Thread: Shooter reported at Texas A&M. Several officers shot.

Shooter reported at Texas A&M. Several officers shot.

Just breaking

Jesus.. was this the campus with the big bonfire accident?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

They caught the shooter. updates here

http://emergency.tamu.edu/

The national media hasnt reported it yet.

Business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Jesus.. was this the campus with the big bonfire accident?
    Yes I believe it is. Unless they have multiple campuses.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

I'm hearing it was off campus with multiple injuries. Two officers down.

Jacksmum Guest

MoonRabbit Guest
    Another one?

Bidmor Guest
    Fox News channel is reporting that the dead constable was serving an eviction notice on the shooter.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Fox News channel is reporting that the dead constable was serving an eviction notice on the shooter.
    An eviction from a college?

Maybe it was student housing?

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    An eviction from a college?

Maybe it was student housing?
    Judging by the chopper video I just saw, it's an area of houses (presumably rent houses) near Kyle Field which is A&M's football stadium...I haven't heard anything about the shooter being a student.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 08-13-2012 at 01:13 PM.

lisalouver Guest
    Judging by the chopper video I just saw, it's an area of houses (presumably rent houses) near Kyle Field which is A&M's football stadium...I haven't heard anything about the shooter being a student.
    Ok, that makes sense, thanks Bid

13. 08-13-2012, 01:21 PM

Bidmor Guest
    I don't know about the shooter but a female civilian who was wounded was nearby helping her daughter move in to attend A&M, according to Fox News.

15. 08-13-2012, 01:33 PM

I read that it was right off campus property. People often rent houses close to campus but not on campus so that could be the case.

pwem Guest
    As someone said, business as usual.

18. 08-13-2012, 03:43 PM

DrDeath Guest
    Did I read that right? FIDELITY Street? You guys have some odd street names!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Did I read that right? FIDELITY Street? You guys have some odd street names!
    Oh that's nothing. Somewhere back home I'm sure there's a Street St.

German street names are really crazy. For example:
    Judengasse ("Jews' Lane", very common, usually the historic Jewish quarter of the respective city)
    Hackebeilstrasse ("Meat Cleaver Street", guess who used to live there)
    Im Sumpf (literally, "In the Swamp")

etc.

But the British also have some odd street names, the older the odder.

I'm still waiting for the post that explains how this event fits into the vast world conspiracy to take away everyone's guns.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the post that explains how this event fits into the vast world conspiracy to take away everyone's guns.
    Funny...I've heard no hue and cry from the gun grabbers about this shooting...maybe because it happened as reported?

Here's video of it (unlike the shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin from which there's curiously no video) from an Army medic who was eventually permitted to see about the downed constable after the shooter was taken out.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-shooting-20120814,0,3631065.story

Another vid from the same medic, but much closer. We can see police rushing the house, guns drawn, shouting "Do not move. If you move, you are dead." Obviously he was near a deputy or officer because we can hear the medic ask if an ambulance is coming and someone answers "it's coming".
    http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/C...166065946.html
    Last edited by Bidmor; 08-14-2012 at 02:23 PM.

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Oh that's nothing. Somewhere back home I'm sure there's a Street St.

German street names are really crazy. For example:
    Judengasse ("Jews' Lane", very common, usually the historic Jewish quarter of the respective city)
    Hackebeilstrasse ("Meat Cleaver Street", guess who used to live there)
    Im Sumpf (literally, "In the Swamp")

etc.

But the British also have some odd street names, the older the odder.

Hahaha I'm afraid the American relationship with guns goes straight over my head. Growing up in a country where it's unusual to have one unless you are a farmer or a pro shooter/hunter, I don't get the need to have one. It's not 'normal' to me.

BTW have a gander at this one http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lace-live.html
    Last edited by DrDeath; 08-14-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Funny...I've heard no hue and cry from the gun grabbers about this shooting...maybe because it happened as reported?

Here's video of it (unlike the shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin from which there's curiously no video) from an Army medic who was eventually permitted to see about the downed constable after the shooter was taken out.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-shooting-20120814,0,3631065.story

Another vid from the same medic, but much closer. We can see police rushing the house, guns drawn, shouting "Do not move. If you move, you are dead." Obviously he was near a deputy or officer because we can hear the medic ask if an ambulance is coming and someone answers "it's coming".
    http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/C...166065946.html

"Gun grabbers" - that's a good one. For the record, I don't grab, I ask nicely if you would please put that thing away - unless you're pointing it at me.

My mother did raise me with some manners - I just don't show them to everyone.

That ex-army medic did a very admirable thing indeed.

I think this event is a non-issue as far as gun control goes because nobody has reported that perp was armed to the teeth, no multiple weapons, no body armor, no huge cache of ammunition, no plan to commit wholesale massacre - just a guy with a gun who made a very bad decision. That hardly makes him a poster child for gun control. Although I don't see how a band of armed civilians would have helped produce a better outcome.

Tragically, just another bad day at work for the people who we count on to keep us safe.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Hahaha I'm afraid the American relationship with guns goes straight over my head. Growing up in a country where it's unusual to have one unless you are a farmer or a pro shooter/hunter, I don't get the need to have one. It's not 'normal' to me.

. . .
    I grew up there, my dad had guns (which is kind of funny, considering that he is legally blind), I never went hunting, but I did do my marksmanship merit badge at Boy Scout camp . . . and it goes straight over my head, too.