Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 73 of 73

Thread: Ex-Navy SEAL & Sniper Chris Kyle

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,332
    Greg Abbott declares Feb 2 as Chris Kyle day. Considering declaring Feb 3 as Josh Rambo day.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...hris-kyle-day/
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,842
    jury selection today for his killer Eddie Ray Routh

    http://news.yahoo.com/texas-jury-sel...120525930.html


  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    443
    hmmm good use of a selfie stick

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,040
    Stephenville Tx is one of those small Texas towns with most of its retail business closely surrounding the Erath county courthouse square. No doubt the small town will be filled to overflowing with press from around the nation and from overseas. Only a 30 minute drive from my house, I'd like to drive down there and just sit around for a while and observe. No doubt the small cafes and dollar stores will benefit financially but I would venture to speculate that they had their "d'rethers", they would not under these circumstances.

    http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Edd...290599791.html
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    18,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Stephenville Tx is one of those small Texas towns with most of its retail business closely surrounding the Erath county courthouse square. No doubt the small town will be filled to overflowing with press from around the nation and from overseas. Only a 30 minute drive from my house, I'd like to drive down there and just sit around for a while and observe. No doubt the small cafes and dollar stores will benefit financially but I would venture to speculate that they had their "d'rethers", they would not under these circumstances.

    http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Edd...290599791.html
    Don't go. It would be a full on circus. OB vans, journos, loads of rubberneckers. You would be queing for hours for a cup of Joe or a meal in a diner.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,375
    He is no hero.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,842
    Routh has cleaned up and gained some weight:


  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,842
    Kyle was shot five times in the back and once in the head

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-begins.html

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Kyle was shot five times in the back and once in the head

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-begins.html
    "This dude is straight-up nuts'
    Text Chris Kyle sent to friend Chad Littlefield about Eddie Ray Routh just hours before he shot them dead at a Texas gun range"

    While I commend Kyle and Littlefield for the work they did with soldiers suffering from PTSD, if you had already determined there was an 'issue' with Routh, WTH would you take him to a gun range?
    Morgan

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    "This dude is straight-up nuts'
    Text Chris Kyle sent to friend Chad Littlefield about Eddie Ray Routh just hours before he shot them dead at a Texas gun range"

    While I commend Kyle and Littlefield for the work they did with soldiers suffering from PTSD, if you had already determined there was an 'issue' with Routh, WTH would you take him to a gun range?
    Kyle was obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,842
    Routh is guilty

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,075
    I didn't think Routh's team was going to be able to pull off the insanity defense.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,085
    Guilty. Life in prison with no possibility of parole.

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/24/us/ame...ial/index.html

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,701
    Damn that was fast. Opening arguments on a Monday, conviction a week and a day later.

    Colorado should take lessons regarding their long delayed trial of alleged Aurora theater shooter James Holmes and Boston with the trial for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
    Morgan

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,011
    History channel and A&E ran several programs about snipers over the weekend. One of the guys they were interviewing said all people ever ask him is how many people have you killed, not how many people you saved.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,040
    Kyle's text about Routh being "straight up nuts" is seen in a different light now that transcripts, audio, etc have now been released since sentencing last night.

    Routh's mother never informed Kyle nor Littlefield that her son had multiple trouble with the law and had other issues besides PTSD. In Routh's previous run in's with the law, he always pulled the PTSD card which was ridiculous because, I understand, Routh never saw combat.

    Evidently Kyle and Littlefield were not acquainted with Routh before they took him to the shooting range at, as I understand it, the request from his mother. So now we see that Kyle realized what a nut job Routh is when they were driving to the range, hence Kyle's text. Had Kyle been familiar with Routh, I doubt that trip to the gun range would have ever happened.

    On a related note, Marcus Luttrell, ex Navy SEAL and friend of Kyle's, sent a friendly warning to Routh:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...owing-verdict/
    Last edited by Bidmor; 02-25-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Kyle's text about Routh being "straight up nuts" is seen in a different light now that transcripts, audio, etc have now been released since sentencing last night.

    Routh's mother never informed Kyle nor Littlefield that her son had multiple trouble with the law and had other issues besides PTSD. In Routh's previous run in's with the law, he always pulled the PTSD card which was ridiculous because, I understand, Routh never saw combat.
    A previous article about Routh says he was "a corporal in the Marines and served actively from 2006 to 2010. He was deployed to Iraq in 2007 and Haiti in 2010."

    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...er-chris-kyle/

    He probably thought PTSD sounded better than paranoid schizophrenia.
    Morgan

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,375
    Life in prison without the possibility of parole for a paranoid schizophrenic. Something is wrong with that. The guy belongs in a hospital, not a prison. Hospital for life? Ok.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,040
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Life in prison without the possibility of parole for a paranoid schizophrenic. Something is wrong with that. The guy belongs in a hospital, not a prison. Hospital for life? Ok.
    Then in a few years a 2 or 3 doctors could easily say he's improved enough to be released.

    Routh knew what he had done was wrong. He murdered two men by shooting them in the back.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Then in a few years a 2 or 3 doctors could easily say he's improved enough to be released.

    Routh knew what he had done was wrong. He murdered two men by shooting them in the back.
    After the fact he might have known it was wrong. But who is to say wtf he had going on in his head when it happened. I mean he's a paranoid schizophrenic. There is no cure for schizophrenia; meds can make the symptoms better but not a cure. So he wouldn't qualify to be let out. At worst he'd get the Hinkley or Chapman supervised day passes after decades. I'm just saying he doesn't belong in general population prison. And prison's are chock FULL of these sick people.... then again if as a society we made access to psychiatric care easier to access and available for everyone regardless of ability to pay perhaps these people could get the help they needed long before it got to the point of tragedy. Not that losing this Kyle POS psychopath is a loss.
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 02-26-2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: I forgot a word.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Then in a few years a 2 or 3 doctors could easily say he's improved enough to be released.

    Routh knew what he had done was wrong. He murdered two men by shooting them in the back.
    He will die in prison. Once the other inmates get ahold of him, he will wish it will be sooner rather than later.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,842
    Routh's mother on Dr. Phil - she put Kyle in contact with Routh - a whole lot of guilt here.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6879932.html

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,842
    The Jesse Ventura case has been overturned on appeal

    http://www.startribune.com/court-ove...ard/382684251/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •