Thread: Bride text during ceremony

jaylene Guest

Bride text during ceremony

STOP! In the name of Love...
    Those are my principles.If you don't like them,I have others.

-Groucho Marx-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JudyAnn Guest
    My pastor just recounted a story from a wedding he recently officiated; just married, the bride and groom flounced out of the church doors and rows of guests with their heads bowed, were texting or checking phone messages! There were so many guests doing this that he initially thought they were praying!

jaylene Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyAnn View Post
    My pastor just recounted a story from a wedding he recently officiated; just married, the bride and groom flounced out of the church doors and rows of guests with their heads bowed, were texting or checking phone messages! There were so many guests doing this that he initially thought they were praying!
    lol!! I'm thinking isn't everyone there? Who are you texting?!

if I were that dude, I would have RAN!

1karenhb Guest
    All cellphones should have been turned off, including the bride's!

what if her dad was being held hostage and had she not answered that text at that very moment, he would have been killed? have none of you considered this possibility?

Her dad was right next to her...IMO texting during your wedding ceremony is EXTREMELY tacky and rude.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

At least she wasn't driving
    Those are my principles.If you don't like them,I have others.

-Groucho Marx-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

she's driving alright, driving that poor schleps life into the shitter. Look at his face, he's like "fuck, she's gonna text during sex isn't she?"

Sign of the times I guess.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    lol!! I'm thinking isn't everyone there? Who are you texting?!
    Exactly. Who is so important that you need to text them going down the aisle, but they're not there? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    All cellphones should have been turned off, including the bride's!
    No freaking kidding.

Shattered Dreams Guest
    My guess is, it was one of her friends who was there.. As a joke texting her "DONT DO IT"....

Mammy Guest
    She should have put the phone on vibrate and put it in her panties instead of her bra. She would have been skipping down the aisle and moistened up for the honeymoon all at one time. Multitasking at it's finest, a win/win all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    She should have put the phone on vibrate and put it in her panties instead of her bra. She would have been skipping down the aisle and moistened up for the honeymoon all at one time. Multitasking at it's finest, a win/win all around!
    *spits milk all over computer* Thanks. ROFL

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    Glad to help! LOL

Bridezilla aside, it was extremely unprofessional for the hired videographer to humiliate his client by posting that video. Way out of line, IMO.

(The video in the article is "private", maybe the father of the bride fired a bullet across the videographer's bow.)
    Last edited by Barbossa; 11-01-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Look on the bright side, she'll probably never know it. She's too busy text messaging.

yeah, maybe she pissed the video guy off. Not saying it's right, but who knows what the circumstances were.

Flowergrrl Guest
    What a BITCH. Yeah, if someone was SO important... Why wasn't their ass there?! I don't even care if it was grandma who was too elderly and sick to make the plane trip there... She could text BEFORE or AFTER the ceremony.

Maybe it was her ex-boyfriend.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    What a BITCH. Yeah, if someone was SO important... Why wasn't their ass there?! I don't even care if it was grandma who was too elderly and sick to make the plane trip there... She could text BEFORE or AFTER the ceremony.
    And besides, if Grandma was too elderly to make the plane trip there, she's more than likely too elderly to understand texting.

"I just go here!"

I've been playing at wedding ceremonies for over 20 years, and this past summer I played for a wedding where a cell phone started to ring and ring and ring during the vows. It turned out to be the groom's phone. Weirdest thing was that it was an extremely high-$$$ ceremony at the city's finest hotel, with only 5 people present: the officiant, the classical guitarist and me, and the happy couple (who were both in their mid-to-late 80's). Thwarted my expectations, for sure...

I've also seen a bride barf on the officiant, and a dog (walking down the aisle in a mini-tux as part of the processional...how precious) take a whiz halfway to the chuppah. But no texting bride...yet!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

jaylene Guest
    I think eventually it will happen Mirror. To think at one time we didn't have cell phones.
    We called people and it rang and rang until they got home. Judging by the conversations
    I hear when people are on cell phones in public those calls don't really sound so important
    that it couldn't have waited. The dog taking the whiz made me chuckle.

missygir810 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    If she does, I hope she has a good rate plan, a vibrater might be cheaper lol.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Every pastor has his or her horror storries about wedding pranks gone wrong, brides, grooms, bridesmaids, best men showing up stoned or drunk or both, future spouses left at the altar, etc., but this is just the worst.

If I had been the officiant, I would SO have had a hissy-fit right then and there. Surely they were told at the wedding rehearsal to turn off all mobile devices on the big day. At the very least, the wedding would have stopped in its tracks for 15 minutes while the bride and groom retired to the study with me for some additional premarital counseling.

The pastor should have produced a big ole iPhone from underneath his robe and announced "here it's God, She says She has something to say to you . . . and it can't wait another minute!"

And yeah, at least it wasn't a drive-thru wedding.

Wonder if she was texting during the wedding night hokey pokey.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Wonder if she was texting during the wedding night hokey pokey.
    Yeah, and during which phase exactly? Cause you know:
    You put your left foot in
    You take your left foot out
    You put your left foot in
    And then you shake it all about . . .

Maybe she didn't text because it was nothing to write home about.