Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott and Laci Peterson

auguststar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardner32 View Post
    Wow, is Scott on this forum from prison????
    LOL! I think I love you!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I lived the Scott Peterson case when it was ongoing. I wasn't even going to jump into this, but I have to add my two cents and give a shameless plug.

*Scott is guilty and was convicted based upon the circumstancial evidence
    *Laci's character or lack thereof is not an issue
    *Mark Geragos is the reason why people hate attorneys
    *Good book on the case written by a friend of mine, Stone Cold Guilty

ok you tell me what happend. oh yeah, you dont know. no one does. not even the police to this day. you know as much as they do.you judge people by what the news media tells you and emotional housewives rants.Three other women have been dumped in that area.I supposed Scott killed them too. For the record I think he might have killed Laci. Who knows. Maybe he paid someone. Maybe.Maybe... Maybe shouldnt send someone to die

fadeathaddict Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    ok you tell me what happend. oh yeah, you dont know. no one does. not even the police to this day. you know as much as they do.you judge people by what the news media tells you and emotional housewives rants.Three other women have been dumped in that area.I supposed Scott killed them too. For the record I think he might have killed Laci. Who knows. Maybe he paid someone. Maybe.Maybe... Maybe shouldnt send someone to die

Amen to that!

Altho I don't foresee Scott frying any time soon. Now if he was in a TEXAS state prison on death row - the family won't have to too long to get that switch pulled!

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Altho I don't foresee Scott frying any time soon. Now if he was in a TEXAS state prison on death row - the family won't have to too long to get that switch pulled!
    Death Row in Texas is like going to a drive threw.

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    LMAO He does run his website through prison though. So you never know.

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    Sadly, he is probably getting another trial and there is som evidence in the defense that they did not have before. He probably will get out, I feel like that is going to happen.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Actually, the Canadian Coaliton Against The Death Penalty sponsors a site for Snott. He sends them messages, presumably through the postal service, but doesn't actively participate. His family also has a website. Death row inmates, as far as I have been able to determine, do not have internet access.

I'm not linking either site, because they are easy to find and really, does he need more press?

jester joker Guest
    Im not going to give details about Laci on this board because emotions run pretty high on the subject.Ill just say she liked to have fun. Some people are ready to canonize her a saint.The media sure helped. That is all.
    So basically, she was a typical girl... I don't think people really believe her to be a saint or anything, but the circumstances tend to not shine light on that aspect of her life.

Layla331 Guest
    I agree on the point that you better be 100% sure of guilt before putting a man to death for sure..and i also agree that no ones an angel and she was human...but as far as conner being a fetus and the pro lifers etc...when a child can survive out of the mothers body its no longer considered a fetus but a baby..with or without a birth certificate or being technically born..thats why it can be considered 2 murders because the baby if it had been born that day could have easily lived..if the life isnt sustainable then its considered a fetus ..not debating just putting it out there..my brother is a lawyer and acutally sadly just went through this in Pittsburgh...

Quote Originally Posted by fadeathaddict View Post
    My thoughts exactly...yep he probably did it...but in this country it has to be reasonable doubt....and there IS reasonable doubt
    Is there reasonable doubt that he did it, or is there reasonable doubt how he did it?

I'm not a lawyer, so if someone is, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think the prosecution only has to convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it, not the method in which he did it.
    --john

fadeathaddict Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoid2k View Post
    Is there reasonable doubt that he did it, or is there reasonable doubt how he did it?

I'm not a lawyer, so if someone is, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think the prosecution only has to convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it, not the method in which he did it.

You are exactly right...they only have to convince the jury he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it...sorry... my response was sort of vague....my point was i think there is doubt that he did it...don't get me wrong, in my heart of hearts i do think he is guilty...however from a legal standpoint (i am no lawyer mind you lol) my personal opinion is that there was not enough evidence to convict, much less sentence him to death...JMO...Carol

ajurk Guest
    i really thought that he was going to get off. i mean, i think he did it, but if i was a juror, i could not say that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. there was more evidence against oj then they had on peterson. i think there is a chance that his sentence will be over turned. after years go by and there is no media hype about it like there used to be, he would have a good chance being exonherated.
    plus, as far as why he did it and not just get a divorce, i think this guy had some type of mental illness. hearing stories about his behaviors on tv and what not show the guy just wasnt right.

GEAUX LSU Guest
    well i hope they make scott rot in jail till he dies on his own. He's going to hell anyway so he will get it twice. he's going to see lacy again (not in hell) but the
    Good Lord is gonna let lacy forgive him and then he's gonna drop in hell.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    i think this is a really sad story..

kafenervosa Guest
    I don't see the point in saying Laci was no angel. What difference does it make? From what I've read, Nicole Brown Simpson was no angel either, but did that give anybody the right to kill her?

Katie Guest
    I always love it when people talk about babies, before they are born. Is it or isn't it? Is it what? A side by side refrigerator? No it's a baby.

That's like baking a cake. You see it before it's done, you don't say "Hey look, I made pudding" You know it will be a cake, as soon as it's done.

As far as Scott is concerned. I say take him off death row, and put him in the general population. They don't have bleeding hearts there, they bleed your heart.

cachluv Guest
    I'm not sure how someone can think Peterson is guilty but still say he got screwed by the verdict.....a-a-a-ny ho..........

I think he strangled her, knowing there would later be no evidence of this. I think he weighted and dumped her in a place he frequented as to cash in on that ego boost every time he went there for the rest of his life. I think he tied the weights around her neck, arms and legs tightly with ropes in knowledge that the decomposition would help the tight ropes eventually separate those from the rest of her body. Many murderers seek to get rid of anything that would provide i.d. for the dead person---teeth, jaws or the whole head, hands (for size, marks, etc), feet (same: size, marks, etc.) I don't recall whether forensics were able to determine whether she was already dead when she hit the water, for his own comfort I assume he would make sure of this but then again he may not have cared that deeply. I think he killed her and set the body up so that the water would take care of the rest.
    I DON'T think he ever thought she nor the baby would surface.

Death is too good for this psychopath.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I always love it when people talk about babies, before they are born. Is it or isn't it? Is it what? A side by side refrigerator? No it's a baby.

That's like baking a cake. You see it before it's done, you don't say "Hey look, I made pudding" You know it will be a cake, as soon as it's done.

As far as Scott is concerned. I say take him off death row, and put him in the general population. They don't have bleeding hearts there, they bleed your heart.
    If nothing else...at 26 weeks gestation, the baby becomes "viable" and considered able to support itself outside the womb...thats when it legally changes from a fetus to a baby....
    (I just hit 26 weeks thursday!! YAY!!)

GEAUX LSU Guest
    congrats secretsquirrel....no matter how he killed her he needs to suffer for the rest of his life

knibo Guest

Scott Peterson

Like many of lifes mysteries, a selected number of people (in this instance, Scott and Laci) know the exact truth of what happened, and while different points of view come to light (Amber Frey, Scotts sister, etc.) the truth/reality lies somewhere in between and only the original principles know what happened.

While the whole situation can be argued as messed up from any angle, there is a website that says, basically, that Scott was too stupid to do it. I think it is 'Scott is innocent', or something like that. This is not the stance I advocate, I don't have an opinion one way or another, however it does bring up some interesting questions.

Do I think the police were tunnelling in on Scott? Yes. Were they wrong to? I dunno. Statistically, they were right to do so. While drowning her in the pool would explain the lack of biologicals (unaccountable blood/body fluids) in the home, it doesn't explain the clothing questions, and other things, like lifting 'dead' (sorry, I don't have another word for it), wet weight out of a body of water. Not that it isn't possible, but I (a woman) wouldn't be able to do it, and I don't think my husband could do it either. But I guess if he was at the edge of the pool, while she was on a floatie thingy, he would have leverage on his side, I digress~

The PROBABILITY that he killed her is fairly high, I mean, think about pregnant women, especially in that stage of gestation, overall they don't knowingly/willingly put themselves in overtly dangerous situations. (There are exceptions to the rule, but I am generally speaking here.) They don't knowingly/willingly put their unborn baby at risk. (Again, exceptions and generalizations). Considering the stage of pregnancy she was at, she would have been heavy into the "nesting" phase, and not necessarily making unsafe personal safety decisions. She would have called everyone and their brother to tell them she was walking to the mailbox and back, not that she wasn't capable of doing it alone, its just a pregnancy thing.

As far as fair press coverage, it depends on the rest of the newsday. Slow = run with what you can find (i.e. - Laci); hectic = cover the most important.

As a parent, I can respect Scotts mom in her love for her son. As horrific a circumstance as it is, what is she supposed to do? Disown him? Publicly chastise him? Run him out of town on a rail? Any reaction she had would have caused public debate and have been considered to be 'wrong'. She gave birth to him, she raised him, she loved/loves him. She's his mom, Dudes.

Sorry to be longwinded, but emotions aside, there are some things that simply don't make sense from ALL sides.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I'd somehow missed taking part in this discussion....not that I have anything really new or important to add per se. I'm not a fan of capital punishment, since I think that life without parole is a much harsher fate than being put out of everyone's misery. Doubtful that there will ever be any proof of how the murder took place.

What I DO find very troubling is that there seems to be a trend of preferential press following the abductions or murders of young caucasion women in the U.S., does anyone else think that is wrong?

I also liken this phenomenon to the HIV/AIDS issues.....If straight white women were those most prone to infection, opportunistic infections & death....I wonder where we'd be in terms of research, treatment & cure.

Sorry....I'll step off of my soapbox~ Peace, Dennis

Mrs. Watson Guest
    If you're not a pretty white woman and go missing, it's not news, it seems. Perfect example: Raven Jeffries. A biracial little girl from a bad area of Detroit who went missing and was found several miles away, burned beyond recognition. Still unsolved well over a year later and very very little media coverage.

Irishlass Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mommafreak View Post
    I had no idea that her head was missing. I wrote to someone who was mailing out pink ribbons for Laci and I've got one pinned to my wall her in my office. I feel for her family, for her and for her baby. Scott? I won't even waste my breath on words for him. I say, throw him in with gen population, he'll die yes, but he will have to stand before his creator and give an account for his actions. I'm not sure what's going to be worse, Gen Population or Hell? At least in gen-pop, it will eventually end, hell is eternity. I guess I just answered my own question. I think Amber is guilty too in some degree

I think she is quilty of being a gulliable idiot

Irishlass Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ajurk View Post
    i really thought that he was going to get off. i mean, i think he did it, but if i was a juror, i could not say that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. there was more evidence against oj then they had on peterson. i think there is a chance that his sentence will be over turned. after years go by and there is no media hype about it like there used to be, he would have a good chance being exonherated.
    plus, as far as why he did it and not just get a divorce, i think this guy had some type of mental illness. hearing stories about his behaviors on tv and what not show the guy just wasnt right.

wasnt he diagnosed as sociopath? if not he should be

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I'm not sure how someone can think Peterson is guilty but still say he got screwed by the verdict.....a-a-a-ny ho..........

I think he strangled her, knowing there would later be no evidence of this. I think he weighted and dumped her in a place he frequented as to cash in on that ego boost every time he went there for the rest of his life. I think he tied the weights around her neck, arms and legs tightly with ropes in knowledge that the decomposition would help the tight ropes eventually separate those from the rest of her body. Many murderers seek to get rid of anything that would provide i.d. for the dead person---teeth, jaws or the whole head, hands (for size, marks, etc), feet (same: size, marks, etc.) I don't recall whether forensics were able to determine whether she was already dead when she hit the water, for his own comfort I assume he would make sure of this but then again he may not have cared that deeply. I think he killed her and set the body up so that the water would take care of the rest.
    I DON'T think he ever thought she nor the baby would surface.

Death is too good for this psychopath.
    How many times did you say I think in this post? Or I assume? You have to know.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    If you're not a pretty white woman and go missing, it's not news, it seems. Perfect example: Raven Jeffries. A biracial little girl from a bad area of Detroit who went missing and was found several miles away, burned beyond recognition. Still unsolved well over a year later and very very little media coverage.
    Excellent example of my point, Mrs. Watson! I'm not saying that there is not reason to suspect the spouse in most, if not all spousal mysterious disappearances/deaths.....just seems like if Laci, Chandra, & Natalee had been from poor minority backgrounds NONE of us would have heard anything about them on national news.

surfca2 Guest
    I, too, have a hard time accepting a death sentence in this case. Yes he probably did it, although the only evidence that was hard to explain was the location of the remains and Peterson's fishing trip. That was pretty much it.

As for all the comments that his actions of dying his hair, having cash, and a suitcase or 2 in his car mean absolutely nothing.

He was being hounded day and night by loud speaker in front of his house by several different shock radio types. Of course he's going to want to get away from there and hide from the press and hype. So changing his appearance isn't that unusual. He had a wad of cash. Well what did they expect him to do..use his American Express Card with his NAME on it?

They made a big deal out of being "so close to the border" when he was caught. He was 30 miles from Mexico and was in the Torrey Pines Golf Course parking area. ( near my home) His parents lived in San Diego as well.

They then made a big deal out of the fact that he didn't appear upset enough. Well since he was poking other women, I hardly think he was madly in love with Laci any longer.

As I said he is a jerk and is probably guilty, but I don't believe this should have been a death penalty case. Save death for the cases where there is an abundance of evidence. Surhan-Surnan, Dahmer, Ramirez. Hell they don't even have a cause of death in this case and no physical evidence to speak of.

It wouldn't surprise me if his death sentence eventually gets overturned and converted to life without parole.

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kafenervosa View Post
    I don't see the point in saying Laci was no angel. What difference does it make? From what I've read, Nicole Brown Simpson was no angel either, but did that give anybody the right to kill her?
    True! Especially the way that the two of them died...

Katie Guest
    I don't know that it matters if he is on death row or not. It takes years and years for someone to be put to death, and no one wants him out do they?

pinkrose35 Guest
    Here is my two cents for what it is worth. My opinion he should not have gotten the death penelty, even though I believe he killed her there was not a confession or a witness in other words there still could be other possiblities. Even though there were just too many coinsedences(sp)? for him not to be guilty.

Scott to me is a person who constantly needs "mothering", from what I've read he was the baby and his family treated him like a little prince. I believe Laci took on this role when she married him, she wore the pants and controlled the life that they had. She wanted a baby and in his mind he thought she couldn't get preganant, I have also read she only had one overy and in his mind she couldn't possibly get pregnant, so he went along with it. When the pregnancy happened he freaked out, his life as he knew it would never be the same, he wouldn't have the freedom to have affairs and money to buy what he wants.They probably fought alot about the baby in the months before she died. A divorce would have still cost him money and his freedom unless he became a dead beat dad. I don't think this was premeditated, I think it was a fight that got out of control about the boat he bought, which in my opinion she know about. It was a soft kill by strangulation or smothering and he disposed of her in the bay. He wasn't counting on all the media hype or that his mistress would even find out about it.

The selfish bastard thought his lifestyle was more important than the life of his wife and baby. In California the death penalty is almost a moot point, since you have a better chance of dying of natural causes on death row than of getting executed. Whatever happens to him, really doesn't matter. The life he loved and killed to protect is over.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    He struck me as a deadbeat who would have just divorced her and never pay child support and just abandon her. I never bought he killed her to evade child support payments and be with Amber. I think they got into an awful fight and he either killed her by mistake or in a fit of rage.

Yeah, I agree - for him to be sitting in that little cell without his phone, car, money and no access to unsuspecting/naive women to have sex with and fuck with their heads - is good punishment for a loser like him.

But he still needs to fry - altho I'll probably be a little old lady by the time that ever happens - if ever.

star82 Guest
    Did they name sharon tates baby?

His name was going to be Paul Richard

Lobsters Guest
    It doesn't really matter if he's sentenced to death or not. CA is so slow with their executions that he will die in prison before they execute any way.

He's lucky as hell he wasn't living in Texas.

I see dead people Guest
    Sadly you go to foxnews, cnn or other news websites, there are many other Scott Peterson's out there. Madders of the heart make people do some stupid shit!

An appellate court Wednesday said $250,000 from a life insurance policy on Laci Peterson should go to her mother

Scott Peterson will not be able to use his murdered wife's insurance policy to pay for his death penalty appeal, according to a decision by a California appeals court

MoJo67 Guest
    [quote=Aries65;10672]
    Personally, based on Scott's sister's book (33 Reasons Why my Brother is Guilty), she had a pretty good idea as to how he may have done it - drowned her in the backyard swimming pool.

No blood, no mess. And she wrote in her book when Scott was living with her before he got arrested, how he'd made a couple of trips up to the Modesto house to clean the pool a few times.

I think he did tie a couple of those cement anchors to her - one around her neck (which is why her head came loose and missing - from the weight, possibly and snapping off as her body detiorated in the salt water) and another one around her ankles (why her legs were missing also).

We may never know the real story, since Scott is a smug a-hole who will go to his grave thinking he did nothing wrong and not having anything to admit to, along with his in-denial mother, Jackie who thinks her "golden boy" did no wrong. [ quote]

Aries, I read that book too, and I agree with all you said. He is such a creep. Also, whether or not Laci was "the angel everyone thought she was", she didn't deserve that.
    Last edited by MoJo67; 11-03-2007 at 01:18 PM.

We've had two similar cases here in Chicago in the past 6 months. Lisa Stebic supposedly left her house in April to "work out," and was never seen again. Stacy Peterson, the 23 year old wife of a local cop, left her house to help a relative paint their new house/apartment and was never seen again. The husband claims she called him that night saying she was okay and wouldn't be coming home for a while. Something like that (sorry i don't have my story completely straight).

I guess my question is, how do these women just disappear??? The searches locally have been exhaustive, and the husbands just seem so... I don't know, smarmy and guilty.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Chirock, I just read today the Lisa Stebic's kids testified before the grand jury. Her husband is definately hinky, there.

The cop, well, his last wife (the 3rd) drowned in a bathtub with no water in after she took out a PPO on him and her death was just reclassified from "accidental" to "inconclusive". Sadly, not much mystery as to what happened to Stacy, either.

Agreed, Mrs. Watson. I just wonder why they can't find them? Just to bring a sense of closure to their families. Its really shocking to be driving on I-55 and see the Lisa Stebic sign (could have been I-88). I heard that the Peterson guy was in court today.

Chascsq Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    I know that is Washington State if you miscarry a 5 month "fetus" a birth and a death certificate is issued and you can have a funeral, not sure about California...but if her life was taken while so close to delivery Conner was indeed a viable life that was also taken...I hear you on the abortion issue...I wouldn't have one but believe in a womans right to choose...THE WOMAN'S right...not a man's..most women who choose abortion do so within the first 3 months of pregnancy if not sooner...it was pretty obvious Lacey wanted her child and pretty obvious by all accounts that he didn't...I believe he is as guilty as sin...I don't think Amber had anything to do with the disappearance or the murder...and will he ever really get the death penalty? not if Cali doesn't get off it's rump and start executing A HOLES like Richard Rimerez or Richard Allen Davis first!
    I live in California, and have been through this before because my sister had a stillbirth in her 7th month last year...he was issued a birth, and fetal/infant death cert, but no SS number, and we had to provide funeral and burial.

As for the topic on hand I think Scott is guilty, and I really think Amber was innocent because if she had a part in this Scott would of mentioned it in those phone calls (Since he was stupid enough to not realise he was being taped), and he would of surely given her up for a plea deal.

I also feel Connor was murdered. It's pretty clear he was intended to be born.

bluebear71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JensJeep View Post
    Don't even get me started about Scott Peterson...there are no words that can describe that piece of %$@#!

There is no doubt he killed Lacy AND Connor. It's just too much of a coincidence that he was in the bay "fishing" and their bodies washed up just a little way from where he was. Especially when they lived in Modesto.

Then...when he went to San Diego, changed his identity and had serious survival gear, what does that tell you?

RIP Lacy and Connor

*Sorry..newbie rant off*
    I agree, there are just too many coincidences for him to be innocent.

Laci Peterson/Scott Peterson

I don't know why, but her death has always sorta struck a chord with me.

I also have heard people say Scott is innocent, and maybe it is just circumstantial, but I just cannot believe that he is innocent.

He is such a cold fish to me. I keep trying to find about his early childhood, because I just can't imagine one day he got bored and decided to kill his wife.

I really think there was probably early signs like killing cats in secret or something. He reminds me of serial killers like John Wayne Gacy who led double lives.

Ok rambled enough...any thoughts?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnagg123 View Post
    I don't know why, but her death has always sorta struck a chord with me.

I also have heard people say Scott is innocent, and maybe it is just circumstantial, but I just cannot believe that he is innocent.

He is such a cold fish to me. I keep trying to find about his early childhood, because I just can't imagine one day he got bored and decided to kill his wife.

I really think there was probably early signs like killing cats in secret or something. He reminds me of serial killers like John Wayne Gacy who led double lives.

Ok rambled enough...any thoughts?
    well there was this girl he dated in college that ended up mysteriously DEAD? who knows? I think he is as guilty as sin...cold fish is an understatement with this guy but then again he makes this Drew Peterson in the Stacy Peterson disappearance look like a total coldblooded monster! at least with Scott Peterson he was able to turn the tears on during interviews!!! I have my theories about what happened to Laci and how he exactly went about it...maybe someday he'll just fess up and stop wasting everyones time including his own family...I think he killed her for one specific reason...he didn't want a family life...he knew with a baby that his lifestyle would change dramatically and that the baby would take center stage...I think it had little if anything to do with "being with" Amber Frye as much as it had to do with his own image of himself...narcissism will do that to a person.

There is a whole HUGE thread on the Petersons already...

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I don't think he woke up one day and decided to kill her. I think they got into an awful argument and he lost it and killed her.

Was it just me, or was the best part of that whole trial when Amber Frey had to admit she made it with Scott on their first date--after he charmed her with champagne and strawberries. How original.