Page 126 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2777117124125126127128135 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,300 of 6807

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island

Wow. I'd never realized how close those cars were to the building. In all the photos/videos I've seen, they looked further away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Look at all the orbs!

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    It's Ken again, with more regarding the external hard drive with the Station Fire files. I found a site, Google Drive, that allows free online storage up to 15 GB, which accommodates all the written files, pictures, and most of the audio from the Station Fire files. It turns out that over 90% of the Station Fire files are video, more specifically DVD folders for various short DVD segments related to the fire, old band video shoots, investigation interviews, etc. So again that means that most of the other material in the files will fit on the online storage site. So I uploaded them, and they are available for everyone to download. They take up about 12 GB of space, for those wanting to download. The link is here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Uk&usp=sharing

The files on this site contain the same folder structure as the files on the external hard drive. The video file folders that contained the large files are in the correct locations, but are blank. But a few videos are included that didn't take up too much space. The only other folder that is missing files is a set of West Warwick town meeting audio files which take up 10 GB alone. But I doubt they contain much that we would consider noteworthy regarding the fire, so they are omitted.

To summarize the folders with missing files, they are:
    \1st Disclosure\Videos (130 GB)
    \3rd Phase\Videos (4.2 GB)
    \Phase 4\Audio Recordings\Town Meetings (10 GB)
    \Phase 4\Expert Videos (15.6 GB)

Let me know if you have any questions about these files, and I'm glad to help make them available to the public once again.
    I swear Ken, I may have to leave my husband for you. Thanks so much for doing this!
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    Look at all the orbs!
    OMG Did you see that? I thought the exact same thing! Was it the one pic that had it & then none of the others do?

Let me see if I can find it to post...

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    I have to say, Matthew Pickett's walkman actually looks better than I imagined that it would.
    I was thinking the same thing. If he kept the Walkman in his inside jacket pocket, it would indicate to me that he fell face down when he was overcome, and his body shielded the recorder from the flames. Still so sad.....

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonams View Post
    I swear Ken, I may have to leave my husband for you. Thanks so much for doing this!
    I don't think my wife would let you, but you're welcome!

I am looking for the best way for you all to download these files using Google Drive; people may need to install the Google Drive application on their computer for best results. I'll let you know what more I find out, thanks!
    Last edited by dionyzus; 03-09-2014 at 09:41 PM.

tjh960 Guest
    Thanks for dropping this on our laps Dionyzus...I'll be picking apart the Grand Jury Statements..I know I would have been a "monkeywrench" in some peoples statements.

Oh you rock buddy! To be honest, I was kind of afraid no one was going to be able to get the info...that the RI Attorney General was just blowing smoke to get people off their cases about the data. When the ole tax money comes in, I may have to request the info too. Anybody have any suggestions on a site where this can be uploaded and accessed?
    All of the files can be uploaded to an FTP and from there others can access it, although 172 GB's would take a REALLY long time to upload/download and that's if the FTP server can facilitate that much space. I think the best way to get the files would be as the poster suggested, send a hard drive in and have it loaded up and then mailed back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Folks, I hate to throw a blanket over your good intentions, but asking for donations of any kind without approval is against FAD Forum policy. Please do not post any links to donate. If you have questions, send Nick a PM.
    did you use that analogy because this is a thread about a fire? the good intentions in this case being the fire? very clever.
    Last edited by Jason; 03-10-2014 at 08:18 AM.

I think I spoke a little bit too soon. The back of Matthew Pickett's walkman didn't look so great. It is amazing the data retrieved from that horrible fire.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Mammy Guest
    I hate to keep sounding like a broken record here, but is there any mention of the locations inside the building where the victims were recovered?

Seeing that cash register drawer in the snow just chaps my ass raw!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I hate to keep sounding like a broken record here, but is there any mention of the locations inside the building where the victims were recovered?

Seeing that cash register drawer in the snow just chaps my ass raw!

Nope. Ive been through a lot of it....I'm thinking its not in there...

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Nope. Ive been through a lot of it....I'm thinking its not in there...
    Shit! I was afraid that's what you would say. Lol

evans Guest
    Wow lemmein. I haven't listened to your version yet but I'm goin in...I had to take a break after my last post. Honestly? Hearing those individual voices stayed with me for a few days in a big way. Did you hear the things I heard?

Going to listen to yours. Thx :-)

Quote Originally Posted by evans View Post
    Wow lemmein. I haven't listened to your version yet but I'm goin in...I had to take a break after my last post. Honestly? Hearing those individual voices stayed with me for a few days in a big way. Did you hear the things I heard?

Going to listen to yours. Thx :-)
    Wow to both of you. I just started listening to it now, it's like I've never heard it before...well I try never to have the sound on anyway. Having the script makes me speechless.

evans Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmein View Post
    evans... great find! audio on that one does sound clearer! .. although the video quality appears to be the same *to me* as previous posts.. lots of VHS artifacts like wavy lines and blurred images.. but again the audio on that one is definitely very noticably clearer..

to my eyes.. the vid i posted just before yours.. #6155 shows the clearest in club footage, but the audio is horrible.. maybe ill take a second today to grab the audio from your post and the video from mine and pair them.. although the video i posted is SEVERELY recut and pretty much useless in its truncated form..

heres a comparison:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comparison.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	50046
    http://imageshack.com/a/img713/167/r7tr.jpg

I so desperately want to see the original footage. Everything we've seen thus far looks like a capture of a capture.
    Oh you're definitely right lemmein..the 9 min vid I posted isn't higher quality visually like I thought. But for some reason I thought so at the time. But I DO know I heard much more clearly. It was surreal and weird. A whole new dimension on this thing. I'm also trying to understand why I want and need to know about all this stuff in the first place.

I have been researching Google Drive to see how others will see the files I uploaded. I think I know how to get them in a folder structure on your computer.

1. Get a google account (it's free). Also install the Google Drive application on your computer.

2. When you are looking at the files in the link I posted (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Uk&usp=sharing in the top folder called SF_Public) click the blue Sign In button in the upper right corner. Here sign in to your google account.

3. The blue button will change to say Add to Drive. When clicked, a message should appear saying it has been added.

4. The blue button changes again to Open in Drive. Click this too.

5. When Google Drive is open, select Preferences. (You can also right click the Google Drive icon in the bottom right of your screen, and select Preferences there.)

6. In the Preferences window, select Sync to Computer. The 12 GB of files will then begin to download to your computer.

7. Finally open Windows Explorer. You should now see a Google Drive folder in your Favorites list in the upper left corner of the window, or under your Documents folder. If not there, look under C:\Users\[You]\Google Drive. It should look like this:

Name:	Google Drive.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	50134

Files from these folders should then be able to be opened and copied like they are in a normal directory on your computer. Let me know if you all have any problems, thanks!
    Last edited by dionyzus; 03-11-2014 at 05:39 AM.

evans Guest
    Thanks again to Ken/Dion for getting the files!!!

Back of James Gahan & Derek Gray:

Name:	stationfire11.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	50121
    OMG...This REALLY shows how fast the fire spread! It's already gone that far while the band is still playing! It's so hard to wrap your head around that. God... Thx Ken/Dion for the files and LLC for posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvCi-4RWKI4#t=7m56s

07:56 - 08:12 in case anyone needed a reminder of how classy Jack Russell is..
    So damned classy, I couldn't watch anymore after the "toilet paper" incident (chortles!)

evans Guest
    sharpest i've found yet --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wWktCkulV0 (watch in 1080p)
    footage appears to be stabilized, so you'll see the timecode morphing about, but it definitely does help.

from 4:06 to 4:20 looks like a docudrama about the fire.. any info on that?
    Boy that is about the clearest version I've seen. I don't know why the person who put that one on YouTube felt like they needed to ADD drama to this story.

I want to see the original footage too.

The other night when I was able to start breaking down actual conversations and individual voices, I felt like I'd accidentally stumbled into another dimension of the Station Fire video and overall situation.

Once I heard one or two comments and individual voices I'd never heard before, I couldn't go back. It's like a switch was flipped on in my brain or something. You know how the video gets after a while...a big wall of sound and images we know are coming. I think we've just scratched the surface.

So I've got some lofty goals to go with a fresh new energy and perspective; some old some new.

1) find or develop best video possible for now

2) identify, mark and script every individual communication and voice possible from start to finish

3) locate the original, clear footage

4) find a way to MP's DAT

5) match victims to locations

6) get first responder photos

7) find out more about each individual-victims, survivors...and I'd REALLY like to know more about the guys struggling to pull people out of that pile up until the very last second!
    Last edited by evans; 03-11-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Goldieannabelle Guest
    Boy that is about the clearest I've seen. I don't know why the person who put that one on YouTube felt like they needed to ADD drama to this story.

I want to see the original footage too. I first ran across the video and this captivating thread about 3 years ago and I've followed it off and on, struggling with my interest in it. A couple of weeks ago I just decided to admit the fact that for whatever reason something inside of me needs to know everything. I'm just thankful you and everyone else on this thread understand and talk about it. The senior "Station Fire Hags" are so supportive of us newbies who run across the footage and find this tragedy impossible to turn away from. Crims, LLC, Mammy, SheeBee, Noelle, Maryd...thank you for this investigative and supportive thread. You not only researched this horrific event like a crack team of investigative reporters...you shared this wealth of information with all of us; not once...but patiently over and over again every time someone new joins the thread asking the same questions and make the same comments answered many times over throughout the years. :-)

The other night when I was able to start breaking down actual conversations and individual voices, I felt like I'd accidentally stumbled into another dimension of the Station Fire video and overall situation.

Once I heard one or two comments and individual voices I'd never heard before, I couldn't go back. It's like a switch was flipped on in my brain or something. You know how the video gets after a while...a big wall of sound and images we know are coming. I think we've just scratched the surface.

So I've got some lofty goals to go with a fresh new energy and perspective; some old some new.

1) find or develop best video possible for now

2) identify, mark and script every individual communication and voice possible from start to finish

3) locate the original, clear footage

4) find a way to MP's DAT

5) match victims to locations

6) get first responder photos
    The docudrama footage from 4:06 to 4:20 in the video that lemmeim posted (with the theme song from Dallas) is actually from a doucdrama about the Stardust nightclub fire that happened in Dublin Ireland in 1981 which also had a very sad outcome and resulted in 48 lives lost, you can find the Stardust Docudrama on youtube, there is also a song called They Never Came Home which is based on the Stardust. I hope I helped you a little bit with the drama part evans.
    Last edited by Goldieannabelle; 03-11-2014 at 06:55 AM.

evans Guest
    Thank you Goldie! Yeah I actually DID know that info! (for a change :-) I guess what I was trying to say is, why would anyone feel the need to mix scenes from a TV docudrama to the real life Station Fire video? There was already enough drama and mayhem to last a lifetime. But I guess with that weird, inappropriate soundtrack in the background it's just somebody's bizarre sense of art or humor. This picture is good though.

evans Guest
    Thanks again to Ken/Dion for getting the files!!!

Back of James Gahan & Derek Gray:

Name:	stationfire11.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	50121
    OK check this out! I think I found the guy who took this picture actually taking it in the video! Start watching at 2:50 on the 5 min video I posted below. It happens fast between 2:50 and 2:59...Butler whips the camera around to the right. At exactly 2:54 a guy with short brown/black hair lifts a camera with a beer dangling from his hand, casually snaps a shot, clearly has an "oh shit!" moment and turns around to bolt for the door. Yeah? Same pic?

Last edited by evans; 03-11-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Posting this per request of TJ:

Name:	stationfire12.JPG 
Views:	255 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	50138

tjh960 Guest
    Posting this per request of TJ:

Name:	stationfire12.JPG 
Views:	255 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	50138
    Hi everyone, I'm the guy on the left in this photo. I'd say the time was between 11:25 and 11:30

Goldieannabelle Guest
    Thank you Goldie! Yeah I actually DID know that info! (for a change :-) I guess what I was trying to say is, why would anyone feel the need to mix scenes from a TV docudrama to the real life Station Fire video? There was already enough drama and mayhem to last a lifetime. But I guess with that weird, inappropriate soundtrack in the background it's just somebody's bizarre sense of art or humor. This picture is good though.
    You're very welcome evans . I agree it's very odd that they did used a docudrama about a completely different fire with the Station fire and the soundtrack music. And you're right for the Station fire there was already enough drama.

OMGosh T.J., that was the first thing that I thought of when I was that photograph. "I wonder if that was T.J.?" You sure were close to that fire. I cannot imagine the heat.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

tjh960 Guest
    OMGosh T.J., that was the first thing that I thought of when I was that photograph. "I wonder if that was T.J.?" You sure were close to that fire. I cannot imagine the heat.
    That was about 100ft from the building, 10 minutes earlier I was a lot closer when I was poking my head into the stage door. I wasn't wearing my jacket then...once we were told to clear the area I headed for my car which was parked in the Galaxy parking lot. I grabbed my coat from my car and headed back ..soon after that photo was taken, It was a cold night in the teens.

You must have gotten there right in time for the fire if you were peeking your head in the stage door. The place was on fire at that time?

I have been researching Google Drive to see how others will see the files I uploaded. I think I know how to get them in a folder structure on your computer.

1. Get a google account (it's free). Also install the Google Drive application on your computer.

2. When you are looking at the files in the link I posted (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Uk&usp=sharing in the top folder called SF_Public) click the blue Sign In button in the upper right corner. Here sign in to your google account.

3. The blue button will change to say Add to Drive. When clicked, a message should appear saying it has been added.

4. The blue button changes again to Open in Drive. Click this too.

5. When Google Drive is open, select Preferences. (You can also right click the Google Drive icon in the bottom right of your screen, and select Preferences there.)

6. In the Preferences window, select Sync to Computer. The 12 GB of files will then begin to download to your computer.

7. Finally open Windows Explorer. You should now see a Google Drive folder in your Favorites list in the upper left corner of the window, or under your Documents folder. If not there, look under C:\Users\[You]\Google Drive. It should look like this:

Name:	Google Drive.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	50134

Files from these folders should then be able to be opened and copied like they are in a normal directory on your computer. Let me know if you all have any problems, thanks!
    Thanks for the info. So far I haven't had any trouble downloading the stuff on to my computer. My only worry now is having enough room. May have to convince my husband to get rid of some of his games so I can free up some space.

I spent a good 4 hours sunday night looking at the pics and files, and I haven't even made a dent yet! I need to add the vid with the enhanced audio to my computer before it gets yanked. I don't know why that would happen, but you never know with YT.
    I hate being partially deaf...I watched the vid, but I had such a hard time picking stuff out of the din. I'll have to try it another time with the script.
    Last edited by Crimsonams; 03-11-2014 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Jumped over to watch the video...

I need to add the vid with the enhanced audio to my computer before it gets yanked. I don't know why that would happen, but you never know with YT.
    I hate being partially deaf...I watched the vid, but I had such a hard time picking stuff out of the din. I'll have to try it another time with the script.
    I grabbed it already with my DropBox. I have that one & one from like 2 years ago that was taken down as well.

tjh960 Guest
    You must have gotten there right in time for the fire if you were peeking your head in the stage door. The place was on fire at that time?
    Yes...GW took the stage while I was parking in the Galaxie's parking lot which was about a few hundred yds down the road. GW's bus was parked in front of the Station, which was a first time I've seen a tour bus parked like that , all other busses usually parked off to the right by the stage entrance, even the Cowessett Inn's parking lot was full. That was the first time in my 7 years going there that I had to park elsewhere.

Well, I must be the lunkhead in the group. I clicked on what Dion provided, and nothing would open. Maybe tonight when I try again, somebody can talk to me like I am three and help me figure it out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Well, I must be the lunkhead in the group. I clicked on what Dion provided, and nothing would open. Maybe tonight when I try again, somebody can talk to me like I am three and help me figure it out?
    Lol.

Click here to start: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Uk&usp=sharing

Lemme know when you're ready.

Shanifaye Guest
    Hi everyone,

I have good news. I read that people have been trying to get all the case files from the RI Office of Attorney General. I sent an external hard drive to them, and got it back today.

It contains 172 GB of data. It's all the files deemed public in the Station Fire case. So that means sorry, no Matthew Pickett recording, since it wasn't made public. I don't think it has a copy of the Butler video either, but I'll try to search through all the miscellaneous videos included. But having said that, there's lots of other material. Video, audio, pictures, PDFs, etc.

I don't have a way to post all the data online. I might be able to post certain files, as I think there are free storage sites online for up to 2 GB. Or we could start up a tape tree, or more accurately a hard drive tree.

For the record, it wouldn't cost you much to do the same thing I did, and it only took a week for the round trip in the mail. I bought a $50 500GB hard drive and spent about $7 total for postage both ways. I sent it to the following address.

Lisa Pinsonneault, Special Assistant Attorney General
    Rhode Island Office of Attorney General
    150 South Main Street
    Providence, RI 02903

Here is a screenshot of the root directory of the folder copied on the drive.

Name:	SF_Public.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	50098

Thanks,
    Ken
    Ken, I just wanted to say thank you very much for getting this and uploading it. I knew Derek G. from the Ratt forum and I've thought a lot of him and missed him often in the last 11 years. I've lurked around here forever, but had to go ahead and join up to tell you thank you for going to all this trouble.

There has got to be some type of map where the location of the victims were found. Some of the family members knew where there loved ones were found.

There has got to be some type of map where the location of the victims were found. Some of the family members knew where there loved ones were found.
    Oh yes there is....100%

You know something, Lin................

Lol.

Click here to start: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Uk&usp=sharing

Lemme know when you're ready.
    Okay. Did that. When I open an individual document, I get a message at the bottom that says, "failed to display more pages. Retrying....."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Massachusetts Guest
    Hello everyone,

I have been trying to get on here for a little while with some technical difficulties but here I finally am. I found this site quite by accident, as you all know the anniversary has just passed and I was clicking on a few things and up it came.
    Let me introduce myself. I live in MA and work in R.I. which is where I was headed at 5am that terrible February day when it came over my radio. As of then there was no idea of how many were still in the club etc. Utter shock and mayhem. I said oh no when I get to work someone is going to know someone as has been said in past reply's. Rhode Island is small and my work is not far from where The Station was. It was just an awful day, week, weeks. And yes there were people that knew people that knew someone but no one close that I work with.

I worked with one of the rescuers that went. He was out for quite awhile. When I saw him I never asked a thing and he never said a thing. He looked haunted. Such a nice funny guy too. Sadly he has passed from a drowning accident and on this site I found a picture of all the rescuers and there he was. Members of my small town rescue also went as many towns in both states.
    Reading and reading here I can not believe the things that I did not know. Like Matt Pickett's tape. I thought the only one was Brian Butler.
    One of the victims is buried in my small town and I have seen his grave. He was only 18.
    I did visit the site once with a friend from work, we got there and she could not handle it so I do not think we were there for five minutes and left.
    BUT last year I did meet someone who was supposed to be there, had tickets and all and at the last minute decided not to go. He was a single father with a young son and he and a friend were going to go. It was a cold night and at the last minute he called the friend and said I really do not feel like going out, do you want to just get a pizza and come over and watch TV? So that is what they did. His friend left around 10pm and off to sleep he went. Next thing he knew his phone was ringing off the hook. People thought he was there, that was when he learned what had happened. Last minute just changed his mind.
    I look forward to researching all that is here but I do have a problem with my computer and for some reason can not open video's, especially YouTube. I have tried everything and can not figure the damn thing out. By the way no computer wizz here. But I have been doing a lot of your reading.
    Off I go to look some more, hope to talk with you all!
    Oh and I have much to learn on navigating the site!

Okay. Did that. When I open an individual document, I get a message at the bottom that says, "failed to display more pages. Retrying....."
    Okee doke...let's see...what browser are you using? Clear ya cache & cookies...then "come to me"...

While we're waiting...

Mammy Guest
    Okee doke...let's see...what browser are you using? Clear ya cache & cookies...then "come to me"...

While we're waiting...
    LOL, you're the shizz!

Mammy Guest
    The wife of The Station victim James Gooden has passed away.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pro...pid=170066814&

Thanks, LLC. I just about had it all figured out and then we lost power for a few hours--high winds here!! Thanks for your help tho, and if I get stuck again, I'll holler. I think a lot of my problems were not paying attention well enough to see how to navigate through.

LOL on the James Ingram/Patti Austin song. And for any General Hospital fans from back in the day, this was "Holly's" theme song. Ahhh, the memories of when daytime TV was thriving!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome, Massachusetts! Glad you are here with us!

Aw, Mam. That's so sad. It really is amazing how many family members pass a such a young age.

Thanks, LLC. I just about had it all figured out and then we lost power for a few hours--high winds here!! Thanks for your help tho, and if I get stuck again, I'll holler. I think a lot of my problems were not paying attention well enough to see how to navigate through.

LOL on the James Ingram/Patti Austin song. And for any General Hospital fans from back in the day, this was "Holly's" theme song. Ahhh, the memories of when daytime TV was thriving!!!
    I had that damn song stuck in my head all day...LOL. I do remember it from General Hospital. The video is so 80s...what no ass shaking & naked people????

Massachusetts Guest
    Thank You LLC!!! Snowing up Boston way? I was hoping we were all done with it. Kind of been a long winter this year.

Welcome, Massachusetts! Glad you are here with us!

Aw, Mam. That's so sad. It really is amazing how many family members pass a such a young age.

I had that damn song stuck in my head all day...LOL. I do remember it from General Hospital. The video is so 80s...what no ass shaking & naked people????
    Well, you may be interested to know, my dear LLC, that after the above video, I had choices for other videos and so of course I watched them. I became re-enchanted with "Too Shy" by Kajagoogoo and then of course had to look up EVERYTHING about them. I had to force myself to go to sleep just before 2:00. Today at work, I have my Pandora set to 80s music. LOL.

I'd read about Mrs. Gooden I think last week--I was very sad to learn that she had died. We're also coming up on the 2 year anniversary of Domenic Izzi who survived the fire, but was killed by a drunk driver March 18, 2012. Awful, awful!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lizbeth Guest
    If anyone needs articles about the fire, etc. from the Providence Journal, let me know. I think I can help with that. I just started look at the new material on Google Drive. I can only stand to look at a little at a time.

evans Guest
    Wow. Look familiar?

Vid from a Brazil Kiss victim's I-Phone

http://videos.clicrbs.com.br/rs/diar...te-kiss/16171/

Goldieannabelle Guest
    Hi and welcome to the forum Massachusetts .

Goldieannabelle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The wife of The Station victim James Gooden has passed away.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pro...pid=170066814&
    That's so sad . R.I.P Mrs. Gooden.