Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    There's no magic cure at all, contrary to some popular beliefs. Disorders such as narcissism are often developed in early childhood and usually die with the host.
    Totally agree with you PurrPurr! I also agree with there needing to be serious provisions in the mental health field- The lack of empathy by doctors and Psychologists, the cost of medicine, the cost of hospitalization and treatment. More definitely needs to be done. Many people have to deal with mental illness... And they all deserve to receive the proper treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    Thank you! probably a publicity stunt on his part to make himself look better.
    He has two young daughters... He would be cold-hearted to not be affected in some way, as a father, by this tragedy.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I hope the media will stop showing info and pics of the killer, and focus more on the victims.
    ^^
    This. It's time to focus on the youngsters and the six adults who died unnecessarily.

nancy was known as a "prepper" - too much alex jones and coast to coast

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-collapse.html

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Even mentioning Westboro (sorry, it will be the last time I do it) is doing the same thing mentioned earlier. If nobody gave them any attention, any news coverage, they would go away.

..and it works too !! Happened in Aurora. Westboro mentioned on their website they will be in town to protest only for the Denver stations making a pact NOT to give them any coverage. No shows !! Dittos in Winchester, Virginia with the Roe Family....

http://www.maryland-law.com/blog/fam...d-with-dui.cfm

Westboro mentioned on their website they will protest that service as well..once the local Winchester media mentioned no air time will be given to them...they didn't bother making that trip to Virginia.

i am still just heart broken. i just cant imagine the terror those babies went thru. fucking fucking asshole!!

ryanolivia Guest
    If you live in the area. Call your local news stations. Tell them you will stop watching their station if they air one second of coverage of the Westboro fools. Have your friends call too.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    ..and it works too !! Happened in Aurora. Westboro mentioned on their website they will be in town to protest only for the Denver stations making a pact NOT to give them any coverage. No shows !! Dittos in Winchester, Virginia with the Roe Family....

http://www.maryland-law.com/blog/fam...d-with-dui.cfm

Westboro mentioned on their website they will protest that service as well..once the local Winchester media mentioned no air time will be given to them...they didn't bother making that trip to Virginia.
    Twice they threatened to come to WV and twice they decided it was better if they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    That's fine and obviously your right as an American, but I don't know that his visit to mourn dead children is the time to be making a point. I see the connection, the irony, whatever it would be called, etc.. but in this instance I think it would be more disrespectful to the parents whose children were lost in this particular tragedy. There's a time and a place, I guess is what I'm getting at. But again, we are a free country with freedom of speech. But that doesn't mean it's always the best time to express it. My opinion, of course.
    It's my opinion, as well. Every President has to utilize our military for one reason, or another. Sometimes, it IS for war. Vietnam, anyone? Booing the President of the United States during a memorial service shows disrespect to him, as well as the American people, and those who are suffering in Newtown. It shouldn't be tolerated, on any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I didnâ??t know your name,
    I never saw your face,
    I never got to see you smile,
    or get to watch you play.
    I never got to walk with you
    or watch you board the bus,
    I never got to kiss your head
    and tell you that youâ??re loved.

Take peace now, innocent one,
    worry not yourself,
    For it is in the arms of a nation,
    your love can now be felt.
    We may never understand the evil,
    which struck your life today,
    But know that through remembrance,
    youâ??re never far away.

â??Tis your turn now, our little ones,
    To smile down from above,
    Kiss mommy, kiss daddy,
    Tell them itâ??s okay,
    and they are forever loved.

Now in peaceful rest, may you take,
    your place amongst the stars.
    Your memory never forgotten,
    always safe, kept in our hearts.
    It is with a solemn duty,
    to you we make this vow,
    To find the evil you met today,
    And with vengeance strike it down.

~~To the memory of all 27 of the innocent lives lost today at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, with special dedication to the children. A nation mourns your loss, our thoughts and prayers to your families and your community. May you all rest in peace.
    There were only 26 INNOCENT lives lost. I would not include the killer in that count.

Soapy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    There were only 26 INNOCENT lives lost. I would not include the killer in that count.
    27 including his mother. 28 died in total

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I am a trauma counselor.
    Bless you!!!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

endsleigh03 Guest
    It's my opinion, as well. Every President has to utilize our military for one reason, or another. Sometimes, it IS for war. Vietnam, anyone? Booing the President of the United States during a memorial service shows disrespect to him, as well as the American people, and those who are suffering in Newtown. It shouldn't be tolerated, on any level.
    This.

http://news.yahoo.com/connecticut-su...155145415.html

I also read funerals will be set for tomorrow & Tues for 3 students.

Well said, Jenivere! He is the Commander In Chief, he is OUR President, whether we voted for him or not. Booing him is just beyond low class. It doesn't sound like everyone in attendance was there to mourn the loss of those innocent victims, but rather to make a political statement, and that is an embarrassment.

As far as the shooter being included with the actual count, there are 28 dead, 26 innocent victims AT the school, but he also killed his mother, making that 27 total innocent victims.
    Last edited by Dangitbawb; 12-16-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Like!

Thanks, everybody. It's not often that this many people agree with me, so I'm taking a bow!

I apologize, but I got the count of victims, wrong. I was thinking of just the victims at the school. I forgot to include his mother, which I am assuming is innocent in all this, even though she taught her unstable son to shoot; so I guess that's up for debate.

tarsier Guest
    I can't help think politicians using tragedy as a photo-op is the lowest of low and disrespectful on their part.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Watched it and glad he went. It helps focus on just how big and terrible this is.

The first of the funerals are today, two of the little boys.

Never should have happened, any of it.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 12-17-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Thank you! probably a publicity stunt on his part to make himself look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    I can't help think politicians using tragedy as a photo-op is the lowest of low and disrespectful on their part.
    I mean really? He represents the people, this is his job. I think it's going a bit far to call it a publicity stunt or photo op. Do you have a problem with GWB visiting ground zero after 9/11? There was plenty of press coverage of that. He was out with rescue workers with a bullhorn. Was that a publicity stunt? It certainly did make him look a lot better to a lot of people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4BkzuV0LYE

Elizabeth Guest
    Devastated and heartbroken about all this......

As for President Obama's appearance at the memorial, of course he should have been there.....if he hadn't, then people would have bounced all over it as if he wasn't respectful of the tragedy.....he can't win seemingly any way he goes.....

But honestly, nothing else matters except the loss of these 20 little angels and their six heroes who valiantly fought for the lives of their students.....I can't watch all the televised shows without crying, and pray that the families of all the victims find some solace.....

pwem Guest
    I know what you mean. Sorta like Churchill visiting the bombed out population during the WWll Blitz. The old attention whore.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    I know what you mean. Sorta like Churchill visiting the bombed out population during the WWll Blitz. The old attention whore.
    I'm going to assume that was meant ironically.
    If Churchill was an attention whore during the Blitz, then what were King George and the Queen Mum? Britons sure were sad to see each of them go when they died, and mostly because of the very public role they played during the Blitz. Of course, it didn't keep them from voting Churchill out as soon as the war was over. The King and Queen Mum weren't up for election, or maybe they would have been swept away with the tide as well.

I'm heartbroken too because its so fast those kids are being buried already..... I thought it took a little more time.

pwem Guest
    OMG of course it was meant ironically. I think we need a smiley denoting such.

I read whatever I can about England in WWll. Just fascinating stuff.

It just seems no matter what Obama does he is damned by some people.

Rosebud666 Guest
    OMG of course it was meant ironically. I think we need a smiley denoting such.

I read whatever I can about England in WWll. Just fascinating stuff.

Yeah I don't get it either.

I detested Reagan at the time - somewhere the Secret Service probably has a photo on file of me flipping him off at a demonstration in Ashland, Ohio - and I have a somewhat better opinion of him now than I used to, but I was moved by what he had to say in the wake of the Challenger disaster and it was clear that as head of state he had not only a right but an obligation to be at the memorial. Same with Bush and the events surrounding 9/11.

Nixon at a Kent State memorial would have been a provocation. But I've always been fascinated by the little episode immediately afterward when he more or less snuck out of the White House and went to the Lincoln Memorial to talk to protesting students in the middle of the night even though he just didn't seem to "get it". There was just such a huge disconnect between what he did privately and what he said publicly. But he'll always get some sympathy points in my book because he did that.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 12-17-2012 at 12:23 PM.

pwem Guest
    Holy cow, another one that thinks better of Nixon now.

Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by homesgirl View Post
    As a parent of a sixteen-year-old son diagnosed with Asperger's, I truly appreciate your posts to create understanding of this condition. My son cried yesterday over the shootings, and today my husband and I had to sit him down and tell him there might be a backlash against those with Asperger's as there have been some reports that the shooter had Asperger's. More tears.

Asperger's is not typically linked with violence. In our experience with our son, just the opposite. Here's an article that addressed Asperger's and violence. In particular, this quote from the article really mirrors our experience:

"It is a very human experience that when you cannot explain how you are feeling, that you will then act out in frustration, anger, and aggression. But, it is not consistent with the diagnosis that you would plan and execute a crime like we saw here."

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...olence-experts

Your son is lucky to have someone like you who isn't afraid to confront the issue head on. The conversations that my parents had were limited to what medications I was on and whether or not they were working. They seemed afraid to discuss anything beyond that. Props to both of you for making it through what can be a scary conversation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either.

I detested Reagan at the time - somewhere the Secret Service probably has a photo on file of me flipping him off at a demonstration in Ashland, Ohio - and I have a somewhat better opinion of him now than I used to, but I was moved by what he had to say in the wake of the Challenger disaster and it was clear that as head of state he had not only a right but an obligation to be at the memorial. Same with Bush and the events surrounding 9/11.

Nixon at a Kent State memorial would have been a provocation. But I've always been fascinated by the little episode immediately afterward when he more or less snuck out of the White House and went to Lincoln Memorial to talk to protesting students in the middle of the night even though he just didn't seem to "get it". There was just such a huge disconnect between what he did privately and what he said publicly. But he'll always get some sympathy points in my book because he did that.
    I never knew he did that -- interesting!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Holy cow, another one that thinks better of Nixon now.

Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    I never knew he did that -- interesting!
    The incident is depicted in a key scene in Oliver Stone's "Nixon" film. Now of course, Stone isn't necessarily known for his historical veracity as a film-maker, but it has been well documented in several books, most notably Willam Safire's Before the Fall - An Insider's View of the Pre-Watergate White House, and was reported by the press at the time and in later documentaries about the Nixon administration.

There's a newspaper story about it here: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...1864%2C2379598

My first reaction on seeing it in the movie was "that can't possibly have really happened!"

Very much to the point of this conversation, after Kent State, Stone has Nixon saying "I would like to offer my condolences to those families. But 'Nixon' can't." I'm not sure whether that is intended to mean that he can't afford to politically or whether it is more of a realization that his condolences would not be welcome because of what he represented. I suspect that the sentiment is historically accurate even if he didn't use those exact words.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 12-17-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine?

Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
    Morgan Freeman is stating in the press that he DID NOT say this...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Yea I saw on yahoo: 'Morgan Freeman Hoax' I did not read the article but I got the idea after seeing the title. very very odd.....
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...oting-20121712
    Last edited by Tiffany; 12-17-2012 at 08:45 AM.

tarsier Guest
    I mean really? He represents the people, this is his job. I think it's going a bit far to call it a publicity stunt or photo op. Do you have a problem with GWB visiting ground zero after 9/11? There was plenty of press coverage of that. He was out with rescue workers with a bullhorn. Was that a publicity stunt? It certainly did make him look a lot better to a lot of people.

I had a problem with Bush too at ground zero it ALWAYS bothers me with presidents Governors doing it is okay becauyse that is in their job description but Presidents tend to politicize tragedy Bush= War on Terror, Obamas = Gun control. I find it entirely offensive

Yeah, imagine actually going to "the people"

What a concept!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    What a surprise that a thread about brutally murdered children turns into political rants. Not
    Apparently their need to be right outweighs this hideous tragedy. (sarcasm full strength)

So is it a little fast for the victims to be put to rest already?? OR is it because they have passed in such a unhumaine way that it is best to have them lay rest so quickly????

Who said only cops and military should own guns? Wasn't me. I was referring to assault rifles.
    'Course, the Second Amendment was never about deer hunting and bonding with Dad out in the woods shooting tin cans off a stump. It was meant to give the people a defense against central government when it's finished taking away all our rights. Back in 1776 every gun in the hands of the colonists was an "assault weapon" to King George. Also, I find the timing of these latest 2 massacres right after an Illinois appeals court struck down a ban on conceal carry too unsettling. The gun control crowd always get a high-profile "random" massacre just when they need some fresh bodies.

But none of that stops me from grieving for what happened as I have a niece and nephew who were once as young, innocent and carefree as these kids were.

So is it a little fast for the victims to be put to rest already?? OR is it because they have passed in such a unhumaine way that it is best to have them lay rest so quickly????
    My Gma is active in our church and organizes/runs the funerals for the church when they happen. The funerals always seem to take place 3-4 days after the death. I think the only reason it takes longer is if there are multiple funerals (taking turns with the church) or there is an investigation of some sort that they may need the body for evidence or something. I think it is more sanitary if the bodies are buried asap as well... not to mention it is easier to focus on grieving when you have the details taken care of and done with. If it were me, I would want my baby laid to rest asap versus sitting in a cooler somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by soaring_butterfly View Post
    My Gma is active in our church and organizes/runs the funerals for the church when they happen. The funerals always seem to take place 3-4 days after the death. I think the only reason it takes longer is if there are multiple funerals (taking turns with the church) or there is an investigation of some sort that they may need the body for evidence or something. I think it is more sanitary if the bodies are buried asap as well... not to mention it is easier to focus on grieving when you have the details taken care of and done with. If it were me, I would want my baby laid to rest asap versus sitting in a cooler somewhere...

Thank you. That makes sense....

Flowergrrl Guest
    So, mom wasn't working because of how much money she was receiving from her ex-husband. She never let anyone in her house, even supposed friends... She went to their house. She stockpiled and planned for doomsday. If her son had any kind of mental health issues at all, she definitely sounds like the type who would send him over the edge... Would explain why he shot her in the head four times. Also, her reason for pulling him out of school and home-schooling him, was because she didn't agree with the school board on how they wanted to handle her son... Wonder if she would do the same thing if he was seeing a doctor or psychologist and didn't agree with them?
    Last edited by Flowergrrl; 12-17-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Flowergrrl Guest
    True.

Not only his brother, but other relatives as well haven't seen him in years. They don't think the brother has seen the mom recently either. She sounds very paranoid, maybe everyone was trying to stay away from BOTH of them.

I had a problem with Bush too at ground zero it ALWAYS bothers me with presidents Governors doing it is okay becauyse that is in their job description but Presidents tend to politicize tragedy Bush= War on Terror, Obamas = Gun control. I find it entirely offensive
    In the wake of a national and horrific tragedy, I think we will ALWAYS see the elected president as well as the elected officials making an appearance, it's just something we're going to have to accept, although not everyone's going to like it. After all, they WERE elected to do SOMETHING. We know that most politicians are seen as self-serving and wouldn't miss an opportunity for a photo-op. I personally don't think this is the case, I would be a little more offended if I thought our president didn't care. I'm sure he feels the same pain that we do, or he wouldn't be human. I'm no fan of Barack Obama, but I am going to support the president in this case.
    --William Shakespeare!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	548604_258755580919841_1159406542_n.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	44691
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    I just read about that on Yahoo. WTH?

Things like this really bring out the loose screws...o_O

We do have the right to bear arms. It's OUR second amendment. I think it's wrong of you to blast the members of this site and MY country during a time of mourning. I've never butted my nose into UK laws and whatnot. And yes, children have a right to go to school and be safe. I couldn't agree more. Taking away our guns will only make matters worse. I'll say this until the day I die... and I could care less if anyone disagrees.. it's my opinion and I'm entitled so here it is.. ARM the teachers, and any adult working in the school! I'd be more apt to think someone like the piece of shit that shot all those kids would re-think going into a school and doing this if he knew before hand that the adults were armed and trained to prevent him from carrying out his goals. It's no longer worth his wile.. Ya sure don't hear about fuckers going into a gun or hunting clubs and doing this do ya? If I can trust these adults to educate my children, and be with them 8 hours a day while I am not with them, I sure don't have a problem with them having a gun to protect my kids while they are with them. I would sleep a little better at night knowing they were armed.
    Wendy, please refrain from being hostile to another member, Rule 4. If you don't like a post, scroll down or put that member on your Ignore List.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Very well written article

Nelliebean Guest

You got it right, Bettie. If he didn't make an appearance, his enemies would be calling him uncaring, cold, etc.

MrsE1981 Guest

True dat...

Cindyt - I agree with you regarding the gun control issue - if someone wants to kill they will find a way to do it.

Kitty Bac Guest
    I'm so heartsick over this. And forgive me for this, may I NEVER have to make a decision like the ones faced by the families, but if my child was murdered on a Friday, I don't think I could psychologically make it through having the funeral on Monday. As sudden as the death was in this case, I'd need more time before the final goodbye. Believe me, I'm not judging these parents and famillies. I'm just saying I don't think I could do it. I'll keep them all in my prayers for some sort of comfort. And may the killer rot in hell.