Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst Christmas Songs Ever!

King Tut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    "me... i want a hooooola hooooop!"
    i love that song.
    aaahhhhhhhhhh I begged you not to do that!!

simon69 Guest
    Bah, Humbug to um all!!! Jingle Bell Rock!!! Rockin round that Christmas tree!! and finally, no dis-respect to the King aka Elvis but If I hear "Blue Christmas" one more time this year I'm gonna rip my hair out!! No wonder the suicide rate goes up this time of year? Listening to that crap would put any sane person over the edge!!!

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simon69 View Post
    Bah, Humbug to um all!!! Jingle Bell Rock!!! Rockin round that Christmas tree!! and finally, no dis-respect to the King aka Elvis but If I hear "Blue Christmas" one more time this year I'm gonna rip my hair out!! No wonder the suicide rate goes up this time of year? Listening to that crap would put any sane person over the edge!!!

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    I cannot stand A Wonderful Christmas Time by Wings. I have that shit song stuck in my head. Every freakin time I get in my car it's on the radio. There's others I detest but this one really does me in. YUCK!
    Yep, that one gets on my tits as well

Any Christmas song by Mariah Carey. I worked retail, and heard her crummy songs way too many times. I hate her.

That stupid donkey song.. or the one about the hippo. Makes me want to stab my ears with a rusty screwdriver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

RogerV Guest
    I don't know its actual name, but there's one that's a children's choir, and it sounds like a dirge... it's intentionally "flat." If you're not "down" before you hear it, you will be by the end!

simon69 Guest
    Let me clarify one thing, I do love Christmas music, but the radio stations around here play that same old crap? I love the old stuff like > Do you hear what I here? By Andy Williams and Handels Messiah. But if I hear Grandma Got Run over by a Reindeer a decade from now it'll be too soon!!

King Tut Guest
    I have to agree. After the Chipmunks' hula hoop, EP's Blue Christmas runs second place for me. Elvis' vocal delivery is annoying enough, but those background female singers make my head explode.

suicide_blonde Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by silverwaif77 View Post
    After years of working in retail, I HATE EVERY CHRISTMAS SONG. That and ther are only like 40, so you have like 8 different versions of sleighride to listen to every goddamned day. UGH!!!!
    This.

I work at a restaurant and they start playing Christmas music on Thanksgiving day and it does not stop until New Year's day.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    Jeez if I hear "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" I'll go postal...I freakin' can't stand that &#%@*$#)@*&$^ song &%#*@!*

EWWWWWWW.....I forgot about that atrocity.......blehhhhh

RogerV Guest
    I just thought of another one... I THINK it's Andy Williams "Comin' Down the Chimney Down."

<<<< pounding head on desk, trying to get it out of my head >>>>

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerV View Post
    I don't know its actual name, but there's one that's a children's choir, and it sounds like a dirge... it's intentionally "flat." If you're not "down" before you hear it, you will be by the end!
    I know what you're talking about. I heard part of that this morning. It's got a very weird ass sound.

That wretched song by Sir Paul, A Wonderful Christmas

Jingle Bells

silverwaif77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suicide_blonde View Post
    This.

I work at a restaurant and they start playing Christmas music on Thanksgiving day and it does not stop until New Year's day.
    We were actually instructed to put up Christmas decorations and begin playing that godawful music a week BEFORE halloween. I have been listening to this shit for more than 2 months. I don't care what corporate says that shit is outta here on Dec 26th or I am outta there.

cynnbox Guest
    The only one that kinda gets on my nerves is the one by Paul Mccartney (i think) and i think its named, "A wonderful Christmas time"? ANNOYS ME!

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cynnbox View Post
    The only one that kinda gets on my nerves is the one by Paul Mccartney (i think) and i think its named, "A wonderful Christmas time"? ANNOYS ME!
    Yep that fuckin song is the whole reason I started this thread! lol I bet Ole' Paul never imagined it would be this hated!

Nerak Guest
    Little Drummer Boy...uugghh!

monroe27 Guest
    yeah that wings Christmas song is so annoying!! As soon as they start playing it on the radio, I instantly turn it off. Feliz Navidad is a bit annoying too it is way over played. Has anyone heard Porky Pigs rendition of blue christmas? That is hilarious!

xenaswolf Guest
    I'm not a big fan of Xmas music, but I ADORE Joan Jett's version of Little Drummer Boy.

And here for your listening PLEASURE, ladies and gents....

JOAN JETT and the Blackhearts Little drummer boy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9UW-urO3g
    Last edited by xenaswolf; 12-19-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Carrie Guest
    I hate hate hate hate the Christmas Shoe song...I've only heard it once and I puked....horrible song.

I loathe most Christmas songs with the exception of two.. and they are both very untraditional and sardonic
    Christmas Wrappings- waitresses
    and My fav... Fairytale of New York by the Pouges

Dotty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    I profoundly hate "Last Christmas" by Wham and "All I want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey. Actually, I hate everything from Mariah Carey.
    I'm with you on that one, I don't like many female singers but hearing her warbling voice just makes me want to stamp on puppies heads.

'Fairytale of New York' by the Pogues and Kirsty McColl should be banned from everywhere at all times, I hate that song with a passion and will walk out of anywhere it is playing.

25. 12-21-2008, 02:22 AM

Glamrock Princess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    I loathe "I want a Hippopontamus for Christmas"....
    and I can't stand any of the modern stuff...I am an old fashioned christmas girl....
    Oh yeah...the Hippo song is the worst. And, who the heck would name their kid Gayla if their last name was Peevey? Come to think of it, there's not any names that go with Peevey...Penny Peevey? Pamela Peevey? oy!

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I hate hate hate hate the Christmas Shoe song...I've only heard it once and I puked....horrible song.
    Thank God someone mentioned that wretched song. I HATE IT! It's played on the radio at work twice today, and I turn up my internet radio to drown it out. Talk about the most depressing Christmas song ever. Let's see if we can make someone cry during the season of joy.

I hate Little Drummer boy too. Rum pa pa pum. How annoying is that?

One song that gets me is We Wish You A Merry Christmas. Not the whole song, just that verse where the carolers want figgy pudding. First, what the hell is figgy pudding? Never heard of it. Then they have the audacity to demand it. "So bring us some figgy pudding, and bring it out here." The worst is when they threated that they won't leave until they get some. What the hell is that? Talk about rude! Would you take my boot up your ass instead? Why doesn't anyone see how obnoxious those lyrics are?

I HATE Dean Martin singing about Rudy the Red Beaked Reindeer. WTF?

Yeah, let's do away with Do They Know It's Christmas, and War Is Over. Neither of those songs are relevent any longer. And, I hate hearing Yoko Ono's voice in the background, she sounds like someone is choking a cat. 12 Days of Christmas is annoying. I don't mind some of the parody versions, though. We're McKenzie Brothers fans in our household, so we love their version.

I agree, there are only a handful of Christmas songs, and you have to listen to a dozen different versions of each one daily. I listen to an Internet Jazz Christmas Station, and a lot of that is just musical versions of the songs. That I can handle. I used to love Christmas music. This year it's bugging the crap out of me.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    I thought of a couple more.

I'm tired of The Little St. Nick by the Beach Boys. What an annoying song. I'm also tired of Feliz Navidad and Mele Kalikemaka (sp?) I don't give a rats ass how Hawaii spends Christmas, unless I'm there.

What is up with Christmas songs that describe where you are actually spending Christmas? I've heard Christmas in New Orleans this year.

A grown up Christmas Wish and the damned theme from the live action Grinch, I think was done by Faith Hill, rubs me the wrong way, too damn sappy. But I love most other Christmas songs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

guardmom2008 Guest
    This one I really can't stand.. I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.

Tracyb24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmom2008 View Post
    This one I really can't stand.. I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.
    I don't know that one. I just heard Wham's Last Christmas today for the first time too.

Ted Challinor Guest

...well thank God its them not you....

I'm disappointed that the ever-turgid Do they know it's Christmas...by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure is not on here yet. Remember, if you dare, its lyrics which sound like they've been written by a 10 year old struggling to do a comprehension lesson at school....'It's Christmastime; there's no need to be afraid
    At Christmastime, we let in light and we banish shade' ..... AND 'It's hard, but when you're having fun
    There's a world outside your window' ........ NOT FORGETTING 'And the Christmas bells that ring there
    Are the clanging chimes of doom
    Well tonight thank God it's them instead of you' (at least they don't have to listen to this!)
    ...'And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmastime' (...err, no there won't. As crap lyrics go this must be in the top ten)

Aside from this and its annoying tune, it wrecked the UK's entertainingly competitive contest by musicians to be no.1 at christmas. That year they all were, by singing this jingle ...

guardmom2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracyb24 View Post
    I don't know that one. I just heard Wham's Last Christmas today for the first time too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtqIM_bPTws

I was going to name a few but now I only HATE 12 days of christmas because my husband thinks he knows the words and the massacre is just too much for me.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

a clever sheep Guest
    Away in a Manger. Bleagh!

bblvnvelphy Guest
    love the song..but hate this version
    Baby its cold outside-jessica simpson and Nick lachey

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=i6nyh22fQ78

Jack'sGirl Guest
    I swear, if I ever meet the man that wrote/sings the Christmas Shoes, I'm kicking him in the fucking nuts.

Merry Christmas to you, asshole!

Gawd, I'm so sick of that song!!!

sheri Guest
    Silence...night
    Oh Holy Crap
    Bin Laden Is Coming To Town...
    and my personal fave...Jingle Bombs

Thanks, Achmed. Christmas songs will never be the same. LOL

MorbidMolly Guest
    As of this minute, any song, sung by anybody, anywhere.......bring on New Years already.......

Nicki Guest
    Without a doubt.....The Twelve Days of Christmas. Its like listening to "99 bottles of beer on the wall".....Not sure why any radio station feels compelled t play that tune!

pattykad Guest
    Man, tough crowd.

WriterDude Guest
    Last night I heard a version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Sarah McLachlan that I'd never heard before and now must find for the collection. But the call in this thread is for songs we hate, so I'll have to go with "Happy Xmas (War is Over)". I'd rather listen to kittens being strangled than Yoko's voice.

With that happy thought, let me wish all of you the best Christmas possible. For those who celebrate otherwise, may your holiday rock as well.
    Last edited by WriterDude; 12-25-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: goof fix

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    I swear, if I ever meet the man that wrote/sings the Christmas Shoes, I'm kicking him in the fucking nuts.

Merry Christmas to you, asshole!

Gawd, I'm so sick of that song!!!
    LMAO!!!! I HATE that f*****g song!

"And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight" Major Barfage!!!!

For those who wish to partake of the aforementioned "barfage"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g11EBSibsgk

pattykad Guest
    I don't know a Christmas Shoe song. I must be quite lucky.

Overtaxed Guest
    Can anyone tell me why anyone would ever want to hear Jose Feliciano sing "FELIZ NAVIDAD?" Seems anytime I turn on commercial radio (thank goodness for Satellite), whatever station I turn on is playing that damn song!

I know I'm also going to get flack over this one, but am I the only person who finds Karen Carpenter's rendition of any Christmas song so sickeningly sweet that you want to go into insulin shock?

colz85 Guest
    OK, the shoe song is horrible, but I heard "A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill yesterday and it was barf inducing.

Overtaxed Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    LMAO!!!! I HATE that f*****g song!

"And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight" Major Barfage!!!!

For those who wish to partake of the aforementioned "barfage"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g11EBSibsgk

I just realized what the Christmas "Shoe" song was...so damn depressing makes you want to turn on the gas and stick your head in the oven!

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I just realized what the Christmas "Shoe" song was...so damn depressing makes you want to turn on the gas and stick your head in the oven!
    Exactly! I'm so glad someone gets that! You and More Cheese Please! What a horrible song to sing for Christmas!

Side note, since this thread is probably dead for another year now anyhow, I have a funny Christmas Shoe song story.

We have a neighbor with an old dog that we love, Abby. We always talk to Abby over the fence, and my dogs love talking to her, too.

My husband was talking to the neighbor the other day, and he told hubby that Abby is on her last legs. They are trying everything they can to keep her alive and out of pain, but the inevitable is coming soon.

I went in to tell my smartass 13 year old son. I said, "Bad news. It looks like Abby will be seeing Jesus soon."

He answered, "Well, I better go out and get her some shoes."

It went over my head at first. Shoes for a dog? "What?"

"So she can look beautiful when she goes to meet Jesus!"

I about fell on the floor, dying with laughter. That kid of mine kills me.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    Exactly! I'm so glad someone gets that! You and More Cheese Please! What a horrible song to sing for Christmas!

Side note, since this thread is probably dead for another year now anyhow, I have a funny Christmas Shoe song story.

We have a neighbor with an old dog that we love, Abby. We always talk to Abby over the fence, and my dogs love talking to her, too.

My husband was talking to the neighbor the other day, and he told hubby that Abby is on her last legs. They are trying everything they can to keep her alive and out of pain, but the inevitable is coming soon.

I went in to tell my smartass 13 year old son. I said, "Bad news. It looks like Abby will be seeing Jesus soon."

He answered, "Well, I better go out and get her some shoes."

It went over my head at first. Shoes for a dog? "What?"

"So she can look beautiful when she goes to meet Jesus!"

I about fell on the floor, dying with laughter. That kid of mine kills me.
    that was FUCKING hilarious!

Nicki Guest

Christmas Songs that drive you Nuts!

What particular Christmas songs drive you bonkers?
    I work in a popular upscale grocery store where they play Christmas tunes ALL FRICKEN DAY LONG! My personal Hate Tunes are "THe 12 Fukkin Days of Christmas" and "I saw Mommy kissing Fukkin Santa Claus". (Jimmy Boyd had such a screeching high pitched voice. I just want to tie his ass up and have his jaws wired shut!