Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott and Laci Peterson

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Her father was of Portugeuse descent.

Gawd, I know way too much about this case.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Her father was of Portugeuse descent.

Gawd, I know way too much about this case.
    Yup, knew there was that Latin/Hispanic in her. Just forgot where...

cherryghost Guest
    She was beautiful and the wedding photographs are intriguing knowing the circumstances!

That is sick. Scott Peterson did it! Done deal, just like Drew Peterson killed his wives. Future note! Don't marry anyone with the last name Peterson!
    We should warn Vera!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Laci Peterson wasn't perfect, none of us are. I haven't heard anything about her character, and it wouldn't matter if I did, because she didn't deserve to die like that, with all her hopes and dreams growing in her belly. And anyone who trashes her is beyond the pale, IMO.

Scott didn't want Laci; he didn't want Connor; he didn't want a divorce because he didn't want the stigma of leaving them. So he stole their lives so he could live his the way he wanted. If he had been smart enough he might have gotten away with it, but fortunately he was too stupid.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

wanderoze Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Im not going to give details about Laci on this board because emotions run pretty high on the subject.Ill just say she liked to have fun. Some people are ready to canonize her a saint.The media sure helped. That is all.

Then why the hell even bring it up? And who cares if she did like to have fun? Does that mean she deserved to die? WTF? It's a really asinine statement to make in my opinion.

Read this whole thread. Some people are ready to canonize her a saint. Woman get murdered everyday, what makes her so special. I live 10 minutes from Modesto. A woman here was thrown in trash heap, doused with gasoline, set ablaze, and left for dead. she didn't die. She got up, walked a half mile down the road and passed out on someones yard, trying to get help. Some mexican farm workers found her and called 911. She did die three days later. Why was isnt she featured on the news world wide? Well, she was a lesbian. She was mexican. My point is that Laci isnt someone special, I feel bad what happened to her but i'm sick of the way people act like they know her, or know what happend.

Guest Guest
    Read this whole thread. Some people are ready to canonize her a saint. Woman get murdered everyday, what makes her so special. I live 10 minutes from Modesto. A woman here was thrown in trash heap, doused with gasoline, set ablaze, and left for dead. she didn't die. She got up, walked a half mile down the road and passed out on someones yard, trying to get help. Some mexican farm workers found her and called 911. She did die three days later. Why was isnt she featured on the news world wide? Well, she was a lesbian. She was mexican. My point is that Laci isnt someone special, I feel bad what happened to her but i'm sick of the way people act like they know her, or know what happend.
    lol....that is really laughable...canonize her as a saint? Laci was a human being...a pregnant young woman in the prime of her life...who disappeared on Christmas Eve...a young woman married to a young attractive man...awwww a storybook romance gone horribly wrong...lies..sex...murder!

that's what sells! I'm not saying it is right...but this woman had a lot of friends and a lot of family that made damn sure her name stayed on the news...and if someone is murdered that is exactly what their friends and family HAVE to do...do you honestly think that every single interview was just happenstance...that the media being at searches and vigils was just pure luck...it's called press releases and bet your bottom dollar they were submitted to the media...I don't think this young mexican woman that was burned deserves less attention than what Laci got....what was that womans name again?? But unless someone keeps on the media/crime stoppers/and investigators the case and the story run cold...I had a friend murdered in a drive by shooting..sitting on his sofa minding his own business...bullet through the wall and down to the floor he went..DEAD! his murder got a whopping 2 minutes on the news why? because 4 days earlier a county sheriff was killed in a drug raid...did we get pissed? did we give up? no...we waited for some of the frenzy around Officer Bananola to die down and then sent a press release to the media about vigils and fund raisers for Stephan and his wife granted interviews...was the county sheriff more important than my friend? they had his killer...but it was more news worthy...was that the officers "fault" or Stephan's "fault" we got his name and story out there and the case still remains unsolved 13 years later

and again for the record...those who think the only reason Laci got so much attention was because she was young pregnant and WHITE...FYI...she was of Latino decent....I'm sick and tired of everything going right back to the race card

Laci I'm sure wasn't perfect...but that didn't mean she should have died the way she did...and if I'm going to canonize anyone in that case I will canonize CONNER...because he was an innocent who didn't even get a chance to live because the man who fathered him selfishly took him from this world.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    It's been documented. It's called "Damsel in Distress" syndrome in the press, but it's for pretty young white (and straight) girls only. Like Natalee Holloway and Laci Peterson. If you're black, a minority, gay, unattractive, or a guy, you're S.O.L. if you want to be featured as missing in the press. It's that simple. Sad but true. Parents of some missing black girls and some white guys did some kind of protest but it didn't go anywhere.

I feel bad for Laci. She's about to have a baby and it's Christmas, and she gets murdered by likely her husband. That's had to be a terrible thing and no one deserves that fate. But I don't think she's a saint, they looked and sounded kind of trashy. I read somewhere they'd filed for bankruptcy a couple of times, yet had a custom kitchen with granite countertops and copper sinks, that always grated on me. I skimp and save and I have a dated kitchen.

Snoopy Guest
    Well said DearHeart..I absolutely agree 100% no one life.. be it white..black..Asian..Latino..is worth more than the next..and every life when it is gone leaves a void in someone else's life..I truly agree.that it is what the people who are left behind do to make that life that was lost known..and I agree Conner was the only perfect one..he never even got the chance to make mistakes and develope his own flaws.

Suzanne30 Guest
    When I read Sharon Rochas book, I felt like I was reading about my relationship with my own daughter. In fact my daughter and Laci were the same age when Laci died. There were ups and downs. Boyfriend problems, etc. Laci was obviously a very headstrong young woman just as my own daughter was and is. But obviously Sharon and Laci had a great relationship just as my daughter and I do.
    Yes, Laci had flaws. She liked to talk alot, that's how she got the nick name "JabberJaws". Just like my other daughter, who I love to death. Oh, and Laci wasn't a very good Thank You Card writer. Horror's!
    I 've never heard anyone imply that Laci was perfect, but the way some people I have heard talk, do imply that Scott was.
    I'd rather have an imperfect daughter than a "perfect Goldenchild" as Scott was made out to be. Just my 2 cents.

Guest Guest
    brava! I don't remember anyone connected to Laci's calling her a saint...but I do recall many connected to Scott...dubbing him the "golden child"

I don't care if Laci's was boffing the entire Modesto softball team...she did not deserve to be murdered...I don't care if the young mexican lesbian woman was doing drugs and ripped someone off and was living on the streets...she didn't deserve to be murdered

nor did the kid throwing snowballs who accidentally hit a passerby...gee young black low income neighborhood...and we heard about it...did they make an arrest? yes...one thing I have noticed is that when someone is MISSING there seems to be much more coverage than say someone who was found dead etc...maybe that is because their friends and family are sticking on the media to help with search efforts...seems if a body is found the urgency for information isn't as important and the media might mention a tip line etc but not devote a lot of attention on the case...

either way I don't think it is fair to say that people think Laci was more important than someone else...all life is valuable.

ozzysmom Guest
    Does anybody think the jurors probably needed some couseling after have to look at those photos of Laci and dear little Conner? GAWD, how awful. They should take Scott Peterson out on a boat, tie weights to his useless ass and drop him overboard.

Guest Guest
    I am friends with one of the jurors...and no it's not Strawberry Shortcake or any of them that wrote a book or did an interview...she is still very traumatized by those photos and by the entire case...I asked her some things this week to clarify and she just doesn't like to discuss it at all!

her overall view of the case is this "just sad and her death so unnecessary"

I have to agree with the fact that Laci's family had the means to get all that media attention. They knew where to go to get all that coverage.

If only the lesbian's friends/family knew where to go and who to contact, maybe they could have gotten some coverage for it too.

If anything happened to anyone in my family, I'd be raising enough hell to have it all covered on the news and media - believe you me!

The had a candlelight vigil for the Rose Avina. It wasn't covered. This is the story how it appeared in the local newspaper.

MERCED, Calif. -- The search for the assailant or assailants who bound, gagged and severely burned a Livingston woman has turned into a homicide investigation.

Authorities say the victim, 27-year-old Rosa Avina, died Friday night at a San Jose hospital after suffering second- and third-degree burns over 95 percent of her body.

Investigators believe Avina was burned inside an abandoned boat early Wednesday morning near the town of Ballico. The victim managed to walked a mile to a farm, where workers later found her collapsed on the road.

No arrests have been made in the case, but a Merced County Sheriff's Department spokesman says it has been following some leads.

That was it. Sorry if I come off the wrong way. I think what bugs me is seeing Sharon Rocha suing insurance companies and driving around Modesto in a Mercedes Benz SL-65. I don't respect people like that. I don't feel bad for them.

Suzanne30 Guest
    It's horrible what happened to Miss Avina. And I hope her killers are brought to justice.

Guest Guest
    ummm...I'm sorry...this just seems all too personal

from what I understand Sharon and her husband weren't exactly "poor" prior to Laci's death...I know for a fact Sharon has raised and put a ton of money into Domestic Violence and Victims advocacy groups...you are just assuming that she drives the car she does because she came into the insurance money...what were they supposed to do? give the money to Scott and his family? I have friends that went on the Harley Rally Ride in Laci's name and all proceeds went to Laci's fund which funds victims advocacy for families..I happen to know that the foundation has a board of directors and that the Rocha's can't just take what money they want from it...you just come off as really bitter about her and her family on more of a personal level than one of fairness in regards to media coverage...so she drives a nice car...what should she do...not drive at all? not live in a nice home? she had nice cars and motorcycles and a nice home before her daughter and grandson were ever murdered...and she has done enormous work for DV and VA groups...I know because I belong to these groups...she does not "profit" from her work...book proceeds went to the foundation as well as to fund her travel expenses to do speaking engagements and fund raisers.

I'm sorry that this young woman was murdered so brutally...and yes you are right more should be done to keep her name and case in the media but quite frankly it's not the police's job to keep the story out there...people have to pressure the media to keep it in the limelight...strength in numbers...if a vigil was held and attended by say a few hundred people..the media would be there...if the community pressures the police to investigate leads...the media would be there...it doesn't "just happen"

anyway back on topic

What happened to Laci and Conner was very tragic...and very unnecessary he could have just divorced her but for whatever reason in his mind he couldn't do such a thing...for whatever reason he thought how it would be easier to snuff out her existence and that of his own flesh and blood...I can only imagine the terror that she must have experienced as he the man that she loved..the father of the baby she so wanted was snuffing the life out of her...or to be Amber Frye and find out Prince Charming was really a monster...too many victims of this crime...her family...and even his

It's bad enough to be betrayed by someone you love, but to realize that they are actually killing you, how horrible. I'm sure there are worse ways to die, but seeing the one you love looking you in the eyes and realizing he's not the person you thought he was... damn. No matter who you are...

ok, back to the topic, give me 1 shred of evidence that don't include 'what if" or "he could of" And also that car list for almost 200,000 dollars. Dairymens wives don't drive cars like that.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 03-17-2008 at 10:20 PM.

ok, back to the topic, give me 1 shred of evidence that don't include 'what if" or "he could of" And also that car list for almost 200,000 dollars. Dairymens wives don't drive cars like that.
    I have to say it again... Jefe, you scare me, but, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I have to say it again... Jefe, you scare me, but, I like it.
    Look, I think he did it, but saying "I think" isnt good enough when it comes to putting a man to death. And that insurance money should have went back to the company, not Sharon Roacha. Im sorry for little Conner but do you think that Benz eases Sharon pain? Its greed and vanity, nothing else.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Well, there was the hair that was entwined in the needle nose pliers found in the fishing boat that was consistant with being Laci's. As far as I know, that's the only forensic evidence presented. He had the motive, freedom. Means, the boat. Opportunity, he's believed to be the last person to have spoken to Laci, besides her Mother from the night before. That's for starters.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Sharon isn't married to a dairy man. Her husband is the foreman of a construction company. And Sharon is a real estate agent. Plus, she probably is paid for speaking engagements. If she can afford to drive a nice car, good for her!

1 hair in a pair of pliers? In a boat that her husband owned? Can you tell me that if we searched your husbands trunk of his car, we would not find 1 of your hairs? Would you bet his life on it?

Suzanne30 Guest
    Finding a stray hair in the boat would be one thing. But the hair was wrapped within the teeth of the pliers. It would be pretty good odds that her hair would just fall right into those plier's teeth and wrap itself around it. IMO.

ok. tell me how that hair got there. the burden falls on you, not the defense. There still isnt a believable motive, or a cause of death. She could of died in her sleep and he panicked and threw her in the bay. There isnt evidence pointing either way, thats my point. All what if's.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 03-17-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Suzanne30 Guest
    ok. tell me how that hair got there. the burden falls on you, not the defense. There still isnt a believable motive, or a cause of death. She could of died in her sleep and he panicked and threw her in the bay. There isnt evidence pointing either way, thats my point. All what if's.
    Honestly, I couldn't say how the hair got there. Since I wasn't there. The prosecution put forth the theory that while scott wrapped Laci's body in a tarp, he used the pliers doing that and her hair got caught in them.

How do you think it got there?

Also, why did Scott say that Laci was wearing a white shirt and black pants when he last saw her? When her body was found, she still had on the khacki pants from the night before she went missing. The blouse she had been wearing the night before, was balled up and found stuck in a drawer. Does that sound like something that Laci would do? Considering what we know about her?

Guest Guest
    1 hair in a pair of pliers? In a boat that her husband owned? Can you tell me that if we searched your husbands trunk of his car, we would not find 1 of your hairs? Would you bet his life on it?
    in a boat Laci by all accounts knew nothing about him purchasing! no one in either family knew about it...do you not find that a tad bit odd?

I don't care what anyone says...not all cases are settled on hard forensic evidence..that's a FACT! All the circumstances along with the FACTS of the case all lead right back to Scott Peterson...there was tons of computer evidence presented to this jury showing him researching not only tides..and depths of area lakes but also weight to weight ratios on anchors...why would he need to know how many anchors it would take to hold down 150lbs? the boat weighed more than that!

too many people watch CSI...not every single murder has blood...or bodily fluids...or hair or fibers or fingerprints

take the case of Drew Peterson...his wife who by all accounts was NOT having an affair just disappears POOF! GONE! close to her family..no money or gambling problems no drug or alcohol issues...loves her children very active mother..even adopting her two step children just disappears into thin air and all the while this guy is running around like a chicken with his head cut off...and according to HIM everyone else is either a liar...crazy...on drugs..money grubbing...low class street trash etc etc

why oh why would Scott Peterson tell his lover that he was widowed the previous Christmas...oh correction his exact words were "I lost my wife last Christmas" and then low and behold...that's exactly what ended up happening...do you honestly think the only way they can dish out the death penalty is if they have a smoking gun??? THE PREPONDERANCE of the evidence...do you understand what that means? You may not agree with it...but by a preponderance of the evidence they found the man guilty and they recommended death...you must keep in mind that was their recommendation...it is the judge the ordered it...not the jury...so if you want to be upset be upset with Judge Deluchi...oh that's right...he's dead.

there are so many different facets to this case...so many "coincidences" that it is impossible to not believe he either did it or he is responsible for it
    and FYI that's all it takes...the defense could NOT support any of their theories to mysterious vans and devil cults...not one bit of hard or circumstantial pointed in that direction...why tell her step dad he went golfing but tell the police he went fishing? why dye his hair orange with 15k and a map to Ambers job and survivalist gear if he's an innocent man?

The facts are he lied...he lied a lot...he put himself at the scene of the bodies...there is solid proof he was in the bay that day...there is solid proof that woman and baby were dead for that period of time...not kept alive for weeks or months as theorized...hair in her home on her bed? to be expected...wrapped around a pair of pliers...not to be expected...sometimes that is all the evidence that's left...if he could have kept his dick in his pants he just may have gotten away with it...I have no sympathy for his position...again...he's where he belongs and will probably never see the death chamber anyway...so let's say they commute his sentence are you saying he should be released? or serve life like he's going to end up serving anyway?

Guest Guest
    well didn't you just give a what if...she could have died in her sleep and he panicked...if that is the case why not just call 911...why not fess up? I'll tell you why because he killed her and thought he would get away with it that's why...how did the hair get there? burden of proof...again you confuse that with a preponderance of the evidence that means you can take what they can't explain exactly with what they can prove...he made anchors...that was proven...where are they? by evidence collected they can theorized that he used chain as the lines...there are receipts...where's the chain? hmmm hair in a pair of pliers...maybe he connect the link of the chain after wrapping it around her neck and that is how the hair got their...but they have proven that anchors and chain are missing...his excuse of the concrete...work in his yard...yet the residue was found in his warehouse and in the boat...if he did the work in his yard and the boat was NEVER at his home...how did the same grade of concrete end up in his warehouse and in his boat?

again...you sound as if you just hate Laci and her family...complaining about her car! Her husband owns a construction company and it was Laci's FATHER who was a rancher...and FYI...ranchers can make pretty darn good money too! Sharon has worked real estate for over 20 years...as a matter of fact she helped get Laci and Scott into that home for a steal...I say so what if she inherited Laci's money and bought a car...though you have no PROOF that is what she did with Laci's money...you too make assumptions about this case and the people involved...Trust me...as a mother I am positive that Sharon would rather have her daughter and grandson than a car or a house and would trade all of her worldly possessions to have them back...I'm done addressing this...I rarely fight or argue on here...but your comments are beginning to piss me off...you sound off as if Laci's family is only interested in money and that they are happy she's dead or they wouldn't be driving expensive cars!

This subject is done for me...you all can argue who mourns the most...and who deserves to be on death row...I'm out!

cherryghost Guest
    Well at least the discussion is constructive and issues are being brought up with respect to the victim and the opinions held!

Look at the bottom of your vacume cleaner. Its full of hair. When I changed the belt in my vacume I not only had my girlfriends hair wrapped around some pliers, it was in a crescent wrench as well. I will say this again for the third time in this thread, he MAY have did it. BUT I would not send someone to die based on emotional assumptions. Cheating on your wife or looking smug on the witness stand isnt enough to kill a man in my book.

Look at the bottom of your vacume cleaner. Its full of hair. When I changed the belt in my vacume I not only had my girlfriends hair wrapped around some pliers, it was in a crescent wrench as well. I will say this again for the third time in this thread, he MAY have did it. BUT I would not send someone to die based on emotional assumptions. Cheating on your wife or looking smug on the witness stand isnt enough to kill a man in my book.
    I understand where you are coming from Jefe - but Scott was NOT acting like an innocent man during the search for Laci, and even after they found the bodies, instead of wanting to ID the bodies, or breaking down and crying over his "loss", he dyed his hair, got some camping gear together, about $10,000 and was heading to Mexico.

Scott was a pathological liar, and I'm pretty sure he'll be taking any confession with him to his grave, rather than admit he lied.

WendyK Guest
    Have any of you read Scott's half sister Anne Byrd's book? She too think's he is guilty.In her book she says Scott acted cold toward Laci before the murder when they went to Disney for the weekend.It is a very good read.

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Have any of you read Scott's half sister Anne Byrd's book? She too think's he is guilty.In her book she says Scott acted cold toward Laci before the murder when they went to Disney for the weekend.It is a very good read.
    I've read them all except the Amber Frye one.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Don't waste your time, I got it from the library. It was dull and clearly written by someone else. It was nice she agreed to cooperate with the prosecution and tape him, but the girl is dull as dishwater and appears to have an IQ of a rock.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I've read that one and it's pretty much all pitty my life and I am such a hero . I have not read the one yet by her mother, I am going to see if I can get a used copy fairly cheap somewhere.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    The one by Sharon is heartbreaking. I cried my eyes out all the way through it. I think that was mostly ghostwritten from interviews with Sharon, but it's very painful to read.

Aries, did you read Stone Cold Guilty, as well? My friend Loretta wrote it and it really goes in depth about the trial.

The thing that bothers me most about Scott Peterson besides the fact that he is a sociopathic murderer is that he was on the run. He had bleached his hair a really weird color... it is hard to get dark hair blond unless you go to a professional, and then he was at the San Diego border, with someone elses drivers license, a bunch of money and ready to cross into another country and disappear.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Don't forget, he also was driving a Mercedes purchased under his mother's name, and he make a joke about it being a boy named Sue sort of thing. He also had water purifying tablets, camping equipment, and Viagra.

As you do.

Don't forget, he also was driving a Mercedes purchased under his mother's name, and he make a joke about it being a boy named Sue sort of thing. He also had water purifying tablets, camping equipment, and Viagra.

As you do.
    That's right, he was using a woman's name! AND he had Viagra? That's hilarious. Was he worried that flashbacks of killing his wife might give him problems with his virility?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    That's right, he was using a woman's name! AND he had Viagra? That's hilarious. Was he worried that flashbacks of killing his wife might give him problems with his virility?
    and a map to Amber's work! Rope...duct tape...tarps...as well as a tent and other camping equipment...a shovel

and yes Viagra...cus it gets awfully lonely in the forest..yes indeed!

lisalouver Guest

As you do.
    LMAO as you do.

I LOVE when Scott uses that in his stories on FAD.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    LMAO as you do.

I LOVE when Scott uses that in his stories on FAD.

It is sooooo Scott.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I shamelessly lifted that from him. I use it on my blog once in a while, as well as in conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    and a map to Amber's work! Rope...duct tape...tarps...as well as a tent and other camping equipment...a shovel

and yes Viagra...cus it gets awfully lonely in the forest..yes indeed!
    BAHAHAHA!!!!

lisalouver Guest
    I shamelessly lifted that from him. I use it on my blog once in a while, as well as in conversation.
    I use it too. I'm sure Scott's ok with it.

LMAO! I use it on my website.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

cracksumskullz Guest
    i think scott peterson is a sick person....he could of got a divorce like everyone else...i dont by any of his story...and think hes as guilty as OJ

WendyK Guest

As you do.
    I just got done reading For Laci. I didn't get the whole boy names Sue thing?? What the hell was that suppose to mean?