Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Crimes That Most People Have Never Heard Of

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I live in Yorkshire where Peter Sutcliffe aka The Yorkshire Ripper murdered those prostitutes. He didn't kill them in Sheffield. But only a 30min drive away in Leeds. He was arrested in Sheffield though. Whilst attempting to pick up another prostitute

ComputerGuy Guest
    Shannon Palk was killed near by in Candlestick Park Mobile Home Community

jlhist64 Guest

My brother dated one of Ted Bundy's murder victims

My brother used to date a girl who was one of Ted Bundy's murder victims. We lived in Grand Junction, CO from 1972-1978 and I remember the police coming over to my house and asking my brother a few questions about the girl. It wasn't anything that could have been "criminal" questions, but questions about the girls habits, where she would hang out after school, did my brother see her with anyone who looked "creepy", etc, etc....This was after they found the girls body and my brother who was a Senior in High School (1977)...From what my brother remembers, the police already had a good idea that Bundy was the murderer, but they just wanted to rule out any other possible suspects.

It turns out the girl that was Bundy's victim was tied to a railroad tie and thrown in the Colorado River...My brother and the girl only dated for about 6 months, but he got really upset because they remained close friends until she was killed.

I don't remember the girl's name but I am sure it is easy to look up....

KMKSouthie2001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Here in DFW I heard some guy got shot while riding in a motorcade but I don't believe it.

Ha! Hehehe. Horray for historical humor!

Well you know what they say about Albuquerque. It's the domestic violence capital of the United States. I met more many battered wives in my day to day travels than you would believe.[/quote]

of all the places i have visited new mexico in general was the most out of control place i have been to. not neccesarily so,just my perception.

the bacpack killer is about to air 1200 noon cdt,on dtms.

reddawn17 Guest
    I live In Jackson, MS..one of the first school massacres happened the next town over at Pearl High School. I was a Junior...
    Luke Woodham killed his mother and grandmother and then went to the school and killed 2 girls. My best friend from high school and myself grew up with the 2 girls killed.

damiana513 Guest

Jeffrey Dahmer

I lived 2 blocks over and 3 blocks up from where the murder and mayhem took place. Curtis "Demetra" Straughter was a friend of mine.

Danse Macabre Guest
    When I lived in Corvallis, OR I used to know Shannon, the oldest sister of Brooke Wilberger. I'm sure you guys heard about the case. Brooke was kidnaped in the Oregon State University campus one morning and then raped and murdered. Even though her body hasn't been found yet, the police solved the case and her killer is presently fighting against his extradition from New Mexico to Oregon.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers%5Cpredators%5Cjoel_courtney%5C1.html

BTW, Kathy Parks, one of the Ted Bundy victims, was also abducted by him at the OSU campus in the 1970's.

I lived just 3.5 miles away from the OSU campus.

Also, Corvallis is just 40 minutes north from Springfield. It was there where that psycho bag of s*** Diane Downs shot her own kids, killing one of them.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...s/index_1.html
    Last edited by Danse Macabre; 10-17-2007 at 01:20 PM.

alexmack Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GracePBryant View Post
    I knew the Hillside Stranger - Ken Biancci - but at the time I had no idea he was a serial killer - I was 20.
    [SIZE=7]YIKES!!![/SIZE]

alexmack Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GraveGirl View Post
    Stefanie Rabinowitz
    http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/rabinowitz_craig.html

John DuPont
    http://www.cnn.com/US/9702/25/dupont.verdict/reax.html

[SIZE=4]Holly Maddux[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,168382-2,00.html[/SIZE]

I know there are others, these are just the ones that sprung to mind first.
    Man that Ira Einhorn is a realpiecw of work!

BigBootyJudy Guest

Samantha Runyon- Lake Elsinore

I lived in a REALLY bad part of Lake Elsinore when Alejando Avila kidnapped, assualted and murdered Samatha Runyon and dumped her body off the road on Highway 74. He lived in the apartment complex that backed up to ours. The night they served the arrest and search warrant for him we were kept inside our homes by police and the sheriff's helicoptor hovered over until he was in custody.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBootyJudy View Post
    I lived in a REALLY bad part of Lake Elsinore when Alejando Avila kidnapped, assualted and murdered Samatha Runyon and dumped her body off the road on Highway 74. He lived in the apartment complex that backed up to ours. The night they served the arrest and search warrant for him we were kept inside our homes by police and the sheriff's helicoptor hovered over until he was in custody.
    Oh...my...God....

I'm in Wildomar. PM me!

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    Man I'd love to do the whole death hag meetup, maybe take that DD tour with Scott. Sounds like the DD tour would be a complete hoot and total blast. Since I have no car, if the whole meetup and tour were to happen someone would need to come get my little death hag arse (and yes i know what an arse is)

Yeah, we did recently get a Chili's, and a whole slew of other stores and such. All over between 1st and 2nds Streets. Popeyes just opened over by the 76 station on Beaumont Ave and 5th Street. All the stuff coming in here is a whole nother chat.
    I heard the new Chili's is nice, but we're rarely ever out Beaumont way anymore. But, the GM is a nice guy, used to be a cop, and has contacts still. I remember when he was an MIT in San Bernardino!

Beaumont hasn't been - and never will be - the same since Anthony was kidnapped, sodomized/raped, and murdered, then buried in a shallow grave out in the Coachella Valley. Yellow ribbons stayed up for so long around here, that if there wasn't one up where one used to be, it looked out of place. Then, when that sick mofo admitted to doing what he did to Anthony, white ribbons immediately went up in place of where the yellow ones were. Then, a local businessman had a huge banner made up with Anthony's picture and the words "Thank you...' I can't remember the waiterss's name. And the banner was on a board at Beaumont City Hall for people to sign. I signed it for my kids and I, because I have 2 kids, lots of nephews and nieces, and thought that waitress should know that what she did was amazingly awesome, that it was a huge gift to Beaumont to return even a little piece of 'normal' to us who live here, and just appreciation for looking out for kids. Then, the banner with all the sigs was sent to the waitress. I have no idea what she did with it, but she knows Beaumont is indebted to her for what she did.
    How could it be the same? I remember when I was a kid, the younger brothers of one of my classmates drowned. That affected the whole town. Beaumont reminds me of my hometown...everyone knows everyone else.

Beaumont has been forever changed by this horrific tragedy. Nevermind all the friggin wildfires we have had here over the years. Most recent fire was in Cabazon about 15 minutes from my place. We lost 5 firefighters in that one. Idylwild was one of the nearest towns immediately affected by this damn fire. Ever since that sicko was arrested and admitted to doing what he did to Anthony, the healing process has been and will continue to be slow. Anthony's family has closure to a certain extent, but not full closure because Anthony is still dead. I never met his family, but my heart goes out to them and always has.
    No, can't have closure for that. It doesn't help that I consider closure to be an overused psychobabble term most of the time. How can you get closure when someone murders your child in cold blood, just because they can? That's just an open wound on your heart.

Anthony - you will always be missed and loved just as much. Sleep in heavenly peace, little guy. And keep watch always over your mom and siblings. There are no words for what they feel not having you here with them. I just realized that my youngest child is currently the same age Anthony was when he was taken. Sheesh.
    I looked him up on Find A Grave. What a beautiful boy, and you could see the sweetness radiating off his picture. And how chilling for you to realize your youngest is the age Anthony was when he was taken!

PM me sometime....we'll have to work on an IE meetup!

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    OMG, this was one of the WORST cases I have ever read about.. UGH, killing her own sister for gods sakes, does anyone know where Karla is? I know she was released,,

Karla was released in July 2006. She now lives quietly in Montreal. She obtained a degree in psychology and learned French while in jail. She reportedly has a boyfriend and may be pregnant. God help any kid she may have.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I lived in Reno briefly 22 years ago when Reno became the focus of a high-profile lawsuit that charged the British heavy metal group Judas Priest with hiding subliminal messages in its music that led to the deaths of two fans.

On Dec. 23, 1985, after an afternoon spent drinking beer, smoking marijuana and allegedly listening to music by Judas Priest for several hours, Raymond Belknap, 18, and his friend, James Vance, 20, went to a church playground in Sparks. There, Belknap put a 12-gauge shotgun under his chin and pulled the trigger, dying instantly. Vance tried to follow suit but, possibly because the weapon was slippery with blood, the shot blew away the lower half of his face. He survived, his face severely deformed. Vance underwent more than 140 hours of surgery and lived in constant pain. Three years later, he slipped into a coma and died before the trial began

I lived about 4 blocks over from the park they did the deed. The following summer I was in Recycled Records (great place, still there) when he walks in - WITH HALF HIS FREAKING FACE MISSING. He had a towel around his neck to catch the saliva coming out. But everyone HATED this guy because he openly blamed Judas Priest for all his problems. So what did the store clerk do? He put on "Breakin' the Law" by Judas Priest and Vance just walked right out.

Shawver83 Guest
    My grandmother lived in a tiny town right outside Lake City, FL where Ted Bundy abducted 12 yr old Kimberly Leach, the crime he was eventually executed for. He abducted her from outside of Lake City Middle School, which we drove past every day. Used to creep me out to drive past there and see where he took her from, because I was around the same age.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    I lived in Reno briefly 22 years ago when Reno became the focus of a high-profile lawsuit that charged the British heavy metal group Judas Priest with hiding subliminal messages in its music that led to the deaths of two fans.

I lived about 4 blocks over from the park they did the deed. The following summer I was in Recycled Records (great place, still there) when he walks in - WITH HALF HIS FREAKING FACE MISSING. He had a towel around his neck to catch the saliva coming out. But everyone HATED this guy because he openly blamed Judas Priest for all his problems. So what did the store clerk do? He put on "Breakin' the Law" by Judas Priest and Vance just walked right out.
    GOLD!!!

Ro you will certainly know this one. Paul Reid,the guy that killed at a clarksville baskin robbins,the McD in hermitage and the Capt Ds in donelson.

this guy imagined himself a performer,wtvf had exclusive footage of his video. he placed guitars so they formed a cross.

he called himself justin parks and i saw him perform at an open mike night. all the ladies were atwitter,and the guys thought he looked like he knew what he was doing.

with no disrespect to the hearing impaired,he sounded like a deaf person,with no idea how they sounded. i wish i knew another way to explain how bad it was. before the first measure was out,we knew this guy was demented.turned out our review was right.

what little comic relief there is to be found in the murders,two yaahoos,of the hell raiser and beer drinking persuasion,but pretty harmless otherwise,were arrested for the baskin robbins murders. one of them was almost 7 feet tall,the other around 5'9" so the cops called them mutt and jeff naturally. they resisted anytime they were in public,screaming to film crews and reporters they were innocent. the cops found a br cup in their car,but was finally traced to a br in east tn.

viridescence Guest
    Most recently, the Brian Nichols courthouse shootings. He's currently on trial: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met..._1016_web.html

The Atlanta Child Murders in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

In the late 1890s a man in Macon named Tom Woolfolk murdered nine members of his family with an ax -- worse than Lizzie Borden (if you believe she did it) -- but it never got the notoriety that the Borden murders did. The story is pretty interesting: http://www.law.uga.edu/academics/pro...8_remains.html

I can't think of any more off the top of my head that might've been nationally known.
    Last edited by viridescence; 10-18-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: spelling error

Kareika Guest

More San Diego

More San Diego stuff...

-the school shooting of January 1979 when Brenda Ann Spencer wounded eight children and one police officer and killed the principal and custodian at Cleveland Elementary School in San Carlos, a section of SD. When asked why she did it she replied "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day." This of course inspired the Boomtown Rats song "I don't like Mondays"

-Danielle Van Dam, in February 2002, that little girl whose LOSER neighbor kidnapped her from her bed at night and killed her...'nuff said. Got a great deal of national atttention

-McDonald's Massacre at San Ysidro

-Dan and Betty Broderick- featured on FAD...they first lived on Coral Reef in La Jolla about 2 minutes from my house. I'd LOVE to know what house but have never figured it out.

SlippyInvader Guest
    I live up the road from where the murderers Fred and Rose West lived in Gloucester. They murdered around 15 women after sexually torturing them then buried them under the patio in the back garden. He also murdered his own daugther when she was 16 and it wasn't until many years later he was found out.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest

funny thing when the press deals with murders

example: VICTIM FOUND WITH 10 GUNSHOTS TO HEAD, AUTOPSY TO BE PERFORMED MONDAY.

whats that about?? ok, i find a guy with a rope around his neck swinging 20 ft from the ground, do i need a autopsy to determine cause of death?? i know in some instances it is needed, but why do a autopsy on a guy the police just shot and killed, and do u ever notice this one : guy found drowned in river, undetermined cause of death.

i dont know, but to me, sometimes they phrase it so stupid!!!

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by viridescence View Post
    In the late 1890s a man in Macon named Tom Woolfolk murdered nine members of his family with an ax -- worse than Lizzie Borden (if you believe she did it) -- but it never got the notoriety that the Borden murders did. The story is pretty interesting: http://www.law.uga.edu/academics/pro...8_remains.html
    OMG!! I used to walk by those graves in Rose Hill cemetery on the way to Duane Allman's gravesite. They have 9 brick slabs all lined up with no names or identification. Finally I had to ask a local and he said it was an ax murder from the 1800's. Now I know the rest of the story ... thanks!

By the way, if anyone is in Macon be sure to stay at the 1842 Guest House - it is completely haunted!

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Although in a different neighborhood, I live about a quarter of a mile as the crow flies from the house where that guy murdered his wife and adult niece and then committed suicide. The husband/wife had driven up from the Keys to avoid one of the hurricanes in 2004 to stay with the niece. He cut out their hearts and maybe beheaded them, too, I can't remember, and then hung himself in the garage. But the method was so uniquie with the hearts, it linked him to mysterious deaths of hookers and transients all around where this guy had lived since he was a late teen and they determined he was a serial killer, and had actually also murdered his mother as a teen in Ohio, but it was sealed in juvenile records. It was huge news in Florida, I'm pretty sure it was national news as well. I go by the street with the house all the time. It was on the market for a while, too, but I think it's sold now. The niece had really fixed it up, it was a shame.

It was this guy:

http://www.skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=646
    Last edited by FloridaDeathHag; 10-18-2007 at 02:32 PM.

sheri Guest

Ms K

It's only closure in that they know for sure what happened and the location of his body. But, what they really want the most is to have Anthony back. As for the Chili's being nice, I have no idea since I have yet to set foot in it, and I live here. I gotta get out more lmao.

It was chilling even when my oldest was Anthony's age, because she's almost a full 3 years younger than Anthony. Anthony would be 21 in December. She just turned 18 earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. K View Post
    I heard the new Chili's is nice, but we're rarely ever out Beaumont way anymore. But, the GM is a nice guy, used to be a cop, and has contacts still. I remember when he was an MIT in San Bernardino!

How could it be the same? I remember when I was a kid, the younger brothers of one of my classmates drowned. That affected the whole town. Beaumont reminds me of my hometown...everyone knows everyone else.

No, can't have closure for that. It doesn't help that I consider closure to be an overused psychobabble term most of the time. How can you get closure when someone murders your child in cold blood, just because they can? That's just an open wound on your heart.

I looked him up on Find A Grave. What a beautiful boy, and you could see the sweetness radiating off his picture. And how chilling for you to realize your youngest is the age Anthony was when he was taken!

PM me sometime....we'll have to work on an IE meetup!

greekfrk Guest
    From Wisconsin. Gein, Dahmer... enough said.

The closest sensational murder for me on a personal level was the Bambi Bembeneck thing. I knew the son of the victim.

And a math teacher in high school was married to a relative of Geins.. Claimed the wife didn't like to talk about him and that he 'wasn't a straight arrow'

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...o/index_1.html

l remember wearing a green ribbon (we all did) for the safe return of Kristen in my last year of high school. after about a week of her being missing, we were hoping she was dead because otherwise bad things were happening to her. turns out she wasn't dead and was still being tortured.
    my brother-in-law was her religion teacher.

also, 3-4 times a week l have to drive over lake gibson where they found Leslie's body parts. l say a prayer every time.

Bernardo is in a part of prison where no one can hurt him. Homolka took college courses in prison and is now living free in Quebec and just had a baby. Makes me and everyone else around here sick.
    They'd be tortured and killed if left to a mob of us.

Nayzo Guest
    The Au Pair case happened in the town next to mine. That made big news; the local news covered it incessantly, and I remember seeing it all over Court TV.
    I am also currently reading a book that seems to cover a Boston Strangler esque murder in the town I've been living in for the last 16 years- I haven't finished it yet, so I can't say with authority that it was found to be done by the Boston Strangler. That, however, occurred nearly 20 years before I was born, and 30 years before I moved here.

Armcast Guest
    I don't know if this made the national news, but I do remember seeing it on City Confidential...

In Brownsville, TX a few years back a teenager named Joey Fisher was shot and killed as he was washing off his car before going to school. It turned out that it was a contract hit put out by the mother of his ex-girlfriend. What had happened was that Joey and the daughter of this woman and her doctor husband had recently broken up. The mother had gone to a curandera (healer) to help her daughter get back together with Joey. When nothing worked, the mother allegedly asked for the healer to find someone to kill Joey. Then Joey was murdered.

The police arrested the shooters, the healer and the mother and all were found guilty. However, the mother got off on a technicality and I believe she's still walkiing the streets as a free woman.

majcm Guest
    I live in the town where Shanda Sharer was abducted, tortured & burned alive when she was only 12 years old by 4 teenage girls, three of which had never even MET her before. Over jealousy. I knew Shanda and worked for her mom at the time the murder happened in 1992. 2 of the 4 are already out and one of the ringleaders (AND the one who knew her & was jealous) is trying to get out now, despite a 60 year sentence. I pray for her mom. (Her dad ended up drinking himself to death over this, his only child).

knothere Guest
    sum rich guy offed his wife
    made 3 books on it
    o well i cant remember his lat name is B sumin

sheeb720 Guest
    The only murder I can think of is that Charles Cullen killed at the hospital one town over, Somerset Medical Center in Somerville NJ. It turns out he was there the same time my grandfather died, and we thought for awhile that he could have been involved, but he wasn't.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Not a murder-- but I'm from New Orleans, and just outside of N.O., in a town called Slidell very close to where my parents now live, is where Jayne Mansfield had the accident that killed her (great write-up by Scott on the site.) One tidbit I didn't see on the site: my Mom used to work at the N.O. (now Louis Armstrong Int'l) Airport, and the rumor was that while Mansfield's supposedly decapitated body was at said airport awaiting transport to her funeral- some of the baggage handlers "handled" Ms. Mansfield's famed breasts... I grew up hearing this, and it's all I knew about Jayne Mansfield until I was much older. haha. Also, Charity Hospital- where Mariska was apparently taken- is no longer since Katrina, but Ochsner, where she was later transferred, is still one of the few functioning hospitals in the NOLA area.

don't_axe_me Guest
    Actually, Charity is one of the few that hasn't reopened. And Ochsner recently bought several other campuses in the area. They've really spread out. Tulane, Baptist (now Baptist Memorial), East Jefferson, Lakeside, Kenner Regional (one of the Ochsner acquisitions) are just a few that are open.

icdeadpeople2 Guest
    I grew up in Wichita Ks. and the B.T.K. aka Dennis Rader a serial killer was the boogieman to me starting in the 70's and ending in 2006

MissLissa Guest
    I grew up in Wichita Falls ,Tx.Back in the mid 80's we had young women going missing and then later found murdered.They finally caught up with the killer,his name is Faryion Wardrip.He murdered 5 women.Very interesting story about how he was finally caught.It was featured on American Justice or Cold Case files ,can't remember which now.

ButchMcNelly Guest
    Yep, the suburbs, Delaware County. See? I KNEW I forgot some!! I do have a slight connection to Seegrist. My grandparents were at the mall that morning, before she started shooting (Thank God). My dogs' old dog groomer is the daughter of the doctor she killed. 5 years ago I found a stray cat. I'm allergic, so I couldn't keep it unfortunately. The cat ended up going to the granddaughter of that same doctor.
    Howdy, girls! Another Delco transplant here (originally from Bucks County) We also have the Amy Willard murder; The Boy in the Box from 1957 (who I think I'm 100% sure of who killed him -but the cops won't listen to reason); and our "Blind Faith" murder movie victim, Maria Marshall from Toms River, NJ (okay.. a distant neighbor.. but hey - in '84 it was local news!). The list goes on forever.. it is Philly, after all.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ButchMcNelly View Post
    Howdy, girls! Another Delco transplant here (originally from Bucks County) We also have the Amy Willard murder; The Boy in the Box from 1957 (who I think I'm 100% sure of who killed him -but the cops won't listen to reason); and our "Blind Faith" murder movie victim, Maria Marshall from Toms River, NJ (okay.. a distant neighbor.. but hey - in '84 it was local news!). The list goes on forever.. it is Philly, after all.
    I'd forgotten "The boy in the box".
    Maybe it deserves a thread of it's own? It was a hell of a story. I remember reading about it.
    You think you have an idea of the murderer, now THATS even more interesting. Doubt you could post that part tho, unless you were REALLY REALLY vague about who you thought it was
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 10-22-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added something

i'm from Wichita, Kansas and certainly everyone has heard of the BTK Killer.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...k/index_1.html

the horrible multiple murder commited by the Carr Brothers in Wichita made quite a few national news stories too...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...carr_brothers/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

I remember all the lights, sirens and commotion on Monterey Square one Saturday night in 1981 and then finding out the next morning that Jim Williams had shot and killed Danny Lee Hansford. It wasn't big news nationally until a writer named John Berendt came to town and wrote a book called, "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil". Of course, Berendt took many liberties with the writing and much of the book is fictionalized or events were "restructured"; however, a lot of the events in the book really happened and a lot of the people were based (or sometimes loosely based) on real people. Jim Williams was a man with real flair and did a TON for historic preservation in Savannah, but he shouldn't have shot Danny. My brother-in-law was on the jury in the second trial (the jury that was sequestered) and deemed Williams "guilty as hell". Three convictions were overturned on technicalities before his last lawyer, Sonny Seiler, got a change of venue and a jury up the Savannah River in Augusta, GA, finally acquitted him. The stress of almost nine years of trials and appeals took its toll on him. He looked frail and weak where years before he appeared robust. About six months after his acquittal, he died in Mercer House from heart failure. (Williams' 1983 Jaguar that was the actual car that Kevin Spaced-out drove in the movie recently sold on eBay.)

On a VERY positive note about this: when Clint Eastwood and company came to town to make a move loosely based on the book, one of its stars, John Cusack, took up a local cause for finishing the renovation of an historic movie house that had suffered under years of delays and financial troubles. His personal very, very, very generous donation to the cause as well as his giving his time and talents to the fundraising efforts helped put the project down the home stretch to getting (finally) finished. He's a great guy and blended in with the locals. As many other celebrities have homes here and in the area, I'm kid of surprised that he, too, didn't become a part-time resident.

But everyone HATED this guy because he openly blamed Judas Priest for all his problems. So what did the store clerk do? He put on "Breakin' the Law" by Judas Priest and Vance just walked right out.[/quote]

Maybe l have a sick sense of humour but l find this hillarious.
    l'm getting struck by lightning.

don't_axe_me Guest
    "Midnight in the Garden..."

Great book, great characters

beautygirlsmom Guest
    I live outside of Philly - 'nuff said? Ira Einhorn and Gary Heidnik are two that I know were national news. There were quite a few mob hits in my neighborhodd growing up, but I don't know if they made national headlines. I don't know of anything that happened right here where I live now - everyone in my neighborhood is old, so I get the impression that you don't die once you move here ;-)

Spencemom Guest

copycat to freeman case

I remember the Freeman case too!! They were so freaky looking You're right about PA. How about the Boy in the Box? That was over 50 years ago now. The refrigerator box that his body was found in came from the Sears store on 69th street in Upper Darby. The store is still there. They never found out who killed him.
    There was also another case in a town I lived in Macungie, PA. A 16 year old named Jeffrey Howorth shot & killed his parents at home. It was labeled a copycat murder of the Freeman case(I lived about 1 mile away from that house).

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    But everyone HATED this guy because he openly blamed Judas Priest for all his problems. So what did the store clerk do? He put on "Breakin' the Law" by Judas Priest and Vance just walked right out.
    Maybe l have a sick sense of humour but l find this hillarious.
    l'm getting struck by lightning.[/quote]

Want to join me at the First Annual Death Hag Weenie Roast in Hell? I figure I'm headed there in a handbasket, because I, too, found this QUITE funny.

Want to bring pretzels? Beer? Marshmallows?

Dunno how much this was publicized in America, but up here in Vancouver, Robert "Willie" Pickton is currently on trial for murdering dozens of prostitutes from the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver (notoriously bad area full of homeless people, drug addicts, etc). He had a pig farm, and there are all sorts of stories about how the women were butchered, slaughtered in different ways, and how they were disposed of.

The newspapers here are calling him Canada's biggest serial killer. Very, very sick stuff has come out. The trial has been going on for most of the year, and I believe closing arguments start in about a week. The verdict will be very big news, I'm sure.

scarletfever1971 Guest
    We had one here recently in Overland Park (suburb of Kansas City) and I can remember seeing it Yahoo's front page. The Target where she was abducted was only 3 miles from where I work. It's an extremely nice area, which sadly, is probably one of the reasons it hit the national news.

No place is safe... be conscientious of your surroundings everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelsey_Smith

bunkin91 Guest
    I was a dispatcher with the Tallahassee Police Department when Ted Bundy killed the sorority sisters at FSU. I went in to work the morning of the murders at about 6a and the entire shift we fielded calls from worried parents about if their daughter was one of the ones killed. Very hectic days followed.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I was an adolescent at the time of Bundy's reign of terror in FL....living about 70 miles west of Tallahassee. It was always surprising to me that it was a number of years before the Chi Omega house was remodelled. I've often wondered if there have ever been any spirits that lingered there. Also, while in college one of my friends had gone to school in Lake City with his last known victim, she was (as I suspect many others were) disturbed that he was still filing appeals back then.

Quote Originally Posted by scarletfever1971 View Post
    We had one here recently in Overland Park (suburb of Kansas City) and I can remember seeing it Yahoo's front page. The Target where she was abducted was only 3 miles from where I work. It's an extremely nice area, which sadly, is probably one of the reasons it hit the national news.

No place is safe... be conscientious of your surroundings everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelsey_Smith
    i live in kansas too (wichita) and i heard quite a bit about the Kelsey Smith murder. that Target video had me creeped out for quite awhile. that something like that could happen in broad daylight in the middle of a busy parking lot. fucking scary.

i still wonder if Kara Kopetsky was abducted (and murdered? god forbid.) by the same man who killed Kelsey Smith.

http://www.findkarakopetsky.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch