Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stupidest Movie you ever saw?

FDR: American Badass, it makes Shakes the Clown look like Citizen Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukisha View Post
    FDR: American Badass, it makes Shakes the Clown look like Citizen Kane.
    Wow. I looked up the trailer on youtube.
    We can only hope they had fun making this movie, otherwise it is a crime against humanity, and Barry Bostwick.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

One of the absolute worst and stupidest movies I've ever seen is Jim Belushi in Real Men. He has to get in touch with an alien and give him one thing for a weapon or a glass of water so th aliens will help humanity. This movie was so bad that when they edited it water towers in the background appeared and disappeared in the same scene.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Scout987a View Post
    I heart huckabees (I now call it I fart suckabees)
    Idiocracy
    Anatomy of Hell (it's a French "erotic art" movie. Dumb *and* pretentious)
    Alphaville (French Sci-Fi, if you can imagine such a thing)
    Legally Blonde 2
    The Flinstones
    Elvira's Haunted Hills
    One False Move (violent and stupid)
    Xanadu (cheesily stupid)
    Two of a Kind (Travolta and Newton-John, dumb, dumb, dumb)
    Can't Stop the Music (the village people movie--it's unbelievable)
    The Apple (weirdly dumb)
    Toys
    Godzilla (with Matthew Broderick. All of the characters were idiots. I kept hoping the zillas would eat the actors)
    Matrix 2 and 3
    King Kong with Jessica Lange before she could act
    The Lonely Lady with Pia Zadora. Trashy and dumb
    The Bitch and the Stud, both starring Joan Collins. Both written by her sister Jackie. Trashy and dumb (both were filmed in the 70's; Joan looks good and you can see ALL of her, if that's your thing)

and my personal pick for the dumbest movie I ever saw....
    Hudson Hawk. Soooo stupid.
    I enjoy many of those films.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Naked Lunch

movie 43

For me it's 'The Producers' - 2005 version. A stellar cast but damn I thought it was stupid and the acting even worse. It's the one and only time I was happy to leave before the end. Oh, and then there's the 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen'. Truly one of the worst and most stupid films of all time.
    Last edited by LordLucan; 02-11-2020 at 10:41 PM.
    There's something happening here, what is is ain't exactly clear.

Midsommar

I loved One False Move. However.

Flubber Both versions
    Mr. Limpet
    The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
    Zombie (1980)
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-12-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dogma .

The Simpsons Movie

Lack of Marge's sisters, Bart's teacher, Otto, Smithers and so forth. They were there but thats it !! Waste !!

Hardly Working (1980) starring Jerry Lewis.
    The way he made fun of certain groups of
    people are awful.
    Also the product placement of stuff is sad,
    Jerry Lewis was just embarrassing himself.
    (and yes I saw it when it first came out)

I would say Showgirls but I can't. Everything that is bad about it is good ! A real camp classic. London, as for Jerry Lewis I never understood why people thought he was funny. I never did, same shtick every film.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I would say Showgirls but I can't. Everything that is bad about it is good ! A real camp classic. London, as for Jerry Lewis I never understood why people thought he was funny. I never did, same shtick every film.
    Thank you for saying this, I never understood people like Jerry Lewis
    plus Milton Berle were ever funny. So more obnoxious then anything.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    the blair witch project
    i needed a dramamine by the time that shit was over
    Oh yeah, that was an overhyped stinker for sure!

Death Wish 3 was a real time and money waster. Hate to admit that I payed to see it. Another mother that I loathe is "The Straight Story". Guy rides a mower across Iowa to visit his brother. I would have driven him across the country if I didn't have to sit through this smeller. This movie was playing in the plane on a trip to CA many years back and it almost made me want to jump out.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Interview with a Vampire. That was some weak, overly-emotive shit.
    The books were sooooo much better then the lame movie. It was such a disappointment seeing this movie.

I really agree with you here on both counts. I liked Showgirls. They got everything about campy movies down right but with a little better budget. I love those kinds of movies. I never thought Lewis was funny either but his kind of comedy was never my thing so maybe that's it. I do have to admit, I would love to see "The Day the Clown Cried".

That noted I did watch "Supervan" last night. For a bad 70's movie (which I love) it was pretty bad. There were some cool vans in it though but for one of my favorite movie genre's, I dunno. I wouldn't bother watching it again . I then watched "The Great Texas Dynamite Chase". Loved it. It's too bad Claudia Jennings died so young. She could act even if she was stuck in low budget movies and I really like them all.

Quote Originally Posted by jfr121 View Post
    The books were sooooo much better then the lame movie. It was such a disappointment seeing this movie.
    I really thought Rutger Hauer would be cast as Lestat - guess he was too old. Tom Cruise was such a ham and Brad Pitt had lovely hair.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I really agree with you here on both counts. I liked Showgirls. They got everything about campy movies down right but with a little better budget. I love those kinds of movies. I never thought Lewis was funny either but his kind of comedy was never my thing so maybe that's it. I do have to admit, I would love to see "The Day the Clown Cried".

That noted I did watch "Supervan" last night. For a bad 70's movie (which I love) it was pretty bad. There were some cool vans in it though but for one of my favorite movie genre's, I dunno. I wouldn't bother watching it again . I then watched "The Great Texas Dynamite Chase". Loved it. It's too bad Claudia Jennings died so young. She could act even if she was stuck in low budget movies and I really like them all.
    Supervan sounds like fun. Even really bad can have it's moments. You are right about Claudia Jennings, I thought she was a good actress. A shame she never got the chance to move on to A list films. She certainly had the talent. Every now and then I see a film and think Claudia could have done this.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Thank you for saying this, I never understood people like Jerry Lewis
    plus Milton Berle were ever funny. So more obnoxious then anything.
    Absolutely. I grew up during the end of their heydays and watched some of their older and current work at that time. Not impressed or amused after seeing each of their gags the first time, and kids are pretty easily amused by repetitive slapstick antics.

I feel the same way about all of Bob Hope's movies. Yes, he did a lot to help keep up the morale of our troops, but that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. He basically played himself in every movie, wasn't funny, and it was in no way believable that he ever got the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Absolutely. I grew up during the end of their heydays and watched some of their older and current work at that time. Not impressed or amused after seeing each of their gags the first time, and kids are pretty easily amused by repetitive slapstick antics.

I feel the same way about all of Bob Hope's movies. Yes, he did a lot to help keep up the morale of our troops, but that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. He basically played himself in every movie, wasn't funny, and it was in no way believable that he ever got the girl.
    From all indications he sure did get the girls though.

From all indications he sure did get the girls though.
    Reminds me of Nine Inch Nails' song Star Fuckers.

Stupidest movies I've ever seen? Please. At the top of the list would be "Neighbors" not the recent one with Zac Efron but back in time-the one with John Belushi and Dan Akykrod. Another would be "Bless the Beasts and the Children" -good message, rotten movie. Also, "Harry and Walter Go to New York" with James Caan. Saw "Cherry Falls" a slasher movie--a cult movie to some but I hated it. "The Incrediby Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed up Zombies" I think was bad on purpose.

The only way most of those would be tolerable is if they were part of an old-school episode of MST3K.

I used to have a Torgo screen saver.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Plan 9's got nothing on Manos. I don't care what the critics say.

IDK - on the one hand (of fate) you've got Torgo, and on the other hand you've got Tor; and on the other hand you've got Criswell, and on another, Dudley Manlove.

C'mon now, no love for The Girl in the Gold Boots? Her pops? Her pill-popping idol?

Just saw a horrible film starring Alice Cooper - Monster Dog from 1984. Plot synopsis: Alice is a rock star who returns to his family mansion (after an absence of many years) with a crew of five to film a rock video. The area is plagued by either a werewolf or demon dog. The mansion has been empty for years except for the caretaker, who is the first casualty of the unspecified monster. Alice may or may not be the monster, I honestly can't tell and apparently neither could the film's writers.
    What makes it suck: Alice isn't photogenic from ANY angle. He was only 36 but looked much older. He can't act or even react, he recites his lines as if he learned them the night before. The monster consisted of a werewolf-type mask which was filmed briefly and in extreme close-up, we never see its body (presumably they couldn't afford to create a body-costume to wear with the mask). Several scenes consisted of a pack of actual dogs playing the monster's minions, and for the most part they happily wagged their tails. In several scenes these happily-roaming dogs reminded me of the Bumpus hounds in Christmas Story. The plot's concept isn't that bad (perhaps they wanted to rip-off The Wolf Man) but the actual script is weak.

That sounds horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    Just saw a horrible film starring Alice Cooper - Monster Dog from 1984. Plot synopsis: Alice is a rock star who returns to his family mansion (after an absence of many years) with a crew of five to film a rock video. The area is plagued by either a werewolf or demon dog. The mansion has been empty for years except for the caretaker, who is the first casualty of the unspecified monster. Alice may or may not be the monster, I honestly can't tell and apparently neither could the film's writers.
    What makes it suck: Alice isn't photogenic from ANY angle. He was only 36 but looked much older. He can't act or even react, he recites his lines as if he learned them the night before. The monster consisted of a werewolf-type mask which was filmed briefly and in extreme close-up, we never see its body (presumably they couldn't afford to create a body-costume to wear with the mask). Several scenes consisted of a pack of actual dogs playing the monster's minions, and for the most part they happily wagged their tails. In several scenes these happily-roaming dogs reminded me of the Bumpus hounds in Christmas Story. The plot's concept isn't that bad (perhaps they wanted to rip-off The Wolf Man) but the actual script is weak.
    I always like to read IMD when watching a movie. I had never hear of this movie before. It says that Alice's voice was all dubbed. The movie was never intended to show outside of the Phillipines.

He talked about this film in an article I read a few years ago. His wife had left him and had filed for divorce, and he still had not sought treatment for his chronic alcoholism. He said he remembers very little about the making of it. He and Cheryl reconciled after he went to rehab and years later his kids had seen the film and told him it was a good thing he doesn't remember it !

I'm pretty sure it was a super big hit in the Phillipines, Alice is still idolized there to this day; in my mind.
    Plus, consider the circumstances - everybody was still hung over from the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    Stupidest movies I've ever seen? Please. At the top of the list would be "Neighbors" not the recent one with Zac Efron but back in time-the one with John Belushi and Dan Akykrod. Another would be "Bless the Beasts and the Children" -good message, rotten movie. Also, "Harry and Walter Go to New York" with James Caan. Saw "Cherry Falls" a slasher movie--a cult movie to some but I hated it. "The Incrediby Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed up Zombies" I think was bad on purpose.
    So true, the film Neighbors (1981) with Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi were into drugs it was sad. Also James Caan is a big time jerk back in the late 1970s at the playboy mansion what he said to Dorothy Stratten. (I hope James Caan dies a painfull death real soon.)
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 03-31-2020 at 03:40 PM.

So true, the film Neighbors (1981) with Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi were into drugs it was sad. Also James Caan is a big time jerk back in the late 1970s at the playboy mansion what he said to Dorothy Stratten. (I hope James Caan dies a painfull death real soon.)
    I saw Death Of A Playmate about Dorothy and it shows footage of her and Caan from the mansion. She is just so sweet and kind, and he was obviously trying to put the moves on her. All I could think was, and excuse by French, your a fucking pig.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 04-01-2020 at 02:47 PM.

I saw Death Of A Playmate about Dorothy and it shows footage of her and Caan from the mansion. She is just so sweet and kind, and he was obviously trying to put the moves on her. All I could think was, and excuse by French, your a fucking pig.
    Thank You, for saying this.

He was disgusting, I'm sure he still is when it comes to women.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    This thing is going to be on the local sci-fi channel sometime this month. I can't wait to miss it!

He was disgusting, I'm sure he still is when it comes to women.
    Very True.

Parents, with Randy Quaid from the "Vacation" movies and Mary Beth Hurt as cannibals trying to force their....ah....diet on their son. Set in the 50s and their son begins to question where their "meat" comes from.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I loved One False Move. However.

Flubber Both versions
    Mr. Limpet
    The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
    Zombie (1980)
    Mr. Limpet.(1964) I enjoy films with fish
    wearing glasses.

Mr. Limpet.(1964) I enjoy films with fish
    wearing glasses.
    Mr. Limpet was on the other night (I love it). My wife is 55 and she asked me what I was watching. I couldn't believe she had never watched Mr Limpet. She didn't get into it. We have different tastes in movies. LOL

Mr. Limpet was on the other night (I love it). My wife is 55 and she asked me what I was watching. I couldn't believe she had never watched Mr Limpet. She didn't get into it. We have different tastes in movies. LOL
    I love it also. I had that and Mr. Chicken on VHS, then DVD and now Blu-ray. I guess you could say I am a fan of both films ! LOL.

I love it also. I had that and Mr. Chicken on VHS, then DVD and now Blu-ray. I guess you could say I am a fan of both films ! LOL.
    Don Knotts was great in that one. "I wish, I wish, I wish I was a fish." I watched it everytime it was on TV when I was a kid and into my 20s.

I saw a new stupid movie during the MST3K marathon tonight: The Killer Shrews It was filled with monsters that were obviously people in furry suits. They only had big fakey rat faces during close-ups.

Another really stupid flick I saw during the marathon was a senseless Miles O'Keefe flick. Anybody remember him? A big muscular hunk from the '80s who played Tarzan opposite Bo Derek's Jane. We were supposed to believe she was a scientist. Didn't happen. Well, this flick was worse. He plays a cave man named Ator who wears a nylon cape and has blow dried hair. He's summoned to the future somehow by a really boring Burgess Meredith lookalike. It goes further downhill from there, so I won't bore anyone with the stupid details. I will say there's no way in hell I'd even glimpse at this or the other movie if it weren't for MST3K. That show makes it impossible to look away from the car accident that is this movie.

Yep. This Stay at home thingy is exposing me to Movies I normally would not watch. Shear boredom. Tried, really hard, to watch the newest adaptation of the King Arthur story with Jax from SOA. (can't remember his real name) WOOF! Made it halfway through.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I do remember him. I have the DVD of a film called Waxwork, he plays Count Dracula. Picked it up for $3 in a bargain bin, actually it was a fun movie. I looked up Iron Warrior, brutal reviews, now I need to see it. LOL.

"I saw a new stupid movie during the MST3K marathon tonight: The Killer Shrews". Isn't that also know as "The View"?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I broke down and watched Magic Mike...yeah that was a waste of time....don't know why this was so popular.

I watched Werewolves on Wheels. Yeah, it belongs here.

You do get the lead actress Donna Anders dance naked with a snake and skull. According to IMDB this was her last acting role.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067972/