Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The View

tensecondstolove Guest

The View

WTF??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psGLXqW1kUs

I hope this hasn't been posted yet.

This was that same bitch that thinks that the world is "flat"...
    Last edited by tensecondstolove; 12-05-2007 at 12:11 AM.

Kathyf Guest
    That clip was funny. I do like her though. They better talk to her before these discussions.

tensecondstolove Guest
    ^They better send her back to elementary school! Actually, fuck that, start her back in nursery school when most children learn that the world isn't "flat".

Kathyf Guest
    I know my son is still talking about that. LOl

Ms. K Guest
    I just shake my head and say that's what fanatical devotion to religion does.

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    I just shake my head and say that's what fanatical devotion to religion does.
    True, but I have to say I've never seen such ignorance. She lives by the Bible but yet she doesn't even know the full story? WTF does she think B.C. means???

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    True, but I have to say I've never seen such ignorance. She lives by the Bible but yet she doesn't even know the full story? WTF does she think B.C. means???
    Oh, I've seen that kind of ignorance. I live in the Inland Empire, and I swear to God, there are so many ignorant, narrow-minded assholes who hide behind the Bible, and use it to justify their views.

She's just another example of a sheeple. There's plenty of them out there.

8. 12-05-2007, 05:01 AM

Snoopy Guest
    Another view-tube moment.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    Ignorance is no excuse.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

different kind of girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chascsq View Post

WTF? She thinks the earth is flat? By the way that's not in the bible. The shape of the earth is not even discussed; from the sounds of it she's either Southern Baptist or Jehovah's witness, or some Kool Aid sipping, snake handling place.

She was raised JW, pretty sure of that...

MorbidMolly Guest
    It would be funny if it wasn`t so frigging sad and stupid....how much ae they paying her...hell, I can go on there and spew drivel for half of what she`s making....

tensecondstolove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    It would be funny if it wasn`t so frigging sad and stupid....how much ae they paying her...hell, I can go on there and spew drivel for half of what she`s making....
    So true. Apparently, any blind sheep can be hired onto that show to express their "opinions". Next thing you know, they'll be hiring random people off the streets. I shudder to think how much she's getting paid.

Ms. K Guest
    Hey I'm a christian in the IE. I don't think I'm an asshole.
    True though there are some...especially the ones that attend those cults.. err I mean "churches" in the shopping centers, and instead of singing hymns and hearing speeches from a minister they just sing along to contemprary christian music lyrics projected on a white board. Most people who hide behind parts of the bible I can guarantee you that they've probaly never even read it...they just take someone elses word for it. For example the passage in the bible some fanatics use to discourage masterbation...the story of Onan...I went and looked that up, and how did they ever get that out of that story? If anything it's God condeming the "pullout" method.

Now back to Sheri Shepperd...

WTF? She thinks the earth is flat? By the way that's not in the bible. The shape of the earth is not even discussed; from the sounds of it she's either Southern Baptist or Jehovah's witness, or some Kool Aid sipping, snake handling place.
    I've been to those kinds of churches, and no, I don't think all Christians in the I.E. are assholes, but you KNOW who I'm talking about. And, incidentally, I am a Christian, well, a back-sliddin' Catholic, lol.

And no, those people that hide behind "The Bible Says" most likely have not read it, they're depending on someone to tell them what to think.

It's not Christianity I object to. It's that cult mentality, where there's the sheeple following the leader, that I object to.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. But, you yourself pointed out that you knew the people whereof I speak!

15. 12-05-2007, 06:32 PM

tensecondstolove Guest
    Ok, anyways back on topic. (I know it was related but I didn't want this thread to turn into a religious discussion/debate).

She ran her mouth again today! This time just being straight-up contradictory. She's a walking contradiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ND3vqPz90

The world isn't flat?

18. 12-05-2007, 07:09 PM

Chascsq Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    The world isn't flat?
    Nope, and we revolve around the sun, and the Big Rock candy mountain is not really made of candy either.

tensecondstolove Guest
    The world isn't flat?
    ROFL.............

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    The world isn't flat?
    'fraid not. But the moon is still made of cheese.

Ms. K Guest
    Nope, and we revolve around the sun, and the Big Rock candy mountain is not really made of candy either.
    *snort*

Okay, now I have to clean iced tea off my laptop....

So, does that mean the Big Rock Candy Mountain is made out of crack?

And as to your comments on churches? Yeah, I went to a Vineyard church here. Never again. That's the church my husband was RAISED in, God help me, and it's been bad enough with his damn mother trying to convince him that I'm going straight to Hell because I'm Catholic. Let's not mention what happened when the Vineyard folks, nice as they are, heard that I was Catholic.

Why do so many of these folks have a hate on for the Catholic Church? I don't get it. Especially since a lot of them OUGHT to know better, since they used to BE Catholic!

23. 12-06-2007, 04:36 AM

cachluv Guest
    Not to pick on any religion or any person, but a few years ago I heard a coworker complaining of a headache. I offered her some Advil and she refused, saying it was against her religion. I wasn't familiar with this so I asked questions, being naturally curious. She said again, it was against her religion. I asked several times until I was afraid of appearing confrontational about it. She could not answer with anything than this--"It's against my religion. We don't take pills." She wasn't able to tell me why. Don't you think if you believe in something and practice it in your life as a belief, you should be able to say why you believe in it? I had to Google that stupidness to find out it was legit and to read about why this was a real thing. It ended up making sense, from another person's point of view. I was sure to fill her in on her own opinion the next day.

The funny thing about Shepherd is you can see it on her face when she says something stupid. She knows that something she just said isn't quite right, but she has decided to keep rolling with it.

On my job, I answer phone lines from around the country. You would be suprised what I regularly hear when I say "Eastern time". People either don't know what time zones are, or they have no idea what time it is in other time zones and are flat unable to figure it out. These sound like people who have lived here either for a long time or long enough to catch on to simple stuff like that. Shepherd insisting the earth is flat or that no one existed before Jesus or his parents or what not...none of that is NEARLY so stupid as to insist on something that just is not true. It's obvious she knows it too, where is her proof? What has she said since that show aired in defense? What reasoning did she cite?

"Cause I know"--??

It's more common than you think. More than just a brainfart, it's called elective ignorance and you guys are right. There is no excuse.

cachluv Guest
    Tuesday, July 22nd 2008

Some Things Are Better Kept To Yourself

Sherri Shepherd, second dumb-bitch-in-command next to Elisabeth Hasselcrack on "The View," told a Christian women's magazine that she has "had more abortions than I would like to count." Somebody get Guinness World Records on the phone!
    Sherri opened up to Precious Times magazine about her rough past which included drugs and fucking tons of dudes. She said, "My sister was heavy into drugs, and we would have to go and get her from crack houses. I was sleeping with a lot of guys and had more abortions than I would like to count." She can count?!
    Sherri, who was a Jehovah's Witness at the time, said she was involved in a very abusive relationship. When she converted to Christianity, everything changed for her, "God showed me that it would make a difference. I ask the Lord, 'Why am I here?' I have to trust God when He says, 'Because I said so.'"
    She also thinks Barbara Walters needs saving, "Oh, sometimes I say, 'Lord, Juanita Bynum or Joyce Meyer would be so good at this table. They could lay hands on Barbara Walters and get her saved.'" I can already hear Barbara screaming, "Thut up, Therri!"
    Sherri, just because you have a mouth, doesn't mean you need to use it all the time. Even I keep some things to myself, like the time I let some 75-year-old pepaw pay me to play with his shriveled turtlehead. I've never told anyone that.......until now.

Guest Guest
    one more reason why I don't watch the View

**Jenna** Guest
    I liked her, now she annoys me.

i actually gave it a shot the other day because i loooove whoopi! she is so funny, but that elizabeth broad ruined it for me.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

**Jenna** Guest
    I liked sherri shepard on that show that had sara rue and andy dick,what was it called?less than perfect?

View' Host Sherri Shepherd: 'I Had More Abortions Than I Would Like to Count'

Gee what a thing to be proud of...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

AP

Sherri Sheperd

"The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd had a low point in her life when she was "sleeping with a lot of guys and had more abortions than I would like to count," she told Precious Times.
    Shepherd, 41, also told the black Christian women's magazine that "my sister was heavy into drugs, and we would have to go and get her from crack houses. I felt if someone killed me, it wouldn't even make a difference."
    It wasn't until converting to Christianity that the talk show host found her way.
    "God showed me that it would make a difference," said Shepherd, who said that faith helped her through a rough divorce from Jeff Tarpley, whom she says cheated on her and got another woman pregnant.
    Shepherd also said it's hard to talk about religion on the popular ABC show.
    "Oh, sometimes I say, 'Lord, Juanita Bynum or Joyce Meyer [popular televangelists] would be so good at this table. They could lay hands on Barbara Walters and get her saved.'"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

MorbidMolly Guest
    She`s an ignorant, useless twit......WTF was Babs thinking hiring this reject......

Xtine Guest
    http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...2-0c3c55199211

apparently sherri is doing some damage control....this video was posted on perezhilton.com.
    i haven't seen it yet.

it doesn't sound to me like she's proud of it.
    sounds like she's glad her life has changed.

She`s an ignorant, useless twit......WTF was Babs thinking hiring this reject......
    Ratings, dearest....ratings!! What do you think Whoopi is on there for?

Same thing with rosie......thank God it seems that she dropped off the face of the Earth.....for now anyways.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    it doesn't sound to me like she's proud of it.
    sounds like she's glad her life has changed.

You may be right Finn, but she has an uncanny way of saying things in the most ignorant of ways......maybe if someone gave her lessons on how to articulate herself better......what her past was is her business, but to state you can`t count the abortions you`ve had......pretty inflamatory stuff......not to mention tacky beyond belief......but that`s just my opinion.....

melmoney Guest
    No matter what your stance is on abortion, there is no excuse for having so many abortions that you can't even count them. There are ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy, and I'm sure she was perfectly capable of taking preventative measures. It's just irresponsible when one keeps making a choice over and over again and doing nothing to stop it.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    No matter what your stance is on abortion, there is no excuse for having so many abortions that you can't even count them. There are ways to prevent unwanted pregnancy, and I'm sure she was perfectly capable of taking preventative measures. It's just irresponsible when one keeps making a choice over and over again and doing nothing to stop it.

My thoughts exactly......

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSDeathhag View Post
    Ratings, dearest....ratings!! What do you think Whoopi is on there for?

Same thing with rosie......thank God it seems that she dropped off the face of the Earth.....for now anyways.
    From your mouth to God`s ear........

At least she has the gut's to admit to the public how low she allowed herself to fall before she changed her life around. She went form hanging out at crack houses to being what she is today. If her story inspires just one person to make that kind of change in thier life, I applaude her.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    She's dumb and arrogant...a winning combo. I don't understand how it's possible
    watch the View and hold down food at the same time

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    She's not proud of it all. I don't think she said it flippantly.

You may be right Finn, but she has an uncanny way of saying things in the most ignorant of ways......maybe if someone gave her lessons on how to articulate herself better
    You're right, she puts her foot in her mouth a lot b/c she's just not a good speaker. She means well though. She's just not as fast as someone like Whoopi whose career was based on being fast on her feet. It's not exactly fair to have those two at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    At least she has the gut's to admit to the public how low she allowed herself to fall before she changed her life around. She went form hanging out at crack houses to being what she is today. If her story inspires just one person to make that kind of change in thier life, I applaude her.
    I agree that she's come a long way & that could have a lot to do with why she's not so eloquent.

this is afar cry from Ms Magazine encouraging women to be proud of their abortions & the celebrities that voiced theirs as well. That was a sick display if you ask me. Big surprise Gloria Steinem was behind it.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Gloria is a douche.......

Just think that if you had more than one abortion there is a better way to put it then "I've had more than I can count."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I guess she also feels proud of her and the many men she slept with of not ever using birth control too...what a moron.

don't_axe_me Guest
    To be fair, she said she'd had more than she'd like to count......For some women, that could mean one.

Mrs F Guest
    I think Sherri is probably a nice lady but seems rather naive and ill informed about A LOT of things

NOVSTORM Guest
    I think it way too much information. There is no reason for anyone to get on TV and start telling their so called sins. Everytime I see people start to do this I turn the channel it always reminds me of these preachers wo got caught with hookers or some young boy who get on TV telling evryone how they have sinned and how tehy have now turned their lvies around. We all make some terrible mistakes but I see no reason to get on national tv and give the details.

She's not ashamed of who she used to be, and why should she be? A lot of us here made major mistakes and did unadvisable things in our pasts and aren't afraid to talk about it. You can't run from your past, why try to hide it? No one is perfect. She grew and changed as a person.

I still think she's an ignoramus, though.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

sheri Guest
    Ok, given I have mentioned my religion here a time or two, and yes I know my mouth gets me into trouble. I can tell you for a fact that JWs do NOT believe that the earth is flat. Where Ms. Sheppard thought that the JWs believe that is beyond me. Personally, I ahve also seen firsthand some of the two faced-itis in JWs over the years I have associated with them - done purely to shut my family up. And as for the US educational system failing, yeah it's failed and flawed big time. Come on, it rolled out Hasselcrack, Sheppard, and a few others. That's enough proof for me.

Just saying is all, ok. Please don't go bashing me for this. Heck, I don't even watch The View. Hasselcrack needs to seriously calm down from the soundbites I've seen.
    Last edited by sheri; 07-23-2008 at 02:29 PM.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    She's not ashamed of who she used to be, and why should she be? A lot of us here made major mistakes and did unadvisable things in our pasts and aren't afraid to talk about it. You can't run from your past, why try to hide it? No one is perfect. She grew and changed as a person.

I still think she's an ignoramus, though.
    Exactly.

I heard this, and thought to myself, "Nobody's going to pat you on the head and say good girl, you've come so far, honey."

But, growing up and moving away from your past does not make you intelligent. And Lord love her, she's still dumb as a fence post, bless her heart.

Vamp Guest
    Too Much Information. Plain and simple.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    Exactly.

I heard this, and thought to myself, "Nobody's going to pat you on the head and say good girl, you've come so far, honey."

But, growing up and moving away from your past does not make you intelligent. And Lord love her, she's still dumb as a fence post, bless her heart.
    Best sentence of the day!! LOL.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

AP

Sherri Sheperd

"The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd had a low point in her life when she was "sleeping with a lot of guys and had more abortions than I would like to count," she told Precious Times.
    Shepherd, 41, also told the black Christian women's magazine that "my sister was heavy into drugs, and we would have to go and get her from crack houses. I felt if someone killed me, it wouldn't even make a difference."
    It wasn't until converting to Christianity that the talk show host found her way.
    "God showed me that it would make a difference," said Shepherd, who said that faith helped her through a rough divorce from Jeff Tarpley, whom she says cheated on her and got another woman pregnant.
    Shepherd also said it's hard to talk about religion on the popular ABC show.
    "Oh, sometimes I say, 'Lord, Juanita Bynum or Joyce Meyer [popular televangelists] would be so good at this table. They could lay hands on Barbara Walters and get her saved.'"
    Sherri Shepherd is a crotch!

IrishBabe Guest
    The ladies on that show are all pathetic. Ironically Elizabeth the only one anywhere near my political beliefs is pretty much a buffoon.

Elisabeth is a friggin' moron most of the time. I liked her on Survivor, but she really is a twit. And I agree with her on most issues as well. It's embarrassing.