anything regarding her.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

A book deal would have to be a cook book(101 ways to cook beans over a zippo lighter) or something cause he can't write about the case. As posted earlier in Ca you can't profit of your crimes.
    Does anybody know what the deal is with inheritance? If he had a rich relative that had him in his will would he still be able to collect that?
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Ca law prohibits someone from making money off their crimes . It is just another waste of tax payers money.
    Yes, that's kinda what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Who cares? As long as they win.
    Yes, I do hope they win.I don't really see the point in this though.

Dying Breath Guest
    @ 10 cents per hour he is gonna have to work a lot of overtime.

NOVSTORM Guest
    A book deal would have to be a cook book(101 ways to cook beans over a zippo lighter) or something cause he can't write about the case. As posted earlier in Ca you can't profit of your crimes.
    Does anybody know what the deal is with inheritance? If he had a rich relative that had him in his will would he still be able to collect that?

If I am correct and I think I am you cannot get inheritance money, not even in a divorce. If it is set up correctly "special needs trust" it can't be touched. His parents pretty much spent everything they had on his attorneys so I doubt he will be getting much if anything there.
    Unlike OJ he has no poit to piss in or a window to toss it from and never will. To me this is just another useless law suit.

Nope and if he was the only beneficiary then the state would take it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Maruz83 Guest
    I have a question.... couldn't he write a book to buy them the millions ? Am just wondering

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruz83 View Post
    I have a question.... couldn't he write a book to buy them the millions ? Am just wondering
    I don't see him being that thoughtful, unless he's a spotlight junkie

ceege Guest
    Seems like a frivolous law suit to me. Certainly something the taxpayers should not have to be burdened with.

sunshine74137 Guest
    I think they just feel so damn angry and powerless. Or perhaps they need to fill the final chapters of their own book, everybody's gotta cash in on the book thing.

Vamp Guest
    This totally seems like a waste of time. It just gives Scott Peterson more publicity.

MorbidMolly Guest
    ou know I get pissed at this. The guy is on death row,he has no money,never will have money and the state law in Ca is they cannot make any money from their crimes. SO why do the tax payers have to pay for Laci's mother to get more money or a judgement that will never be collected.? I do not like Laci's mother or step father ,come to think about it I like them as much as the Goldman's or the Browns..
    Laci's mother got the life insurance, the house money, her inheritance, her jewerly.
    So now she needs to spend our taxpayers money to get a judgement? SHe will never collect a penny on it . I think if they should pay for the whole trial, His attorney, the jury the judge all of it. We have spent millions already trying this guy and sticking his butt on death row . Why should we have to pay for his attorney and all the court costs again for their personal gain?
    Excellant post.........

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    This totally seems like a waste of time. It just gives Scott Peterson more publicity.

And/or Laci's parents.

Jazbabee Guest
    Nothing wrong with the principle, but I must agree with Novstorms points on this entire thing.......if Laci's parents want this, then let them pay out of their own pockets for this !

NOVSTORM Guest
    This an article from his parents web site
    Last Friday's court ruling…
    In the wrongful death civil lawsuit against Scott for monetary damages, Judge Beauchesne ruled in favor of the defense last Friday. Scott was granted a trial in civil court. A ruling against Scott would have meant that he would automatically be ‘guilty’ in civil court because of the guilty verdict in criminal court, and only a monetary award would then be decided in the civil case. The ruling is favorable for Scott, indicating there are issues that merit being re-tried.
    Yesterday’s decision can be appealed, but will most likely be upheld in higher courts since it was a fair and impartial judgment in accordance with the law. The appeal process for this decision will be completed by June 23rd.
    Although the trial is scheduled for July 8th, it is common for depositions to take place prior to the trial. These depositions must be completed 30 days before the trial begins. So the July 8th date will probably be moved back.
    We are thankful that this civil trial will provide more opportunities to expose the facts of this case and the truth out about Scott’s innocence.
    The Petersons

NOVSTORM Guest
    Now that the fury of the press and people has calmed down something presented here could just maybe get him a new trial period.
    Sometimes greed can backfire on your ass.
    If he had a new trial and was found not guilty Lacis Mother is going to have to cough up all that money she made on her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruz83 View Post

I guess in California it is against the law for an inmate to make money off writing a book about the crime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ApricotRoses Guest
    I don't think it's about money for Sharon Rocha. Maybe she heard of something going on in the "Peterson camp" about him making money off of this tragedy. Maybe she just wants to STAY IN HIS FACE, in case his piece of shit mind wants to just forget the act he committed. Make ScottyBoy squirm a little, make him REMEMBER.

leeny994 Guest
    is it true Scott is now pen pals or something of that nature with Richard Ramirez/Night Stalker? I heard it mentioned on tv the other day but i did not hear the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    is it true Scott is now pen pals or something of that nature with Richard Ramirez/Night Stalker? I heard it mentioned on tv the other day but i did not hear the whole thing.
    I heard that he stabbed him. I guess Richard is jealous of Scott getting more attention that him?

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotRoses View Post
    I don't think it's about money for Sharon Rocha. Maybe she heard of something going on in the "Peterson camp" about him making money off of this tragedy. Maybe she just wants to STAY IN HIS FACE, in case his piece of shit mind wants to just forget the act he committed. Make ScottyBoy squirm a little, make him REMEMBER.
    Sharon Rocha has made more money of this case than anyone, how much more money or attention does she need?

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I heard that he stabbed him. I guess Richard is jealous of Scott getting more attention that him?
    what a tangled web they weave on that death row over there....

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Now that the fury of the press and people has calmed down something presented here could just maybe get him a new trial period.
    Sometimes greed can backfire on your ass.
    If he had a new trial and was found not guilty Lacis Mother is going to have to cough up all that money she made on her death.
    Based on your post I guess you think the failed fertilizer salesman is innocent?

Laci's parents filed a civil suit in order to make sure that the pudgy, narcy, failed fertilizer salesman does not profit from anything he might write or sell from prison. It is a formality.

Any evidence that was not included in the criminal trial that would be brought up in the civil trial would more likely than not be more damning that what was used in the criminal trial.

Mr. Peteykins has already given his deposition for this case and he invokes the fifth amendment approximately 150 times.

Maybe he could call his friends Francois and Pasquale...you know, the ones he told Amber Frey that he was hanging with in Paris on New Year's Eve/I mean Laci's candlelight vigil.
    Last edited by NewYorkDoll; 07-11-2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: typo