Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

MrsE1981 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    I'm trying to understand this... so ... if a serial killer is out on the lose, the tvs would be turned off, news would be off..... wouldn't "turning off the news" just make this situation worse? How are we supposed to know about a serial killer????? Just wait for the next victims, but keep it all quiet because we don't want to scare anyone ????? That really does not do us any good but please explain.

And lets say we have an idea of who this serial killer is.....then what? We just follow him around??? Keep it quiet all because the town will get scared of a man who is taking lives...???

I think the call should be for more responsible, rather than sensationalist, reporting. It's a vicious circle because as long as people are watching, things won't change. But people need to know what's going on and the news is the first thing we check. Even if the coverage is irresponsible, intrusive and generally shit

discod Guest
    and still you will insist you have the right to own guns..Im sorry USA I think your gun laws suck big time and the laws should be reviewed NOW!!! Those poor children had the right to go to school and be safe but no yet AGAIN another nut decides he has the right to go and kill...absolutely terrible

carrieanne Guest
    So many things not adding up. I've never seen a story with so much misinformation. First his mom was a teacher at the school, then she might have been a sub, now we know she never worked there. First there was a body found in N.J., then there was no such body. We heard he may have been in an altercation at the school, now, no, he was not involved in any altercation. We SAW a gun being removed from his trunk, yet we are told that he took the 3 registered guns his mom owned and that he brought 3 guns into the school. Then what was that one in the trunk?? We hear that he was very bright, probably asbergers, but nothing out of the ordinary as far as being troubled. Never ever had he shown a violent tendency. We are desperately trying to find evidence that someone "should have known" but there is absolutley nothing that would make anyone think this "polite, although remote" boy had any sort of a violent streak. His mother used to take her boys shooting as a hobby - there was nothing wrong with that and no indication that it could lead to anything horrible! She was worried (probably in a small way) that something like an economic collapse could happen and having the guns made her feel safer, but there's no indication that she was a doomsday prepper waiting for the end of the world.

I think if any of us or any of our children did something this horrible, they would find some evidence that we or they were "troubled" and people around us "should have known".

In the meantime, I can't sleep. I keep thinking of a first grade class full of innocents looking forward to Christmas. I keep thinking of families who will forever be unable to truly enjoy Christmas no matter how much time has gone by, maybe even me. I keep thinking of 3 to 11 shots per child and what the first responders must have seen, unprepared. I keep crying at the most unopportune times, like on my way to work, and keep thinking, how can people smile and laugh?? Can't listen to holiday songs, can't look at the tree, don't want to wrap presents. I live in CT and wonder if that's why it feels so "personal", and then I think, but it IS personal, to every single human being. I have no more words.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Does anyone here have any other info on the Emile Parker fund that was set up on Facebook?

I checked the site and it doesn't say where or for what that money will go. Funeral expenses? A memorial in her name? To help the other families also?

Not liking this so far.....not trying to be mean but it would be better if they said what it was for because there are a lot of other families involved here who may need help.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 12-16-2012 at 04:58 AM.

carrieanne Guest
    Her aunt said the money is to transport Emilie and her family to where they are from (I forget where, Utah maybe?) because they want to bury her there. They have only lived in Newtown CT for less than a year. However I would prefer donating to a fund for all the victims' families, I'm sure they will all need something, god knows it won't bring their loved ones back but it seems like the only thing we can do for them.

Why are people demonizing the decision for a parent to homeschool their child? Is it because it's something you aren't familiar with? Do you believe it's only for "socially awkward" kids? I have been wondering why it seems necessary to use derisively say the child is homeschooled as it's a dark, "evil" decision for a parent to make?
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

It looks like Nancy Lanza was never a teacher, she worked in finance and then gave it up to care for Adam (snipped fromCBS 6) Nancy Lanza had earlier worked in finance in Boston and Connecticut, said a friend who knew her well but who didnā??t want her name published. Nancy Lanza had retired or was on a break from her career, but she was not a teacher, the friend said.

And they had divorced in 2008 they had been seperated for years
    http://gothamist.com/2012/12/15/father_of_alleged_ct_mass_school_sh.php

Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post
    This is a blog I go to for bread recipes. Her grandson was a victim and he was a twin.

http://www.farine-mc.com/
    Oh, how absolutely horrible! It is something how it affects everyone. This was such a small community and we grieve for everyone involved.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    and still you will insist you have the right to own guns..Im sorry USA I think your gun laws suck big time and the laws should be reviewed NOW!!! Those poor children had the right to go to school and be safe but no yet AGAIN another nut decides he has the right to go and kill...absolutely terrible
    We do have the right to bear arms. It's OUR second amendment. I think it's wrong of you to blast the members of this site and MY country during a time of mourning. I've never butted my nose into UK laws and whatnot. And yes, children have a right to go to school and be safe. I couldn't agree more. Taking away our guns will only make matters worse. I'll say this until the day I die... and I could care less if anyone disagrees.. it's my opinion and I'm entitled so here it is.. ARM the teachers, and any adult working in the school! I'd be more apt to think someone like the piece of shit that shot all those kids would re-think going into a school and doing this if he knew before hand that the adults were armed and trained to prevent him from carrying out his goals. It's no longer worth his wile.. Ya sure don't hear about fuckers going into a gun or hunting clubs and doing this do ya? If I can trust these adults to educate my children, and be with them 8 hours a day while I am not with them, I sure don't have a problem with them having a gun to protect my kids while they are with them. I would sleep a little better at night knowing they were armed.
    Last edited by Wendy A.; 12-16-2012 at 07:02 AM.

pwem Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Does anyone here have any other info on the Emile Parker fund that was set up on Facebook?

I checked the site and it doesn't say where or for what that money will go. Funeral expenses? A memorial in her name? To help the other families also?

Not liking this so far.....not trying to be mean but it would be better if they said what it was for because there are a lot of other families involved here who may need help.
    Holy cow, people are sending money? What the hell for?

There is no need to send a dime. Absolutely no way! Don't let mass hysteria over-rule your commonsense. These families don't need your money or your attention.

I guess what really gets me angry is all of the misinformation given out by the media. I have watched television and flat out heard reporters say, "The mother was a teacher at this school and the son killed here there. Then he killed her Kindergarten class." If you don't have all of the facts correct, why say anything at all? Those statements were coming from one of the big news stations - CNN, FOX, MSNBC - I don't remember which one. Why not just say, "It has not yet been confirmed?"
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

pwem Guest
    Because they need to feed the frenzy. They need to constantly keep up the panic level so we will watch. It all comes down to ratings, advertising, and MONEY!

I am sharing this story because I am Adam Lanza's mother. I am Dylan Klebold's and Eric Harris's mother. I am Jason Holmes's mother. I am Jared Loughner's mother. I am Seung-Hui Cho's mother. And these boys—and their mothers—need help. In the wake of another horrific national tragedy, it’s easy to talk about guns. But it’s time to talk about mental illness.

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/12/15/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    Because they need to feed the frenzy. They need to constantly keep up the panic level so we will watch. It all comes down to ratings, advertising, and MONEY!
    You're right on! It's sickening. Now they are coming our with details of how he did it, and how many times they were shot. We don't need to know this. I don't want to know any of it. Is it not bad enough for some people and the media that they have to do this? I can't believe how the media is knocking on the doors of the families of these people wanting interviews! OMG there is no respect anymore. It's all about ratings.. I am sick of hearing the shooters name and seeing his face. I think most recognize it and his picture.. what about the victims? How many people can pick out the pictures of the children involved out of kids not? Or recognize their names? Or know about their lives, and what kinda people there were? Not very many. The gory details does nothing but upset us sane normal folks and it sets the bar higher for the next nut-job that comes down the pike to top it. This is also the media's fault. Hell, I was trying to find out info about the victims, and it was impossible to do without first hearing all about the shooter. The media needs to stop giving attention to the perpetrators of these crimes and focus more on the victims.

John*thomas I agree, it's time to start talking about mental illness. Maybe there needs to be more done for people suffering from it.
    Last edited by Wendy A.; 12-16-2012 at 08:04 AM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieanne View Post
    Her aunt said the money is to transport Emilie and her family to where they are from (I forget where, Utah maybe?) because they want to bury her there. They have only lived in Newtown CT for less than a year. However I would prefer donating to a fund for all the victims' families, I'm sure they will all need something, god knows it won't bring their loved ones back but it seems like the only thing we can do for them.
    Thanks for the info.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    We do have the right to bear arms. It's OUR second amendment. I think it's wrong of you to blast the members of this site and MY country during a time of mourning. I've never butted my nose into UK laws and whatnot. And yes, children have a right to go to school and be safe. I couldn't agree more. Taking away our guns will only make matters worse. I'll say this until the day I die... and I could care less if anyone disagrees.. it's my opinion and I'm entitled so here it is.. ARM the teachers, and any adult working in the school! I'd be more apt to think someone like the piece of shit that shot all those kids would re-think going into a school and doing this if he knew before hand that the adults were armed and trained to prevent him from carrying out his goals. It's no longer worth his wile.. Ya sure don't hear about fuckers going into a gun or hunting clubs and doing this do ya? If I can trust these adults to educate my children, and be with them 8 hours a day while I am not with them, I sure don't have a problem with them having a gun to protect my kids while they are with them. I would sleep a little better at night knowing they were armed.
    I agree with most of what you said. However, I think having the teachers armed is too much of a responsibility being placed on them. They have enough things to worry about, and in a crisis situation... Even a citizen who practices shooting on a regular basis, are they REALLY going to be able to handle a serious confrontation with someone who is loaded with semi-automatic weapons, and wearing a bullet-proof vest, etc? I highly doubt it. Then there is the added responsibility of making sure the gun is easily accessible, yet, that the children are in no way capable of coming in contact with it. They should have a police officer, a military or security officer... Someone who is trained to deal with an escalated situation, placed in these schools, keep the doors locked, install metal detectors. A student could just as easily bring a gun into the school and shoot people.

pwem Guest
    I just don't understand why the first thing people think of in a tragedy is to get out their cheque books. This happened during 9/11. There was no need for one dime to be donated and yet millions rolled in funding modern dance schools in Harlem among other ridonkulous things.

The victim's families don't need a cent. They are among the most affluent people in the country and they can take care of their own. They need peace and privacy not handouts.

At this time I shudder to think of the lawsuits being planned and the army of lawyers deep in self pleasure.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    I agree with most of what you said. However, I think having the teachers armed is too much of a responsibility being placed on them. They have enough things to worry about, and in a crisis situation... Even a citizen who practices shooting on a regular basis, are they REALLY going to be able to handle a serious confrontation with someone who is loaded with semi-automatic weapons, and wearing a bullet-proof vest, etc? I highly doubt it. Then there is the added responsibility of making sure the gun is easily accessible, yet, that the children are in no way capable of coming in contact with it. They should have a police officer, a military or security officer... Someone who is trained to deal with an escalated situation, placed in these schools, keep the doors locked, install metal detectors. A student could just as easily bring a gun into the school and shoot people.
    Good point. They need to have somebody or somebodies armed in the schools to take the lure of sitting ducks, easy targets and all the "glory" they see in it away. We must do something to send a message that if you go to a school to do this, you will not be successful. That's all I really want to see. I want them to see a school as somewhere where they won't be able to go in and do that.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I am sharing this story because I am Adam Lanza's mother. I am Dylan Klebold's and Eric Harris's mother. I am Jason Holmes's mother. I am Jared Loughner's mother. I am Seung-Hui Cho's mother. And these boys—and their mothers—need help. In the wake of another horrific national tragedy, it’s easy to talk about guns. But it’s time to talk about mental illness.

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/12/15/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother
    Murder is based on one thing- Narcissism. This person wronged ME... So, I'm going to kill them. I have a bad life... So, I'm going to take it out on other people. I need money... So, I'm going to kill my spouse for their life insurance. If mental illness were the reason, then everyone with mental illness would be committing these crimes.

Ok, I guess when it comes to donating to help the victims, I think it best for them to have privacy for now. This is an affluent community, so they have money. They need our love and support. I am sure that they are very grateful for all of the prayers given to them from around the world.

I am a Kindergarten teacher. I do not want to have a gun in my classroom. These children know right from wrong to a certain point, but I would be a nervous wreck with the knowledge that I have something that could kill any of them sitting in my classroom. I am still placing Lysol spray and other poisons high up on a shelf hidden from the kids. I just would not feel at all comfortable with a gun. Security officers - we used to have them. Now, it all comes down to money. We are told that we do not have the money to fund them.

I did see very early on (Friday afternoonish) that people were donating stuffed animals and toys to the shelters where they were keeping the kids. I thought that was nice.
    Not money though. Getting financial assistance just because my kid was murdered would probably make me sick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

ryanolivia Guest
    I just don't understand why the first thing people think of in a tragedy is to get out their cheque books. This happened during 9/11. There was no need for one dime to be donated and yet millions rolled in funding modern dance schools in Harlem among other ridonkulous things.

The victim's families don't need a cent. They are among the most affluent people in the country and they can take care of their own. They need peace and privacy not handouts.

At this time I shudder to think of the lawsuits being planned and the army of lawyers deep in self pleasure.
    Sorry, but how do you know what these people need or don't need? I live in one of the most affluent cities in CA. If I had to bury one of my children tomorrow, I couldn't afford it. Besides, these people are in more pain than most of us can even imagine. Should they now have a many thousand dollar funeral expense to further brighten their day? If people want to do a little something to lighten their burden, just a little bit. Why begrudge them that?

pwem Guest
    Just waiting to see how long it takes the press to put forth the meaningless and inevitable phrase "Every one of these children was a hero".

I guess at this point, people don't know what to say. Everyone is still in shock. It is such a hurtful situation. I just hope that those newshounds don't go knocking on the victims' families' doors and ask, "How do you feel about this?"

pwem Guest
    Sorry, but how do you know what these people need or don't need? I live in one of the most affluent cities in CA. If I had to bury one of my children tomorrow, I couldn't afford it. Besides, these people are in more pain than most of us can even imagine. Should they now have a many thousand dollar funeral expense to further brighten their day? If people want to do a little something to lighten their burden, just a little bit. Why begrudge them that?
    Living in an affluent community they are sure to be able to afford a funeral. Besides that they have insurance no doubt. Besides that if they are in such dire straits a church, the city, or relatives will help out. If not that the funeral homes will probably donate everything.

There are times when giving money is neither wanted nor appropriate. No one is going to be "lightening their burden" by sending in a cheque. You don't lessen this kind of pain by throwing a fiver in the pot.

To me the phenomena of giving money when something like this happens is all about the giver and not about who it is given to and in what spirit.

I can't tell anyone here what to do. I am just trying to understand the correlation between unspeakable tragedy, money, and self serving behaviour.

I really think the news and media should let the families mourn in private after the fact but turning off the news during something like this is...like beating a dead horse. Pointless.
    And I know the newspapers have a job to do but taking photos during this time!? Really really inappropriate.

So I just read a man was arrested and this is Breaking News after making threats to shoot at a nearby elementary school. He had 47 guns. I don't know to post the link here because its not the CT story...People are so stupid & its not going to change. This was in Cedar Lake, IN.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.

ryanolivia Guest
    Well, one family is asking for donations so they can transport their daughter, to their home state for burial. In that case, I am pretty sure the donations are wanted and appreciated.

"Hell now has one less empty seat." - Ole Magnuson, 1994.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

I look at these pics and I can't understand how these victims and the families can't even mourn or even get the news firsthand, without being photographed! Inappropriate.

And they said the school will re-open on Tuesday!?!? Sorry but I say open in early Jan....
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-16-2012 at 09:45 AM.

I think they should definitely wait until after the New Year to continue classes. At least let them have a nice holiday before they have to go back and relive that morning again. I'd be curious to know how many kids end up going back to that school, or even to school again. I don't know if I could send my child back after that.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I remember when my son was in Kindergarten. They were so little, so adorable and sweet. They would have been making Christmas cards to bring home to give to grandma and grandpa, mom and dad. Another day, they would be making a decoration to bring home and put on the Christmas tree... All excited, and looking forward to their Christmas holiday that was getting ready to start.

I agree with Magnus- Hell does have one less empty seat.

I could not agree more. I come from a community that rallies for victims and survivors. If this family is asking for help then they need it. I'm sure it's not easy to ask. They just want to take their baby home. What's the problem?
    I am the king of all things stupid!

so they go back for 1 week before their christmas break?? Why not just have break right now & then go back in mid Jan....4 days is not enough time for a 6 year old to comprehend and heal from this.
    I wouldn't want my kid going back. If I could I would move outta that town

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    I think they should definitely wait until after the New Year to continue classes. At least let them have a nice holiday before they have to go back and relive that morning again. I'd be curious to know how many kids end up going back to that school, or even to school again. I don't know if I could send my child back after that.
    Trust me, if I had a kid, he'd get home schooled after this.

Actually if the kids stayed there, I think it may be theraputic for them to see each other and bond closer. Definately get a child therapist there too but it might be good for them to stay and see each other & make a connection with each other instead of moving to a totally new school where he/she does not know anyone at all.

pwem Guest
    Actually if the kids stayed there, I think it may be theraputic for them to see each other and bond closer. Definately get a child therapist there too but it might be good for them to stay and see each other & make a connection with each other instead of moving to a totally new school where he/she does not know anyone at all.
    I agree with you completely. I think they need to get back to routine and normalcy as soon as possible. Being isolated with fearful, angry, grieving adults is not going to be healthy.

I agree with you completely. I think they need to get back to routine and normalcy as soon as possible. Being isolated with fearful, angry, grieving adults is not going to be healthy.
    Thank you. Thats right although now that I think of it, I'm sure neighboring towns around Newtown/ towns Ct are going to be just as supportive & helping as any so either way, make new friends and they will still bond and make that connection. But better to stay and have that bond at such a young age.

pwem Guest
    Thank you. Thats right although now that I think of it, I'm sure neighboring towns around Newtown/ towns Ct are going to be just as supportive & helping as any so either way, make new friends and they will still bond and make that connection. But better to stay and have that bond at such a young age.
    I remember craving the company of my friends when things got too rough in the world. Maybe some people underestimate the comfort and healing power of peers no matter what age.

Yes, I actually was once a child

Murder is based on one thing- Narcissism. This person wronged ME... So, I'm going to kill them. I have a bad life... So, I'm going to take it out on other people. I need money... So, I'm going to kill my spouse for their life insurance. If mental illness were the reason, then everyone with mental illness would be committing these crimes.
    Obviously this person was different than most other people. Obviously the kid in the article has mental issues. I'm not sure where the connect and defense comes in that anyone is claiming that all people with issues are the same.

I believe the point made in the article is a good one.

And while we are on the subject, kids are blaming their parents for not being good parents, being deadbeat alcoholics, not being there, etc. and parents are blaming the kids for being spoiled, rotten kids growing up and complaining that they are the worst kids ever... Its a case of which came first the chicken or the egg.

Its not so black & white what causes violence, murder. There are a lot of things that are involved & its not video games and tv because I watch plenty of tv and I don't feel the urge to kill innocent children. And I play my wii and I don't get the feeling that I am a useless POS. Take away medication? Well thats just fine & dandy but the people who actually need medication are no longer getting better.
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-16-2012 at 12:17 PM.

The church in town had to be evacuated this morning, due to a threat. Where are these nuts coming from?

http://m.nbcconnecticut.com/nbcconne...tguid=OmSTlym4

Flowergrrl Guest
    Obviously this person was different than most other people. Obviously the kid in the article has mental issues. I'm not sure where the connect and defense comes in that anyone is claiming that all people with issues are the same.

I believe the point made in the article is a good one.
    All murders, whether it be a parent murdering their child, gang violence, serial killers, and this... Are based on narcissism. If this was just based on depression, he would have stayed at home and killed himself. I think Schizophrenia, would be one example of having a mental illness that could contribute to violence. None of these people displayed signs of Schizophrenia though.

Wendy A. Guest
    I don't think I could send my kids back to that school after any amount of time.. its not that I worry about it happening again, its the daily reminder me & mine would have.

All murders, whether it be a parent murdering their child, gang violence, serial killers, and this... Are based on narcissism.
    Opinion noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I don't think I could send my kids back to that school after any amount of time.. its not that I worry about it happening again, its the daily reminder me & mine would have.
    of course not, 4 days is not a sufficient time! They want to re-open just not even an effin week after!?! Its not like the kids witnessed another kid get sick in class....

Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    Making guns illegal will not stop thing like this from happening. Our drug laws are pretty tight yet we still have epidemics of heroin, cocaine and meth use. They are completely illegal, and yet people still do them in huge numbers. Even if we outlawed guns completely if someone wanted to do this they would find a way. The people who would follow gun laws are not the people I'm worried about anyway...

Living in an affluent community they are sure to be able to afford a funeral. Besides that they have insurance no doubt. Besides that if they are in such dire straits a church, the city, or relatives will help out. If not that the funeral homes will probably donate everything.

There are times when giving money is neither wanted nor appropriate. No one is going to be "lightening their burden" by sending in a cheque. You don't lessen this kind of pain by throwing a fiver in the pot.

To me the phenomena of giving money when something like this happens is all about the giver and not about who it is given to and in what spirit.

I can't tell anyone here what to do. I am just trying to understand the correlation between unspeakable tragedy, money, and self serving behaviour.
    I have to respectfully disagree. Like ryanolivia said, I also lived in a very affluent community in California, where movie stars lived, and I lived well, but if I had suddenly had to bury one of my children it would have been a burden on me financially, as well as the fact that I would probably have to take a prolonged leave of absence from work that would leave me without income. Also, I don't know how many people have life insurance on a 6 year old child? Maybe in CT but I've never known anyone to do that so I don't think it's a given. I agree that they would probably have stuff donated to them if they really couldn't afford it but I don't think people sending money is a bad thing, as long as it's used responsibly by people who truly need it. And I don't think people are sending it thinking it's going to help with the pain of losing their child... it might well go to help them not have to worry about something else.

not to get too political but I hope the town of Newtown boos President Obama while he gets off the plane & visits.

And while we are on the subject, kids are blaming their parents for not being good parents, being deadbeat alcoholics, not being there, etc. and parents are blaming the kids for being spoiled, rotten kids growing up and complaining that they are the worst kids ever... Its a case of which came first the chicken or the egg.

Its not so black & white what causes violence, murder. There are a lot of things that are involved & its not video games and tv because I watch plenty of tv and I don't feel the urge to kill innocent children. And I play my wii and I don't get the feeling that I am a useless POS. Take away medication? Well thats just fine & dandy but the people who actually need medication are no longer getting better.
    Why is this? Is there something he did that I missed? I am genuinely curious why they would boo him?

endsleigh03 Guest
    People donate money when they are watching this kind of horror unroll and there is nothing else they can do to help. It's about shared grief and empathy.

As far as the president goes, there is no connection. That's a little Westboro. He's had to do this before, it goes with the job.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Making guns illegal will not stop thing like this from happening. Our drug laws are pretty tight yet we still have epidemics of heroin, cocaine and meth use. They are completely illegal, and yet people still do them in huge numbers. Even if we outlawed guns completely if someone wanted to do this they would find a way. The people who would follow gun laws are not the people I'm worried about anyway...

I have to respectfully disagree. Like ryanolivia said, I also lived in a very affluent community in California, where movie stars lived, and I lived well, but if I had suddenly had to bury one of my children it would have been a burden on me financially, as well as the fact that I would probably have to take a prolonged leave of absence from work that would leave me without income. Also, I don't know how many people have life insurance on a 6 year old child? Maybe in CT but I've never known anyone to do that so I don't think it's a given. I agree that they would probably have stuff donated to them if they really couldn't afford it but I don't think people sending money is a bad thing, as long as it's used responsibly by people who truly need it. And I don't think people are sending it thinking it's going to help with the pain of losing their child... it might well go to help them not have to worry about something else.

Why is this? Is there something he did that I missed? I am genuinely curious why they would boo him?
    He did nothing
    I have found that this type of hatred has more to do with the person who hates than the hated

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I would boo him because he daily sends our sons and daughters to other countries to die for reasons he is unable to explain.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Opinion noted.
    Actually, it is not an opinion... It's called Malignant Narcissism. If you look it up it will say it is a mental illness, but in reality, it's not. You can't give a pill to someone and make them feel empathy towards other people. It's not possible. People need to accept that there are people out there who are just evil.