Thread: TV Show COPS

WestAussie Guest

TV Show COPS

Why can't the say what the offenders have been charged with and what was the outcome on the tv show Cops.

Would make it more interesting in my opinion..

Then it would be called Law & Order. Cops just shows a day in the life.

I heard the show is going to be cancelled soon...

OCEANLIGHTS Guest
    I hope not..but I think it's been on since the middle 80's! FOX has been showing football/baseball etc in the COPS time slot. Haven't seen a new episode in quite a while.

It has effectively been cancelled. They are going to have an "abbreviated" final season next year of 16 episodes so that they can give it a 25th anniversary, but that's it. Apparently sports has become a cash cow for FOX on Saturday night. Sad, really, although I love sports as well, everyone knew on Saturday night right where I was. Sitting in my recliner watching COP's, America's Most Wanted, and then flipping over to A&E to watch "The Justice Files". I would sleep like a baby knowing all those bad guys had been locked up! I hope another network will pick them up, just like Lifetime did for AMW.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

pwem Guest
    When I was on a plane a few months back I watched COPS on a specialty channel. Something like the Crime or Law and Order specialty channel.

Hi, my name is pwem and I am a COPS addict. I have hundreds of episodes on tape converted to DVD. Have been watching it since day one when they were in Florida.

WestAussie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Then it would be called Law & Order. Cops just shows a day in the life.
    They have similar shows to Cops here in Australia and at the end of the show they tell you what the person was charged with and what punishment they received.

Mammy Guest
    TruTv plays Cops episodes ad nauseum. I'm sure they aren't new episodes, but they would satisfy a craving if you were having Cops withdrawls.

The thing I don't understand is why some people have their faces blurred and others don't. If it's a choice I can't imagine why some of these idiots would not choose to be blurred out. Would it have anything to do with whether they were eventually convicted or not?

Jacksmum Guest
    It's funny how everyone has only had two beers and never had any idea how the pot "got there"

pwem Guest
    Yeah, always 2 beers. One cop said "just how big were those beers?"

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    The thing I don't understand is why some people have their faces blurred and others don't. If it's a choice I can't imagine why some of these idiots would not choose to be blurred out. Would it have anything to do with whether they were eventually convicted or not?
    Haaaaaaaaa!! Bad boys, bad boys...whutcha gunna dooooo...whutcha gunna dooooo when they come for yooooooo...
    My favorite moments are the partially-to-fully-nude wasted folk, sitting on curbs, being spoken to by the COPS as if a sustainable conversation is possible.
    How could the show get canceled? It's the original American reality show (or at least one of them)!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    My favorite moments are the partially-to-fully-nude wasted folk, sitting on curbs, being spoken to by the COPS as if a sustainable conversation is possible.
    I can remember the one COPS episode where the cop had went into a country & western bar only to find a fat drunk sitting on a bar stool nude from the waste down trying to jack off.

Mammy Guest
    Wow, Choff that made my diet Mountain Dew go down pretty rough. What a visual image.

the very least they could do...is keep the show on the air...
    til honey boo-boo is arrested for something....ANYTHING
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    They would be too scared to put PooPoo on there. Mama June would squish them like bugs.

but think of the ratings!!!!
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

Mammy Guest
    Ratings be damned, think of the gnats!

would they have to pay the gnats scale wages?

Mammy Guest
    More than likely, Lol

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    I can remember the one COPS episode where the cop had went into a country & western bar only to find a fat drunk sitting on a bar stool nude from the waste down trying to jack off.
    Gross! "Sir?...uh, sir. Sir!!"
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

The show makes me feel normal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    When I was on a plane a few months back I watched COPS on a specialty channel. Something like the Crime or Law and Order specialty channel.

Hi, my name is pwem and I am a COPS addict. I have hundreds of episodes on tape converted to DVD. Have been watching it since day one when they were in Florida.
    I love COPS. Too bad it was cancelled. I rarely see it now.

OCEANLIGHTS Guest
    The reason for that is those with their face blurred out did not sign a release to have their picture/video made public.

Here in this City I live across from a Police Station
    so I View all one has to see.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Mammy Guest
    It isn't so entertaining in real life, huh?

I spent enough time working in the ER ....the stuff the cops would haul in there....
    at least no honey boo boo's. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    There was a similar episode in Boston where there was this crazy old drunk in a bar with no pants on and laughing to beat the band. Cops hasn't filmed in Boston for years. I miss seeing the crazy MA residents. Oh well I guess I'll have to go to YT to get my crazy MA residents fix

I do like the British versions of Cops like Road Wars and Traffic Cops.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by OCEANLIGHTS View Post
    The reason for that is those with their face blurred out did not sign a release to have their picture/video made public.
    I get that, I just don't get why some of these people would sign a release if they have a choice, when they look like such damn fools!

I wonder if the criminals if they sign the release, get like some sort of appearance fee. cuz that only reason not to blurr your stupid face

OCEANLIGHTS Guest
    I get that, I just don't get why some of these people would sign a release if they have a choice, when they look like such damn fools!
    Because they are stupid fools...and want their 15 minutes of fame. Case in point, the cast of Honey Boo Boo. Lol