Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11181920212229 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 3145

Thread: Whitney Houston

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    yesssss! thank you
    Youre welcome!

Interesting to note that in autopsy, often the Medical Examiner will note the condition of the teeth, for example: Natural, or dentures, in poor repair, etc.

Veneers are actually considerd "natural" teeth for that purpose because they are still your teeth - just ground down to nothing with the veneer put over them!

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Carolyn Whigham, owner of Whigham Funeral Home talks to media about Whitney Houston's funeral on Saturday:

http://video-embed.nj.com/services/p...=1452996705001

I'll be REALLY disappointed if it's a closed casket funeral...

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I'll be REALLY disappointed if it's a closed casket funeral...
    Me too

Me three! I heard there is a private viewing tomorrow so we probably won't get to see her...

RaRaRamona Guest
    Is there any reason it would be?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Is there any reason it would be?
    Shouldnt be, no

I can't help but think that Rick James, Etta James and James Brown all had open casket funerals...hoping Whitney gets one also.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Why is it their responsibility? This is an adult we're talking about. If she isn't smart enough to put two and two together and realize that drugs are bad and use all the resources that will be at her disposal to get and stay clean, then she's on her own. It's not her family's responsibility to baby sit and coddle her. More likely than not a little less coddling and a few less sycophants would have done her mother some good.

Personal accountability mmk?
    Isn't she only 18? And didn't she just have a mental breakdown after losing her mother?

No matter the girl's age, nothing wrong with support from one's family. Or guidance from those who have been there and are now clean. Even those who are not clean can offer her a glimpse into her possible future that could help her wake up.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Isn't she only 18? And didn't she just have a mental breakdown after losing her mother?

No matter the girl's age, nothing wrong with support from one's family. Or guidance from those who have been there and are now clean. Even those who are not clean can offer her a glimpse into her possible future that could help her wake up.
    She will be 19 on March 4.

Although I agree that support from family members is good, she is headed down the wrong path already. Her pics of her partying heavily with Mom are sad. Her coke snorting pics are sad. I truly believe she is a drama queen who sadly, learned it from her parents. Not sure why her grandmother didnt step in sooner when Bobbi Kristina was still a child, but thats water under the bridge now.

Hope I can stream the funeral on my phone. Had to get rid of PC internet

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    She will be 19 on March 4.

Although I agree that support from family members is good, she is headed down the wrong path already. Her pics of her partying heavily with Mom are sad. Her coke snorting pics are sad. I truly believe she is a drama queen who sadly, learned it from her parents. Not sure why her grandmother didnt step in sooner when Bobbi Kristina was still a child, but thats water under the bridge now.
    Yeah, blaming someone for not stepping in doesn't make any more sense than blaming an 18 year-old for not having the knowledge of someone with more life experience under their belt.

For instance, I would not drop a member of my family just for having a drug or alcohol problem. I would though if they used it as an excuse to commit crimes of a certain, extreme type against me or the rest of my family/friends.

Has this girl done anything like that, that you know of, Lisa?

Quote Originally Posted by tksays View Post
    If they just sprinkle the white powder all around the perimeter of the church he will never make it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROFL.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.7 KB 
ID:	41464
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hoping to watch it myself just depends on the time difference(i'm in the uk) here's hoping someone will put it on youtube or something just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I've had that problem with the Kpin, especially if I accidentally dropped a couple pills in the sink or else the dr. told me to take extra when I was having a bad brain day or bad trigeminal nerve day. The hoop-jumping was insane, the doctor could approve extra if I paid like out of pocket for five pills or something. An ER doctor gave me a little envelope with three kpins in it once because of the gap. I mean, I know benzos are among the most widely-abused Rx's but I wasn't taking it for fun and games thanks! One time I got shorted by the pharmacy and nobody believed me-- until it turned out there was a tech who was randomly helping themself to benzos and Vicodins. Which didn't do me any good when I got shorted.

I tripped when I went to get my brother some OTC decongestants and had to sign for them. I don't take those things but my brother was sick in bed. It was a more PIA thing than when I have to show ID and sign off on my Adderall every month. Never mind that this protecting Joe Citizen stuff isn't keeping the meth heads from producing, selling or using.
    Same scenario here. I'm supposed to be able to take more if needed and on especially bad days, I used to be able to take two on the same night, but that was when refills weren't this huge deal and I could always just call them in a couple of days early to make up for it. Now, taking two would mean going a day or two without one, and that disrupts everything.But I see where they're coming from, and it's a shame the abusers (like WH) had to make it make it harder for those of us who are getting the meds legitimately, just to spare the pharmacies from blame when someone goes belly up. And yep, thanks to the meth dealers, you have to ask at the counter for certain cold and sinus meds lol. And I heard they track how often you buy them too, in case you're running a meth lab *eye roll* All this feels very Big Brother-ish to me. And even with all these rules in place, the people who abuse the drugs are going to find ways to beat the system anyway...so they make us all feel like criminals
    Last edited by racingfan; 02-17-2012 at 05:43 AM.

16. 02-17-2012, 05:44 AM

It'll be on at 5pm on BBC1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chicken View Post
    Hoping to watch it myself just depends on the time difference(i'm in the uk) here's hoping someone will put it on youtube or something just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chicken View Post
    You know they will. And the news outlets will have the highlights.

I just think it's funny they're streaming her "private" service.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I din't want to watch it. Just the highlight reel, thanks.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Really BBC1? Really? Have you run out of other, more important programming like "Last of the Summer Wine" or "Prime Minister's Question Time"? I'd rather see David Cameron address the nation (and that's pretty painful) or a show about how to tell the Miliband brothers apart.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Thanks!

MrsF Guest
    According to TMZ, the casket will be closed Saturday. There will be a private memorial Friday with an open casket. Apparently, they are trying to avoid Whitney being seen in the casket on live feeds. They are saying so Bobbi Kristina can see her mom and have a "moment" without the world seeing. Annnnnnd security will be tight.

radiojane Guest
    Yeah, blaming someone for not stepping in doesn't make any more sense than blaming an 18 year-old for not having the knowledge of someone with more life experience under their belt.

For instance, I would not drop a member of my family just for having a drug or alcohol problem. I would though if they used it as an excuse to commit crimes of a certain, extreme type against me or the rest of my family/friends.
    Not once did I say that I would recommend cutting her out of their lives or abandoning her in any way. Support is a wonderful thing.

What I objected to is the statement "I hope so and so can keep her clean". A statement like that implies they'd be to blame if she continues with drugs. Guess what, they can't keep her clean. They can love and support her and show her a better way until the cows come home, but in the end, the only one that's going to keep Bobbi clean is Bobbi.

Lots of 18 year olds lose parents suddenly. It isn't an excuse for drugs. I understand that it's an addiction and a disease. But when you have access to support and therapy and rehabilitation, yes, my expectations are a little higher for recovery.

In the end, her grandmother bears a lot less responsibility for her getting and staying clean than she does herself.

Not once did I say that I would recommend cutting her out of their lives or abandoning her in any way. Support is a wonderful thing.

What I objected to is the statement "I hope so and so can keep her clean". A statement like that implies they'd be to blame if she continues with drugs. Guess what, they can't keep her clean. They can love and support her and show her a better way until the cows come home, but in the end, the only one that's going to keep Bobbi clean is Bobbi.

Lots of 18 year olds lose parents suddenly. It isn't an excuse for drugs. I understand that it's an addiction and a disease. But when you have access to support and therapy and rehabilitation, yes, my expectations are a little higher for recovery.

In the end, her grandmother bears a lot less responsibility for her getting and staying clean than she does herself.
    Amen!

Calm me a dork, but I've been listening to this a lot the past few days. This is the Whitney I grew up with and the one I want to remember...

http://youtu.be/IYzlVDlE72w

Rosebud666 Guest

I think I get where you are going with this. There is a fine line between support and enabling. Fostering an attitude within the family, or especially on her part, of "it's up to them to keep me off drugs" would be the latter.

On a lighter note, I discovered that "whitneyku" is a real word in Czech, but I have no idea what it means.

A little bird told me that "whitneyku" has been added to the Urban Dictionary, but I haven't found it there yet.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I think I get where you are going with this. There is a fine line between support and enabling. Fostering an attitude within the family, or especially on her part, of "it's up to them to keep me off drugs" would be the latter.
    Thank you for being much more succinct that I am able to be this morning.

I'd like to add that sometimes it's when the family and friends "let go and let god" so to speak and wash their hands of a certain person and that person is allowed to hit rock bottom on their own, that they finally see the light and find the drive to get back on their feet.

YuukaK Guest
    Thank you for being much more succinct that I am able to be this morning.

I'd like to add that sometimes it's when the family and friends "let go and let god" so to speak and wash their hands of a certain person and that person is allowed to hit rock bottom on their own, that they finally see the light and find the drive to get back on their feet.
    Sometimes even that isn't enough unfortunately.... *sighs*

I am the world´s most optimistic person, but I am not holding out a lot of hope for Bobbi Kristina at this point. Yes she has her grandmother, and Dionne Warwick, but both ladies are well on in age,and probably not up to handling the situation. Add to that, the fact that they were not able to "save" Whitney. Bobbi Kristina has grown up watching both parents drink, drug, etc. She did not have a normal childhood, and has no point of reference for what "normal" is. I feel that whatever she does inherit from her mother will not last long. I dont see Bobby Brown as a positive influence in her life in any way, shape or form. I really, really hope she can come out of this as a healthy, productive person, but I have serious doubts about that possibility.

DonnaMc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    She died on singer/murderer Brandy's Birthday! Brandy is the sister of Whitney's last man, Ray J. Weird coincidence.
    Brandy is a murderer? Do tell!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Deathgoddess Guest
    I don't know if any of you watch the show "The sing Off", it features a capella groups. It is amazing! the group that won this year's show did a Whitney Tribute and it is really good too, thought I would share it with you all:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MmJUAzxvBYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    How do these stars get drugs from all over the place without anyone knowing? They must use different names each place or something.

There was a while where I was getting one narcotic from my neurologist, and a different one from my rheumatologist (I didn't take them together, one just worked better for migraines and the other for my fibromyalgia.) After a few months of that, I popped up on a report from the DEA. It was OK because each doc knew about the other. Around that same time, I decided to stop using the migraine pills, so it wasn't a problem, but if I'd wanted to continue both I just needed to have both scripts come from the same doc (either one was willing to do this for me.)
    Docs are unable to release information to each other without the patients signed permission due to HIPAA laws. If you are insured under a specific carrier as I am, (Blue Shield of California), information is shared throughout the system.

As to celebrities ... Michael Jackson had 19 different alise's and used his employees names as well to obtain drugs. Whitney does not appear to have been doctor shopping, which is by the way, a felony in the state of California.

Giada Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    I am the world´s most optimistic person, but I am not holding out a lot of hope for Bobbi Kristina at this point. Yes she has her grandmother, and Dionne Warwick, but both ladies are well on in age,and probably not up to handling the situation. Add to that, the fact that they were not able to "save" Whitney. Bobbi Kristina has grown up watching both parents drink, drug, etc. She did not have a normal childhood, and has no point of reference for what "normal" is. I feel that whatever she does inherit from her mother will not last long. I dont see Bobby Brown as a positive influence in her life in any way, shape or form. I really, really hope she can come out of this as a healthy, productive person, but I have serious doubts about that possibility.
    Rain Pryor, Richard Pryor's daughter, addressed this issue, and offered a sane approach to survival and a good life. First, get the hell out of LA, Second, build a life for yourself. Rain is married has children and lives thousands of miles away from the LA scene.

Statistically, it's a 50/50 call for Bobbi Kristina.

Jane, that is obvious.

I'm glad you see my point about support from one's family being a good thing in these situations too.

radiojane Guest
    ir
    Jane, that is obvious.

I'm glad you see my point about support from one's family being a good thing in these situations too.
    No worries m'dear.

I would never walk away from a family member struggling without first being there for them completely. But I've also seen the guilt that parents/spouses/friends of addicts go through, even after they've given there all, and I've also heard them called out by people with no business saying anything and being told it's their fault, and that pisses me off. I'm a big fan of personal responsibility.

I think one of the biggest disservices done to Bobbi Kristina was that reality show. No one should have to face the world knowing that their parents knowingly and enthusiastically let all their dirty laundry out on television. That just angers me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    I grew up surrounded by alcohol and drugs. I'm clean as a whistle. It is possible for one to learn from others actions.
    ??You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.?

ir

No worries m'dear.

I would never walk away from a family member struggling without first being there for them completely. But I've also seen the guilt that parents/spouses/friends of addicts go through, even after they've given there all, and I've also heard them called out by people with no business saying anything and being told it's their fault, and that pisses me off. I'm a big fan of personal responsibility.

I think one of the biggest disservices done to Bobbi Kristina was that reality show. No one should have to face the world knowing that their parents knowingly and enthusiastically let all their dirty laundry out on television. That just angers me to no end.
    Heard of it but never saw it. Was she on the show? Or did she do what one of the Osbourne kids did in the case of her parents' show and opt out?

Just read that the Westboro "people" are going to picked Whitneys funeral.
    These morons make me so mad

Quote Originally Posted by Byronmarco View Post
    What for? Those people make me crazy! >
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

They said something about Gay fanbase, ego...blah blah blah, I couldn't finish the article

Don't these wastes of oxygen have jobs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Don't these wastes of oxygen have jobs?
    that's what I was thinking. they're just picketing every funeral now.
    1. they have no jobs/lives
    2. what is even thier point anymore? to picket all dead people? you once talked to a gay person and so now that you are dead we will picket you?
    Last edited by Finnegan; 02-17-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Bummer the casket will be closed. Hopefully a family member will sneak a cell-phone pic that will leak out.

As for the WBC - hopefully Whitney's fan who are there at the church give them all a good beatdown. You know some of her fans "ain't gonna put up with that mess"!

RalphyAustralia Guest
    Hopefully someone sneaks some photos, we want to see either her at the viewing or the casket, which SHOULD be shown on the news.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Brandy is a murderer? Do tell!
    http://www.eonline.com/news/brandy_s...ar_crash/54248

Supposedly Ms. Norwood was driving beyond wrecklessly when she caused the accident. She's been sued by everybody involved, but still refuses to take responsbility other than to say, "It was an accident". There are rumors she was texting. I get accidents happen, but that kind of damage at only 65 mph? I've driven on that freeway many, many times. It can be a zoo. A zoo that requires all your attention especially at 10:30 in the morning.
    Last edited by Bbeelzebub; 02-17-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I'm all for it! Only because, showing up in that side of New Jersey with that attitude will get them killed and we won't have to read about them anymore.

Maybe I'm weird but I keep obsessing on her last meal and haven't really seen a good pic of that turkey/jalapeno sandwich she took into the bathroom with her....were the jalapenos on the side? on the sandwich? this is the crazy stuff us hags get very mentally into lol....

havoc Guest
    It was a combination of jalapenos and Xanax.

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Bummer the casket will be closed. Hopefully a family member will sneak a cell-phone pic that will leak out.
    I don't know. Maybe they'll "crack" the lid?

Whoo! Call me butter baby. Cause I'm on a roll........

Is it a violation of the Westboro bunch's freedom of speech/freedom of lawful assembly to not allow them to picket funerals? If not, I'm wondering why no one gets a restraining order or injunction against their dumbassery.