Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19262728
Results 1,351 to 1,398 of 1398

Thread: Sandy Hook Elementary School Massacre

The lawsuit against the estate of Nancy Lanza has been settled. Lawyers expect things to be finalized by the end of the month.

Today is 3 years. Doesn't seem that long ago. And absolutely nothing has changed or gotten better.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    That's what you say now but how would you feel if that house started driving drunk or stealing lawn ornaments or some other horrible crime that houses tend to commit. lol
    Well , is pretty certain that the home isn't going to be featured on the front-cover issue of Better Homes and Gardens.

Florida Atlantic University is trying to fire conspiracy nut Professor James Tracy - this is the guy who has been harassing the parents and demanding proof of the dead kids existence.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-him-gone.html

I skimmed & didn't see a mention, but a film going to Sundance next month is in the US dramatic competition. Title? Newtown. Centers around the shooting. I'm a cynic, but I'm interested to see credits, donors etc. depending on what is shown on screen. I'll report back.

Any good documentary about Newtown will be heartbreakingly difficult to watch but I don't think I couldn't skip it. Thinking back to the time of the tragedy, I must have been going through something in my own life and intentionally avoided listening to anything about it on the news, etc., so I'm absolutely open to listening to all sides. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that this case has the most conspiracy theorists out there since 9/11. Does that seem the same to any of you?
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Florida Atlantic University is trying to fire conspiracy nut Professor James Tracy - this is the guy who has been harassing the parents and demanding proof of the dead kids existence.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-him-gone.html
    Well, I've said it before and what the hell, I'll say it again. What did they expect when they requested all the evidence not be released, and all the crime scenes torn down and obliterated-- they didn't even want the 9-1-1 recordings released, had some of the victims cremated, and DID accept large shares of humongous donations and sued for more, while many (understandably!) promoted gun control agendas? That's going to throw a LOT of conspiracy-mongers off their feed, you know?
    The slight irony here is that, of all the families, the Pozners DID privately show their son in his casket to Governor Malloy (showings not being customary at the Jewish funerals I've been to.)
    Last edited by Linnie; 12-20-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Newtown teacher arrested after bringing firearm to school

http://pix11.com/2016/04/06/newtown-...school-campus/
    Last edited by cash; 04-14-2016 at 03:12 PM.

ix11.com/2016/04/06/newtown-teacher-charged-with-bringing-gun-to-middle-school-campus/
    my reaction to this is: are you serious?! I mean ffs, how on earth would one assume this would go over well.

http://pix11.com/2016/04/06/newtown-...school-campus/
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    my reaction to this is: are you serious?! I mean ffs, how on earth would one assume this would go over well.
    My reaction is that if teachers had weapons at school the tragedy could have been avoided or lessened, but the law is the law and no guns are allowed in that State. I must say that even though my kids are all out of school, except for my youngest who still has a couple more years in college, I'm happy that most districts encourage teachers to be armed - AFTER they are trained, of course.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I don't have strong feelings regarding gun control, or a lack thereof... That said, so few can even drive in a straight line. Given some of my former teachers, & definitely my former psychopathic ex-boss, I can't say I'd feel any safer at all. True story: this same boss wanted to put guns in the ceiling of our office in case our city was under attack. Trust me, given where I lived at the time, it's probably one state where very few would even bother. Fewer still would miss it if it actually happened.

Does anyone know why Lanza chose the elementary school? A book available at the Kindle store ( Amazon) hints that something happened during Lanza' s first year at the school that contributed to his murderous rampage.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Does anyone know why Lanza chose the elementary school? A book available at the Kindle store ( Amazon) hints that something happened during Lanza' s first year at the school that contributed to his murderous rampage.
    He did attend Sandy Hook from grades 1-5 but his reasoning is unknown - may have been the closest to where he lived:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/25/justic...ooting-report/

I have a friend who believes Sandy Hooks was a government hoax to promote gun control. (She thinks the same thing about Orlando.) This not a dumb person. I think she has just been listening to some nutter.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I wondered why they chose to tear down that house he lived in? There are many homes that murders have been commited in and are stigmatized that are not torn down.. Anyone know the real story on why it was razed?
    I don't believe it was just to stop lookie loo's...It was a nice piece of property.
    A friend who lived in that area said that it was because the mothers murder scene was never cleaned up and "weird" things happened there after the murders..
    I am not so sure about that but I guess it seems plausable?

Thanks, Cash.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    I wondered why they chose to tear down that house he lived in? There are many homes that murders have been commited in and are stigmatized that are not torn down.. Anyone know the real story on why it was razed?
    I don't believe it was just to stop lookie loo's...It was a nice piece of property.
    A friend who lived in that area said that it was because the mothers murder scene was never cleaned up and "weird" things happened there after the murders..
    I am not so sure about that but I guess it seems plausable?
    A family of one of the victims lived on the street, but I think they've moved since then.
    I still maintain that if they changed the bizarre street name to "Daisy Drive" or some other innocuous word, people across the ocean wouldn't be googling "the street with the weird name where the weird kid who killed his weird mother and all those children used to live."
    Tearing down the house was just an another part of the wholesale erasure of all sites connected to the crime. For haunting, there still are some of the empty buildings of the former state mental hospital nearby, and they want to turn THAT property into some kind of shopping/ community center (there's a state correctional facility already there, BTW.)

Since the Lanzas are not even interred in Newtown, and to my knowledge of the town history, that particular area was not previously known for odd occurrences (the other notorious murders from the 1980s were scattered in different sections), possibly trespassers LOOKING for "ghosts" were getting in the house somehow, I suppose. Doesn't quite justify the demolition, though.

Seagorath Guest
    The Lanzas are pure human shit. The mother was a fucking idiot.

lawsuit against the gun maker has been dismissed - nice try

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...gun-maker.html

Sandy Hook truther charged with threatening victim's family - a real idiot:

http://nypost.com/2016/12/07/sandy-h...ictims-parent/

There was a sad and touching docu on PBS Independent Lens last night about Newtown. They talked to parents of kids that didn't make it, parents of survivors, first responders, townfolk in general. If you can catching I would recommend watching.

The police knew about Lanza's plot years before and could do nothing

http://nypost.com/2017/10/26/sandy-h...-and-cops-knew

Doesn't seem like it's been five years.

26. 12-27-2017, 08:50 PM

Alex Jones being sued by families of victims - good

https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/alex-j...ndy-hook-suit/

Alex Jones being sued by families of victims - good

https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/alex-j...ndy-hook-suit/
    Well, great, how do they intend to prove their loved ones were killed that day without, you know, photos and videos of them dead in place, autopsy reports and photos, photos and videos of blood-spattered classrooms, etc.? Oh, geez, I forgot, all that is verboten, and all the crime scenes are only a memory (and the demo crews signed agreements not to HAVE any memories.) I don't think those 9-1-1 calls are going to cut it. All that self-protection will come back to bite them and their lawsuit will fail as surely as the one against the gun manufacturer. YOU know it happened, *I* know it happened, everyone with a lick of sense knows it happened, but Jones, alas, is free to say whatever he likes about it, since nothing can be shown to prove him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Well, great, how do they intend to prove their loved ones were killed that day without, you know, photos and videos of them dead in place, autopsy reports and photos, photos and videos of blood-spattered classrooms, etc.? Oh, geez, I forgot, all that is verboten, and all the crime scenes are only a memory (and the demo crews signed agreements not to HAVE any memories.) I don't think those 9-1-1 calls are going to cut it. All that self-protection will come back to bite them and their lawsuit will fail as surely as the one against the gun manufacturer. YOU know it happened, *I* know it happened, everyone with a lick of sense knows it happened, but Jones, alas, is free to say whatever he likes about it, since nothing can be shown to prove him wrong.
    death certificates and the testimony of the ME should suffice.
    Last edited by cash; 04-18-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Alex Jones lawsuit to go forward. Good.

https://canoe.com/news/world/judge-d...y-hook-lawsuit

Dad of Sandy Hook victim wins suit against conspiracy theorists

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/dad-of...acy-theorists/

Sandy Hook father awarded $450,000 from defamation suit

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/us/sa...ard/index.html

Sandy Hook father awarded $450,000 from defamation suit

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/us/sa...ard/index.html
    Good. I can't imagine having a loved one gunned down and people saying it didn't happen. I have an old friend who will look you in the eye and say Sandy Hook was staged by the democrats.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cindy that is horrible, guess your friend needs to go to Newton and talk to all the families whose loved ones were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I have a friend who believes Sandy Hooks was a government hoax to promote gun control. (She thinks the same thing about Orlando.) This not a dumb person. I think she has just been listening to some nutter.
    That is just very sad.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    That is just very sad.
    It is.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I feel for those families who have to hear this from these nut jobs. It's disgusting and sick.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Good. I can't imagine having a loved one gunned down and people saying it didn't happen. I have an old friend who will look you in the eye and say Sandy Hook was staged by the democrats.
    Just unbelievable, Cindy! ��

It's like the people who said that the Oklahoma City Bombing was a conspiracy and Timothy McVeigh was a patsy! That is a crushing accusation beyond belief to the people of Oklahoma to this day!

I knew one of the little girls in the daycare. She lived in OKC but her grandparents lived in Tulsa and we all went to the same church where I taught preschool. I might not have seen her every Sunday, but I remember her blond hair and green eyes with a pert little nose!

My husband was about 5 miles away from the Murrah Building, and they heard the blast while they were in class.

You couldn't get away from From it. Such a horrible, dark time in Oklahoma.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/12/77848...ton-to-proceed

Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/12/77848...ton-to-proceed
    Good for the American Supreme Court.

This is good to hear.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

It's misguided - sue Miller Brewing for selling beer that can cause drunken driving.
    I think better sense will prevail and that blame will be placed where it's due.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Doesn't seem like it's been five years.
    True, now almost seven years.

Eight years ago today.

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Eight years ago today.
    This is a sad anniversary if America was ever to change the gun
    laws that should of been the day.

Thinking of those that lost their lives. I just finished the book Newton, written by a reporter that covered the case...broke my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Thinking of those that lost their lives. I just finished the book Newton, written by a reporter that covered the case...broke my heart.
    Me also, so thinking about those lost lives. kind of makes me cry.