Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 1470

Thread: He/She Is Gay?! Say What?

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Yup.. It's that "lesbian growl" that catches us every time. We try and only use it when in the company of others like us. It does occasionally slip out though, damn this war!
    Bwahahaah!!

Now that Jim Nabors is out it might be time for another story. Charlotte Rae (Facts of Life) reveals her husband of 25 was gay and she didn't know it.

She's best known for playing the maternal, wise-cracking Mrs. Edna Garrett on TV shows Diff'rent Strokes and The Facts of Life, but Charlotte Rae recalls it was no joke when she discovered her husband of 25 years was gay, and had cheated on her with a man.
    'All I could feel was the betrayal,' Rae, now 86, wrote in a still unsold memoir she titled The Facts of My Life.
    Rae's 25 year marriage to composer John Strauss ended in 1975 when the couple moved to Los Angeles and he confessed he was gay -- and that he had been cheating on her with men.

Heartache:

'First came the shock of what he had done behind my back, then the sting of being deceived for years,' wrote Rae, bore him two sons.

Wanted out of the closet: 'Amadeus' Composer John Strauss admitted to Rae in 1975 that he was gay

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz2JTVwgjsc
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by coconn04; 01-30-2013 at 08:04 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

gemini33 Guest
    That would kinda explain why Rae treated Geri Jewell, who is a lesbian, like crap on the set. I could see how her husband's betrayal made her bitter towards homosexuals.

Cousin Brucie?
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    Cousin Brucie?

Really?
    Cindy

ah Cousin Brucie......later on gonna have to ask my friends who are regulars at Hillside Campground that one. Hillside is a rather large campground/resort for gay men located north of Scranton, PA...it is also a "safe haven" for gay broadcasters. A place they can go without fear of that so-called "morals clause" in their contracts. Both Sam Champion from Good Morning America and I am pretty sure that Seamus O'Regan from Canada's CTV Network were members at Hillside back in the day as well as many other local broadcasters too, in their case ( the local ones ) can't mention their names on here since well...don't want to "out" someone even if it may be an open secret in their markets that they are gay. Anyway back to Brucie..even if he had never been to Hillside with so many in the biz hanging out there ( plus the large number of New Yorkers as well )..ah they would know...something
    Last edited by choff; 02-12-2013 at 03:31 PM.

I have been listening to Cousin' Brucie shows from the late '60's lately and he seemed to purposely effect a fey type fellow. But the thing that got me wondering was how he would always claim to be in love with Tiny Tim. Cousin Brucie was one of the best.

I have some old WLS air checks from the '70's and I can't help but infer that John Landecker is gay. I have several shows from Steve King who came on after John Landecker and King gay baits and and gay bashes Landecker! It seemed creepy and not funny to me.
    Peter the Hermit

I have been listening to Cousin' Brucie shows from the late '60's lately and he seemed to purposely effect a fey type fellow. But the thing that got me wondering was how he would always claim to be in love with Tiny Tim. Cousin Brucie was one of the best.

I have some old WLS air checks from the '70's and I can't help but infer that John Landecker is gay. I have several shows from Steve King who came on after John Landecker and King gay baits and and gay bashes Landecker! It seemed creepy and not funny to me.
    Sounds like Steve KING was actually a drama QUEEN. I can't even begin to count the number of announcers who I had worked with over the years who would be so so so homophobic on the air...yet they were gay. Hardly a surprise, well to me it wasn't but it was to my family when I told them that so and so is gay yet they would hear the same guy screaming on the air shit like "...I don't drink milk because it has the word HOMO on the carton" or telling those gawd awful "gay Bruce" jokes. Don't have any old WLS airchecks in my collection but I do have a good many WWDJ ones ( WWDJ was in NYC..OK..northern New Jersey ). My favorite was the late Bwana Johnny. Yeah he told quite a few homophobic jokes ( though not so much on the attached clip )..and yes the man was gay too. Pattern here ?? Hmmmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZsmwq_ddSI
    Last edited by choff; 02-14-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Clive Davis just admitted to being bi sexual!
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I recently read an article on Yahoo where the author claimed Adlai Stevenson was gay.
    Peter the Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    Jillian Michaels
    Jillian Michaels? I can't stop touching myself!
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Cousin Brucie?
    Yes, I had the same question. Never heard of him before and didn't understand the references. I did find a couple of links that explains who he is:

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/xen/i...o-cares.67813/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Morrow

Apparently he is/was a very popular DJ in New York City and other cities on the East Coast. Since I live in Los Angeles, this is probably why I have never heard of him. Also, he was very popular in the 1960's, so even if you live on the East Coast you might not have heard him if you are younger (born after 1980). From what I can determine, Cousin Brucie might be the equivalent of Rick Dees here in LA.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Cousin Brucie (Bruce Morrow) and Dan Ingram alternated as being the most popular radio announcer in New York City, which was the #1 market at the time. No mean feat. I have many of Cousin' Brucie's shows and he was very good and entertaining. Now radio announcers just try to outgross each other.
    Peter the Hermit

I knew it! I knew it! Photographic proof! I'll be off in the other room for a while.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	velma.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	46231
    Peter the Hermit

Raven Symone and her vague tweet - did she come out or no?
    http://www.eonline.com/news/445392/r...know-i-can-now
    Regardless shes either real slow to react to old news stories or does not stay current with the news.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I saw a post about Raven Symone's tweet on Tumblr. It looks like she came out to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah seems she came out alright

Bayou Queen Guest
    I met her once and got her autograph for my grand daughter. Seemed like a nice sensible kid.

Meow Guest
    Zachary Quinto is now famously-out

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1877213.html

Name:	quinto.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	47664

I knew it! I knew it! Photographic proof! I'll be off in the other room for a while.

Name:	velma.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	46231
    Sigh!! We didn't need a photo proof that Thelma was gay, we already knew it , Daphne (was that the redhead's name? I can't recall) was a bit of a shock though
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post

I love him in American Horror Story!

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post

Wow, what I wouldn't do to him, and his gorgeous boyfriend, broadway star Jonathan Groff. Together, of course! Rrowr!!!

I will never believe that Andrew Zimmern (The Bizzare Foods guy) is straight.

i thought zq officially came out a bout a year ago, before american horror story.

I was surprised that AZ had a girl friend back when he was doing cooking segments on our local news.

Ok so my gaydar is way off. Is Sean Hayes gay? Will & Grace was a good show & he played a funny gay man & now he has a show in which again, he plays ...... nothing more than a gay man. Is he really gay in real life??? My gaydar is off but it seems Sean Hayes is one of these liberals that desperately want people to know that indeed he does like men and sleeps with men......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is a Sean Hayes thread. Sean came out when he did Promises, Promises on Broadway. It provoked a discussion of know that we all know he is gay how are we to believe him credible in a romantic straight male lead. The guy who won the Tony was a straight guy playing a gay role. We seem to give awards to straight people playing gay and gays playing straight.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I'm not sure if my gaydar even works but he sets off a nice loud ping. I'm pretty sure he's gay fo really real.

Once again I type slow.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

He had to come out? lol.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Looks like Maria Bello is part of the family now! Didn't see this one coming...

http://gawker.com/maria-bello-sort-o...ium=socialflow

YuukaK Guest
    Matt Boehmer from White Collar.

I always thought that about Maria.

Quote Originally Posted by YuukaK View Post
    Matt Boehmer from White Collar.
    Please tell me he's not actually gay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1272997.html

Katrinawitch Guest
    Olympic Diver from Great Britain, Tom Daley, just came out in a video. I pretty much called that one during the London summer Olympics:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4370646.html

I adore anything Olympics, but I think diving is one of my absolute favorites. Men's synchronized, just, wow! And those tiny little bathing suits?! Yeesh!
    Last edited by Katrinawitch; 12-02-2013 at 05:27 AM.

YuukaK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Sorry, I can't lie.

I've been wondering if Matthew Gray Gubler (Reid on Criminal Minds) is gay? Anyone with inside information???

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sue View Post
    I've been wondering if Matthew Gray Gubler (Reid on Criminal Minds) is gay? Anyone with inside information???
    Not that I know of. He had a relationship with Kat Dennings for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    Olympic Diver from Great Britain, Tom Daley, just came out in a video. I pretty much called that one during the London summer Olympics:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4370646.html

I adore anything Olympics, but I think diving is one of my absolute favorites. Men's synchronized, just, wow! And those tiny little bathing suits?! Yeesh!
    Good for him. He's pretty damn fit, as all divers/swimmers are I guess. I wonder who his lucky boyfriend is.

Seagorath Guest
    I always thought Brother Love was gay.

Did anyone see this one coming.

Olympic figure skating champion Brian Boitano came out Thursday, two days after he was named to the U.S. delegation for Sochi along with openly gay athletes Billie Jean King and Caitlin Cahow.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/st...rts%3Aansfox11
    Last edited by coconn04; 12-20-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

tarsier Guest
    Did anyone not see Boitano?

Be still my beating heart. Brian Boitano is gay?!

Name:	brian-boitano-1-660.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	49333
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Wow. Shocker.
    Did he even really need to come out of the closet? He sure didn't have the door shut very tight.

It is a stupid question but why do these people think they are being brave and all that when it is kind of obvious. Did he really think he had people fooled?

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I agree. There can't be a soul who thought he was straight. I guess he just wanted to address it. Maybe they think it will make it easier for some kid who is struggling to be who he really is.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I agree. There can't be a soul who thought he was straight. I guess he just wanted to address it. Maybe they think it will make it easier for some kid who is struggling to be who he really is.
    He's adorable, so I don't care what he does. Plus, he can cook and whatnot. I look forward to seeing/hearing him and Johnny Weir commentating on the upcoming Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    It is a stupid question but why do these people think they are being brave and all that when it is kind of obvious. Did he really think he had people fooled?
    It's extremely brave whether it's obvious or not. What was it like when you came out or have you not experienced it?

looks like robin roberts finally stepped out. i always had gaydar about her

Yeah.. No surprise with her. I like her a lot, and worry about her every time I see her in the headlines.

Hell I knew she was. Her "RRR" bracelets are rainbow. That kind of helped confirm my suspicions. That said, I love the quiet way she came out.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/29/robin-...ay-girlfriend/
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."