Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Nixon

onehunglow Guest

Richard Nixon

Last edited by onehunglow; 12-03-2007 at 05:02 PM.

OMG! That means the Mtv icon is bogus.BUMMER!
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Added: March 19, 2007
    This is not an 'ordinary' documentary... It's intent is to inform and entertain the viewer, but also to shake him up, make him aware of the fact that television can get it wrong (intentionally or not) .We want to achieve this aim by using a universally known event (the landing on the Moon) that is surrounded by question marks (which is a fact) and spin some tale around it, that sounds plausible but isn't a fact (although there are elements in it that are real!). Confused? It will all be revealed before the end of the film... once the viewer is hooked, strung along and starts really wondering. The Message is simple.. Do not believ what you see on Television or in the News..

So this is in the tagline describing the video. Is this for real? What is the ending they reveal? I'm too lazy to sit through all the clips. Please tell me. Oh, and that's kind of creepy the guy dying of a stroke the same night he promises to reveal a CIA secret.

onehunglow Guest

If I knew

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post

Added: March 19, 2007
    This is not an 'ordinary' documentary... It's intent is to inform and entertain the viewer, but also to shake him up, make him aware of the fact that television can get it wrong (intentionally or not) .We want to achieve this aim by using a universally known event (the landing on the Moon) that is surrounded by question marks (which is a fact) and spin some tale around it, that sounds plausible but isn't a fact (although there are elements in it that are real!). Confused? It will all be revealed before the end of the film... once the viewer is hooked, strung along and starts really wondering. The Message is simple.. Do not believ what you see on Television or in the News..

So this is in the tagline describing the video. Is this for real? What is the ending they reveal? I'm too lazy to sit through all the clips. Please tell me. Oh, and that's kind of creepy the guy dying of a stroke the same night he promises to reveal a CIA secret.
    If I knew they would have to kill me. So I turned it off.

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    If I knew they would have to kill me. So I turned it off.
    No really, keep watching it. Please, for our sakes!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FLAMED!

onehunglow Guest

OK

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    No really, keep watching it. Please, for our sakes!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FLAMED!
    I'M Ready!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	050823metHenry8Armor.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	1989  

PvN73 Guest
    I'M Ready!!
    Isnt that your every day attire?

onehunglow Guest

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by PvN73 View Post
    Isnt that your every day attire?
    But only at Night

PvN73 Guest
    But only at Night
    whilst playing on your computer?

I'M Ready!!

Name:	canopener.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	1990  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

onehunglow Guest

Yeah

[SIZE=3]Find me[/SIZE]

Name:	JeepJunkYard.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	1991  

PvN73 Guest
    [SIZE=3]Find me[/SIZE]
    have you not heard of thermal imaging? find you in a second, use the can opener on your arse and you are gone!

Kathyf Guest
    Very interesting. Thanks

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    Very interesting. Thanks
    Which part is interesting? The idea that One lives every night in a suit of armour?

Jaxxx Guest
    While back on track, it was very interesting watch, I don't believe the walk was fake, I just totally don't want to believe it.

ooooooooooooooo zing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    While back on track, it was very interesting watch, I don't believe the walk was fake, I just totally don't want to believe it.
    Who wants to get back on track - it is so much better going off road.

onehunglow Guest

I think there is so great editing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    I still think we went.

Nixon on tape dicussing gays.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I wouldn't have wanted to shake Nixon's hand either. IMO, he had too much blood on his hands.

You think that REAGAN or 90% of men from that era felt any differently ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I RESENT that part about his expecting us to be living in the ratty part of town...I may live in a gay ghetto but it's a FABULOUS ghetto!!!

"Ratty" indeed !!!

...and just for the record, my neighbor has worked at the Bohemian Grove for over a quarter of a century, and according to him there's never been a member there under the age of "ancient" -- so sexuality is really a moot point there.

And one other thing, why do unattractive men like Richard Nixon always think gay men are 'after' them? What IS up with THAT ??? Wishful thinking ???

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I kind of thought Nixon had it going on.

Chevyheaven Guest
    "is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, that San Francisco crowd that goes there, it's just terrible. I mean, I won't shake hands with anyone from San Francisco."

I bet he already has. It was pretty much par for the course back then.
    I never even knew what a gay person was back in the 70's course I was much younger than.

Now I know lots of gay people and they are very cool people.

pvezz Guest
    I have a book in my hands, ready to read, called "The Corruption of Power - The Nixon Presidency". Maybe I'll just puke, call him a close-minded fucker, and be done with it. The End.
    Last edited by pvezz; 04-11-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: I didn't listen to his crap, but

26. 04-11-2008, 11:33 PM

EagleEye Guest
    Wow. the older I get the more my views change! I grew up thinking JFK hung the moon. Now I see him as he was; a womanizer! Conversely I thought Nixon was low life. While he certainly did wrong in his life, he did grasp the evil of homosexuality.

Sadly, political correctness has become so rampant I fear we will never have another leader with the fortitude to address this regrettable assault on humanity.

OBX Guest
    Anytime in the 1970's or before (maybe a lot later), if a man was being recorded he probably talked this way. I am NOT defending Nixon, I am merely saying if a gay man was being recorded and he was a politician or anyone that could be hurt by bad press, he would talk this way.

One of my problems with revisionist history is people not taking in account the times a person lived. So a man could have thought he was very noble, chivalrous person in his time and by today's standards be judged a misogynist. I don't doubt that Nixon was homophobic, but anyone that is honest will admit that was taught from the crib.

People can talk about PC today, but there has always been some prevailing attitude taught. It is humorous though to watch extremists from both sides accuse the middle of teaching PC.

Quote Originally Posted by OBX View Post
    Anytime in the 1970's or before (maybe a lot later), if a man was being recorded he probably talked this way. I am NOT defending Nixon, I am merely saying if a gay man was being recorded and he was a politician or anyone that could be hurt by bad press, he would talk this way.

One of my problems with revisionist history is people not taking in account the times a person lived. So a man could have thought he was very noble, chivalrous person in his time and by today's standards be judged a misogynist. I don't doubt that Nixon was homophobic, but anyone that is honest will admit that was taught from the crib.

People can talk about PC today, but there has always been some prevailing attitude taught. It is humorous though to watch extremists from both sides accuse the middle of teaching PC.

OBX is correct. I would bet that most of them would think that way. I would disagree about Reagan and offer this article in support. He may not have come to Hollywood in the 30's as a tolerant person toward Gays but certainly his time in Hollywood gave him a different perspective.

http://www.indegayforum.org/news/show/26670.html

OBX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    OBX is correct. I would bet that most of them would think that way. I would disagree about Reagan and offer this article in support. He may not have come to Hollywood in the 30's as a tolerant person toward Gays but certainly his time in Hollywood gave him a different perspective.

http://www.indegayforum.org/news/show/26670.html
    I was just talking about public or recorded speaking. It was a career killer back then to even not HATE gays. Heck, gays in NY protested at Stone something and nothing came out of it to the general public from the media. Several gay men were killed and a bunch arrested, but at the time - zip. Might as well of happened in China.

Quote Originally Posted by OBX View Post
    I was just talking about public or recorded speaking. It was a career killer back then to even not HATE gays. Heck, gays in NY protested at Stone something and nothing came out of it to the general public from the media. Several gay men were killed and a bunch arrested, but at the time - zip. Might as well of happened in China.
    The place was Stonewall where those protest took place.

My dad has told me over the years that back in the early 70s, many big companies refused to even hire any guy past 25 who was single because they "may be gay". And back then, employers would ask such questions "..why are you single?", "...do you think you will ever get married?". Today the asking of such questions is pretty much illegal in most states even though I have heard in others the practice is still being done.

People still get fired for their sexuality. Believe me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Nixon was a pompous, self serving ass........I am constantly amazed at the amount of " men " that are so homophobic.......and to think any self respecting gay man would want to " do " them, is the epitome of their ignorance, and arrogance........their are plenty of HOT guys out there, with hearts of gold, why the hell they`d want anything to do with the likes of Nixon, or anyone like him, is beyond me..........me thinks they have serious issues, and maybe more than one fantasy that the " wifey " doesn`t know about.......

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    People still get fired for their sexuality. Believe me.
    oh I know they do. Even in states and cities where homosexuaility is a protected class. Though I still wonder how far a company goes to find out if one is really gay? I heard stories over the years about how such and such company sends someone to spy at a pride event or even at a bar, hoping to catch one of their employees there or they call up a gay resort and demand to know if "John Doe" is there. I think it on this site where I read about how some bank actually created a fake profile on a gay website just so they can find out how many of their employees have profiles there as well then on another site I remember reading a post from a guy who worked at an adult video store and I remember him saying in his post that in the past he has received phone callls from a number of companies asking number one..if any of their employees have memebrships there and number two..what are the names of the movies they rented out.

All of this does make me wonder what year we live in.

Thank you, MobidMolly! I still, after all these years find it funny that some of my female friends are insulted that I don't find them attractive and want to "do" them! Granted, all homosexuals want EVERY member of their sex just like all heterosexuals want EVERY member of the opposite sex. LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

OBX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post

My dad has told me over the years that back in the early 70s, many big companies refused to even hire any guy past 25 who was single because they "may be gay". And back then, employers would ask such questions "..why are you single?", "...do you think you will ever get married?". Today the asking of such questions is pretty much illegal in most states even though I have heard in others the practice is still being done.
    Thank you. While I agree with your Dad about the questions, I don't agree with the 25 thing. It actually was not considered bad when men decided to stay single or have male roommates until America even discovered homosexuality in the 80's and 90's. It sounds incredible now, but even guys like Liberace, the average person didn't think he was gay as in what he liked to do behind closed doors. It just didn't come into your head at that time. Austin Powers, the first movie hits it really in the head. We thought he was a Mama's boy, flamboyant etc... That is why when someone was "discovered" to be homosexual, he was vilified because it was so abnormal a behavior. Then that study came out that said 10% of people were gay and I didn't know anyone that believed it. That is why the number one agenda in the gay community is education and to fight for acceptance.

OBX Guest

As far as your dad said about the questions, they are illegal. I am a recruiter and you can't ask, "Are you married?". So, instead you ask, "Who else would be involved in the decision making?" "If you relocate, who else would have to be involved in that?"
    As a recruiter, you still have to know these things, but the law says to ask them in an appropriate manner. The biggest problem I personally have had is women's rights, not gays. By law, I can not mention to a potential employer a woman is pregnant. But companies get pretty steamed when an 8 month pregnant woman shows up for an interview and they don't care if it is illegal or not.
    The bottom line on all of this is there is a lot of talk about gay rights, but women's rights are trampled much more on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    You think that REAGAN or 90% of men from that era felt any differently ?
    reagan was good friends with .............. Rock Hudson.

Reagan was also good friends with William Haines.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0354313/bio

I think that REAGAN, like many bigots, was hypocritical. In his private life he did have some gay friends, but keep in mind it was his wife NANCY who fostered the majority of those relationships : ROCK HUDSON, MERV GRIFFIN & designer TED GRABER. REAGAN himself did not have any close (known) homosexual friends. Keep in mind that NANCY grew up exposed to a fair amount of experiences, so she was more tolerant than her 'Ice Queen' reputation would have one believe. Her godmother for shitssakes was notorious lesbian actress NAZIMOVA.

On the public side, REAGAN also fired 2 workers in the state capital in Sacramento back in '67 and made it known that their homosexuality was the reason. It was actually more involved, the reasons that the 2 were canned than just their sexuality, but when one is the governor, anyone working under you 'works at your discretion' so they can be canned at your pleasure. REAGAN also went on record as saying that homosexuality was, in his opinion "a grave affliction that causes much destruction and unhappiness." He did veto a bill that would have prevented opnely gay indiviuals from being teachers (in CA) but that was also right before an election, and some will say that he didn't want to rock the boat. He dragged his feet for several years when the AIDS epidemic was gaining momentum, when he should have reacted. He was known to impersonate fairies, and revelled in gay jokes. So, like most people, he was at times inconsistent and again, when one considers the era in which he was raised. I've met racists who still have that one black guy that they're just crazy about because "he's not like the rest of 'em." Then again, when it appears that there is a good chance that his own son is gay, well, whatcha going to do ? Reminds me of how an ALAN KEYES must feel when on one hand he's vocally been an opponent on anything pro-gay and then to have his own daughter publicly declare her lesbianism; same for Vice-President DICK CHENEY, who is part of the BUSH administration & then his daughter too; just too fucking funny !

Kelt
    I appreciate what you are saying. Especially the part about the bigot who has one good black friend that he insists isn't like the rest of 'them.' Many times, that first friend is the eye opener that can lead one to become at first more tolerant and later accepting of others that are different.

It is interesting how one can be hypocritical. He was a man born in 1911 or so and definitely came from a different time. Not right, but it was a different time.
    Reagan's daughter Patti, the one that so hated her dad's politics that she took her mother's name Davis, said that one thing her dad wasn't was a hater of gays.

What I found on the Briggs Initiative was that it was after Reagan was Gov and when he was planning a run for the Presidency. I was around 16 when it came up and being in California at the time it was a rather big deal so I recalled the initiative.

The timing is interesting. This is what Wikipedia says:

"California Proposition 6 or Proposition 6, more commonly known as The Briggs Initiative, was an initiative on the California State ballot in 1978. Sponsored by John Briggs, a conservative state legislator from Orange County, the failed initiative would have banned gays and lesbians from teaching in California's public schools.
    The Briggs Initiative followed similar legislation that had passed in Oklahoma and Arkansas, banning gays and lesbians from teaching in public schools. It stated that any teacher that was found to be “advocating, imposing, encouraging or promoting” homosexual activity could be fired.
    It was opposed by then-President Jimmy Carter. There were many "gay Republican" groups and organization through the country beginning in the '70s. The most prominent of these, in 1977 California, founded Log Cabin Republicans, as a rallying point for Republicans opposed to the Briggs Initiative, which for a time was winning in polls conducted prior to the election with about 61% of voters supporting it while 31% opposed it. It was the first attempt to restrict gay and lesbian rights through a ballot measure. However, it is historically significant that the polls changed in the opponents' favor when former Governor Ronald Reagan, later President, publicly opposed the measure. The Initiative was defeated by more than one million votes.
    Reagan vigorously opposed the ballot initiative sponsored by religious conservatives that would have barred homosexuals from teaching in the public schools. The timing is significant because he was then preparing to run for president, a race in which he would need the support of conservatives and moderates very uncomfortable with homosexual teachers. As Lou Cannon (Reagan biographer) puts it, Reagan was “well aware that there were those who wanted him to duck the issue” but nevertheless “chose to state his convictions.”
    Despite the legend, student worker, Grant Grays, at the Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies at the University of Minnesota Libraries discovered that there was no editorial penned by Reagan but rather he sent a letter to a pro-Briggs Initiative group in which he opposed the initiative. The entire text of Reagan's letter of opposition was never printed in the public media. The most extensive excerpts from his statement were reprinted in the San Francisco Chronicle of September 24, 1978 where it was revealed that the future President opposed the Briggs Initiative. Reagan's actual letter allegedly stated, in part, “Whatever else it is, homosexuality is not a contagious disease like the measles. Prevailing scientific opinion is that an individual's sexuality is determined at a very early age and that a child's teachers do not really influence this.”
    The Briggs Initiative was overwhelmingly defeated, by more than a million votes; it even lost in Briggs’ own Orange County. Its sponsors blamed Reagan for the defeat."

1) I didn't recall the name of the act, but I did mention it in my post above.

2) Daughter PATTI is, well, she's too fuckin stuck in the 70s to be allowed to pontificate. Wait, that's harsh. Let's start over- her recollection is very very nice however that doesn't jive with his very public political comments & actions on the subject.

Cathy J. Guest
    oh I know they do. Even in states and cities where homosexuaility is a protected class. Though I still wonder how far a company goes to find out if one is really gay? I heard stories over the years about how such and such company sends someone to spy at a pride event or even at a bar, hoping to catch one of their employees there or they call up a gay resort and demand to know if "John Doe" is there. I think it on this site where I read about how some bank actually created a fake profile on a gay website just so they can find out how many of their employees have profiles there as well then on another site I remember reading a post from a guy who worked at an adult video store and I remember him saying in his post that in the past he has received phone callls from a number of companies asking number one..if any of their employees have memebrships there and number two..what are the names of the movies they rented out.

All of this does make me wonder what year we live in.
    My brother Larry for many years used to attend the many so-called Bear Runs that are held throughout the country. A Bear Run BTW is a pride event that is held mainly for the gay-bear community. Nothing more than a social gathering held at some hotel where gay men drink, eat and party and yes sex is involved though that is pretty much from what I was told limited to bathhouses ( yes some cities still have them ) and of course their room.
    For years the biggest of these were held in San Francisco , Columbus, Ohio , Denver, Dallas, New Orleans ( before Katrina ) and Indianapolis. All of them at one time attracted well over 1000+ guys from all over the world.

Today far less that number attends. What happened was that when GW started the "ban gay marriage" bandwagon and the states start passing their laws on this, many employers started looking into these bear runs. Many of the hotels who held these events ( and even the bars associated with them ) start getting phone calls from various businesses asking if any of their employees are there ( of course the hotels don't give out that info on their guests ) and in a few cases even some of those anti-gay groups would rent rooms at these events hoping to "change people". My brother was telling me that at the Dallas and Denver runs, a few members from Focus on the Family actually passed themselves as "bears" to attend the events so they can see who is there and of course, spread their gospel. Either way it spells drama.

So today even though such events still continue, not anyone can go. Today many of these Bear Runs now do background checks on those who sign up to attend and if you work for a business that is considered "not gay friendly", they will turn you down.

Maybe George Orwell is right about Big Brother is watching. Only its the employer who is watching.

Im sure the members of Focus on the Family that were attending were spreading more than the gospel. Bathhouses are still very popular these days.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

My rule of thumb is the louder the protest against gays/lesbians the greater the likelihood that that person is living life on the 'down-low.'
    We've had a Republican Senator, a Republican Congressman, and a leading member of the Conservative Christian movement nailed for doing what they have publicly preached against.

Kelt, point well taken.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I actually just listened to it and sort of found it funny. I haven't heard so much about fags and faggy since the last time I watched Valley of the Dolls. Maybe in the part you can't hear, he comments, "you know how bitchy fags can be" in honor of Sharon Tate.

Nixon - 5 minutes before resignation

here are some outakes of Nixon at 9pm on Aug 8/74 just before he announces his resignation. He seems quite upbeat for a guy about to walk the plank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9l37RTZcJ0

Noelle Page Guest
    Don't see the link. But I remember that day well. Very emotional, tragic.

huh? what am I supposed to be looking at, sorry nothing here!

Richard Nixon

Nixon has always fascinated me - how such a strange man was able to reach the world's highest office is beyond comprehension.

here is Nixon on Dec 25/71 calling the White House operator - just another work day for Nixon. Take a day off Dick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlnNxNlPv5Q

here is Nixon on Sept 17/71 calling a TV critic - the critic tells him that one of the best new shows of the year is the series "Colombo" - Nixon has no idea what she is talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPawsOYYtJ4

Noelle Page Guest
    Well, good for him! Our (parents') tax dollars at work!

It's like some people are astonished and appalled that McCain doesn't email or surf the internet. Good! I would NEVER want to think of a leader wasting time on the web, like me. Can you imagine if the president got addicted to FAD?