Thread: Woman Forced to Rob Bank With Bomb

aedgar5000 Guest

Woman Forced to Rob Bank With Bomb

Police are on the hunt for a man who forced Betty Davis, a 73-year-old grandmother, to rob an Arkansas bank with
    an explosive device attached to her ankle. According to Davis, the gunman warned her when he sent her out:
    ??All I??ve got to do is push this button [to detonate the bomb] if you don??t do it right.?
    But, rather than take any money, Davis instead informed staff at the Arvest Bank in Fayetteville, Arkansas, that she had
    an explosive device strapped around her ankle and allowed them to evacuate the building.

Local authorities and officials with the Bentonville Bomb Squad arrived shortly after and removed the device from Davis?? leg.

It was then that Davis told the cops her story, a gunman had broken into her home the previous evening and was holding
    her husband hostage while she carried out his orders.

When police got to Mrs. Davis??s home in Washington County, they found her husband Dean, tied up, but the suspect had
    escaped with the family??s pickup truck, a 2011 Silver Ford F-150.

The pickup truck was found abandoned a few miles away from the house.

Washington County sheriff??s Lieutenant Emily Augustine said the couple are not being treated as suspects, have been
    cooperative in the investigation and did not show any signs of deception in telling police their story.
    ??The evidence we have supports the witness statements so far,? Augustine said, and added, ??[Betty's] a really brave
    woman.?
    Although 73-year-old Betty Davis and her husband Dean are described by relatives as being in good spirits, their family has
    lingering concerns that the intruder might return.
    ??I don??t feel like they??re safe because he could come back and everything,? the couple??s grandson, Billy Davis, told
    local reporters. ??And you don??t know what he??s going to do.?

Someone's been watching to much 30 mins or less, Glad the grandmother is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    Someone's been watching to much 30 mins or less, Glad the grandmother is okay.
    Srsly. Guess they got the bomb off of her...what a nightmare. Yes, the Great Recession is hitting all of us very hard, but please don't strap bombs to grandmothers when you're strapped for cash!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Wonder if the police did a bomb sweep of the Davis' home before they went back to it. A crazy person might rationalize leaving one set in the home as 'punishment' for not getting them their money. And I imagine something like that could be set to go off days later or even longer. And if their truck is found in one piece, I think it'll be a miracle. I wouldn't put either of these scenarios past any crazy who fucks with the elderly.