Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Gallery

Danny62 Guest

Night Gallery

What did everyone think of this one?

I heard they pretty much froze Rod Serling out of alot of writing and just wanted him for his name!

I liked the paintings though!!!

IT was an okay show nothing like Twilight Zone though!

OBX Guest
    The thing with Night Gallery was that one week, they would have a couple of great stories. Then they might go a week or two and it wouldn't be so great. I will say this, it did have a few shows that were scary, so I watched it.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX View Post
    The thing with Night Gallery was that one week, they would have a couple of great stories. Then they might go a week or two and it wouldn't be so great. I will say this, it did have a few shows that were scary, so I watched it.
    The paintings were creepy as hell. I know Rod Serling penned some stories but for the most part he was ignored from writing stories on the series.

Rod was way ahead of his time. Yes, the paintings WERE creepy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

cobbius Guest
    I would LOVE to have some of those paintings!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cobbius View Post
    I would LOVE to have some of those paintings!
    I watched a show once about Night Gallery and those paintings still exist. I am sure it would expensive as hell to own one?

cobbius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I watched a show once about Night Gallery and those paintings still exist. I am sure it would expensive as hell to own one?
    I would settle for a reasonable facsimile or print. Those paintings were UBER-COOL. I looked on ebay, and even the hacks on there don't have look-a-likes for sale, so, it's probably a safe bet that the originals are going for some good sized coin.

stephenmiller Guest

Anyone remember Night Gallery?

One of my all-time favorites is Night Gallery with Rod Serling. One episode I vividly remember seeing as a child is the one with the radio dj all alone in that station and the devil (repesented as a face with a big 'fro) takes over the station and in the end, the dj gets electrocuted. The last image we see is the dj's portrait joining that of previous unlucky djs who only lasted a single day!
    Comments and memories to share?

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Yeah, it still comes on the Chiller station. I watch it all the time. That one with the dj is a good one!

The paintings that they show before each story are really cool. I'd love to get my hands on one of those!

Last edited by Lout_Rampage; 12-19-2008 at 06:16 PM.

xenaswolf Guest
    I remember one where someone donated body parts to various folks and their ghost came back to get the parts. Scared the living shit out of me.

stephenmiller Guest
    The paintings still scare me after all these years!
    Any other comments on that episode with the DJ and others?

Lout_Rampage Guest
    My favorite is "The Doll". There are alot of scary doll stories, but this one actually freaked me out. My blood ran cold everytime they showed the doll.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    Dang it.
    We've all done it.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Shit why are you all "Dang it."? You didnt even post it.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    My favorite is "The Doll". There are alot of scary doll stories, but this one actually freaked me out. My blood ran cold everytime they showed the doll.

OMG...........that`s mine too......I swear my mom got me one of those freaky stand up dolls and I refused to go near her.....another episode was the one where the painting going up the stairs kept changing until the buried corpse reached the door and knocked.....can`t remember the exact story, but damn that gave me nightmares

Lout_Rampage Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Shit why are you all "Dang it."? You didnt even post it.
    Lol, I'm just enjoying talking about it. I don't know. Sometimes you're just all "Dang it!", and you don't know why!

Tracyb24 Guest
    Hell yeah, I remember Night Gallery and all the sleepless, scared as fuck nights it brought!

stephenmiller Guest
    The episode with the DJ is called The Flip Side of Satan, actually. Satan wears a big afro in this one!

Suzanne30 Guest
    "Greenfingers" with Cameron Mitchell and Elsa Lanchester was a good one.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Season 2 (the best season) was just released on dvd, FINALLY. I'm all over it.
    -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51xWB7JBWEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	11091  

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    "Greenfingers" with Cameron Mitchell and Elsa Lanchester was a good one.

Terrifying! I think it was the look on Elsa's face at the end. I still remember that one!

Another favorite- I think it was a Night Gallery. John Astin plays Mr. Hippie who dies and thinks he's arrived in heaven. He's led into a parlor full of lace doilies and heavy furniture and a middle aged couple who play elevator music on the record player. Astin goes to the head guy and says, "I can't handle this, I'm a happening dude- I want to go to the other place" Then the guy starts laughing manically and says ' This is the other place!"

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Terrifying! I think it was the look on Elsa's face at the end. I still remember that one!

Another favorite- I think it was a Night Gallery. John Astin plays Mr. Hippie who dies and thinks he's arrived in heaven. He's led into a parlor full of lace doilies and heavy furniture and a middle aged couple who play elevator music on the record player. Astin goes to the head guy and says, "I can't handle this, I'm a happening dude- I want to go to the other place" Then the guy starts laughing manically and says ' This is the other place!"
    That sounds like a tweaked version of " A Nice Place To Visit". A Twilight Zone episode with Sebastion Cabot and Larry Blyden.

ghoulgurl Guest
    Does anyone remember the episode where the librarian gets locked in her workplace and presumably ends up getting killed? I swear it was Joan Crawford who played the role but I can't find anything anywhere to confirm it. Thanks!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoulgurl View Post
    Does anyone remember the episode where the librarian gets locked in her workplace and presumably ends up getting killed? I swear it was Joan Crawford who played the role but I can't find anything anywhere to confirm it. Thanks!

She played in the pilot which was a movie, but as you can see by the link she wasn`t a librarian.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064725/plotsummary

ghoulgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    She played in the pilot which was a movie, but as you can see by the link she wasn`t a librarian.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064725/plotsummary
    Yeah, that's where I'm stumped...my memory insists that was the case but clearly I'm wrong. I searched a print publication that listed every ep. and nothing matched. Thanks MM!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoulgurl View Post
    Yeah, that's where I'm stumped...my memory insists that was the case but clearly I'm wrong. I searched a print publication that listed every ep. and nothing matched. Thanks MM!

smooches......

Sam Guest

Night Gallery scared the PISS out of me as a teenager!

That UGLY ASSED VOODOO DOLL BITCH!!! was one of the worst.
    My brother and I were watching it as a rerun late one night in 1974 when my sister was about 6, I was 18 and my brother was 16.
    Since my father worked nights at that time my sister slept with my mother.
    She could hear the TV from their room with all the creepy music and she peeked from around the corner into the living room to see what we were watching.
    My brother kept saying, "Stacy, go back to bed, Stacy, go back to bed." We knew she didn't need to be watching things like that, but she wouldn't do what we told her.
    My brother was in the swivel chair and I was on the sofa when I happened to notice that her "Mrs. Beasley" doll was lying on the sofa near me. I moved my fingers slowly and carefully over toward the doll until I had a grasp on it.
    Just when they showed that ugly assed doll on the screen again I THREW the "Mrs. Beasly" doll at her!
    She hauled ass down the hall and all we heard was her whimpering as my mother told her. "Well they TOLD you to go back to bed!"

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

My brother and I were watching it as a rerun late one night in 1974 when my sister was about 6, I was 18 and my brother was 16.
    She could hear the TV from their room with all the creepy music and she peeked from around the corner into the living room to see what we were watching.
    My brother kept saying, "Stacy, go back to bed, Stacy, go back to bed." We knew she didn't need to be watching things like that, but she wouldn't do what we told her.
    My brother was in the swivel chair and I was on the sofa when I happened to notice that her "Mrs. Beasley" doll was lying on the sofa near me. I moved my fingers slowly and carefully over toward the doll until I had a grasp on it.
    Just when they showed that ugly assed doll on the screen again I THREW the "Mrs. Beasly" doll at her!
    She hauled ass down the hall and all we heard was her whimpering as my mother told her. "Well they TOLD you to go back to bed!"

HAAAAAAA.......that is hilarious......

LemonPopsicle Guest
    I've become addicted to the show via dvd. I'm not easily scared but it's funny how subtle the show is compared to current horror programming yet little things on Night Gallery will give me the creeps. I loved Joan Crawford's episode. I would die to have one of those paintings on my wall. I imagine I wouldn't get very many visitors though.

Sam Guest
    I just noticed that DANNY62 started this thread.
    My brother was named Danny and he was born in 1957.
    He was the one who kept telling my sister Stacy to "Go back to bed!"

Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post

I think I remember that one. Weren't they making him sit and watch old slideshows of family vacations?

The one I remember the most, I think it was on Night Gallery, was the one where the bug crawled into this guys ear and was making it's way through his brain to get out the other side and they had the guy tied to the bed because he was going stark raving mad with the feeling in his brain. There is a twist at the end but I won't divulge it because there are those here just watching for the first time and I don't want to ruin it for anybody. But does anybody remember that episode? I think it took place at some tropical resort or something and they were all stuck inside because it was pouring rain the whole time.

But hey, I like bugs! heehee!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

opheliahardin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by priceless View Post
    was the one where the bug crawled into this guys ear and was making it's way through his brain to get out the other side and they had the guy tied to the bed because he was going stark raving mad with the feeling in his brain.
    I sure do! That one creeped me out as a kid....

CORONERGAL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

AGH AGH AGH!!! This episode scared the boogers outta me when I first saw it! I refused to have anything to do with my dolls for a long time after seeing it. Thanks, Sam. Let the nightmares commence!

simon69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    The episode with the DJ is called The Flip Side of Satan, actually. Satan wears a big afro in this one!
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/58792/nigh...cience-Fiction

37. 03-28-2009, 01:47 PM

simon69 Guest

The Messiah On Mott Street/The Painted Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by priceless View Post
    I think I remember that one. Weren't they making him sit and watch old slideshows of family vacations?

The one I remember the most, I think it was on Night Gallery, was the one where the bug crawled into this guys ear and was making it's way through his brain to get out the other side and they had the guy tied to the bed because he was going stark raving mad with the feeling in his brain. There is a twist at the end but I won't divulge it because there are those here just watching for the first time and I don't want to ruin it for anybody. But does anybody remember that episode? I think it took place at some tropical resort or something and they were all stuck inside because it was pouring rain the whole time.

But hey, I like bugs! heehee!
    Oh that one was the best! Wasn't it an earwig or something? I was terrified to lie in grass after seeing that; I didn't want one crawling in my ear! And that twist at the end was great!

hoxharding Guest
    I guess it got so bad that Rod Serling wanted to be far away from the show as possible.
    I get the dvds from Netflix. Some of the episodes are really good. One just seemed to be a set-up for a bad joke. It involved Jack Cassidy who could astral project from his body. He was going to project himself into a bedroom and kill the person.
    All I will say is he does it and then says 'Oh noooo! Wrong room!'
    Guess whose room he went into?

opheliahardin Guest
    As Simon69 has noted, they've recently added quite a few more to the lineup at Hulu.com.

Not all are available, though. I use epGuides.com to figure out which ones to watch.

hoxharding Guest
    Alot of well-known people were on them. I recall one was about a sin-eater and starred Richard Thompson-heck,the guy who played JohnBoy(whatever his name is)
    The Jack Cassidy story is funny though 'Oh nooo,wrong room!' *lol*

OMG...........that`s mine too......I swear my mom got me one of those freaky stand up dolls and I refused to go near her.....another episode was the one where the painting going up the stairs kept changing until the buried corpse reached the door and knocked.....can`t remember the exact story, but damn that gave me nightmares

Sounds like the one of the 3 segments from the tv-movie pilot. RODDY McDOWALL played the greedy nephew of a wealthy man who bedridden and at death's door. I can't remember if the RODDY character hastened the uncle's death but he was completely mercenary and didn't give a shit about his relative. The other main character was a butler who was African American who was (seemingly) devoted to his terminal wealthy employer. The butler/manservant was named 'Portifoy' and RODDY kept calling this guy with his usual affectation. After the old man dies the RODDY character takes over his house and treats the manservant like shit. There's a creepy painting of the family graveyard which is hanging on the wall going up the staircase. (I think that it was the same set used for THE BIG VALLEY). The graveyard lies next to the mansion. RODDY begins to notice that everytime he passes the painting on the stairs that it appears that there's a disturbance going on in the graveyard which is slowly escalating. The manservant doesn't see it at all and acts like he thinks that RODDY is losing it . It (painting) culminates with the recently deceased uncle appearing to be coming back from the grave to go after his bastard of a nephew. There's someone or something that begins to pound on the front door and RODDY gets so worked up that he dies from fright. In the next scene it's a few weeks later and we see the manservant now dressed in a smoking jacket and he has apparently inherited everything. We see him pay the artist who had painted the series of paintings that showed the ever increasing menace of the vengeful uncle escaping from his fresh grave. The artist leaves the former manservant to enjoy his newfound wealth but then he sees that the painting appears to be changing and showing RODDY escaping his recently dug grave.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Sounds like the one of the 3 segments from the tv-movie pilot. RODDY McDOWALL played the greedy nephew of a wealthy man who bedridden and at death's door. I can't remember if the RODDY character hastened the uncle's death but he was completely mercenary and didn't give a shit about his relative. The other main character was a butler who was African American who was (seemingly) devoted to his terminal wealthy employer. The butler/manservant was named 'Portifoy' and RODDY kept calling this guy with his usual affectation. After the old man dies the RODDY character takes over his house and treats the manservant like shit. There's a creepy painting of the family graveyard which is hanging on the wall going up the staircase. (I think that it was the same set used for THE BIG VALLEY). The graveyard lies next to the mansion. RODDY begins to notice that everytime he passes the painting on the stairs that it appears that there's a disturbance going on in the graveyard which is slowly escalating. The manservant doesn't see it at all and acts like he thinks that RODDY is losing it . It (painting) culminates with the recently deceased uncle appearing to be coming back from the grave to go after his bastard of a nephew. There's someone or something that begins to pound on the front door and RODDY gets so worked up that he dies from fright. In the next scene it's a few weeks later and we see the manservant now dressed in a smoking jacket and he has apparently inherited everything. We see him pay the artist who had painted the series of paintings that showed the ever increasing menace of the vengeful uncle escaping from his fresh grave. The artist leaves the former manservant to enjoy his newfound wealth but then he sees that the painting appears to be changing and showing RODDY escaping his recently dug grave.
    I saw that last month-it was really creepy!
    There also is an episode about a man who can hypnotize a man who can imitate any illness.
    Then he hypnotizes the guy into being dead and he seems dead.
    The ending kind of confused me,but it was also creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmiller View Post
    *Not that there's anything wrong with that*

tarsier Guest
    The Doll had teeth! My Grandmother had one of those freaking polveline dolls in her front room refused to go in that room with it. Never liked dolls anyway other than my Tiffany which is very cool dolls creep me out. Loved Nightgallery though the paintngs made it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    The Doll had teeth! My Grandmother had one of those freaking polveline dolls in her front room refused to go in that room with it. Never liked dolls anyway other than my Tiffany which is very cool dolls creep me out. Loved Nightgallery though the paintngs made it.
    I'd rather have that doll than the "Trilogy of Terror" doll, wouldn't you??

question...didn't night gallery morph or was a spin off to ''the sixth sense''..?

Suzanne30 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgiaguy1 View Post
    question...didn't night gallery morph or was a spin off to ''the sixth sense''..?
    Yes, some of the Sixth Sense episodes were incorporated into the Night Gallery.

simon69 Guest
    I believe it was with that man of sobriety, Gary Collins He had ESP. Now he has DUI behind his name

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaver mangler View Post
    I'd rather have that doll than the "Trilogy of Terror" doll, wouldn't you??

I saw it for sale on the Internet for either $44.00 or $49,00 and I was going to buy it for my sister and sneak it into her bed. She's 40 years old and she told me if I'd done that she would've killed me!