Thread: Dearly Departed DVD Drinking Game

algae85 Guest

Dearly Departed DVD Drinking Game

Ok.. My vacation time started the other day so I was totally ready to get drunk tonight and I needed a new way of doing so..
    I hadn't watched the DVD in a while and was having a few beers.. Just before the Karen Carpenter segment I thought.. Hm maybe I could make a drinking game out of this.. and basically started drinking whenever words such as "death", "died", "funeral", etc were mentioned. Then it went on the the segment on Robert Lees and I made the game a little more interesting where anytime anything morbid whatsoever was mentioned I would take a sip...
    Well, long story short, I finished a beer before the segment was up. And it made my husband a little more interested in watching it with me! He doesn't share my enthusiasm...
    I assume a good number of members here are drinkers so if you are ever in the mood for a different way to get a little buzzed I totally recommend it!
    Just wanted to share

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by algae85 View Post
    Ok.. My vacation time started the other day so I was totally ready to get drunk tonight and I needed a new way of doing so..
    I hadn't watched the DVD in a while and was having a few beers.. Just before the Karen Carpenter segment I thought.. Hm maybe I could make a drinking game out of this.. and basically started drinking whenever words such as "death", "died", "funeral", etc were mentioned. Then it went on the the segment on Robert Lees and I made the game a little more interesting where anytime anything morbid whatsoever was mentioned I would take a sip...
    Well, long story short, I finished a beer before the segment was up. And it made my husband a little more interested in watching it with me! He doesn't share my enthusiasm...
    I assume a good number of members here are drinkers so if you are ever in the mood for a different way to get a little buzzed I totally recommend it!
    Just wanted to share

This is an absolutely brilliant idea!

I may have to buy the DVD now just in order to play the game.

The rules need to be tightened up a bit. Maybe Scot could publish a set on the next DVD

For example, I think players should have to down a double shot (or the equivalent) any time the phrase "as you do" is said. Sort of the equivalent of double points for running over a pregnant nun.

And before you all write and say "wait a minute . . . I know some very nice pregnant nuns!": so do I.

Signed,
    Brother Rosebud, SDH*

*Society of Death Hags, of course

PS: To keep it interesting - Anytime the name "Manson" is said, all players must rotate one seat to the left sans beverage and continue drnking whatever is in front of them at their new location.
    To keep players alert and focused and keep the blood flowing - any mention of Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, or Carole Lombard triggers a "Chinese fire drill" with the same results as above, plus the last player to be reseated must down a double shot or equivalent. This should be particularly interesting in the later stages of the game. You may want to hide the imported crystalware your grandmother left to you.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 12-05-2011 at 12:55 AM.

I <3 <3 <3 this!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Oh and anytime a mailbox is shown, the last person to say "of course I do" has to drink.

Update: So I just scored myself (on paper - I have to work tonight) and after watching the DD Vol. 1 and Six Degrees of Helter Skelter trailers plus the Wonderland and MJ videos, I'm at 12 "sips" plus 1 mailbox, 3 Mansons, and 2 Marilyns. If this had been an actual emergency, I would say I would have a reasonable buzz going about now.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 12-05-2011 at 10:44 AM.

you guys are killing me! HAHAHA!
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    you guys are killing me! HAHAHA!
    Thanks, and don't get killed Scott: we need more "as you do"'s!