Last week I visited the US for only four days but I knew that my number one priority whilst there was to do a Dearly Departed tour.

So I landed at LAX at 10am, jumped on the DD bus at 1pm (totally jet lagged) then drove out to Las Vegas first thing the next morning.

I wasn't let down. Brian was our guide on the day and he really knew his stuff. You could tell that he has a deep, ingrained passion for all things Hollywood. The other nice touch was the recorded commentary from Scott along the way. No one in LA could know more about the history and scandals of this great town than these two guides.

The highlight? It sounds morbid but doing the tour four days after Whitney Houston's death was pretty cool. It was still tense around the Beverly Hilton, the floral tributes outside the hotel were well and truly fresh, plus we paused outside the last bar she performed in the night before she died. That to me is an impeccable piece of timing for a Death Hag, particularly for one from the other side of the world!

Thanks again Brian (and Scott), and also a big thanks for the "Death Hag" stickers as well.