Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

death hag dee Guest
    Fig John beat me to him!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by death hag dee View Post
    Fig John beat me to him!!!!

By only about 3 years.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    By only about 3 years.
    Either way, it's a great blast from the past. I've liked Brother Iz's music since the first time I heard it.

Listen to this beautiful song. Brought me to tears.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyQGn...eature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

havoc Guest
    Six years after his death, hundreds paid tribute to Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawiwo'ole yesterday as a 200-pound bronze bust of the revered singer was unveiled. The singer's widow, Marlene Kamakawiwo'ole, and sculptor Jan-Michelle Sawyer placed leis on the sculpture during the dedication ceremony at the Waianae Neighborhood Community Center. The bust finally arrived this week, but the statue's base was marred by graffiti. The graffiti was removed in time for yesterday's unveiling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IzBust.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	30058  

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Six years after his death, hundreds paid tribute to Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawiwo'ole yesterday as a 200-pound bronze bust of the revered singer was unveiled. The singer's widow, Marlene Kamakawiwo'ole, and sculptor Jan-Michelle Sawyer placed leis on the sculpture during the dedication ceremony at the Waianae Neighborhood Community Center. The bust finally arrived this week, but the statue's base was marred by graffiti. The graffiti was removed in time for yesterday's unveiling.
    I really loved Iz and am very sad that he died, but the bust is downright creepy.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I really loved Iz and am very sad that he died, but the bust is downright creepy.
    It looks like he's going to turn his head and start talking to those ladies at any second, doesn't it?

The bust seems to be a tad bit too small.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    It looks like he's going to turn his head and start talking to those ladies at any second, doesn't it?
    Yes, it does. Plus, I have to wonder what happened to his arms, legs and the bottom half of his torso. It looks like poor ol' Iz was attacked by a shark. The artist should have included a pool of blood and ligaments, entrails and bone fragments hanging off the sculpture.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Listen to this beautiful song. Brought me to tears.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyQGn...eature=related
    One of my favorites, first time I have seen the video, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Yes, it does. Plus, I have to wonder what happened to his arms, legs and the bottom half of his torso. It looks like poor ol' Iz was attacked by a shark. The artist should have included a pool of blood and ligaments, entrails and bone fragments hanging off the sculpture.
    It probably wouldn't get lei'd as much if it did.

Giada Guest
    Enjoyed his version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, but Eva Cassidy remains my favorite ....

She is here on FAD, another young death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccCnL8hArW8

My DW and I love Over The Rainbow/Wonderful World. Unfortunately it was played at the funeral of one of my DW's friends, so she can no longer listen to it.

I am so behind. I didn't know he was dead. I'd heard his music on a few movies and bought them on I-Tunes, but didn't know anything about him. He had some beautiful songs.

jeca Guest
    I absolutely love his version of Over The Rainbow. I had no idea he was dead. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
    I am so behind. I didn't know he was dead. I'd heard his music on a few movies and bought them on I-Tunes, but didn't know anything about him. He had some beautiful songs.
    LOL . I am 7 years behind you ! I loved that song in 50 First Dates but I thought it was sung by the guy who was in Shallow Hal .Now I've found him on You Tube ,I can't stop playing his songs .
    When I put his name in an image search a vile zombified picture of him came up ,gave me the absolute creeps What a great voice he had - well worth a bump into 2018 .

That song strikes me just so. It's mesmerizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    That song strikes me just so. It's mesmerizing.
    Couldn't agree more .He is amazing .

19. 01-12-2019, 03:39 PM

I always think about the movie: Finding Forester with Sean Connery, and Rob Brown. It has Iz's "Over the Rainbow" played in it. It's a wonderful song and movie.