Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 dead 3 wounded in Seal Beach hair salon shooting

6 dead 3 wounded in Seal Beach hair salon shooting

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/10/12/6-dead-3-injured-in-seal-beach-shooting/
    http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_19097675

O
    MG, too close to home. I grew up near here and was worried my parents may have been there. Hubby's friend owns it and his best bud is a regular. Still waiting for details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Just saw this on my CNN Newsbreak! Do they know why yet?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Sounds like a jealous ex husband. This is a very ritzy area, crime is rare, so I figured it would be more a jealous spouse sort of deal. Latest headline is that he was wearing body armor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am very sad to report 2 more fatalities...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lucky One Guest
    So sad, I used to hang out at Seal Beach, Zuma Beach, and Venice Beach. So scary, it could have been any one of us! Our time is never promised! Live each moment as you were dying! In case I haven't said it, I love you guys, and this board! <3

This is just so sad. This man must of had some serious issues to do such a thing. What really pisses me off is why these people who go postal don't seek some help before they take it out on world!

Well, that is awful. It amazes me that someone feels the need to do something like that and take out people doing everyday things just because they are bitter or jaded. Prayers go out to all involved. I hope that everyone that you & your hubby know are safe, Morty.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Hippo Guest
    Apparently the perpetrator just lost a custody battle to a salon employee. Eight dead at this point.

Mulvaness Guest
    Here is another article on it. Saying 8 confirmed dead so far.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-to-eight.html

Mulvaness Guest
    Morty, I am sorry for your hubby's loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulvaness View Post
    Here is another article on it. Saying 8 confirmed dead so far.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-to-eight.html
    Wow, thank you for posting. The photos are heart wrenching. We figured out later my hubby's friends salon is directly across the street, but we are still worried as it's in our neck of the woods and there may be people we knew in there at the time. I'm still in shock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/MSNBC/C...p.grid-6x2.jpg

First look at him. He doesn't appear to be upset or disturbed by what he did.

Mulvaness Guest
    Morty~ I am glad that it was not your hubby's friend!! I'll say a prayer that it is none that you guys know as well as one for the victims and their loved ones.

Mulvaness Guest
    SheeBee~ You are right, he does not look upset. He looks satisfied, it is disturbing to us but, not so much to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulvaness View Post
    Morty~ I am glad that it was not your hubby's friend!! I'll say a prayer that it is none that you guys know as well as one for the victims and their loved ones.
    Thank you. I am seeing now that one of our church friends is a regular there, and although she wasn't there today, she's concerned too and waiting to hear the ID's of the vics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MorbidChrissy Guest
    This is just horrible.

Police officers stand with Scott Evans Dekraai, 42, after arresting him following the shooting. (AP - Reed Saxon
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

http://lang.presstelegram.com/photos/photos.asp?a=1340965#id=1340965&num=0

H
    ere's a photo gallery, towards the end there's a pic of the open door to the salon, and you can clearly see a body lying in the doorway,chilling...Still waiting on names of the vics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    Police officers stand with Scott Evans Dekraai, 42, after arresting him following the shooting. (AP - Reed Saxon
    What a WORTHLESS POS. He's so F*UCKING upset over a custody battle so he makes sure the child now has NO parents. Not to mention the unbearable losses of eight families who are now without their mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers.

heaven01uk Guest
    Fucking piece of shit, RIP to all the victims.

Jacksmum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, RIP to all the victims.

RIP to the victims and prayers to their families.

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    He needs a bra.....

His boobs are bigger than mine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Divorces are incredibly messy business and I think they can set "normal" people off on the drop of a dime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    What a WORTHLESS POS. He's so F*UCKING upset over a custody battle so he makes sure the child now has NO parents. Not to mention the unbearable losses of eight families who are now without their mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers.
    I'm incredibly pissed off, too. I'm not advocating any loss of life whatsoever, buuuut...dude didn't off himself as well? It wouldn't have been an occasion to rejoice if he shot just the one woman (custody battle) and then himself - that's two dead - but that would have been six fewer bodies...and one of the bodies would've been HIS.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

james1977 Guest

Cops Should Have Killed The S.O.B

Why didn't the cops killed this big titted bastard.? What a filthy fat piece of shit scumbag. In 1962. The story would have read, the assailant was shot dead by the police after he pulled his gun on them. In many cases, they- the assailants - had their hands up and the cops took care of the situation. Instant justice. I guess the cops are afraid of losing their jobs. Frickin sucks. Even the cops are chickens. We need Russel Crowe from L.A Confidential, he would have killed this big fat man- titted bastard. Now he will watch T.V with Richard Ramirez for the next 40 years. Real Great. This fat scumbag.

deanfan Guest
    Man boobs, and looks like that officer is fixing to cop a feel. Yuck! A person on another forum I'm on said the shooter lives, or did live now, on their street, and they knew some victims.

Mammy Guest
    I am surprised that the big pussy didn't commit suicide. That is usually how these mass killings end.

deanfan Guest
    Would've saved some money if he had, plus he would be burning in hell already.

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, he may as well have killed his sorry ass because his life as he knows it is gone anyway. I don't get the mindset of people who do these mass murders. He was angry over a custody battle with his wife so he kills her. Now his child is basically an orphan because daddy dearest murdered the mom and he will likely be in prison for the rest of his life. Way to think things through there, sport!

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/10/13/8-dead-in-seal-beach-rampage-identified-by-police/

V
    ictims identified. We will be doing at least one of their services at work. The local paper is offering to run the obits for the 8 victims free of charge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guess the title of this thread needs to be changed to 8 Dead....:-(
    This whole thing is so sad
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Mammy Guest
    This tragedy is just more proof that we are never really safe anywhere.

More details... http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,7925350.story

Aw, poor guy, he needs his meds and his pain relief. How I wish he could be made to suffer, REALLY suffer, without his pain treatment. I mean, it's not like there's any doubt HE did this thing, Why act like he's just a suspect who HAS to be treated decently in the event that he may not be guilty? Darn that "cruel and unusual punishment" nonsense.

The surviving shooting victim, 73, was having her hair done by her daughter, who was killed...
    The child of the killer and his primary victim was in the school office, waiting to be picked up by one of his parents...

Photos and profile sketches of the victims...http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6021332.story

Mammy Guest
    It is horrible to imagine the pain of the loved ones of these victims, but I can't stop thinking about the murderer's little eight year old boy. How could this bastard do this to an innocent little boy? He is too young to understand the concept of death and he will now grow up without his mom and know his dad is in prison for killing her and seven other people. His entire world is going to change. He won't be living in the same place, he won't have any parents, he may even have to change schools depending on who he ends up with. He must be so scared and confused and totally lost. All of these people are dead out of this guy's twisted need for revenge and he destroyed the life of the same little boy that he claimed to be fighting for. I'll never understand it.

The Lucky One Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    It is horrible to imagine the pain of the loved ones of these victims, but I can't stop thinking about the murderer's little eight year old boy. How could this bastard do this to an innocent little boy? He is too young to understand the concept of death and he will now grow up without his mom and know his dad is in prison for killing her and seven other people. His entire world is going to change. He won't be living in the same place, he won't have any parents, he may even have to change schools depending on who he ends up with. He must be so scared and confused and totally lost. All of these people are dead out of this guy's twisted need for revenge and he destroyed the life of the same
    little boy that he claimed to be fighting for. I'll never understand it.
    Im hoping that a close sane family member will step up and provide a safe haven for the kid and take him under their wing. Just protect him so all is not lost for him

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Im hoping that a close sane family member will step up and provide a safe haven for the kid and take him under their wing. Just protect him so all is not lost for him

Mammy Guest
    I hope so, too, but his life is still going to change dramatically no matter where he ends up. People can love and protect him as much as humanly possible, but his mom is gone forever because of his dad and his dad will be out of his life most likely.

WTF is wrong with people that CHOOSE to ruin their kids' lives????? Especially in a manner such as this?????
    As you said Mammy, this should be a done deal. It's not like there's any doubt he did it. I mentiored on a different
    thread that where Neil lives in Singapore, ALL murderers and drug traffickers get the death penalty and are hanged.
    It takes about a month. The end. Too bad this ASSHOLE doesn't live there.
    Last edited by Cynful; 10-16-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Mammy Guest
    I still can't believe he didn't commit suicide. He even wore a bullet proof vest to avoid being shot by cops. If you are so consumed by rage and the need for revenge, why would you commit mass murder and not kill yourself? He must know that he will most likely end up on death row or LWOP at the very least. Did he want to survive to savor how much pain he inflicted on other people? It just doesn't make sense to me. Yes, he should get the death penalty, not one year from now, not five years from now, not twenty-five years from now, but RIGHT FUCKING NOW! There is no doubt in this world that he is guilty and he isn't worth saving and should be done away with quickly. Unfortunately, we all know that won't be the case. His defense lawyers will nauseate us all with sob stories about him being injured on the job, living in chronic pain, trying to get custody of his son, and having to deal with his ex in court. The lawyers will make it sound like the ex was a bad person who provoked him and he snapped. The taxpayers will pay for his meds and pain management because it would be inhumane to let him suffer.(Gag me) The lawyers will drag this on for years and we will hear about depression and insanity and the victims will be pushed aside while this beast gets all of the attention just like always. It is all enough to make you puke.

The Lucky One Guest
    I hope so, too, but his life is still going to change dramatically no matter where he ends up. People can love and protect him as much as humanly possible, but his mom is gone forever because of his dad and his dad will be out of his life most likely.
    I have such a soft spot for kids. I have 4 godchildren and i dont know what i could do without them. I will never let them get hurt nor let anyone help them. This poor kid needs love right now more than ever. What he also needs is a stabile environment. His world is upside down. Im praying he has the strength to get past this. Im also hoping one day he will be able to use this moment in time to help similar kids with similar issues. Im looking a bit far ahead, i just wish him nothing but love and peace.

Mammy Guest
    I know, Lucky One, I wish him love and peace, too, but this will affect him for the rest of his life. No matter how many people he has in his life who love him, no one will ever love him like his mom did. There is just no comparison. My son went to school with a boy from kindergarten until his sophomore year in high school. In June of last year, the boy's dad shot and killed the boy's mom in the front yard of the boy's grandma and then killed himself. She had left him because he was an abusive alcoholic and he had been stalking her. This boy's entire life has been uprooted. He didn't want to live with his grandma because it was her yard the murder happened. His paternal grandparents were already dead. He ended up living with an aunt and uncle, but had to switch schools because they don't live around here, so at the time that he needed his friends around him the most, he had to move away from them. I just wish people would think things through before doing something so horrible. My heart just aches for this little eight year old boy who is right in the middle of this whole mess.

The Lucky One Guest
    I know, Lucky One, I wish him love and peace, too, but this will affect him for the rest of his life. No matter how many people he has in his life who love him, no one will ever love him like his mom did. There is just no comparison. My son went to school with a boy from kindergarten until his sophomore year in high school. I
    n June of last year, the boy's dad shot and killed the boy's mom in the front yard of the boy's grandma and then killed himself. She had left him because he was an abusive alcoholic and he had been stalking her. This boy's entire life has been uprooted. He didn't want to live with his grandma because it was her yard the murder happened. His paternal grandpar
    ents were already dead. He ended up living with an aunt and uncle, but had to switch schools because they don't live around here, so at the time that he needed his friends around him the most, he had to move away from them. I just wish people would think things through before doing something so horrible. My heart just aches for this little eight year old boy who is right in the middle of this whole mess.
    I totally understand sweetheart! Im right here with you.

On another boards I'm on, there's a couple of people there who were neighbors and friends of the wife of the psycho and are sick to their stomachs with the fact that they even attended BBQ's at him and his ex-wife's house and all. Apparently this guy has been threatening to do this for a while. He even had to attend anger management classes - I guess they didn't work.

Mammy Guest
    It's a damn shame some of them didn't mix some antifreeze into his drinks at the BBQ's. It sure would have saved a lot of grief.

Man, saw one of the victims today at work. What this guy did was senseless. Looks like he just went in and sprayed the place with bullets. Such a horrendous thing to have happen. I'm still in shock, this is such and beautiful quaint part of town you can escape to and feel hours from the hustle and bustle of LA. I wish I could take the son in my arms and just hold him. I still need to take a pilgrimage down to the salon just to see where it all happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Man, saw one of the victims today at work. What this guy did was senseless. Looks like he just went in and sprayed the place with bullets. Such a horrendous thing to have happen.
    Really sorry, Morty. After the media coverage quiets down about this tragedy, it will still remain just as fresh in the minds and lives of those who are right there like yourself. Sorry for everyone's loss
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Djen Guest
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20120927.shtml

This article tries to be a bit of a sob story about the assailant, but falls short. It sounds like he was a kid with a lot of troubles, and got bailed out too many times to learn that his actions have consequences. It reminded me of a lot of stories we see here of the Golden Child with the dark underside that gets worse and worse until no one can bail him out. Like Scott Peterson, or OJ (finally!)

harlequin_clown Guest
    What is this world coming to? My daughter has decided that she doesn't like the rules here, and moved in with her dad. Am I pissed? Absolutely! Hurt? You bet I am! Homicidal? Not at all.