Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game of Thrones (Series and Books)

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    The sad thing is George will never finish it all before he dies

2 more episodes left

Can't wait for the shocker. I bet it's this Sunday

KarmaKat Guest
    I am getting a bit sick of people saying this season has been slow and not as interesting. Personally I have loved this season so far and cant wait to see how they are going to wrap the next 2 episodes up

KarmaKat Guest
    Well, that was uncalled for.

That was a great episode really dug the ending.

Dead necessarily doesn't mean dead in this universe.

My favorite Arya went off. I mean... WENT OFF!!! Why didn't Tyrion and Varys just stay where they were and take over Westeros? They could have. When Stannis killed his little girl he officially became evil. So that battle was really win win. Whoever lost would have been one fewer evil pricks. Sansa has gotten quite a nice set of chesticles on her. I would have bet the farm a certain Mother would have made her presence known in the final episode. It was titled Mother's Mercy and I've been waiting for her to appear all season. I thought that would have been the huge shocker of the end of the season. Oh well... Glad Arya made her list one name shorter.

I predict an Emmy nomination for Lena Headey.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    My favorite Arya went off. I mean... WENT OFF!!! Why didn't Tyrion and Varys just stay where they were and take over Westeros? They could have. When Stannis killed his little girl he officially became evil. So that battle was really win win. Whoever lost would have been one fewer evil pricks. Sansa has gotten quite a nice set of chesticles on her. I would have bet the farm a certain Mother would have made her presence known in the final episode. It was titled Mother's Mercy and I've been waiting for her to appear all season. I thought that would have been the huge shocker of the end of the season. Oh well... Glad Arya made her list one name shorter.

I bet that certain mother you speak of showed up and interrupted Brienne from killing Stannis, we've seen everyone else's deaths in full gory detail I really doubt they cut his and have an off screen death. I bet 5 bucks it's gonna be her standing there, opening scene of the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I predict an Emmy nomination for Lena Headey.
    If she doesn't win I have an award to give that body double.

Eh... I think Stannis is dead. I mean without an army what's the use of keeping him around? Where did Stannis' army run off to? Had to go somewhere. Perhaps Sansa will lead them? Sansa and a certain someone along with the brotherhood without banners? I think they may have Jon Snow warg into the giant. Or maybe Melisandre magically heals him. The Hound is not dead. Let's not forget him Because we all know who that huge knight at the end was. Readers know the Hound is now with a certain religious group. Trial by combat. Mountain Vs. Hound. That's been getting set up since like the first or second episode. Gonna be fun.

There are many ways people can be brought back in the GOT world and I think the theme of next season will be resurrection. I think Stannis will die from his leg wound looks like he severed something severe but he's not going to die from the business end of Brienne's sword, why would they have Stannis make it all the way to this point just to kill him off screen?

The big knight at the end was Ser Robert Strong

Noooooooooooooo the knight is definitely The Mountain. At least in the books it is. Robert wasn't that tall and by all accounts fat and out of shape at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Noooooooooooooo the knight is definitely The Mountain. At least in the books it is. Robert wasn't that tall and by all accounts fat and out of shape at the end.
    Definitely a resurrected Mountain.

KarmaKat Guest
    Yeah I agree that next season will be about resurrection. Stannis is not dead. Hopefully there is a worse fate for him. It will just be interesting to see now how far away they go from the books.
    On a side note was anyone else really disappointed in the Sand Snakes and the whole Dorne story line? Pretty much a gigantic waste of time

The Sand Snakes story is just getting started I'm sure. Don't forget that Jaime and Bronn have Tristane.

KarmaKat Guest
    Hmm true but still, so much more they could have done and I personally just thought everything about them felt rushed and a bit poorly done. Was looking forward to this arch but just felt a bit flat

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Hmm true but still, so much more they could have done and I personally just thought everything about them felt rushed and a bit poorly done. Was looking forward to this arch but just felt a bit flat
    You're absolutely right about being rushed. I felt that way about the Sand Snakes and about the Tyrion storyline. I don't know if you read the books but those storylines went way fast. I don't understand why Oberon's widow is so mad at the Lannisters. I mean HE volunteered to fight. He was fighting FOR a Lannister. Why is she so dead set on making them suffer?

The Sandsnakes were the most terrible part of this season IMO.

Apparently dead is dead. Jon Snow is dead on the show. So says HBO Exec. Snow dead.... Azor Ahai brought back to life by Melisandre in the form of Jon Snow's burned body equipped with Lightbringer to fight The Others? Who knows.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hbo...d=ansnewsUSA11

I really don't trust Melisandre but she can bring him back, with a body like that evil never looked so good.

He's got the blood of the King flowing through his veins IMO. I believe he is a Targaryen and the Grandson of The Mad King himself, Nephew of Daenery's

Yeah. He's Raegar's (sp?) son. Jon Snow as the form of Jon Snow might be dead but his form is not done yet. Can't be. Way too important a character and way too much time and story invested in him for him to just die like that.

Ian McShane has been cast filming a small role and I really hope its a Mad King flashback.

Robb Stark with his wolf head is going to show up eventually. Grey Wind I think Robb's wolf was named?

Show really blew up this season. Lots of stuff happened.
    Last edited by TheDude; 06-20-2016 at 05:59 AM.

26. 06-20-2016, 06:00 AM

Didn't read the thread due to me just starting to watch (thanks to my son who has all the season's). Only one show in so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AngieDFan View Post
    Didn't read the thread due to me just starting to watch (thanks to my son who has all the season's). Only one show in so far.
    Welcome you are in for a treat.

Hel_Eljudnir Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieDFan View Post
    it definitely gets better each season. I think this season has been the best. I was kind of late to watching it myself since I was kind of turned off by the sex (The violence does'nt bug me , yeah I'm a prude whateva), but's it's kind of actually toned down in the later season.

Just finished watching series 7, looks like the big battle is about to begin but have to wait for the next series to start to see how it all ends. Good show with lots of twists, turns, violence, death and more.

Well it's over , and what a pathetic ending for such a brilliant show .Fucking Bran - he who stated twice -I am no longer Bran but the 3 eyed raven , is suddenly the obvious choice to become the next ruler .Bran - the lifeless , most boring character with about as much charisma as a wet lettuce .And Jon Snow , who was dramatically raised from the dead - to kill his love ? , and then wander off with the Wildings into nothingness . What crap is that ? it was an outstanding piece of television, let down by the 2 idiot writers who ignored story arcs , character traits , the fabric of the show - to allow it to wither and die with no explanations or answers .Shame .Shame.Shame .