Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Actually, it is not an opinion... It's called Malignant Narcissism. If you look it up it will say it is a mental illness, but in reality, it's not. You can't give a pill to someone and make them feel empathy towards other people. It's not possible. People need to accept that there are people out there who are just evil.
    Opinion noted.

heat123 Guest

Unfortunately, yes, they revel in these tragedies.

Quote Originally Posted by heat123 View Post

Sadly yes, they would.
    Hopefully the bikers will be there to meet them

endsleigh03 Guest
    This would be the cherry on top for those a-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    I look at these pics and I can't understand how these victims and the families can't even mourn or even get the news firsthand, without being photographed! Inappropriate.

And they said the school will re-open on Tuesday!?!? Sorry but I say open in early Jan....
    The State Police were just on tv and they said that they will not tolerate anyone bothering the families of the victims. In addition, they mentioned that they didn't know when school would be back in session. They said that it is up in the air right now with the superintendent.

I hope that they give these poor families a break and don't send anyone back until January.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

What Westboro Baptist "Church" has brought upon themselves

Wendy A. Guest
    I'm really shocked that nobody has gone and "lit them up" yet. There's a special place in hell for haters like that.

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post

Signed it. Thanks for the link!
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Signed it. Thanks for the link!

You bet! In the ten minutes since I signed there have been 1000 more signatures!

Flowergrrl Guest
    They're against abortion... Yet, support some murderous heathen who killed a bunch of innocent kids?!!

Quote Originally Posted by heat123 View Post
    To celebrate?... What is wrong with those people?!!

Boo Obama??

I'm also glad I have not shared my opinion on guns. This is a very irritable thread right now.

I think if Westboro shows up for this one it might just send people over the edge. I can't believe a parent of a soldier hasn't taken them out yet. I just don't understand all the hate and attention seeking.

Even mentioning Westboro (sorry, it will be the last time I do it) is doing the same thing mentioned earlier. If nobody gave them any attention, any news coverage, they would go away.

endsleigh03 Guest
    They aren't going away.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Thanks Kate, I also signed it, tweeted it, plastered it on FB, and emailed it to some friends

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Thanks Kate, I also signed it, tweeted it, plastered it on FB, and emailed it to some friends
    Great! I did the same!

Bidmor Guest
    The Westboro nuts...as repugnant, disgusting, and hateful as they are, the Constitution preserves their right to be repugnant and disgusting and hateful...as long as they do not violate the Constitutional rights of others. I sympathize with the actions of anti-Westboro bikers and "angel sheets", and what they do is protected by the Constitution also.

There is no provision for thought police in the Constitution.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 12-16-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Signed and forwarded to friends. Thanks for the link.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I would boo him because he daily sends our sons and daughters to other countries to die for reasons he is unable to explain.
    That's fine and obviously your right as an American, but I don't know that his visit to mourn dead children is the time to be making a point. I see the connection, the irony, whatever it would be called, etc.. but in this instance I think it would be more disrespectful to the parents whose children were lost in this particular tragedy. There's a time and a place, I guess is what I'm getting at. But again, we are a free country with freedom of speech. But that doesn't mean it's always the best time to express it. My opinion, of course.

Flowergrrl Guest
    http://news.yahoo.com/connecticut-su...155145415.html

They'll be going to a vacant school in a neighboring location.

discod Guest
    We do have the right to bear arms. It's OUR second amendment. I think it's wrong of you to blast the members of this site and MY country during a time of mourning. I've never butted my nose into UK laws and whatnot. And yes, children have a right to go to school and be safe. I couldn't agree more. Taking away our guns will only make matters worse. I'll say this until the day I die... and I could care less if anyone disagrees.. it's my opinion and I'm entitled so here it is.. ARM the teachers, and any adult working in the school! I'd be more apt to think someone like the piece of shit that shot all those kids would re-think going into a school and doing this if he knew before hand that the adults were armed and trained to prevent him from carrying out his goals. It's no longer worth his wile.. Ya sure don't hear about fuckers going into a gun or hunting clubs and doing this do ya? If I can trust these adults to educate my children, and be with them 8 hours a day while I am not with them, I sure don't have a problem with them having a gun to protect my kids while they are with them. I would sleep a little better at night knowing they were armed.
    I wonder if it was a child of yours shot down in cold blood that you would have the same views?? I think our UK laws suck big time also so you have no argument with me there and I was merely making a point I did not attack anyone from the site I was speaking in general.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    That's fine and obviously your right as an American, but I don't know that his visit to mourn dead children is the time to be making a point. I see the connection, the irony, whatever it would be called, etc.. but in this instance I think it would be more disrespectful to the parents whose children were lost in this particular tragedy. There's a time and a place, I guess is what I'm getting at. But again, we are a free country with freedom of speech. But that doesn't mean it's always the best time to express it. My opinion, of course.
    Out of respect for the families I would not boo but IMO anyone that sends our sons and daughters off to get slaughtered has no business addressing this issue.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Makes me think of that Don Henley song "Dirty Laundry"
    I can't get over how they were interviewing the kids after it happened. Fuckin' sicko's! Anything for ratings.
    My sister and I can't get over this interviewing of the children. Why are the parents allowing it?
    These children just went though hell? And It could have been any one of them.
    I heard that the Principal actually threw on the PA system in order to give the other teachers and children a chance
    to get away!
    This Principal is one brave woman and smart to boot. May she rest in peace!
    Last edited by MoonRabbit; 12-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.

ryanolivia Guest
    Out of respect for the families I would not boo but IMO anyone that sends our sons and daughters off to get slaughtered has no business addressing this issue.
    Wasn't the war well underway when Obama took office?

ITA. This is not a political stop. He's there for the families. I would expect and appreciate that from any President.
    Cindy

I totally see your point, but the one difference is that the military is voluntary and these children were simply going to kindergarten. I'm not debating or saying the wars we are involved in are correct, just pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post
    Wasn't the war well underway when Obama took office?
    Yes, I have no idea how that absolves Obama for the last 4 years though. I would hold the same opinion if Bush was going to address the issue.

I totally see your point, but the one difference is that the military is voluntary and these children were simply going to kindergarten. I'm not debating or saying the wars we are involved in are correct, just pointing that out.
    That point is certainly not one to argue when it seems we may agree with the larger point.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    I wonder if it was a child of yours shot down in cold blood that you would have the same views?? I think our UK laws suck big time also so you have no argument with me there and I was merely making a point I did not attack anyone from the site I was speaking in general.
    Yes, I would have the same views. The shooter did not legally obtain the guns. The only people who even obey those "gun free zone" laws are law abiding citizens. We need to find a way to get the guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. It took me a month I think to get my permit to carry, I had to write a letter as to why I wanted one.. I'd bet everything I own that I could go to a bad area here in town, find a gang member with a gun, and they won't have a permit and the gun will not be registered to them. Just sayin'

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Actually, it is not an opinion... It's called Malignant Narcissism. If you look it up it will say it is a mental illness, but in reality, it's not. You can't give a pill to someone and make them feel empathy towards other people. It's not possible. People need to accept that there are people out there who are just evil.
    There's no magic cure at all, contrary to some popular beliefs. Disorders such as narcissism are often developed in early childhood and usually die with the host.

Won't Obama's prescence at this memorial turn it into more of a media circus?

More cameras, more reporters, Secret Service, on and on.

I can understand his wanting to be there; but maybe these folks just need to know that the rest of us grieve for and with them, and that they can grieve without being in the public eye.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Not to minimize this atrocity, but CNN online has already resurrected gun control issue...they just couldn't wait a day or so.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14...ool/?hpt=hp_t1
    That's the propaganda arm of the commiecrat party for ya. What they OUGHT to be bitching about is hospitalizing lunatics instead of letting them roam among the rest of us. There are enough controls on guns. Our rights have already been abridged enough. The left might as well have placed targets on these kids, with their hard on about "gun free zones." Hey if a couple of teachers had guns with them, they might have mitigated this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Won't Obama's prescence at this memorial turn it into more of a media circus?

More cameras, more reporters, Secret Service, on and on.

Thank you! probably a publicity stunt on his part to make himself look better.

PurrPurr Guest
    While it sounds like an ideal plan to house "lunatics," it's unbelievably expensive in the long term.

In the 1960's and 1970's, when institutionalizing was more common, it was difficult to identify anyone who would become violent from those who were on the "weird" side, but didn't pose a danger to anyone and who probably never would. As a result, more people were confined than necessary. Costs rose as a result. Unfortunately, it all comes back to money, and de-institutionalization began taking place in the 1980's, because it was more "cost effective" to have them seen as outpatients at community clinics. It was decided that spending all that money to lock up so many people, when only a tiny portion of them would ever be violent, but many results turned out to be disastrous. This mass shooting, to name one.

I just saw on CNN that one of the kids that didn't get killed from one of those classroom wanted to get into the service and see the President but couldn't because it was already full. Wtf is that about? They should be the second people allowed into a prayer service for their dead classmates and teachers after their families. Joe Lieberman certainly doesn't need to be there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I just saw on CNN that one of the kids that didn't get killed from one of those classroom wanted to get into the service and see the President but couldn't because it was already full. Wtf is that about? They should be the second people allowed into a prayer service for their dead classmates and teachers after their families. Joe Lieberman certainly doesn't need to be there.
    I would have thought the kid would have got to meet the President.. That's sad they couldn't even get in.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Thank you! probably a publicity stunt on his part to make himself look better.
    Yeah; probably; but it could still be an altruistic demonstration of our national support for these folks in an moment of endless pain.

I'd let them grieve within their own community and families; not some national forum.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I didn’t know your name,
    I never saw your face,
    I never got to see you smile,
    or get to watch you play.
    I never got to walk with you
    or watch you board the bus,
    I never got to kiss your head
    and tell you that you’re loved.

Take peace now, innocent one,
    worry not yourself,
    For it is in the arms of a nation,
    your love can now be felt.
    We may never understand the evil,
    which struck your life today,
    But know that through remembrance,
    you’re never far away.

‘Tis your turn now, our little ones,
    To smile down from above,
    Kiss mommy, kiss daddy,
    Tell them it’s okay,
    and they are forever loved.

Now in peaceful rest, may you take,
    your place amongst the stars.
    Your memory never forgotten,
    always safe, kept in our hearts.
    It is with a solemn duty,
    to you we make this vow,
    To find the evil you met today,
    And with vengeance strike it down.

~~To the memory of all 27 of the innocent lives lost today at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, with special dedication to the children. A nation mourns your loss, our thoughts and prayers to your families and your community. May you all rest in peace.
    Last edited by Dangitbawb; 12-16-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Can't say I disagree with him. You guys are always saying it's "not the right time" to talk about gun control... and you never do anything about it.

It's time.
    The fuck it is. How about dealing with the real issue. Which is allowing lunatics to roam free instead of hospitalizing them. Cold day in hell before Americans hand over their guns to the govt. People are ignoring that this school, like so many other places, is a gun free zone. Demanded by commicrats. You might as well have put a target on the front door. Wait, you did!

carrieanne Guest
    From what I've read so far, this kid would not have been targeted as mentally ill. Autistic children have learning disabilities, NOT mental illness, and it has never been associated with violence! Asberger's syndrome is associated with a certain remoteness from people (think Sheldon from "Big Bang theory - he's supposed to have it) NOT violence. There was no indication he would have been institutionalized even in the past. Unless he had a mental illness along with his autism, autism alone is NOT a mental illness. It makes kids "different" enough that former classmates would say he was "different" or "off". That does not mean "violent", as a matter of fact when pressed they say he was not violent. I'm getting really upset at the implication that "autism" equals "mental illness" arising on my facebook page and elsewhere.

sablegsd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    While it sounds like an ideal plan to house "lunatics," it's unbelievably expensive in the long term.

In the 1960's and 1970's, when institutionalizing was more common, it was difficult to identify anyone who would become violent from those who were on the "weird" side, but didn't pose a danger to anyone and who probably never would. As a result, more people were confined than necessary. Costs rose as a result. Unfortunately, it all comes back to money, and de-institutionalization began taking place in the 1980's, because it was more "cost effective" to have them seen as outpatients at community clinics. It was decided that spending all that money to lock up so many people, when only a tiny portion of them would ever be violent, but many results turned out to be disastrous. This mass shooting, to name one.
    Cut all foreign aid. Get the un out and us out of the un. Cut the lunatics in govt.'s pay and bennies. Kill all the alphabet agencies. Plenty of money to run mental hospitals.
    But nooooo, commiecrats want to use EVERY time something like this happens as an end run to confiscating our guns.
    And holder and ovomit, being co-conspirators to mass murder really ought to keep their fucking mouths shut.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I didn’t know your name,
    I never saw your face,

worry not yourself,
    you’re never far away.

Kiss mommy, kiss daddy,
    Tell them it’s okay,

to you we make this vow,

~~To the memory of all 27 of the innocent lives lost today at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, with special dedication to the children. A nation mourns your loss, our thoughts and prayers to your families and your community. May you all rest in peace.
    Thank you for sharing that!

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I didn’t know your name,
    I never saw your face,

worry not yourself,
    you’re never far away.

Kiss mommy, kiss daddy,
    Tell them it’s okay,

to you we make this vow,

That brought a tear to my eye. Thank you. <3

You know, we can point fingers at many factors as possible, but at the end of the day, 27 people are still dead, 20 of them kids whose lives should have been beginning instead of ending. The first of the funerals is tomorrow. I'm sure many did not envision their holiday season to end up like this. I feel horrible for them.

Quote Originally Posted by carrieanne View Post
    From what I've read so far, this kid would not have been targeted as mentally ill. Autistic children have learning disabilities, NOT mental illness, and it has never been associated with violence! Asberger's syndrome is associated with a certain remoteness from people (think Sheldon from "Big Bang theory - he's supposed to have it) NOT violence. There was no indication he would have been institutionalized even in the past. Unless he had a mental illness along with his autism, autism alone is NOT a mental illness. It makes kids "different" enough that former classmates would say he was "different" or "off". That does not mean "violent", as a matter of fact when pressed they say he was not violent. I'm getting really upset at the implication that "autism" equals "mental illness" arising on my facebook page and elsewhere.
    Thank you and well put. Just to add something. People with Asperger's are typically victims of bad treatment and sometimes violence at a young age because they are different than others. This tends to make them shy away from confrontation and violence. Relieve pain and not cause it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    What a surprise that a thread about brutally murdered children turns into political rants. Not

As a parent of a sixteen-year-old son diagnosed with Asperger's, I truly appreciate your posts to create understanding of this condition. My son cried yesterday over the shootings, and today my husband and I had to sit him down and tell him there might be a backlash against those with Asperger's as there have been some reports that the shooter had Asperger's. More tears.

Asperger's is not typically linked with violence. In our experience with our son, just the opposite. Here's an article that addressed Asperger's and violence. In particular, this quote from the article really mirrors our experience:

"It is a very human experience that when you cannot explain how you are feeling, that you will then act out in frustration, anger, and aggression. But, it is not consistent with the diagnosis that you would plan and execute a crime like we saw here."

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...olence-experts

Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    What a surprise that a thread about brutally murdered children turns into political rants. Not
    Thank you Mammy.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/...html?hpt=hp_c2
    Tributes to the victims. If it's been posted before I apologise.

I too hope the media walk away from the Asperger's Syndrome angle. It had nothing to do with what this man did. Children and adults who have this are not violent and should not be grouped in with this man.
    Last edited by SheeBee; 12-16-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: added Asperger comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Yes, I think most of us here just want time to grieve. Maybe we didn't personally know them, but we feel their unfathomable pain. I'm not prone to showing emotions and yet I well up every time I think about those little precious babies. And the families that have to bury those innocent victims, I doubt they're even thinking about gun control at the moment. Anger, sadness, and real tears. Not handling this well at all...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Mammy Guest
    Thanks for the link, SheeBee. Such innocent little babies. I'll never understand tragedies like this.

Wendy A. Guest
    I hope the media will stop showing info and pics of the killer, and focus more on the victims.