Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Former President Barack Obama

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Taggerez View Post
    Laws are made because some people either pay to have something regulated, or someone wants to tell someone else what to do. Process is fine but getting to the point of what the process is about is a good idea, too.

I have to say, I don't follow how paying property taxes turns property rights into a privilege. Property rights are inalienable and the most basic right we have. That the state imposes taxes on your property means the state is trying to cut itself in on your right. Afterall, if you don't pay your tax and the state can take your property as a result, you're just renting from them. Now that is quite a Marxist assumption indeed!
    Gosh, my grandma was a Marxist! If she was still alive, she would be very surprised.

There is nothing Marxist about property tax or penalties for not paying it - up to and including confiscation of property.

We live in a representative democracy.

If legislators, as our democratically elected representatives, enact property tax laws that also provide for certain penalties, then it is because the voters put them there. We have vested this power in them.

In effect, we are then taxing and penalizing ourselves.

If you don't like property tax (or any other tax for that matter) and don't want your assets seized if you fail to pay, then you need to make the democratic process work for you and get like-minded people elected to office (or vote down the next school levy on the ballot).

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Gosh, my grandma was a Marxist! If she was still alive, she would be very surprised.

There is nothing Marxist about property tax or penalties for not paying it - up to and including confiscation of property.

We live in a representative democracy.

If legislators, as our democratically elected representatives, enact property tax laws that also provide for certain penalties, then it is because the voters put them there. We have vested this power in them.

In effect, we are then taxing and penalizing ourselves.

If you don't like property tax (or any other tax for that matter) and don't want your assets seized if you fail to pay, then you need to make the democratic process work for you and get like-minded people elected to office (or vote down the next school levy on the ballot).
    ITA. Here, property tax funds go to the school system. Those with no kids complain, but they went to school, didn't they.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    The recession that Bush started has continued and deepened under Obama.
    "According to the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), which is the private, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization charged with determining economic recessions, the U.S. economy was in recession from March 2001 to November 2001. ..."

"From 2000 to 2001, the Federal Reserve in a move to quell the stock market, made successive interest rate increases, credited in part for 'plunging the country into a recession.' Using the stock market as an unofficial benchmark, a recession would have begun in March 2000 when the NASDAQ crashed following the collapse of the Dot-com bubble."

That kinda suggests that after ten years of expansion, the economy was finally slowing down and that the recession and subsequent "jobless recovery" was something Bush inherited rather than created.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    That kinda suggests that after ten years of expansion, the economy was finally slowing down and that the recession and subsequent "jobless recovery" was something Bush inherited rather than created.
    You are correct. A failure to adequately express myself, I should have stated the downturn/recession that Bush inherited was aggravated during his tenure, and continues to worsen under Obama.

On the subject of property and taxing same, I found this little op ed to be on target, starting with a brief discussion of the founders' disagreement over the phrase we all know well "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"...there was a tussle with some constitutional contributors who wanted "life, liberty, and the pursuit of property".
    http://www.theashevilletribune.com/b...#ezContent2627
    Last edited by Bidmor; 09-10-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Things that I have "learned" about US politics from listening to so-called "patriot" radio - just in the last three days

Obama is a Communist bent on establishing a Marxist dictatorship.

The Obama administration is conspiring with the United Nations to confiscate all of your guns.

The Federal Highway Administration is erecting new, secret highway markers as guides for UN/Chinese/Russian invaders.

There are already heavily armed Russian special forces lying in wait at secret locations within the continental United States.

US foreign policy is dictated by the Israeli government.

Recent catastrophic weather events are the result of clandestine cloud seeding and weather control.

The international economic downturn that began in 2008 was the work of a cabal of major multinational corporations striving for world domination under the direction of Zionist Jews.

The above statement is not antisemitic because "Zionist"/Israeli Jews are not really Jews. The only "real" Jews left are black and live somewhere in Africa.

Vacinations are a plot by the pharmaceuticals industry to make people sicker so they will buy more medicine.

Vacinations are a plot by the Zionst cabal to kill people and reduce the surplus population.

The effects of a vacination can be reversed, but the only person who knows how to do it is a woman who has been stripped of her medical license, but still calls herself "Dr.".

9/11 was an inside job.

The Obama Administration is bent on getting more Mexicans into the US in order to boost demand for goods and services.

FEMA is not your friend. Its main task is to set up concentration camps for dissenters. The first camps have already been built / are under construction.

Modern geology and archeology are Zionist/Communist fronts whose sole purpose is to make us disbelieve the Biblical creation narrative.

The Federal Reserve System is a Zionist/Communist/Satanic conspiracy.

Freemasons are evil and cannot be trusted (gosh, so much for George Washington ).

You need to buy lots and lots of gold now - but make sure not to buy "Jewish" gold! (What is "Jewish" gold? Does that mean it has been circumcised?)

The Apollo 11 moon landing was / all of the moon landings were faked.

Obama is Jewish.

Franklin Roosevelt's family was actually Jewish - he took his orders from Zionists and that is why he got us into WWII.

Did I mention that Obama is a Communist?

If you fail to acknowledge all of the above as true, you are either stupid, in denial or in on the conspiracy.

I could go on, but my stomach is starting to churn.

Sorry if this offends anyone here, but if you sincerely believe two or more of the above:
    a) you may need to look into treatment for paranoia and/or are a very silly person
    b) I think you are probably not a very nice person to know.

And the brain dead zombies of the far right believe this shit

Someone said the other day "If Obama came out in favor of oxygen Republicans would suffocate themselves" To which I replied
    "sounds like a great plan"

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post

Someone said the other day "If Obama came out in favor of oxygen Republicans would suffocate themselves" To which I replied

If you want to ruin your day sometime, listen to the Republic Broadcasting Network for a few hours. One should know one's enemy.

"Far right" is actually an oversimplification - they are too weird for categories like "right" and "left".

It's more like a clock face - if you go around far enough to the left, you can also back into "herbal-medicine-espousing, organic-beansprout-munching, weapons-and-ammo hoarding, bunker-building, blathering-at-the-mouth Jew-hating reactionary" quite comfortably.

It's all your favorite flavors of crazy mixed together to make a brand-new flavor.

I don't know if they would stop breathing, but they are worried about the air. One of the sponsors sells T-shirts that say "Got contrails?"

Taggerez Guest

You are aware that some of those theories originated on the Left, correct?

Rosebud666 Guest
    I'd like to think of it as sort of like my kitchen blender.

One beater turns to the right and the other beater turns to the left. If they turn too fast, they splatter "crazy", ehm I mean pancake batter, against the wall.

There is also a sort of vortex effect between the two.

That being said, empirical evidence leads me to believe that the beater that turns right spins faster and churns out more crazy.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 09-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Taggerez Guest
    I'd like to think of it as sort of like my kitchen blender.

One beater turns to the right and the other beater turns to the left. If they turn too fast, they splatter "crazy", ehm I mean pancake batter, against the wall.

There is also a sort of votex effect between the two.

That being said, empirical evidence leads me to believe that the beater that turns right spins faster and churns out more crazy.
    Well, that is a 180 degree turn from your original post.

Actual "emperical evidence?" I'd like to see it. Particularly when you consider the entire train of leftist thought comes out of utopian/scientistic nonsense to begin with.

Nope, it sounds like something the Russian
    atheist one Ayn Rand might of said.

Who Paul Ryan just seems to love.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Taggerez Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Nope, it sounds like something the Russian
    atheist one Ayn Rand might of said.

Who Paul Ryan just seems to love.
    Can you elaborate?

Can you elaborate?
    Sure, Ayn Rand was one big time con artist and
    huckster to try and sell her books.
    Well maybe the 2nd fake writer of books next
    to L. Ron Hubbard.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Well, that is a 180 degree turn from your original post.

Actual "emperical evidence?" I'd like to see it. Particularly when you consider the entire train of leftist thought comes out of utopian/scientistic nonsense to begin with.
    Well, I fail to see how. I never asserted that any of the claims I listed originated solely with the left or the right. The so-called "patriot" movement, even though it seems to have a more natural affinity with the right than the left, consists of equal-opportunity haters. They despise conservatives and liberals pretty much equally, since they have all been duped or co-opted by the "international Zionist conspiracy". Both kinds of crazy cross-pollinate. Once it has been splashed against the wall, all "crazy" tends to drip downward into the same puddle - gravity be praised.

When these ideas make their way into the mainstream, however, it does seem it is mostly conservatives who are advancing them.

As for empirical evidence, maybe I should have said "empirical observation", but that seemed a little redundant. I'm only familiar with how my mixer works - your mileage may vary.

My next research project is reading Timmy McVay's favorite bedtime story - The Turner Diaries.
    I'm already appalled to note how many of the ideas in it have been advanced here - in each case by people who self-identify as conservative.

Taggerez Guest
    Sure, Ayn Rand was one big time con artist and
    huckster to try and sell her books.
    Well maybe the 2nd fake writer of books next
    to L. Ron Hubbard.
    I was going to say that your weird Ayn Rand statement was a good example of an ad hominem attack, but it's not even that. It's just a strange statement with no real relation to the subject at hand, a ball tossed out of left field. Like a dog barking in the dark.

But thanks for the contribution.

Taggerez Guest
    Well, I fail to see how. I never asserted that any of the claims I listed originated solely with the left or the right. The so-called "patriot" movement, even though it seems to have a more natural affinity with the right than the left, consists of equal-opportunity haters. They despise conservatives and liberals pretty much equally, since they have all been duped or co-opted by the "international Zionist conspiracy". Both kinds of crazy cross-pollinate. Once it has been splashed against the wall, all "crazy" tends to drip downward into the same puddle - gravity be praised.

When these ideas make their way into the mainstream, however, it does seem it is mostly conservatives who are advancing them.

As for empirical evidence, maybe I should have said "empirical observation", but that seemed a little redundant. I'm only familiar with how my mixer works - your mileage may vary.

My next research project is reading Timmy McVay's favorite bedtime story - The Turner Diaries.
    I'm already appalled to note how many of the ideas in it have been advanced here - in each case by people who self-identify as conservative.
    Ah the coy, 'what? i never said ...' defense. The post was an attempt to say the theories represent "right-wing" thought. But some (maybe most) of those ideas were first floated by Leftists (like Viscaro Ferrando). Now you say that when the nutty ideas leak into the mainstream, "it is mostly conservatives who are advancing them." Really? which of those ideas you listed have been advanced by a "conservative?" Also, what apalling ideas are conservatives pulling from The Turner Diaries and foisting on the unsuspecting public and who are these "conservatives?"

When you say "empirical observation," do you mean like a scientist observing an experiment or like a guy watching from a street corner?

Rosebud666 Guest
    Ah the coy, 'what? i never said ...' defense. The post was an attempt to say the theories represent "right-wing" thought. But some (maybe most) of those ideas were first floated by Leftists (like Viscaro Ferrando). Now you say that when the nutty ideas leak into the mainstream, "it is mostly conservatives who are advancing them." Really? which of those ideas you listed have been advanced by a "conservative?" Also, what apalling ideas are conservatives pulling from The Turner Diaries and foisting on the unsuspecting public and who are these "conservatives?"

When you say "empirical observation," do you mean like a scientist observing an experiment or like a guy watching from a street corner?
    You need to reread this entire thread and wait for my "book report".

Taggerez Guest
    I've already reread it. I anxiously await your report.

I was going to say that your weird Ayn Rand statement was a good example of an ad hominem attack, but it's not even that. It's just a strange statement with no real relation to the subject at hand, a ball tossed out of left field. Like a dog barking in the dark.

But thanks for the contribution.
    Ayn Rand was a horrible racist person who
    died in obscurity and unloved.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 09-10-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Taggerez Guest
    Ayn Rand was a horrible racist person who
    died in obscurity and unloved.
    Sounds more like a hope than a fact. How was she "racist?"

Sounds more like a hope than a fact. How was she "racist?"
    Ok, one example just read the March 1964 Playboy Interview
    by Alvin Toffler that she did.

Taggerez Guest
    Ok, one example just read the March 1964 Playboy Interview
    by Alvin Toffler that she did.
    I have just downloaded it. Where does she make a racist statement and what are your other examples.

Edit: Just gave it a quick look; nothing about race in the interview that I saw. But I did find this:

"Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.

"Racism claims that the content of a man’s mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man’s convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman’s version of the doctrine of innate ideas—or of inherited knowledge—which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.

"Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination.
    “Racism,”

Ayn Rand The Virtue of Selfishness, page 126.

Also, your Ayn Rand references are an excellent example of a strawman argument. Maybe you could change strategy to false dichotomy and make even less headway.
    Last edited by Taggerez; 09-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Look it is all there, how Ayn Rand hates the
    poor and working, middle class workers.
    Ayn Rand was an elitist snob. (big time)

Taggerez Guest
    No, it's not there. I have it right in front of me and your claim that she was a racist is false. Your claim that she made racist statements in the Playboy interview are false. Care to retract your statement?

There's an Ayn Rand thread. Get back to Obama.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Republican party of 2016: the ghost of
    Ronald Reagan for President
    For Vice President Bonzo the chimp.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 09-10-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Stu Pidasso Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    There's an Ayn Rand thread. Get back to Obama.
    What does Ayn rand have to do with Obama anyway?

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
    What does Ayn rand have to do with Obama anyway?
    They're both not Communists? Just guessing

At least Ann Romney does not criticize an olympian for what she eats 'off season' !!

I saw it in another thread, but I agree. I think this Libya situation will either win or lose the election for Obama. I do know that I'm seeing and hearing a lot of Liberals question how he is handling the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by pyt View Post
    At least Ann Romney does not criticize an olympian for what she eats 'off season' !!

Too busy dealing with her million dollar horses

Too busy dealing with her million dollar horses
    Oh my, what a "struggle" for a woman who "doesn't even feel wealthy".

Golly gee whiz....what a tough life she's had....imagine, she and poor Mittens had to make it through college eating tuna and pasta they bought by selling off his stock portfolio a little bit at a time. Awwwwww.......they couldn't even afford to entertain. GMAFB VoMitt.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...tock-portfolio
    Last edited by Cynful; 09-15-2012 at 09:19 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Oh my, what a "struggle" for a woman who "doesn't even feel wealthy".

Golly gee whiz....what a tough life she's had....imagine, she and poor Mittens had to make it through college eating tuna and pasta they bought by selling off his stock portfolio a little bit at a time. Awwwwww.......they couldn't even afford to entertain. GMAFB VoMitt.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...tock-portfolio
    It is amazing what hard work can do. I find it inspirational and something to strive for. Mocking it doesn't make any sense to me but whatever. I feel the same way about Bill and Melinda Gates but I guess to some only democrats are allowed to be rich.
    Last edited by Paulination; 09-15-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Huh? I too find accomplishing things through dedication and hard work inspirational no matter what political party someone affiliates themselves with....it's not an exclusive attribute. How does cashing in stock given to you from your parents qualify as "hard work"? I don't get that definition.
    Last edited by Cynful; 09-15-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

endsleigh03 Guest
    The stock came from Mittâ??s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mittâ??s birthday money year to year â?? it wasnâ??t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.

Please tell me I am reading that wrong. Is that saying Mitt got a few thou a year for birthdays???

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Huh? I too find accomplishing things through dedication and hard work inspirational no matter what political party someone affiliates themselves with....it's not an exclusive attribute. How does cashing in stock given to you from your parents qualify as "hard work"? I don't get that definition.

I was going to mention the stock but endsleigh nailed it. In college he graduated with a JD/MBA in business abd a law degree cum laude and was in the top 5% of his class. I had to work very hard for just a BS in business accounting so I'm guessing to accomplish what he did was indeed "hard work".

He then worked for:

Boston Consulting Group
    Bain and Company
    Bain Capital

Ran for a senate seat and had the closest margin to Kennedy (58-41) that Kennedy had faced in his bids to keep his seat.

Governor of Mass.
    President and CEO of the 2002 Olympics.
    Wrote a book

On top of that when his dad died he donated his inheritance back to BYU.

I have no problem with people hating his politics, hating his hair, hating his religion or hating his tie. But to suggest he hasn't earned what he has and to mock his wife over the life they have earned is troubling to me. But everyone is entitled to their opinion as I am entitled to be troubled I guess.
    Last edited by Paulination; 09-15-2012 at 02:26 PM.

speedblurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I was going to mention the stock but endsleigh nailed it. In college he graduated with a JD/MBA in business abd a law degree cum laude and was in the top 5% of his class. I had to work very hard for just a BS in business accounting so I'm guessing to accomplish what he did was indeed "hard work".

He then worked for:

Boston Consulting Group
    Bain and Company
    Bain Capital

Ran for a senate seat and had the closest margin to Kennedy (58-41) that Kennedy had faced in his bids to keep his seat.

Governor of Mass.
    President and CEO of the 2002 Olympics.
    Wrote a book

On top of that when his dad died he donated his inheritance back to BYU.

I have no problem with people hating his politics, hating his hair, hating his religion or hating his tie. But to suggest he hasn't earned what he has and to mock his wife over the life they have earned is troubling to me. But everyone is entitled to their opinion as I am entitled to be troubled I guess.
    How dare they successfully attempt to live the American Dream. And I too hope that if I ever accomplish my American Dream, people are there to shit on it for me too.

German newspaper rips Obama:

"One thing is clear: If jihadists believe they can attack American installations and kill an ambassador on the anniversary of Sept. 11, then America's deterrent power has declined considerably. For a superpower, it is not enough just to want to be loved. You have to scare the bad guys to keep them in check."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-855835.html

Netanyahu Pressures US on Iran Nukes

The Obama administration is taking a "wait and see" approach to Iran which is making Israel question our resolve when it comes to the Iranian threat. Obama certainly doesn't want to address this, or much of anything until after the election. The problem is that Israel will not blink if it feels threatened. With or without the US Israel will protect itself which could ignite the middle east powder keg. They will attack Iranian facilities which could lead Iran among other countries to retaliate which will undoubtedly drag the US into action. Obama needs to address this sooner than later.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...s-iran-policy/

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    German newspaper rips Obama:

"One thing is clear: If jihadists believe they can attack American installations and kill an ambassador on the anniversary of Sept. 11, then America's deterrent power has declined considerably. For a superpower, it is not enough just to want to be loved. You have to scare the bad guys to keep them in check."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-855835.html
    Actually, you are quoting Der Spiegel which is in turn quoting Die Welt. Die Welt is fairly right-of-center.

Meanwhile you conveniently ignored several other publications quoted in the same article.

Bild Zeitung writes:

"The West must be tough on terrorism. And it must show that it can differentiate between rabble-rousers and peaceful Muslims." emphasis mine.

Handelsblatt (think Wall Street Journal) writes:

"Mitt Romney has, however, failed to recognize the very core of the American dilemma. He attacked Obama with twisted facts shortly after the announcement of the death of the US ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens. He claimed that the US government had sympathized with the attackers in Benghazi. But not only was that factually wrong, it also demonstrated an alarmingly high level of foreign policy incompetence to his own party."

Süddeutsche Zeitung writes:

"Middle Eastern policy is a thankless task for America. But for precisely this reason -- and despite the election campaign -- it would be unwise to pour oil into the fire. "

You're very selective in your quoting. The opinion published in Die Welt does not reflect that of the entire German press.

When did I say that it reflected the opinion of the entire German press? The fact is the article blasted Obama for being weak, and rightfully so.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    When did I say that it reflected the opinion of the entire German press? The fact is the article blasted Obama for being weak, and rightfully so.
    You didn't, but your post was so constructed that one could have been misled into thinking so.

Why would you care what a German newspaper says anyway? I thought we are Americans and don't have to give a hoot what any damn foreigners think?
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 09-16-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Forever-27 Guest
    The countdown continues ...

51 more days until hes given notice to move out

You didn't, but your post was so constructed that one could have been misled into thinking so.

Why would you care what a German newspaper says anyway? I thought we are Americans and don't have to give a hoot what any damn foreigners think?
    I found it ironic that they had the balls to print what the MSM in American won't, and it was factual. These riots and such are not about some dumb ass youtube film. If it was, they would have rioted six months ago when it came out, and not on the anniversary of 9-11 like Obama and his cabinet want people to believe.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    The countdown continues ...

51 more days until hes given notice to move out
    I hope for your sake you have a Plan B.

heh.. Plan B..

This thread reminds me of Plan 9.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    This thread reminds me of Plan 9.
    Well, it is full of scary noises, and some participants may need long distance electrodes shot into their pineal and pituitary glands after the election.

48. 09-16-2012, 03:03 PM

Bidmor Guest
    The presidential polls. There are scad-wads of them out there and one can find a poll to support which (Robney or B.O., like it makes a big difference) candidate one is pulling for.

So I became curious. I was aware of what Real Clear Politics does and that is to average out a lot of polls and come up with a single number. But as to the polling people themselves, who's the best?

Not long after the 2008 election, the poli-sci department of Fordham University published a one-page summary of their findings regarding who was the most accurate. According to Fordham, there was a tie in 2008...Rasmussen and Pew tied for dead on accuracy. Everybody else was way off.

Fast forward to today.

As of today, Rasmussen's 3-day tracking of 1500 likely voters has Romney over Obama by 1 percentage point. A statistical dead heat.

In stark contrast, Pew has Obama up 10 points over Romney amongst an unknown number of registered voters. However the most recent Pew polling period was July 16 - 26. That's over 45 days old.

As of today, Real Clear Politics' average is a 3.1 point advantage for Obama...still a statistical tie. RCP did not include Pew because, I assume, of its age.

This is bad news for both B.O. and Robney. Here's an incumbent prez who cannot rise above a statistical dead heat, and a challenger who cannot do the same in spite of worsening economic conditions under the watch of the incumbent.

Of course these are polls which could be off a little and there's plenty of time for the proverbial October surprise. But think of the monkey wrench that would be thrown in if the day after election, B.O. and Robney end up with an Electoral College tie. Now that would be entertainment.

In that event, I have an idea. The two flip a coin. Whoever wins gets to be prez and the other guy veep. After all, both are interchangeable.
    Last edited by Bidmor; 09-16-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Well, it is full of scary noises, and some participants may need long distance electrodes shot into their pineal and pituitary glands after the election.
    Tsk, tsk, Rosie. We don't need that whole digs at other members thing starting again. Remember, it's ok to poke fun at or with members you're friendly with. But verboten iz das nitpicken to get under das skinen.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Tsk, tsk, Rosie. We don't need that whole digs at other members thing starting again. Remember, it's ok to poke fun at or with members you're friendly with. But verboten iz das nitpicken to get under das skinen.
    Oh it was meant in a spirit of fun - and could just as easily apply to me, aber I make hands behind Ruecken binden.