Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Cam - Watching The Babies Grow

endsleigh03 Guest

Eagle Cam - Watching The Babies Grow

Named Honor and Hope, they'll be in the nest til April. They have had 10 million views so far.

They are learning to self-feed and to walk around the nest on their big yellow feet. Or clomp like Herman Munster is more like it. Adorable.

http://dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

Mom or Dad eagle just flew in and removed part of a dead fish from the nest. Interesting to watch.

They are funny looking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I think they eat more than I do. I guess it's mostly all fish though so whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

How cool. I used to watch all kinds of live cams years ago. (Not those kind. Get your mind out of the gutter) A lot of them are gone now. I really liked the ghost cams. Africam was really cool but someone said you have to pay to watch it now?

Shot I snagged. Such cool birds. I never knew eagles panted. Attachment 45278
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I never knew they panted either. Mom or Dad just brought in a fish but decided to take it and leave. Baby is eating on another fish. In our area, they build their nests in a remote areas around a large lake, I can't get over the traffic in the background but I guess they are comfortable there. I love this.

Pryncis Guest
    Awwww! They are sleeping!!!

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    Awwww! They are sleeping!!!
    I know...they're so cute!

AussieBec Guest
    Aww wow how cool is this..Will have to show my daughter when she wakes up

I wonder why one of them gets to take up the whole nest while the other one has to sleep by the edge. Looks like he/she is pretty close to falling out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

endsleigh03 Guest
    A woman I used to work for looked exactly like these baby birds.

Mom built the rails up a short while ago... I hope nobody takes a tumble.

Also, people often drive there and you can see them down below.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I wonder why one of them gets to take up the whole nest while the other one has to sleep by the edge. Looks like he/she is pretty close to falling out.
    Hope has a thing for the edge of the nest *L*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Think of a man hogging the covers and taking his half out of the bed. LOL.

On a serious note, maybe they like sleeping that way. Can't always tell about nature.

One of the little ones just woke up. I think it's hungry again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

AussieBec Guest
    Was pretty cool to watch mum and dad come and feed the babies

PurrPurr Guest
    Attachment 45334

They're all snuggly in their nest.

Mommy or daddy is keeping watch on them now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

endsleigh03 Guest
    One of the eaglets was just standing up to stretch and unfolded its wings. Awesome.

I can't wait for the learning to fly phase. It won't be long.

PurrPurr Guest
    Looks like either Mama or Daddy is with them right now...they're all cuddled up.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Some animal has been brought to the nest.

Nature.

Yuck.

tarsier Guest
    The past week we've had an eagle perched in a mulberry tree out in my field everty morning. We're near water a quarter mile from a creek surrounded by 3000 acres of woodlot. It's illegal to get within 500 feet of a nest here in Ohio but I'm definitely looking for a nest as soon as it begins to warm.

They are getting so big
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahawwwwweeeeeee! They cute! Beautiful bird!

I saw two bald eagles fly past Redwood Park yesterday.

endsleigh03 Guest
    A www... Ozzie and Harriet have 2 New babies, so cute.

And they made Huff Post, although those in the tree could give a fig.

We used to watch a number of Eagle Cams (in Maine and other states). In the summer of 2012 there was a touching eagle story that we watched live. One of the babies fell out of the nest. Then a few days later the other baby got somehow stuck in the nest (there had been rain and it appeared one of his legs or wings was stuck in the mud in the nest). Finally, after a day of watching the poor thing struggle, the organization that set up the camera went in and rescued little Harmon. The freed him from whatever was trapping him and took him back to their rehab center and gave him meds and food.

We all watched on the edge of our seats when they returned Harmon to the nest because there was the fear that the parents may not accept Harmon back because the nest had been disturbed. We watched and watched all day waiting for Mom or Dad to return. The Raptor Center volunteers were waiting close by to see if the parents were going to return to the nest. After a lonely day and night the volunteers were getting ready to climb back up the tree, Dad landed on the nest and within a few seconds started feeding Harmon. Then Mom came along and she started feeding Harmon. This shot was taken that night before the camera shut down (it's solar powered). It was so sweet and after days of worrying about Harmon he was successfully reunited with his parents. he grew up and flew out of the next a few months later. But it was such a wonderful thing to watch.

Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    We used to watch a number of Eagle Cams (in Maine and other states). In the summer of 2012 there was a touching eagle story that we watched live. One of the babies fell out of the nest. Then a few days later the other baby got somehow stuck in the nest (there had been rain and it appeared one of his legs or wings was stuck in the mud in the nest). Finally, after a day of watching the poor thing struggle, the organization that set up the camera went in and rescued little Harmon. The freed him from whatever was trapping him and took him back to their rehab center and gave him meds and food.

We all watched on the edge of our seats when they returned Harmon to the nest because there was the fear that the parents may not accept Harmon back because the nest had been disturbed. We watched and watched all day waiting for Mom or Dad to return. The Raptor Center volunteers were waiting close by to see if the parents were going to return to the nest. After a lonely day and night the volunteers were getting ready to climb back up the tree, Dad landed on the nest and within a few seconds started feeding Harmon. Then Mom came along and she started feeding Harmon. This shot was taken that night before the camera shut down (it's solar powered). It was so sweet and after days of worrying about Harmon he was successfully reunited with his parents. he grew up and flew out of the next a few months later. But it was such a wonderful thing to watch.

Way better ending than the one that was posted about the baby who did fall. That was last year and it died.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 12-27-2013 at 06:52 AM.

I was so happy to have two Christmas bobbles. I watch them every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

endsleigh03 Guest
    Harriet is on the nest, they have such fierce faces. She looks annoyed.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 12-30-2013 at 10:36 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    One of the eaglets died and is still in the nest. Boo hiss.

http://www.ustream.tv/SouthwestFloridaEagleCam

(Sibling is still cuddling with it)
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 02-02-2014 at 07:13 PM.

AussieBec Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    One of the eaglets died and is still in the nest. Boo hiss.

http://www.ustream.tv/SouthwestFloridaEagleCam

(Sibling is still cuddling with it)
    That's so sad

I've been crying since Sunday....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a head's up. H fed E3 to his sibling this morning. Hard to watch, but it is the cycle of nature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Just a head's up. H fed E3 to his sibling this morning. Hard to watch, but it is the cycle of nature.
    What?

ETA... She did, didn't she. Glad I missed all that.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 02-05-2014 at 01:15 PM.

I was watching yesterday afternoon and Harriet dragged the carcass out of the nest.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Been watching since Monday again and it was fascinating to see Oz and Harriet fly in and nudge the dead eaglet. This is only the second year of the cam, they have probably been thru this before.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I was watching yesterday afternoon and Harriet dragged the carcass out of the nest.
    This morning she brought some pine branch thingie into the nest and put it where E3 was for awhile. I think it is a natural deodorizer to get rid of the smell that would attract predators.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    This morning she brought some pine branch thingie into the nest and put it where E3 was for awhile. I think it is a natural deodorizer to get rid of the smell that would attract predators.
    I bet you right. snakes can climb trees.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I never knew that until I was in Tennessee and the person I was with said oh, look there's a snake over your head

I don't think that problem as arisen, but I see a ton of hawks and vultures in the area of the nest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DonnaMc Guest
    Cool!

Lovely. I am now addicted to watching this little darling. This is SO unlike me, but I'm hooked!!!! Gonna go peek in again......

Awww, he just fell on his little face.........
    Last edited by maryd; 02-06-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Lovely. I am now addicted to watching this little darling. This is SO unlike me, but I'm hooked!!!! Gonna go peek in again......

Awww, he just fell on his little face.........
    E4 is a little booble wooble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

endsleigh03 Guest
    All tucked in. Dark and lonely up there without the Sib to cuddle with.

I read that only 1 in 10 eagles survive until adulthood, which is 1-5 years old. I absolutely love animals, but I cringe every time I check this thread, worried the baby, E4 has passed on, as well. Good luck, baby eaglet!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Step back from the edge. He's still so clumsy he just fell over and bonked his own beak a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Step back from the edge. He's still so clumsy he just fell over and bonked his own beak a good one.
    I know!!!! I've seen him hanging head first off the side of the nest and find myself screaming, "watch out!!!! Get away from there!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

H and O will have to bump up the "baby gates" soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DonnaMc Guest
    Harriet was posing for the camera earlier. Almost like she knew where the camera was.