Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Former President Barack Obama

Bidmor Guest
    I continue to recall the plaque Harry Truman had on the oval office desk while he was there.

Bidmor Guest
    As the DNC show rolls into Charlotte, many people will become homeless...they are the working poor, living in motels (some instances an entire family in one room) and these motels are jacking up their rates to take advantage of delegates etc. The people will be forced to leave. Yes the motels shouldn't price gouge and Charlotte area charities are gearing up to help but there's not enough.

I wonder how much of a contribution the DNC will make to the shelters? I'll give you one guess and the amount is less than a dollar.

http://rt.com/usa/news/national-conv...displaced-763/

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I continue to recall the plaque Harry Truman had on the oval office desk while he was there.

How far do you want to roll back the clock?

Truman is dead, Eisenhower is dead, Elvis is dead . . . and apparently you don't feel very well.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post

Truman is dead, Eisenhower is dead, Elvis is dead . . . and apparently you don't feel very well.
    Touchy???

As the DNC show rolls into Charlotte, many people will become homeless...they are the working poor, living in motels (some instances an entire family in one room) and these motels are jacking up their rates to take advantage of delegates etc. The people will be forced to leave. Yes the motels shouldn't price gouge and Charlotte area charities are gearing up to help but there's not enough.
    Same thing had happened in Denver four years ago when they had the DNC. If memory serves correctly I believe the now defunct Rocky Mountain News had published a photo of a family who had suddenly became homeless because the cheap motel they were staying in was being rented by a some out of town television station who had wanted to use the place for their staff since the place was located near the Pepsi Center.

To be fair I would imagine that unfortunately this sort of thing happens whenever some "BIG" event takes place in a city even if its non-politically related. Earilier this year didn't some working poor families in Indianapolis had found themselves at least temporary homeless because the owners of the motels they were staying in had wanted to cater to out of town Superbowl fans ??

Be nice to have Barack Obama as Prime Minister
    of Canada.
    Unlike our Stephen Harper who seems to hate
    all things Canadian
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post

Touchy???
    Word association games? Ok, my turn:

NO.

I wonder how much of a contribution the DNC will make to the shelters? I'll give you one guess and the amount is less than a dollar.

http://rt.com/usa/news/national-conv...displaced-763/
    Like that doesn't happen when the RNC
    camps out

Sheesh

9. 08-30-2012, 07:50 AM

Elixson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Be nice to have Barack Obama as Prime Minister
    of Canada.
    Unlike our Stephen Harper who seems to hate
    all things Canadian
    Well, Obama hates most things American so he'd fit right in as Canadian PM.

And you're welcome to him.

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    camps out

Sheesh
    Oh I expect it does...merely the first story on that subject I've seen.

Stu Pidasso Guest
    At least one California delegate to the convention was booted for getting into it with the cops.

I was reading the book THE AMATEUR - first meeting between Obama and Bernanke: about 5 minutes in and Bernanke realizes that Obama doesn't understand some of the terminology and has to simplify things for the great one. Bernanke won't have that problem with Romney.

Yeah, and he also insinuated that Bill Clinton raped Hillary, "the closeted lesbian." The dude sounds like a liar, to me, and will do ANYTHING to sell his trash. I have a TOUGH TIME believing that President Obama had trouble with terminology, being the well-educated man he is. He may be a lot of things, but a fool, he is not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...ToV_story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/bo...bama-book.html

15. 09-03-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    Yeah, and he also insinuated that Bill Clinton raped Hillary, "the closeted lesbian." The dude sounds like a liar, to me, and will do ANYTHING to sell his trash. I have a TOUGH TIME believing that President Obama had trouble with terminology, being the well-educated man he is. He may be a lot of things, but a fool, he is not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...ToV_story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/bo...bama-book.html
    ITA Jen....rubbish trying to sell rubbish.

Additionally, if this idiot author wants to talk about someone needing to be educated, one thing I know is that Rob-Me sure wouldn't need to be schooled in taking advantage of every known tax loophole. UNREAL. GAG ME. If his father George Romney was his hero, why doesn't sonny boy want to follow in his dad's footsteps and release his tax returns?

Here's the Republican God Ronald Reagan.....funny how they're all whining about the Buffett Rule when good old Ronnie brought it to the forefront decades ago.
    Soooooo, it's all peachy when RR talks about it but not Obama????? RIDICULOUS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mp1nuEVOoc&feature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Bernanke won't have that trouble with Romney, because Romney's too busy abusing animals and bashing gays. Also, I'm praying there are enough intelligent Americans to make the right decision, and vote a Democrat into the White House. I've had enough of the Republican rhetoric and nonsense. We've already had a "good ole boy," and that OBVIOUSLY didn't work for us. It's going to take a HELL of a lot longer than 4 years to straighten out the mess good ole Dubya created for this great nation.

Yeah, that's what this country needs-an intolerant, animal-abusing, rich douchebag, to further elevate the 1% and drive the economy into the shitter. Oh, and let's just leave the healthcare system where it is... people dying because they can't afford proper healthcare and big drug companies raping the common man. Yeah, that's a GREAT idea.

No, I'm not "all into politics," but I have common sense. I'm surrounded by gun-toting, racist, intolerant, beer-swilling, bigoted Republicans who dream up reasons to hate Obama. The fact of the matter is, it's because his daddy was black. Yeah, I said it. "He's dumb?" Did you pay ANY attention to Dubya's speeches? He couldn't even pronounce the word "nuclear."

I'll just leave my soapbox, shaking my head fervently.

Elixson Guest
    Obama ATE a fuckin' dog.

tarsier Guest
    camps out

Sheesh
    Not exactly relevant when the RNC is supposedly the party of the rich and big business while the DNC supposedly cares about the poor which is awfully hippocritical.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    Not exactly relevant when the RNC is supposedly the party of the rich and big business while the DNC supposedly cares about the poor which is awfully hippocritical.
    When did the RNC officially start admitting that it is the party of rich white men and doesn't give a damn about anyone else?

I guess I missed THAT memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    one thing I know is that Rob-Me sure wouldn't need to be schooled in taking advantage of every known tax loophole. UNREAL. GAG ME.
    So Mitt Romney goes to his accountant that applies american tax law written by congress and policed by the IRS just like every other american and the accountant prepares that tax return and tells him how big a check to write and somehow he has done something wrong? Huh?

Do you think Warren Buffet asked his accountant to "un-find" deductions he was elligible for? How about Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Elixson View Post
    Well, Obama hates most things American so he'd fit right in as Canadian PM.

And you're welcome to him.
    Site your proof please

Stu Pidasso Guest
    Site your proof please
    Wouldn't that be cite or do you need to go to the actual places?

Speaking of Obama's money, he's a millionaire but how did he actually make that money, other than writing two autobiographies?
    Last edited by Stu Pidasso; 09-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
    Wouldn't that be cite or do you need to go to the actual places?

Speaking of Obama's money, he's a millionaire but how did he actual make that money, other than writing two autobiographies?
    So please

CITE your references

And he ACTUAL made that money by working

Stu Pidasso Guest
    So please

CITE your references

And he ACTUAL made that money by working
    What did he do? What was his job?

So it's okay for democrats to have millions and use tax loopholes to get breaks, but not Republicans? I just want to make sure we are all on the same page here...

havoc Guest
    From what I understand:

President of the United States 2008 - 2012
    U.S Senator, Chicago, Ill./Washington D.C. 2005 - 2008
    State Senator, Chicago, Ill. 1997 - 2004
    Attorney, Davis, Miner & Barnhill, Chicago, Ill. 1993 - 2002

And wrote two books.

There have never been two bigger hypocrites than Barack Obama and Eric Holder.

They are requiring people to have an ID to get into the Democratic National Convention, but they are suing states who want to require ID for people voting for the most powerful man in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    From what I understand:

And wrote two books.

Funny how google works for some...

havoc Guest
    Last edited by havoc; 09-05-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    Bernanke won't have that trouble with Romney, because Romney's too busy abusing animals and bashing gays. Also, I'm praying there are enough intelligent Americans to make the right decision, and vote a Democrat into the White House. I've had enough of the Republican rhetoric and nonsense. We've already had a "good ole boy," and that OBVIOUSLY didn't work for us. It's going to take a HELL of a lot longer than 4 years to straighten out the mess good ole Dubya created for this great nation.

Yeah, that's what this country needs-an intolerant, animal-abusing, rich douchebag, to further elevate the 1% and drive the economy into the shitter. Oh, and let's just leave the healthcare system where it is... people dying because they can't afford proper healthcare and big drug companies raping the common man. Yeah, that's a GREAT idea.

No, I'm not "all into politics," but I have common sense. I'm surrounded by gun-toting, racist, intolerant, beer-swilling, bigoted Republicans who dream up reasons to hate Obama. The fact of the matter is, it's because his daddy was black. Yeah, I said it. "He's dumb?" Did you pay ANY attention to Dubya's speeches? He couldn't even pronounce the word "nuclear."

I'll just leave my soapbox, shaking my head fervently.
    I feel bad that your experience with republicans around you has been so negative. I assure you we are all not like that, not even close. I work in an office with both liberals and conservatives and we all get along great. It's funny though that all of the conservatives have their own offices and all of the liberals are the staff. But anyway, you can't paint with that wide of a brush.

There are extremes in both parties and I assure you Romney isn't extreme. He's often criticized within the party as to close to the center. Sure, there are your classic raciest red neck republicans but just as I don't believe every liberal is looney enough to dress as a giant vagina and stand on a street corner (at the RNC) you should give some of us a little more credit and though we may disagree ideologically, alot of us are still "intelligent americans". Just my opinion ofcourse.

What does it matter? He worked and that is all.

Now, lets all stop with the grammar lessons and following people around. This is a discussion board not a high school homeroom. If you don't like what someone posts scroll on down or put that person on your ignore list.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Obama ATE a fuckin' dog.
    Was it hot?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hey, I just looked up his work history. That's what I got. I'm not here to pick a fight with you.

An attorney, senator and authored two books? Yeah, he made money. Damn, Kate.....
    Go back and read a few posts up thread. She was kidding you, right, Kate?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

havoc Guest
    Last edited by havoc; 09-05-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Boy, Dick Durbin sure didn't take kindly to being asked about the democrats failure to pass a budget when they had complete control.

Elixson Guest
    From what I understand:

And wrote two books.
    He handled 30 cases at Davis, Miner & Barnhill in 9 years, and never lead on any of them, only assisted. That's not working at all. As far as being a senator, he voted absent far more than the average. At one point, during a two month period, Senator Obama missed 71--or nearly 80 percent--of the 89 votes that have taken place in the U.S. Senate.

As president he has played golf 32 times more than the "job council" he created has met, that's 32-0 if you keep score.

Also, what kind of ego maniac writes two autobiographies before 45 when you haven't done a damn thing? Whoops, Bill Ayers actually wrote Dreams From My Father, not Obama.

Also, where is the "community organizing?"

The dude who cooked his dog for him worked harder on that than Barack has in his whole life!

havoc Guest
    Last edited by havoc; 09-05-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400794_199432770188178_1335298342_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	43445

Elixson Guest
    Why don't you just put a bone in his nose?

Bwana.
    Whooooooooo touchy, touchy gotta play the race card!

havoc Guest
    Whooooooooo touchy, touchy gotta play the race card!
    Touch this.....

No, touch this: Don't quote posts that break the rules. Rule 4. That goes for all of you. Most of you guys have been here a long fucking ass time and should know better than to bicker like 8 year olds. I've already handed out cards and I don't mind at all handing more.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

havoc Guest
    Last edited by havoc; 09-05-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Come on people how about a good trade Barack
    Obama for one dumb ass Stephen Harper.
    Just for the Canada -USA peace talks.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Stu Pidasso Guest
    Why don't you just put a bone in his nose?

Bwana.
    http://occupationoforegon.files.word...cist.gif?w=640

Lots more time to play golf when your ending illegal wars and not starting them.

In all seriousness I don't think a president playing golf is a big deal. It should be encouraged. They have the most stressful job in the world.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Lots more time to play golf when your ending illegal wars and not starting them.

Libya says hello......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...al-libyan-war/

Did you just compare Libya to Iraq? Gotta be kidding me.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

49. 09-04-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Did you just compare Libya to Iraq? Gotta be kidding me.

No, I didn't.

Please explain to me how Iraq was illegal when congress voted to go there?

How about we discuss how the democrats wanted to bomb Iraq while Clinton was still in office?

Maybe how Obama bombed Libya without congressional approval?

Here's a little sumpn' sumpn' for you:

Here's another one.

Maybe one more, and my personal favorite, Clinton himself saying Saddam had WMD's in 1998.

Maybe just a little bit more.

One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line.”

- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

“Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face.”

- Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

“He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983.”

- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Securiity Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

“[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.”

- Letter to President Clinton, signed bby Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

“Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.”

- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

“Hussein has … chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies.”

- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

“There is no doubt that … Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies.”

- Letter to President Bush, Signed by SSen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

“We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them.”

- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 20002

“We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.”

- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

“Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.”

- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

“We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction.”

- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

“The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons…”

- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

“I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force– if necessary– to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”

- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

“There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years … We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.”

- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

“He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do”

- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weap ons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members .. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons.”

- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

“We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction.”

- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

“Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime … He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation … And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction … So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real …”

- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23, 2003