Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott and Laci Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    I don't think he woke up one day and decided to kill her. I think they got into an awful argument and he lost it and killed her.

Was it just me, or was the best part of that whole trial when Amber Frey had to admit she made it with Scott on their first date--after he charmed her with champagne and strawberries. How original.
    How many date's did you make OJ wait or did he just take it?
    HAHA

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    How many date's did you make OJ wait or did he just take it?
    HAHA
    I was smitten with the spell that is OJ right away. But Scott Peterson is NO OJ, that's for sure!

magblax Guest
    Didn't want to start a whole Scott Peterson thread..But I read in the Globe (so it must be true) http://www.globemagazine.com/. Due to his many homosexual encounters (in prison..and out) and promiscuous life style guardes are on alter that he is an AIDS risk. The thing I found interesting (that I didn't know) is that Scott was recently attacked in the yard by Richard (The Night Stalker) Ramierez with a razor which caused several lacerations in need of stitching...freaking out the guards who were covered in Scott's blood. The arguement alledgly stemmed from Scott's primadonna attitude and accusing Richard of selling him bad crank (meth) which he refused to pay for. Richard made a weapon from razor blades and took action. Noe Scott is fulling recovered and Richard is in solarity. DRAMA!

Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Didn't want to start a whole Scott Peterson thread..But I read in the Globe (so it must be true) http://www.globemagazine.com/. Due to his many homosexual encounters (in prison..and out) and promiscuous life style guardes are on alter that he is an AIDS risk. The thing I found interesting (that I didn't know) is that Scott was recently attacked in the yard by Richard (The Night Stalker) Ramierez with a razor which caused several lacerations in need of stitching...freaking out the guards who were covered in Scott's blood. The arguement alledgly stemmed from Scott's primadonna attitude and accusing Richard of selling him bad crank (meth) which he refused to pay for. Richard made a weapon from razor blades and took action. Noe Scott is fulling recovered and Richard is in solarity. DRAMA!
    isn't the Globe as credible as the Enquirer?

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    isn't the Globe as credible as the Enquirer?
    Yep

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Yes, I put them both on par as for credibility. The Globe has better headlines, though. And they have Ivana Trump in an advice column.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    Yes, I put them both on par as for credibility. The Globe has better headlines, though. And they have Ivana Trump in an advice column.

Sidenote: This issue of the Globe features OJ's kids. They are disguisted and disowning him.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    Sidenote: This issue of the Globe features OJ's kids. They are disguisted and disowning him.
    Sydney turned out kind of hot, too.

I just got my death hag sticker!!! My days as a Laci Peterson paparazzi begin tomorrow!

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
    I hate that point of view to be honest. Thousands of people go missing every year, do you want them to put every single one on national TV? They exploit the most gripping stories, such as a dead mother and her unborn child. Race plays little part in what they choose to broadcast, as long as the story is juicy. This isn't 1950.
    I disagree. If Laci were black and from Compton do you really think there would have been the media frenzy and the public outrage? Stuff like this happens more than you think. Here in Modesto Ca. we just had a woman who got bound and gagged, doused with gas, thrown into a burn pile and set ablaze and left for dead. She lived long enough to walk a half mile down the road to the nearest house to get help and collapsed on the front yard. She died 3 days later. Where is the national media covearge, the public outcry? She was a latina, a lesbian. Not newsworthy I guess.

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 01:35 AM.

Kathyf Guest
    I just got my death hag sticker!!! My days as a Laci Peterson paparazzi begin tomorrow!
    Can't wait to see the pics.

Well the murder I described happened in Laci's town. Modesto Ca. I know what you mean though. It sucks how some murders are viewed more tragic than others because the news media has to make money.

l think the unborn child makes a murder sadder for a lot of people, especially if the woman was close to term.
    look at sharon tate's coverage.
    just an observation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have to agree with Jefestone. Over the years, I too have noticed that when it's a white woman - missing, murdered - all over the news.

When it's a child - white, missing, murdered - all over the news.

When it's a woman or child - black, hispanic or any other "non-white" race - barely (if any at all) news coverage.

That's just life in the big ol' USA...

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    There have been studies, it's called "Damsel in Distress" syndrome and you have to be female, young, white, and pretty. Wealthy doesn't hurt either. But it's not just blacks who get screwed, young white good looking men get no media attention either. It's sad, but news is entertainment now, and stories about Lacy Peterson and Natalee Holloway are what people listen to. It's not a theory, it's a fact.

I told someone very seriously when the Natalee Holloway story broke, "a pretty blonde white girl went missing in Aruba, and someone will have to pay, it's that simple." I honestly thing they ought to just frame some career criminal and throw away the key and be done with it. I think it's clear we'll never know what happened.

sheri Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I hated his smug face throughout the trial. Whenever he was on camera my husband and I would play "caption Scott" or Scott's thought bubble. Usually his face seemed to say, "Did I lock the back door?" or "Hmmm, should I have the turkey club or the BLT."

I also believe that Amber Frey didn't know about Laci when they started up. I was a little suspicious of her when Gloria Allred showed up, but she seemed eager to help the case.
    I thought Scott looked smug as well. And that he did it.

Amber Frey was/is an idiot and a complete numskull, blond bimbo giggly air headed cheerleader type. Gloria Allred is nothing more than a attention seeking media whore who can't stand to be out of the public eye for too long. Just like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

lisalouver Guest
    Lots of interesting opinions here!

I tend to lean towards Jef here with I think he probably did it, but it would not be enough for me to give him the death penalty.

But, that's our justice system and whats done is done.

In regards to the black women not getting press, I do remember one off the top of my head. Cherica Adams, who was shot in a plot to kill her, by her boyfriend, Rae Carruth, a player for the Carolina Panthers (is there a story on here about it, I have not looked) she was pregnant and he did not want the baby. He hired someone to shoot her.

She died. They delivered the baby, however he has brain damage or cerebal palsy from what I remember.

Sad story.

He's in prison now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rae_Carruth

It seems to me that the cases that get a lot of media attention have families that keep it in the news. When you see the parents doing a lot of interviews then you know that they are all over the police or whomever they need to be to keep the case alive. Not saying this is a bad thing but some victims dont have that kind of family that can spend that kind of energy while mourning.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    It seems to me that the cases that get a lot of media attention have families that keep it in the news. When you see the parents doing a lot of interviews then you know that they are all over the police or whomever they need to be to keep the case alive. Not saying this is a bad thing but some victims dont have that kind of family that can spend that kind of energy while mourning.
    Excellent point.

panda Guest
    I agree, a lot of it depends on how persistent the family & friends are about keeping it in the public eye.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Wasn't Laci Peterson a latina?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    Wasn't Laci Peterson a latina?
    I believe she was. Another excellent point!

RaRaRamona Guest
    I agree with this. There was a case where a woman killed her kids & hid them under her sink. It was all over the news. They were black, but the woman's sister was outraged & kept calling the cops & news stations. What about the black Memphis football player who was shot - national news. If the family is giving news conferences & pleading for information or justice there will be coverage. There does also have to be a good story to interest us.

Elizabeth Guest

Question

I know people who knew her. She isnt the glowing angel the media portrays.
    Even if she wasn't a "glowing angel" (and who is, besides me ) she still didn't deserve to die, and certainly not to have her unborn baby die with her, no matter who did it (and I think Scott did)....

What exactly didn't you like about Laci???

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    One word: GUILTY

Noelle Page Guest
    Lacy's real father was never much in the public eye....why?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Lacy's real father was never much in the public eye....why?
    He was too broken up over it all. He didn't have the inner strength to stand there there day after day like Lacy's Mom did and face the press every day.

Some people can hack it - others can't. He obviously loved her tho.

Jaenne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrose35 View Post
    Here is my two cents for what it is worth. My opinion he should not have gotten the death penelty, even though I believe he killed her there was not a confession or a witness in other words there still could be other possiblities. Even though there were just too many coinsedences(sp)? for him not to be guilty.

Scott to me is a person who constantly needs "mothering", from what I've read he was the baby and his family treated him like a little prince. I believe Laci took on this role when she married him, she wore the pants and controlled the life that they had. She wanted a baby and in his mind he thought she couldn't get preganant, I have also read she only had one overy and in his mind she couldn't possibly get pregnant, so he went along with it. When the pregnancy happened he freaked out, his life as he knew it would never be the same, he wouldn't have the freedom to have affairs and money to buy what he wants.They probably fought alot about the baby in the months before she died. A divorce would have still cost him money and his freedom unless he became a dead beat dad. I don't think this was premeditated, I think it was a fight that got out of control about the boat he bought, which in my opinion she know about. It was a soft kill by strangulation or smothering and he disposed of her in the bay. He wasn't counting on all the media hype or that his mistress would even find out about it.
    We are making big assumptions when we think he put a great deal of thought into it. He found someone else, and Laci and the baby were just something to get out of the way. For him, it was as easy as putting the trash at the curb once a week for pick-up. He was not some great criminal mastermind. He made some pretty big mistakes. Heck, he couldn't even manage to fake concern or worry to the police. He acted suspicious from the moment the police met him. Didn't he complain that the officers who were writing the missing person's report were marring the dining room table? He acted more concerned about a piece of furniture than the whereabouts of his pregnant wife.

He had a certain amount of dumb luck on his side, as well as a good measure of bad. He wasn't a rocket scientist. He came across as pretty arrogant and stupid.

Anyone else going to read the book coming out where Scott confesses the whole thing? Sounds like it may be an interesting read.

I guess he's resolved himself to death row and that there's no chance of him getting an appeal.

don't_axe_me Guest
    He automatically gets appeals. That's one reason the death penalty takes so long to carry through.

coreysgirl Guest
    He got screwed in my opinon. Give me a motive. A cause of death. Everything is speculation. I think he did it but I have doubts. Enough doubt to not sentence a man to die.I work 10 minutes from her house. I know people who knew her. She isnt the glowing angel the media portrays. Other pregnant woman have been tossed in the bay in the last few years. No one reports that. Another thing that bugs me is Conner. It was a Fetus. Never born. No birth certificate. Pro lifers will do anything to get their agenda across. If you are gonna punish someone for killing a fetus punish EVERYONE who harms one. If abortion is legal, its not murder, than dont put a charge on someone saying that it is.
    hey jefestone, i've been waiting since 2002 to talk with someone like you. What did you mean by this statement? If you don't mind sharing.....TIA

coreysgirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Anyone else going to read the book coming out where Scott confesses the whole thing? Sounds like it may be an interesting read.

I guess he's resolved himself to death row and that there's no chance of him getting an appeal.
    Hi aries - I've already ordered my copy. Should be getting it tomorrow - I'll let you know how it reads.....I hope alot better than the jurors book...snore....

Quote Originally Posted by coreysgirl View Post
    Hi aries - I've already ordered my copy. Should be getting it tomorrow - I'll let you know how it reads.....I hope alot better than the jurors book...snore....
    Yeah, I skipped that one - I just read the one by Lacy's Mom, Scott's sister and then the other one written by the lawyer gal. All of them were pretty good!

Let me know how it is!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest

What's it called, do you know? This one I'd like to read...should end the controversy, if there is any, about whether he did it or not...

Suzanne30 Guest
    He was too broken up over it all. He didn't have the inner strength to stand there there day after day like Lacy's Mom did and face the press every day.

Some people can hack it - others can't. He obviously loved her tho.
    I agree Aries. I remember seeing Dennis at one of the press conferences (Scott was absent as usual) and he was so emotional, (pleading with whoever took Laci to bring her back) that he almost collapsed. I remember Sharon putting her hand out to him to comfort him. It broke my heart.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    What's it called, do you know? This one I'd like to read...should end the controversy, if there is any, about whether he did it or not...
    The book is titled, "I'm Sorry I Lied To You, The Confession of Scott Peterson".

Personally, I doubt that I'll read it.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    The book is titled, "I'm Sorry I Lied To You, The Confession of Scott Peterson".

Personally, I doubt that I'll read it.
    I know you just said you will not read it, but does he really admit to it, and if he does, how come we are all sitting here still speculating on HOW he did it!!!???

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I know you just said you will not read it, but does he really admit to it, and if he does, how come we are all sitting here still speculating on HOW he did it!!!???
    According to the author, Scott strangled Laci. I don't know if he really confessed to her or not. But I am sceptical of her motives in writing this book. From what I've read from other's who have bought the book, it seems the author is very critical of Sharon, Dennis, and Laci herself.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    According to the author, Scott strangled Laci. I don't know if he really confessed to her or not. But I am sceptical of her motives in writing this book. From what I've read from other's who have bought the book, it seems the author is very critical of Sharon, Dennis, and Laci herself.
    I just checked out a bit about it on the net here and I saw that she said that Scott strangled her in the kitchen, weighed her down and dumped her. Also that he took a gun with him to shoot anyone who got in his way.

The interesting part here is that she claims to have had a relationship with him going back to 1992 and that she was seeing him all throughout his marriage to Laci. She also was known to kiss him (like a real kiss) upon their meetings at San Quentin in 2006.

Sounds a bit fishy to me also.

Noelle Page Guest
    Is this the lawyer lady? I heard her interviewed on the radio, she did not sound....how to say it....young.

lisalouver Guest
    Is this the lawyer lady? I heard her interviewed on the radio, she did not sound....how to say it....young.
    Yes, that is her. She is 45 according to the internet.

Suzanne30 Guest
    Radio interview, scroll down to (12/19)
    http://kfiam640.com/cc-common/podcas...JohnandKen.xml

Noelle Page Guest
    Well, she sounded 65. Like Joy Behar or something.

There were parts of the book it in The Enquirer a couple of weeks ago. It mentioned how Scott spent 30 minutes reading a Playboy magazine while sitting out in his boat with Lacy's body sitting there next to him, just biding his time, waiting until the coast was clear before dumping her body in.

lisalouver Guest
    There were parts of the book it in The Enquirer a couple of weeks ago. It mentioned how Scott spent 30 minutes reading a Playboy magazine while sitting out in his boat with Lacy's body sitting there next to him, just biding his time, waiting until the coast was clear before dumping her body in.
    I just read that part too online.

lisalouver Guest
    Well, she sounded 65. Like Joy Behar or something.
    Like she was a smoker? I dunno who Joy is! Perhaps I should google her.

Noelle Page Guest
    Joy Behar is one of the yentas on the View. Just a grating, older-lady voice. ( I am older than 45, btw, and I still sound like a kid!)

Suzanne30 Guest
    If you want to see what she looks like, here's the author (Donna Thomas) discussing another case.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aRwhomx1bGs