Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mindy McCready

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    because an innocent dog is a harmless, innocent bystander. If the dog had depression too, fine but we will never know since dogs can't talk so they stand around being helpless animals. Honestly I'm more sad for the kids than the damn dog but still..... that makes it twice the tragedy. And on top of that it was the dead BF's dog
    oh i agree, im just saying that she probably felt having the dog dead instead of being put through the trauma was better. this whole thing is upsetting. i didnt really know her but i do remember her on celebrity rehab. i heard a few things in the past i was hoping she would turn her life around for the better.

cameralady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    I feel for her kids, but this isn't a surprise. i just figured she would od.
    Co-signed.

Roger Clemens had an affair with her while he was still married and she was still a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by eyelovelefteye View Post
    Her house is like an hour away from me. I may go leave candles on her porch, if I do, do yall want pictures?
    It goes without saying. We always want pictures.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I'd rather see the death photo of Mindy and the dog on the porch...but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I'd rather see the death photo of Mindy and the dog on the porch...but that's just me.
    Spoken like a true death hag Aries.

Me too. But I would be pretty happy with porch and mailbox.
    Cindy

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Surveillance video too, if you can get it. In this day and age, if there aren't any pictures, it didn't happen.

Bayou Queen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Anybody know if she had any type of legal contract in place that would allow the child to go to someone else, such as a godparent? Legal contracts override biology if they exist.
    I thought at some point Mindy's Mother had legal guardianship of these children. I haven't heard anything about the Mother since Mindy's death.

RebelRocker Guest
    vivid is going to pull their movie of her.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/19/mindy-...suicide-vivid/

That's a horrible URL. Sex tape and suicide just seems extreme when taken out of context.

radiojane Guest
    I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why everyone knew who she was... She hasn't been relevant in music in years. But I missed the whole "celebrity rehab" thing.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    do you have a link to this information?
    E Online from Feb 17. Google it. I can't link from here.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why everyone knew who she was... She hasn't been relevant in music in years. But I missed the whole "celebrity rehab" thing.
    I think she made it big in the country music industry in 1996 & I think even MADTV spoofed her a few times if I am wrong please correct me someone. Youtube would have taken those funny skits down now though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh i agree, im just saying that she probably felt having the dog dead instead of being put through the trauma was better. this whole thing is upsetting. i didnt really know her but i do remember her on celebrity rehab. i heard a few things in the past i was hoping she would turn her life around for the better.
    yeah and on top of that if she shot her damn dog hell she could have shot her baby! had the baby been there. Just adds to the traumatic mess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    E Online from Feb 17. Google it. I can't link from here.
    found it thanks. i was under the impression they were already in care of someone else before she killed herself.

endsleigh03 Guest
    found it thanks. i was under the impression they were already in care of someone else before she killed herself.
    I think it said she gave them up voluntarily after her dad got it to court.

I went into the records here (perfectly legal) and looked up her and her brothers.
    Nothing much there except for the 2008 conflict with her mom over the oldest child.

Bunnygirl12 Guest
    I read on a blind item that this was a tragedy averted as she apparently had told a close friend that if she couldn't have the kids then nobody else could either. Pure gossip, of course...but did make me glad she didn't have her poor kiddo's when she did this.

lisagr Guest
    The Sheriff has said that she was never a suspect in her boyfriend's death.He also stated that she never changed her story about his death.
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/19/mindy-...ff-marty-moss/

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    That's what I was thinking, too. I don't feel as sorry for her as I did. Sorry. But, fucking gah. Go if you must--I understand that--but don't take another being with you.
    I totally agree Cindy. Any sympathy I have for someone greatly diminishes if they kill an innocent person, child, or animal... It takes a certain level of evilness to kill what was supposed to be the family pet.

lynn wilson Guest
    I don't agree with suicide or killing anyone or pet....but the dog may have been depressed if it was his dog and he was gone...I know when my husband went from 40 to 60 hrs aweek for a few weeks our dog went into depression...everytime he heard a car ran to door moped around looking pathetic.. so maybe in her mind she was taking the dog to him

I do understand depression also Feb 8th was the one year anniversary of losing my dad...this was the first Christmas with out him and Jan 22nd was his birthday...I went into a deep depression and am just now coming out of it..but i never thought of ending it..i have my Faith and prayed alot cried alot ..and have a wonderfull husband that can make me laugh alot

I don't understand people who aren't sympathetic towards suicide. It's not like people just randomly decide to end their lives on a beautiful sunny day. I am not pro-suicide but I have been there and it's not easy. I have more sympathy.

Mindy killing his dog was symbolic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harlequin_clown Guest
    I don't understand people who aren't sympathetic towards suicide. It's not like people just randomly decide to end their lives on a beautiful sunny day. I am not pro-suicide but I have been there and it's not easy. I have more sympathy.

I don't understand it either. Depression is CRIPPLING, and some days are so dark and hopeless, you just can't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously some worse than others. I won't hijack this thread, but I do know a thing or 2 of this road, having been suffering severe clinical depression for over 10 years, some days just getting out of bed is an act of God.

My heart truly breaks for her, and I really hope she finally has that peace she had been desperately looking for.

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequin_clown View Post
    I don't understand it either. Depression is CRIPPLING, and some days are so dark and hopeless, you just can't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously some worse than others. I won't hijack this thread, but I do know a thing or 2 of this road, having been suffering severe clinical depression for over 10 years, some days just getting out of bed is an act of God.

My heart truly breaks for her, and I really hope she finally has that peace she had been desperately looking for.
    I agree with Harlequin and pyt, and it never occurred to me to think less of her for having first shot the dog. I, too, suffer from depression, and I think that if I were to reach the point that I was ready to let go, I'd want my dogs with me-they'd be one of those things I wouldn't want to leave behind or escape from. Maybe that's selfish, but if depression could be cured with words, none of us would suffer from it. I can't judge her more harshly because I happen to love dogs, and I won't assume that she would have killed the kids if she'd had them. Maybe if they'd been with her, she would have decided to soldier on another day. She suffered enough from the judgements (real or imagined) that were heaped on her so I don't thinks it's fair to add to that now that she's gone. I, too, hope she's found peace.

Best statement in this thread. Been there done that too.

And CRIPPLING is an understatement.......it is so hard for me sometimes I can barely function. Nice to see an understanding perspective on this topic. :-)

thank you everyone. I know I don't want to overload Mindy McCready's thread with depression but I wanted to make that clear- people can be so unsympathetic. Those people are not looking at the whole picture. Not only is depression crippling but its numbing. Sometimes I literally could cut myself and I would not feel any pain at all.

Thank you everyone. We digress.....

PS I do not think any less of her either for the dog... it was symbolic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thank you everyone. I know I don't want to overload Mindy McCready's thread with depression but I wanted to make that clear- people can be so unsympathetic. Those people are not looking at the whole picture. Not only is depression crippling but its numbing. Sometimes I literally could cut myself and I would not feel any pain at all.

Thank you everyone. We digress.....

PS I do not think any less of her either for the dog... it was symbolic!
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I agree with you all. Severely depressed people, possibly even more with chemical dependency issues, are not in their right mind. I've been through both, and the combination of the two is HARD. I have stated before that it's a way to end the pain, much like taking an aspirin for a headache. It's definitely not the right way and as they say a permanent solution to a temporary problem, but that's not how it is when you are in the situation.

AussieBec Guest
    I agree with everyone who has said they don't think any less of her because she shot the dog,My brother had depression and it was amaing how quick his mind would just snap.In all honesty we have no idea what was going on in her head,She may have planned this and then again she may not have.

I hope she has found the peace she must've wanted because i think it's so sad that she had so many demons that she couldn't get past it for her kids

RebelRocker Guest
    while we dont know what was going through her mind, i did say she killed the dog because she didnt want it to be left alone.

http://perezhilton.com/teddyhilton/2...e#.USQ1s44Qq0I

I am sympathetic in dealing with suicide....but her killing the dog....just set me off. like she was more concerned with the dog than the kids.
    my DH suffers with depression....I have had it in the past....it is crippling, and you don't think straight.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Or it could've been schock. Remember, she was a suicidal addict and a public figure with avery fucked up life. Expecting her to act rationally during some interview is I think expecting the impossible.
    You may very well be right, shock can certainly cause you to act anything but rational. I'm only going by what I've read according to the police statements made to People magazine. It may very well be that there is nothing to it...

Mindy McCready already under police scrutiny?

When Mindy McCready talked to police in recent weeks, her account of how her boyfriend came to be found with a fatal gunshot wound to the head concerned police, a law enforcement source tells PEOPLE.

"At first, she said she hadn't heard the gunshot because the TV was too loud. Then she said she had heard the gunshot," the source says. "So obviously there were a lot of questions, and the Sheriff was asking for clarification."

But before investigators could re-interview her, the long-troubled country singer also would die under eerily similar circumstances, her body discovered at the same Heber Springs, Ark., house just feet away from where David Wilson died.

McCready's death was blamed on what "appears to be a single self-inflicted gunshot wound," the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

This differed from how the sheriff characterized Wilson's case. His cause and manner of death still have not been established by the coroner. It was McCready's publicist, and not a law enforcement official, who announced that Wilson had died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

After Wilson's death, McCready, 37, spoke to investigators three times, but they didn't feel as if they were through with her.

"At no point did [police] tell her she was a suspect, and she wasn't officially one," says the source. "But she knew that some of her answers didn't stand up to questioning. She was very cooperative, but she just wasn't making a lot of sense."
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Hey Bawb, please check out forum rule 7 before posting anymore articles. Hit the FAQ link at the top of the page and then the link to the rules there. Nick's a bit of a stickler about that one as our (to us) minor violations could get Scott sued. And none of us wants that to happen, now do we.

Carry on with the Mindy McCreadyness, folks.

NewYorkDoll Guest

+1

sunshine74137 Guest
    Okay, the dog thing, bugs me. But as far as depression and suicide, I do have empathy. I've never had severe depression, but this is how I see it. It's not something one can control, it's an illness. If someone had cancer and was in great pain I wouldn't fault them for wanting to end it, the same for depression, I could understand how one might want to end their long ongoing pain. I would hope they could find a better way, but I can understand when there's no light in your tunnel, wanting to escape. It's so damaging for those left behind, but if your that depressed, you are probably in that "theyre better off without me" place.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    I agree, but man...people are being complete hateful douche canoes about it on Twitter and comment sections. I know people love their animals, but seriously, the whole thing is a tragedy. I'm more hurt for her children than her dog.
    Some people like animals more than kids. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend...

I read about this. I only knew she was a country singer. I didn't know anything about her. I'm not a fan of country music so I don't keep up. How very sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MunstersBabe Guest
    Nope. I want to see them too!

radiojane Guest
    I think she made it big in the country music industry in 1996 & I think even MADTV spoofed her a few times if I am wrong please correct me someone. Youtube would have taken those funny skits down now though.
    I knew her music. I'm just not used to anyone else knowing the music I listened to.

Mammy Guest
    I like her music, especially "You'll Never Know" and "Maybe He'll Notice Her Now." I had forgotten about her dating Dean Cain at one time. I can't look at him without thinking of Scott Peterson since Dean Cain portrayed Scott in a made for tv movie. I'm the same way with Mark Harmon since he portrayed Ted Bundy.

radiojane Guest
    I missed the Dean Cain connection. I can remember when "Guys do it all the time" was on the radio CONSTANTLY.

Mammy Guest
    I think she was with him during the peak of her popularity. They made a pretty cute couple. "Guys Do It All The Time" was probably my least favorite of her songs.

lisalouver Guest
    Fuck her for killing the dog.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but its how I feel.

Elizabeth Guest
    "Ten Thousand Angels" was also one of my favorite of hers....

I feel very badly for Mindy....she was damaged for a long time, and it seemed like she went off the rails when her boyfriend died.....

People are talking about Mindy as if she were thinking clearly, which she was not....she had addiction and mental health problems, and then when her boyfriend died, it probably triggered both issues, and when her kids were put in foster care, and then she was committed to rehab and left early, I had a very bad feeling this would not end well.....

RIP Mindy....you will be missed.....

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    It's not that unusual actually. Some people want the pet to go with them to....wherever and others just do it just because. Suicide isn't a totally rational act so it stands to reason that the other things the person may do leading up to the event doesn't make a whole lotta sense to anyone but them.

I agree. And you know, I think people who take their children with them, they do it because... okay well maybe they don't have the courage to do themself, and they do who they love so they kind of have no choice. I mean, all their kids are dead (and they'll be charged) so you know... it's over.
    Just a theory.
    Wanted to add that a broken heart is kind of an underrated thing... I mean, recently I had the chance to figure that out. It had been over a decade (two, but who's counting) since I'd experienced that...
    And it kicked my ass.
    Just sayin'....
    No "what REALLY happened" necessary... a broken heart, maybe or not self-medicated... oh yeah, that's a self shooting.
    If you're so inclined, I mean.
    I wasn't, but God it felt like I was dying. I'm so serious.
    Okay, sorry for the threadjack, just was -- well, saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Mammy Guest
    An article from this week's People magazine.

http://www.people.com/people/article...675310,00.html

Bayou Queen Guest
    that is a little narrow-minded forgive me, to say psychiatrists are supposed to help "fix" people- yes but no 100% & some people are a bit less treatable. Some are more messed up than others. Depression varies to person. Please forgive me but I just can't stand little remarks that are so narrow minded. Please don't get upset I am only venting here.

And this just revealed : She was working on a anti-suicide video

http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/mind...-1735809.story

Thank you PYT for everything you said regarding depression and how devastating it is to be in that deep dark hole and feeling hopeless, it was also very courageous of you to share about yourself. I have dealt with my own issues with depression and there have been times when physical pain seemed much easier to endure. We are all Death Hags here and we do have that odd curiously about death but I would also like to think that most of us here find no joy in other peoples pain. What a sad story of such a tormented young woman, and I truly hope she is at peace. Her pain must have been unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    I agree with Harlequin and pyt, and it never occurred to me to think less of her for having first shot the dog. I, too, suffer from depression, and I think that if I were to reach the point that I was ready to let go, I'd want my dogs with me-they'd be one of those things I wouldn't want to leave behind or escape from. Maybe that's selfish, but if depression could be cured with words, none of us would suffer from it. I can't judge her more harshly because I happen to love dogs, and I won't assume that she would have killed the kids if she'd had them. Maybe if they'd been with her, she would have decided to soldier on another day. She suffered enough from the judgements (real or imagined) that were heaped on her so I don't thinks it's fair to add to that now that she's gone. I, too, hope she's found peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    ITA with everything in all the above posts and very much hope that Mindy is now at peace. What a horrible tragedy all the way around.....I've thought about her A LOT and as Rosebud so eloquently stated regarding the crippling effects of depression, I too have "Been there done that too".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    Thank you PYT for everything you said regarding depression and how devastating it is to be in that deep dark hole and feeling hopeless, it was also very courageous of you to share about yourself. I have dealt with my own issues with depression and there have been times when physical pain seemed much easier to endure. We are all Death Hags here and we do have that odd curiously about death but I would also like to think that most of us here find no joy in other peoples pain. What a sad story of such a tormented young woman, and I truly hope she is at peace. Her pain must have been unbearable.
    Wonderful and loving post Bayou Queen......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

NOVSTORM Guest
    I think she was afraid the dog would go to her mother and she didnt want her mother anywhere near her, her kids, or her dog. MIndy has had problerms all her life., SHe turned to an older man at 15 and her dad was no gem and her mother was a real pain in the ass according to Mindy. She tried to kill herself several times. Her suicide attempts started when she was very young so there had to be something going on within the family for her to do this. Her father and step mother were staying at her home and the day after they turned her in for sleeping all day and drinking all night the courts of course just took their word for it , they grabbed her kids away and when they found her a day later there was rotten food all over the house and dog shit so I guess her lovely father and step mother just stayed there and never helped lift a finger? I think she had had her fill of life. Her mother kept trying to get her kids, her father stopped by long enough to get her kids taken away, her fiance killed himself and I guess the last month of her life was about all she could take. This would be enough for a stable person to think suicide was the way to go and I can see why she did it.Her mother now want custody of both of her kids and doesn;t want the father of the oldest to have hos own child. He has straigtened out and I think maybe her mother should gracefully bail out and leave him alone, after all she sure didnt give MIndy what she seemed to need in her life why let her go after those little kids again?