Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Actors Who Died During the Run of A TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by deleeuw View Post
    Leonard Rossiter, best remembered as Rigsby from Rising Damp died after one series of Trippers' Day. For the next series he was replaced by gameshow host Bruce Forsythe, with the programme becoming Slingers' Day. In the US, the show was remade as Check It Out with Don Adams.
    I so remember the show: check it out: with Don Adams because I
    think it was filmed here in Canada.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I'm not sure if he counts as he was fired from the show but there is also Glenn Quinn who played Doyle in Angel. He was also Mark in Roseanne. Angel was still on air when he died of an OD in 2002.
    Last edited by Shellie; 12-28-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I'm not sure if he counts as he was fired from the show but there is also Glenn Quinn who played Doyle in Angel. He was also Mark in Roseanne. Angel was still on air when he died of an OD in 2002.
    Thank you for bringing him up. I LOVED Doyle, and his chemistry with Cordelia. I think if they would have kept him on, he would have actually lived longer. Maybe they thought it was too much of a sausage party with Wesley joining the cast and Gunn being around more. I loved the show, Angel, even though it got kind of stupid when Cordelia gave birth to a fully grown black woman. After Charisma Carpenter cut her hair, the show really lost something. She gained weight and David Boreanez gained a lot of weight when they took over the evil law firm. I think they should have made it a rule (in that show) that when vampires don't drink human blood, they start aging. That might have helped the show make sense. He got his looks back and got fit for 'Bones' though. He is one of my favs... Also, the actor who played Loren (Green) died after the end of the show from a heart problem, I think his name was Andy Hallett? Sad. But back to topic....

Glenn Quinn was great, and when he was watching Cordelia reenact her audition for the trash bags, which she lost to the gal in a cat suit taking out her cat trash....OMG, he was so in love with her. And when she caught him reenacting his heroic moment when he saved her after her date ran away.... so funny, and so geeky.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Did Paul Lynde's death occur whilst he was still a regular on Celebrity Squares, or had he been fired by then?
    I so enjoyed him on that show.(Hollywood Squares)
    The 1960s and 1970s to the early 1980s.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Thank you for bringing him up. I LOVED Doyle, and his chemistry with Cordelia. I think if they would have kept him on, he would have actually lived longer. Maybe they thought it was too much of a sausage party with Wesley joining the cast and Gunn being around more. I loved the show, Angel, even though it got kind of stupid when Cordelia gave birth to a fully grown black woman. After Charisma Carpenter cut her hair, the show really lost something. She gained weight and David Boreanez gained a lot of weight when they took over the evil law firm. I think they should have made it a rule (in that show) that when vampires don't drink human blood, they start aging. That might have helped the show make sense. He got his looks back and got fit for 'Bones' though. He is one of my favs... Also, the actor who played Loren (Green) died after the end of the show from a heart problem, I think his name was Andy Hallett? Sad. But back to topic....

Glenn Quinn was great, and when he was watching Cordelia reenact her audition for the trash bags, which she lost to the gal in a cat suit taking out her cat trash....OMG, he was so in love with her. And when she caught him reenacting his heroic moment when he saved her after her date ran away.... so funny, and so geeky.
    There was a lot of backlash over his sacking behind the scenes. Joss Whedon said it was always the official plan for him to go but some of the actors and writers over the years have said it was BS and they lost a lot of respect for Joss over it saying it showed how much of a dick he was, something confirmed when he later used the character in S5 which David and Christian Kane who played Lindsey were against but they were basically told the shut up. He also sacked Charisma Carpenter who played Cordelia because she got pregnant hence her weight increase in the show.

Back on topic, another name to add to the list that few here will probably know is the actor Jack D'arcy. He was well known for appearing in both films and TV in Scotland. His most recent role was as Pete The Jakey in the sitcom Still Game. He died in 2015 in between series.