Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stupidest Movie you ever saw?

The Scify Channel has gotten MUCH better, than when it started. Comet TV, is the place to go for rock bottom, cheese swamp, miniscule budgeted scifi and horror movies. Hard to believe I found these entertaining, when I was MUCH younger. Yet, I still watch.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I broke down and watched Magic Mike...yeah that was a waste of time....don't know why this was so popular.
    Apparently, it's about male strippers
    I've never seen it, but I've seen enough male strippers in my time to know that I have zero interest in any man who takes more time to get ready to go out than I do. That and a man prancing around in a Speedo or g-string is too feminine to hold my interest. I've walked away from them in my youth, gone outside whatever club my friends dragged me to, and laughed my ass off. Some might say that's rude, but it's much better than laughing directly at him.

Bingo, Mel!

I warned you, Mansfield. Miles O'Keefe is still a good looking man, but he looks like a caveman male stripper in that movie. Twice the laughs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Apparently, it's about male strippers
    I've never seen it, but I've seen enough male strippers in my time to know that I have zero interest in any man who takes more time to get ready to go out than I do. That and a man prancing around in a Speedo or g-string is too feminine to hold my interest. I've walked away from them in my youth, gone outside whatever club my friends dragged me to, and laughed my ass off. Some might say that's rude, but it's much better than laughing directly at him.

Bingo, Mel!

I warned you, Mansfield. Miles O'Keefe is still a good looking man, but he looks like a caveman male stripper in that movie. Twice the laughs for me.
    Yeah, he is still a good looking guy. I have now seen said film. I'm like "What!?! LOL.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

There was a really bad flick on the other day called Love Bites. I'm guessing it was from the '80s because it starred a young Adam Ant as supposed tough guy who becomes a vampire. No one else in the cast was recognizable. I could only stand to watch it for maybe ten minutes though, so there may have been other famous people in there. It was truly fucking stupid either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Yeah, he is still a good looking guy. I have now seen said film. I'm like "What!?! LOL.

My sister forced me to watch it because she has a thing for Channing Tatum. I was bored out of my gourd five minutes into it. I remember when it was first talked about., they were giving all these 'Yes there is stripping but that isn't the main thing' answers in interviews then by the time no#2 came out they were admitting it was nothing more than an ogle fest.

I watched "Big Bad Mama" with Angie Dickinson last night. I read where she won an award for most embarrassing nude scene for this film. Well deserved. Probably doesn't help that it was a scene with William Shatner.

When the camera was panning down I kept on thinking, "O.K., that's far enough". LOL

There was a really bad flick on the other day called Love Bites. I'm guessing it was from the '80s because it starred a young Adam Ant as supposed tough guy who becomes a vampire. No one else in the cast was recognizable. I could only stand to watch it for maybe ten minutes though, so there may have been other famous people in there. It was truly fucking stupid either way.

*****Spoiler alert***** - the basic plot: Adam is a dormant vampire, his crypt is in the basement of a house some gorgeous young woman now owns. She discovers his crypt, he wakes up and they fall in love. He changes his lifestyle to be with the woman, doing things like consuming food instead of blood to be mortal again. Adam's female vampire cohort from centuries ago checks in to try and cause some mild romantic trouble (apparently they had unfinished romantic business). The female vampire falls in love with the woman's ex-boyfriend and ends up becoming pregnant by him. Yes, you really need to suspend disbelief for this film.

Try and watch it again, keeping in mind the tongue-in-cheek intentionally bad humour of the film. Adam is charming in his role, goofy as it is. This film is well aware of its own cheeziness, even bringing in timely AIDS/STD "humour" along the way (apparently immortal vampires need to watch whose blood they consume). One kitschy joke involves Adam shaking hands with the mortals at a party. Since he's dead his hands are very cold. The young woman offers an explanation that his hands are cold because "he [Adam] works for Haagen Dazs." A lame joke, but being a centuries-old vampire wanting to fit-in Adam sincerely asks her "What is Haagen Dazs?"

I like Judy Tenuta in small doses, but she gets huge billing for only one (awful) scene that lasts about one minute (she's a female cop). When you see her appear, just fast-forward or hit the "mute" until she's gone. If her character were to reappear periodically it may've added some genuine humour to the plot.

If you like Adam Ant then try to watch the film, otherwise I agree -- it's basically a fucking stupid film.

I watched "Big Bad Mama" with Angie Dickinson last night. I read where she won an award for most embarrassing nude scene for this film. Well deserved. Probably doesn't help that it was a scene with William Shatner.

When the camera was panning down I kept on thinking, "O.K., that's far enough". LOL

George Takei is the occasional guest-announcer on Howard Stern's Sirius show. Stern once asked George if (on the Star Trek set) he was ever sexually attracted to Shatner (knowing full well that George couldn't stand Shatner). George's response was "How could I, the man wore a girdle and a toupee" followed by his delightful a ha ha ha

William Shatner was also in this film one may ask how
    he sexually harrassed a young Heather Locklear on the
    set of TJ hooker.
    That so made her life sad.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Probably "A dirty shame" (directed by John Waters). Oh God...
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouattara View Post
    Probably "A dirty shame" (directed by John Waters). Oh God...
    His films are one of my guilty pleasures.

Maybe there needs to be a side discussion to this topic.

I watched "Bonnie's Kids" this morning. It's on Amazon so that means it's OK right?

I watched it because I saw where it was noted that Quentin Tarantino used this movie for a basis to "Pulp Fiction". I can see that after watching the movie. First off, it is bad. Typical 70's bad which I do like but this certainly fits another catagory. A movie that in no way could be made today. Some of the language would never fly today. On top of that IMDB notes that Robin Mattson was 15 at the time of this movie. That aspect makes it super creepy. I really like 70's schlock but I cringed.

I followed it up with "Sixteen". Another early 70's low budget movie. (though it does have a couple well known character actors in it). The woman that plays the "Sixteen" role is at least in her early 20's in reality so..........but the brother/sister skinny dipping scene gets a little bit weird.

Watched "Candy" 1968 this morning. I couldn't even begin to tell you what it was about. Truthfully I think it was an excuse for Buck Henry to get an 18 year old girl (Ewa Aulin) naked. She was actually decent........it had a ton of big names in it. Ringo Starr played a Hispanic gardener. (really bad fake accent)

There was John Astin playing twin brothers. Marlon Brando played a long haired guru. There was also Richard Burton, James Coburn, John Huston, Walter Matthau and Anita Pallenberg in it. With all these big names it was really bad.

RIPD, and A fish called wanda.

RIPD, and A fish called wanda.
    I kind of hate how in movie they made fun of people who stutter.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I kind of hate how in movie they made fun of people who stutter.
    me too, I see that in a lot of movies and shows.

Gotta remember that Monty Python cast members are famous for their twisted sense of humor. They were really making fun of Kevin Kline's character's ignorance and general weird fetishism. Remember how the boot smelling and his predilection for foreign languages made the guy hot? One of the best basket case characters ever.

me too, I see that in a lot of movies and shows.
    Thank You for saying this.

Black Swan, we just watched it Sunday night and I was like yeah never again.

There's something about the cover art that makes me pass it by every time, even though it's highly acclaimed, so I've never seen it. Your statement of "never again" is interesting. Was it stupid or something else that makes you say that?
    Last edited by pkstracy; 02-28-2021 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Not sure why it didn't do the reply with quote.

There's something about the cover art that makes me pass it by every time, even though it's highly acclaimed, so I've never seen it. Your statement of "never again" is interesting. Was it stupid or something else that makes you say that?
    I was looking for a series of historical books that I read decades ago. The only book in the series I remembered was Black Swan. So, that movie you guys are talking about popped up. I didn't like the cover either, Debbie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I only saw a brief clip of the Black Swan and I enjoyed it.

I was looking for a series of historical books that I read decades ago. The only book in the series I remembered was Black Swan. So, that movie you guys are talking about popped up. I didn't like the cover either, Debbie.

You're probably referring to Rafael Sabatini's Black Swan? The author's previous book was Captain Blood.
    Perhaps you're referring to Winston Graham's Poldark novel series, which I read years ago? The fifth of twelve novels was called Black Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post

You're probably referring to Rafael Sabatini's Black Swan? The author's previous book was Captain Blood.
    Perhaps you're referring to Winston Graham's Poldark novel series, which I read years ago? The fifth of twelve novels was called Black Moon.
    Nope. It's a historical romance about an Irish or British captain who may be a pirate with a ship called The Swan. He and his settle in the US and build the Swan plantation dynasty. There's at least three books in the series. They must be out of print. The writer was a woman, and I think I've read other books by her. I don't plan on reading them again, but they did impact the book I just published.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Deb it's just so confusing it starts out okay and then during the show you are like does she have a mental illness, or they trying to drive her crazy, is her mom crazy or even exist.

Cindy there is one called The Black Swan by Day Taylor where he owns a ship called the Black Swan and becomes a blockcade running during the civil war, I'll keep searching.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 02-28-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Deb it's just so confusing it starts out okay and then during the show you are like does she have a mental illness, or they trying to drive her crazy, is her mom crazy or even exist.

Cindy there is one called The Black Swan by Day Taylor where he owns a ship called the Black Swan and becomes a blockcade running during the civil war, I'll keep searching.
    Wrong author.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks. Yeah, I'll pass. It sounds like a picture that wants to be a psychological thriller, but its pace and insights are sporadic at best.