Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 147

Thread: Melissa Etheridge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    781

    Melissa Etheridge

    A friend is recovering from cancer and tells me she was inspired by a song Melissa sang concerning her cancer. This is very vague, but if you can, please help. Melissa sings she is gonna live or perhaps the words are about the cancer is gone. I know, I know - why don't you ask something near impossible to solve. Thanks so much.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,783
    Is it "Four Days" ?

    Here's a video link http://video.aol.com/video-detail/me...ays/3252667330

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,783
    Sorry the link listed above isn't working. Here is another one to check out. You can download the song and listen to it http://www.poetryinlife.com/videos/four_days.wmv

    She did this song in relation to her battle with cancer and to help the victims of Katrina. Her new album that just came out is called "The Awakening"

  4. #4
    Batmama Guest
    She also wrote a song called "This Is Not Goodbye" During her cancer battle.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    1,422
    Lets not forget "I run for Life"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    MELISSA CHEATING SCANDAL


    Photo by: Splash News Online

    MELISSA ETHERIDGE's wife walks out with their kids, after accusing the singer of having affairs!

    The singer's same-sex "wife" of nearly seven years, actress Tammy Lynn Michaels, stormed out on the 48-year-old Grammy winner and took their twins after accusing her of running around behind her back, say pals.

    "Melissa is worried that Tammy will punish her by not allowing her to see their kids," revealed an insider.

    Disclosed a close source: "Tammy blew up at Melissa, and Melissa tried to deflect the infidelity accusations - telling Tammy she had no proof.

    "But she never denied the cheating, and that dicey situation - coupled with Melissa always being on tour and not seeming to have enough time for Tammy or the kids - led to the nasty breakup."

    To make matters worse, a fed-up Tammy, 35, took off with the couple's 3-year-old twins - son Miller and daughter Johnnie Rose.

    Tammy gave birth to the pair in October 2006 after using an anonymous sperm donor.

    The two women - who exchanged vows in Malibu in 2003 although they were never legally wed - have been quietly living in separate residences since November.

    What's more, Melissa hasn't been wearing her wedding ring since December, says the close source.

    Tammy has posted what seems to be thinly veiled attacks on Melissa on her Web site, www.hollywoodfarmgirl.com.

    One poem, which Tammy has since taken down, took a shot at Melissa, saying: "…the truth that does not match the super hero…"

    Melissa has tried her best to keep the painful split under wraps.

    "She's embarrassed by the breakup, after building up their union in the press for so long," confided the source."And it's messy because of the kids involved."

    In addition to the twins, the "I Want To Come Over" singer shares joint custody of two other children - Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11 - with her former lover Julie Cypher, who conceived with sperm donated by singer David Crosby. Melissa legally adopted her two kids with Julie.

    Less than two years ago, when gay marriage was briefly legal in California, Melissa and Tammy announced they were preparing to follow fellow celebrity lesbians Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi down the aisle. But they never followed through, and now it looks like the courts may end up deciding custody and financial matters between the battling couple.

    Concluded the source: "It's become a blended lesbian family mess
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,649
    In Melissa's book, she basically said she couldn't stay faithful for long.
    peek-a-boo!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,728
    I liked her in her 'Chrome plated heart' days. She had such an organic, earthy quality that I think she's lost since she made it big. Her voice is amazing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    617
    It sounds messy but I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of legal agreement between them to function like a prenup especially since the laws aren't clear about custody matters and rights between same sex partners married or otherwise.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,696
    Not taking sides in this but it seems like some people who overcome a terrible illness seem to leave the person with them at the time.
    Lance Armstrong for example.
    I wonder if they want to not be reminded of anything associate d with when they were ill.
    Some folks also just are not meant to be married. They are just not one person people.
    Regards,
    Mary

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    If I could ever pick my sperm donor, I can tell you, David Crosby would be on the #1 spot of my "not" list. I feel bad for Tammy - I think she's pretty heartbroken, I thought they had a wonderful life together. I have to agree with the post above mine -- for some reason, it seems common to leave the person who nursed you at your worst. So awful. I hope I never have to be at my worst healthwise to find out, but it sort of makes sense.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,433
    She annoys the shit out of me.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    I have been looking at Melissa's interviews about the split.
    She said similar things as the people here have commented.
    She said they started seeing a counselor when Melissa had cancer.

    She also said that the split was about growth.

    Here is the Star magazine article.





    A week after pulling the plug on her seven-year marriage, Melissa Etheridge says the split was "as mutual as those things can be."

    On Friday's episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, the singer opened up about the end of her relationship with Tammy Lynn Michaels, the former Popular star with whom she has 3-year-old twins.

    While she wouldn't get into specific reasons for the split, Melissa — who also has two kids with ex Julie Cypher — did say, "It is about growing, it is about growth. It's about evolving myself. I feel like now I'm walking my life, and I'm realizing I'm no good to anyone else unless I'm completely in love with myself."

    Adding: "It's sad, and we share two children, and she'll always be in my life, and she's a wonderful woman and an incredible ]mother. We will have a relationship… The children come first."

    In the May 3 issue of Star, on sale now, we report that the couple began seeing a marriage counselor soon after Melissa was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004 — but their problems only mounted.

    "I think after trying so hard and things not changing they realized it was time to throw in the towel," says an insider.
    Pick up the new Star today for more on Melissa and Tammy’s split
    Last edited by coconn04; 04-27-2010 at 04:34 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,643
    Anyone else suspicious about the timing, considering Melissa just released a new album?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,310
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Not taking sides in this but it seems like some people who overcome a terrible illness seem to leave the person with them at the time.
    Lance Armstrong for example.
    I wonder if they want to not be reminded of anything associate d with when they were ill.
    Some folks also just are not meant to be married. They are just not one person people.
    Regards,
    Mary
    I agree, Mary. Some people who survive a life-threatening disease, injury, and eve a great loss of weight, change. They feel like new people and they want a new life, separate from the bad memories of their old self.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,248
    Melissa is nastier than the Indigo Girls squared.
    I thought it was funny when she was lauded for coming out back in the early 90s after it was pretty much safe and not a career killing move and when other braver folk had paved the way for her "groundbreaking" proclamation. Like anyone didnt know in the first place.
    Also the David Crosby jizz thing.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Not taking sides in this but it seems like some people who overcome a terrible illness seem to leave the person with them at the time.
    Lance Armstrong for example.
    I wonder if they want to not be reminded of anything associate d with when they were ill.
    Some folks also just are not meant to be married. They are just not one person people.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Fair enough, but if you don't want to be married, why get married?
    Or have kids, for that matter?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,248
    Not everyone is a humble little Hummel figurine that can be placed neatly upon a shelf in beatific denial of itself.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord , California, United States
    Posts
    6,872
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    She annoys the shit out of me.
    well said my friend, well said indeed.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Melissa gives a statement to IN TOUCH weekly.




    Melissa , who is turning to music to get her through a painful time — her recent split with partner Tammy Lynn Michaels after nine years together — with her new album, Fearless Love.

    "Most people are asking if I am okay, and it is really sad. I actually feel sorry for the gay community because they really like to put you on a pedestal. And I have to say, 'I know, I have fallen off again – sorry,'" she tells In Touch. "I know and I want to be honest and truthful about this. I am trying to be the best me I can be."
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    Fair enough, but if you don't want to be married, why get married?
    Or have kids, for that matter?
    I agree with you. I think some people are just not suited for marriage. It works well for me but I have seen others that you just know it is a train wreck waiting to happen.
    I have a woman who works with me who is on husband number three since I have known her. Each one of them seems like a really nice man and she speaks highly of all of them she just seems to get bored with them and moves on.I don't get it.
    Regards,
    Mary

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    It appears that Melissa's ex still has an ex to grind.



    LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

    Tammy Lynn Michaels has taken to her blog to address her breakup with Melissa Etheridge – and ask her ex to stop saying the split was mutual.
    “Things can be a long time coming to one and smash the hell out of another,” she wrote on Thursday.

    While she did not use Melissa’s name in the blog post, which was written in poetry stanzas, the subject was clear.

    “I’d rather hear 10,000 fans screaming my name in worship than hear my wife harp on meabout my family intimacy issues too, you know?” she wrote. “You evolved, you needed to be happy- but really… you withdrew your hands from family and intimacy to pluck those [guitar] strings more.”

    Tammy didn’t stop there, adding that her ex’s latest disc was their breakup album.

    “I heard ‘Fearless [Love]’ and I got sick,” she wrote. “‘That’s your break up song with me,’ I said to you. You got so angry with me, remember? And stomped off.”
    The revelations were apparently instigated by an interview given by Melissa, in which the star said she wouldn’t censor Tammy’s blogging.

    “Thank you for telling an interviewer that you WON’T censor me on my blog,” Tammy wrote. “I did not go anywhere, honey. And you and I both know it. Please stop telling the press it was mutual.”
    Melissa said on “Oprah” in April that the separation had been “as mutual as those things can be.”

    The emotional blog concluded with the actress admitting she still had feelings for Melissa.

    “I still love that damn woman so much, I’m still trying to stop,” she concluded. “I had a dream last where honey and I were fighting and going to get a divorce, and I woke up sobbing…. then I realized. Oh. It’s true.”

    The pair announced their split in April. The former couple wed with a commitment ceremony in 2003, welcoming twins Johnnie Rose and Miller in 2006.
    Melissa has two children, Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11, from a previous relationship.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Here is the latest from People Magazine. I am surprised because I thought that Melissa would be generous.

    Melissa Etheridge went to court Friday to formally end her partnership with Tammy Lynn Michaels, seeking joint custody of their 3-year-old twins.

    In a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership filed in L.A. County Superior Court, the singer, 49, cited irreconcilable differences and asked that the court not award financial support to Michaels.

    Etheridge and Michaels, 35, who had registered as domestic partners in August 2005, ended their nearly nine-year relationship late last year. Michaels gave birth to son Miller and daughter Johnnie in 2006.

    After the pair announced their separation in April, Michaels blogged that the split was not mutual or amicable, despite Etheridge's claims to the contrary.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    478
    Why wouldn't ME want to give Tammy financial support? Tammy put her acting career on hold to have their twins (from what I understand).
    Martina Navratilova just shelled out $3 million to her former lover, and they didn't have any kids.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    Why wouldn't ME want to give Tammy financial support? Tammy put her acting career on hold to have their twins (from what I understand).
    Martina Navratilova just shelled out $3 million to her former lover, and they didn't have any kids.
    The joint custody also threw me because Tammy was complaining how she always had to kids and all Melissa wanted was adulation and going out on the road.

    The Martina thing in interesting because she always seems to get involved with these woman who are blackmailing her by telling things about her personal life.

    I got this from Perez Hilton.

    Nine-time Wimbledon champion Martina Navratilova is being blackmailed by her disgruntled ex-lover!

    Toni Layton, former girlfriend of the tennis champ is threatening to spill Navratilova's secrets to the media if the pro athlete doesn't up the dollar amount of Layton's post-breakup settlement!!

    "There are a lot of skeletons in Martina's closet. It is more like a storage facility full of them, and I know them all," Layton revealed to reporters.

    Ewwwwww. Such a twat!

    Layton and Navratilova were together for 8 years after Layton left her husband for the tennis superstar, but the couple parted ways a couple of years back "after a nasty fight outside their Florida home, during which‚?¶ Navratilova screamed: 'I want you out of my life!'"

    Yikes!

    Navratilova offered Layton $200,000 after their split but her ex wants more, more, more!!

    "Layton was offered a measly, flat $200,000 for eight long years of 24/7 work and support for the enrinchment and betterment of [a] multimillionaire athlete," Toni's lawyer Raymond Rafool stated on Monday.

    "The offer was an insult. Navratilova is using Florida's failure to recognize gay marriage to her advantage."

    Layton and her lawyer are making the claim that they're "standing up for gay rights" in the case of the settlement, but we disagree!!

    If they were truly standing up for gay rights, why would there be a need for blackmail???



    Read More: Martina Navratilova's Legal Troubles With Ex-Girlfriend! | PerezHilton.com http://perezhilton.com/2009-04-13-ma...#ixzz0scU3zN00
    Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    The joint custody also threw me because Tammy was complaining how she always had to kids and all Melissa wanted was adulation and going out on the road.

    The Martina thing in interesting because she always seems to get involved with these woman who are blackmailing her by telling things about her personal life.

    I got this from Perez Hilton.

    Nine-time Wimbledon champion Martina Navratilova is being blackmailed by her disgruntled ex-lover!

    Toni Layton, former girlfriend of the tennis champ is threatening to spill Navratilova's secrets to the media if the pro athlete doesn't up the dollar amount of Layton's post-breakup settlement!!

    "There are a lot of skeletons in Martina's closet. It is more like a storage facility full of them, and I know them all," Layton revealed to reporters.

    Ewwwwww. Such a twat!

    Layton and Navratilova were together for 8 years after Layton left her husband for the tennis superstar, but the couple parted ways a couple of years back "after a nasty fight outside their Florida home, during which… Navratilova screamed: 'I want you out of my life!'"

    Yikes!

    Navratilova offered Layton $200,000 after their split but her ex wants more, more, more!!

    "Layton was offered a measly, flat $200,000 for eight long years of 24/7 work and support for the enrinchment and betterment of [a] multimillionaire athlete," Toni's lawyer Raymond Rafool stated on Monday.

    "The offer was an insult. Navratilova is using Florida's failure to recognize gay marriage to her advantage."

    Layton and her lawyer are making the claim that they're "standing up for gay rights" in the case of the settlement, but we disagree!!

    If they were truly standing up for gay rights, why would there be a need for blackmail???



    Read More: Martina Navratilova's Legal Troubles With Ex-Girlfriend! | PerezHilton.com http://perezhilton.com/2009-04-13-ma...#ixzz0scU3zN00
    Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate
    Welll...there is a little more to that story than Perez mentioned.
    Navratilova is notorious for loving and dumping women...that does tend to piss people off. Martina ditched Toni for a Russian model nearly 20 years her junior. See below

    Martina Navratilova has been stepping out with her new love, former beauty queen Julia Lemigova. The former Wimbledon champion changes girlfriends more often than she changes rackets, each time trading up to a younger and prettier model. If she were a man we'd call her a cad.


    Read more: http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/debate...#ixzz0sckUUKod
    Last edited by Pat Bateman; 07-03-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: adding link

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    I love how candid Tammi is on her blog.

    http://hollywoodfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    I guess these people who promote gay marriage don't think about the financial part at the end.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,649
    Oh, yes we do.....
    peek-a-boo!!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Oh, yes we do.....
    My response was mainly to do with these people (anyone) who think they could have a long relationship with a person and see them through cancer and children and think they could just walk away.
    Why get married?
    Melissa and Martina both think (maybe initially) that they should not suffer major financial repercussions.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    Tammy was just another celebrity housewife that raised her children - had a hand in not only her own with her, but her first two as well. She's entitled to support just as much as any other celebrity housewife would be. Let's hope the law sees it that way, too. I think Melissa is an ass for walking away and denying the mother of her children anything.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,649
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    My response was mainly to do with these people (anyone) who think they could have a long relationship with a person and see them through cancer and children and think they could just walk away.
    Why get married?
    Melissa and Martina both think (maybe initially) that they should not suffer major financial repercussions.
    I agree totally. What upsets me is that she gives people like me who did marry their partner (in Canada because America doesn't want us yet) a bad name. She is the reason the right wing points and says..." see what THEY do?". I will never pay to see her in concert again. She obviously has issues.
    peek-a-boo!!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Olivenhain, California
    Posts
    3,456
    I believe it was ME who said she had difficulty with, "emotional intimacy." This will be pervasive and persistent ... unless she chooses to work on it therapeutically.

    (My gay bro has been in a relationship for 12 years, and I've listened to the pain he's felt over not having the right to marry in CA, or being discussed as if he doesn't lead a normal life).
    I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman ... Arnold Schwarzenegger

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,628
    It's odd to me, most of the gay people I know have been in relationships way longer than the straight people I know that have gotten married, and they're desperate to get married? Maybe when they CAN (like in my state) something fades or makes some sort of unattainable goal reachable, they realize, "Shit, I don't like this person after all." Which is ultimately why I think most straights divorce, it's just gays are so committed to the goal of being recognized that once they are, well, what then? Gay, straight, whatever, marriage is what it is, it's not easy. Hell, I'm married, and straight, and I wouldn't do it again. It's just the Britney Spears types that make a mockery of hetero marriage. Gays should have just the same chance to fuck it up as and realize it sucks as we all do.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Tammy was just another celebrity housewife that raised her children - had a hand in not only her own with her, but her first two as well. She's entitled to support just as much as any other celebrity housewife would be. Let's hope the law sees it that way, too. I think Melissa is an ass for walking away and denying the mother of her children anything.
    I agree with you. I hope things between Tammy and Melissa don't get any uglier, for the sake of their children.
    I like Tammy's blog, too. She is very forthright.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    The latest from PEOPLE.com


    The day after Melissa Etheridge filed to formally end her partnership with Tammy Lynn Michaels, her partner of nine years is striking back.

    Michaels, 35, who has two children with the singer, took to her blog Saturday to express her shock and dismay over Etheridge's filing.

    In a post titled "blindsiding," Michaels writes, "gentle waves / no noise for awhile / or maybe gentle voices and / SMACK!!!!!!!!!!!! / FILE FOR DIVORCE!!!!!! / even though we both promised / agreed / handshook / pinkyswore / no filing until after the tour / in the fall."

    But it seems her qualms about the end of the relationship extend beyond just the timing.

    "Her broken promises / told to me by/headlines / i'm raising the kids / doing what i can / second set of yours," Michaels writes.

    In Etheridge's filing, she cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split and asked that the court not award Michaels financial support. Michaels gave birth to the couple's son Miller and daughter Johnnie in 2006.

    "Could you stop blind sighting [sic] me?" she concludes. "Unless it's another art form you're working on / have a good concert."
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    THE SAGA CONTINUES.....


    Melissa Etheridge has left Tammy Lynn Michaels and the two children they have together high and dry ... this according to Tammy’s lawyer Steven Knowles. But Melissa says Tammy is delusional.



    Knowles tells TMZ Tammy has a grand total of $4 to her name ... adding, "Melissa has not been treating Tammy or the children as if they are a wife and children, financially and otherwise."

    Knowles says Melissa has not given Tammy or the kids a penny since the breakup … and she is now destitute.

    TMZ broke the story, Melissa filed for dissolution of her domestic partnership with Tammy last week.

    On Tuesday, Tammy filed her own legal docs … but she is asking for a dissolution of marriage. According to Knowles, even though Tammy and Melissa were not legally married in California, “They were married in their own eyes and in the eyes of the world … and Melissa was the first to say they were, in fact, married.”

    BTW – Tammy is asking for spousal support – something she can't get if she is not “married.”

    As we first told you, Melissa wants joint custody … but Tammy is asking for full legal and physical custody.

    Knowles tells us Melissa can't possibly be a participant in the custody agreement because her schedule makes it impossible to be a meaningful parent.

    Melissa's lawyer, Neal Hersh, tells TMZ, "Melissa is paying all of Tammy's expenses, which totals tens of thousands of dollars per month."

    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/08/tammy-...#ixzz0tBdm8tR1
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,445
    good luck with that melissa. i saw her on joy behar last week and she is not a pleasant person. i think she is a serial philanderer.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Who Really Cares
    Posts
    1,995
    I bet cats attack her fingers
    A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the
    road. H.W. Beecher

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    good luck with that Melissa. i saw her on joy behar last week and she is not a pleasant person. i think she is a serial philanderer.
    I think you are right and I would add narcissist to that as well and they come in gay straight, male female and in between.
    I am sure there is a long line of women who are sure they " can understand her and are a better fit for her". It shows her lack of character that she can't honor her vows and pretty freely admits it isn't anything her wife has done wrong but rather how her illness helped her "change and grow".
    Blatant generality here but celebrities and plenty of straight people get married and divorced like one would trade in cars. I think it would be wrong and factually incorrect to make it a "see gay people can't commit to marriage" thing.
    My wife and I were together 12 years before we were married and we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary as a couple and third wedding anniversary in December. I was in a 12 year relationship before her with another woman and we couldn't make a go of it. Neither of us were bad people we just could not make it work. I know straight couples that divorce and everyone says "Wow they seemed like such a great couple."
    People are people. I think Melissa is suited for serial monogamy but not one life's partner the only thing I really have an issue with is her need to drag kid's into each partnership. Again that is not just a gay thing but it is universally irresponsible and selfish.
    Just my opinion.
    Regards,
    Mary

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,222
    Agree with Mary above completely and totally.

    There are plenty of men out there who, for whatever reason, don't feel they should pay child support when they leave the wife. This isn't a gay/straight issue. This is an a**hole issue - and they come in all sexes.

    I will say that if she is looking for joint custody - as in 50 - 50 split, I don't think Melissa would owe any child support. As long as they're each paying for 50% of the time (and splitting things like school tuition, karate classes, etc). HOWEVER - I think when a couple with children split, the children should get the home and the parents should have to move back and forth every visiting time. It's not the kid's fault with a divorce, why should they have to be shuffled around?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    I think you are right and I would add narcissist to that as well and they come in gay straight, male female and in between.
    I am sure there is a long line of women who are sure they " can understand her and are a better fit for her". It shows her lack of character that she can't honor her vows and pretty freely admits it isn't anything her wife has done wrong but rather how her illness helped her "change and grow".
    Blatant generality here but celebrities and plenty of straight people get married and divorced like one would trade in cars. I think it would be wrong and factually incorrect to make it a "see gay people can't commit to marriage" thing.
    My wife and I were together 12 years before we were married and we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary as a couple and third wedding anniversary in December. I was in a 12 year relationship before her with another woman and we couldn't make a go of it. Neither of us were bad people we just could not make it work. I know straight couples that divorce and everyone says "Wow they seemed like such a great couple."
    People are people. I think Melissa is suited for serial monogamy but not one life's partner the only thing I really have an issue with is her need to drag kid's into each partnership. Again that is not just a gay thing but it is universally irresponsible and selfish.
    Just my opinion.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Well said, Mary. I used to like Melissa a lot - now she is starting to remind me of Martina, who also mistreats the women in her life.

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    I couldn't believe this one. Melissa gives Tammy $2,000 a month when Melissa is worth millions? $2,000 is a drop in the ocean. Everything is so expense these days.


    Has Melissa Etheridge left her ex and their twins broke?

    That’s what Tammy Etheridge’s attorney claimed in an L.A. courtroom on Monday – but Melissa’s lawyer says that’s not the case.

    "[Tammy] is being completely supported by Melissa and has been since they separated," Melissa’s attorney Neal Hersh told PEOPLE after appearing at a hearing. "She’s being well-provided for and then some, as are the children, which are Melissa’s first priority."

    The singer has been giving the former Tammy Lynn Michaels $2,000 a month and pays household bills including utilities and a car lease, the lawyer says.

    Tammy’s attorney Steven Knowles acknowledges, "Melissa is paying various sundry expenses," but says that Tammy, 35, and their 3-year-old twins, Johnnie and Miller, are "destitute." Knowles adds, "It doesn’t put money in her wallet. Literally she has no cash."

    Knowles also claims Tammy’s credit card has been declined when she’s tried to purchase groceries and clothing for their children, something Hersh says is, if true, "a one-off situation."

    Melissa, 49, and Tammy, 35, split late last year after nearly nine years together. Melissa is seeking joint custody of their twins, while Tammy is seeking full custody.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CA USA
    Posts
    2,282
    Just sad all the way around really. I have a gay sibling, and for the life of her, she can't keep her crap straight. While I love her dearly, she just needs to grow up. She's all of 30, in her 2nd relationship, owes my mom and I some serious money, messed up my credit (nevermind part of that is because I'm too damn helpful, and I need to not be so helpful 99% of the time), and owes me a laptop. She's done what she's done without a care in the world whom she has to hurt/ruin to support her. She has a job, but seems to think she has more money than she really does, and no reliable means of transportation of her own than anyone knows of.

    I hope this whole thing with Melissa and Tammy gets resolved and soon. Especially for the kids' sake.
    You call me a bitch like it's a bad thing...I may be a bitch, but I am NOT YOUR bitch...I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch...

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Midwest
    Posts
    1,873
    If Tammy quit working so she could carry the babies and take care of them as the main parent while Melissa was off for long periods of time touring and this was something they agreed upon, then yes, Melissa owes her some sort of compensation to help her get back on her feet.....IMHO....

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On this forum, obviously!
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    If Tammy quit working so she could carry the babies and take care of them as the main parent while Melissa was off for long periods of time touring and this was something they agreed upon, then yes, Melissa owes her some sort of compensation to help her get back on her feet.....IMHO....
    Agreed. However, since Melissa was a big star BEFORE Tammy, I would say half would be a bit much.

    Lemme see - Melissa is paying all household expenses AND give her $2000.00 a month? And Tammy's bitching? Sorry, folks, but I know A LOT of people that feed 3 and 4 kids on much less than that. I'm finding it really hard to feel sorry for Tammy right now.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Agreed. However, since Melissa was a big star BEFORE Tammy, I would say half would be a bit much.

    Lemme see - Melissa is paying all household expenses AND give her $2000.00 a month? And Tammy's bitching? Sorry, folks, but I know A LOT of people that feed 3 and 4 kids on much less than that. I'm finding it really hard to feel sorry for Tammy right now.
    I think that like any wife, Tammy got used to a certain standard of living. Things like 1st class travel and hotel rooms.
    Look at Johnny Carson's wives.
    Anyway, Melissa concerts and album are not what they once were.
    I am sure that Melissa is going into this knowing that her earning power has declined.
    I heard the Melissa even trashed Tammy from the stage.
    You got to understand how much it cost to live in California.
    If they were really married, is one thing. Tammy would get more.
    Melissa is thinking only about Melissa.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NY Long Island
    Posts
    4,696
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    I think that like any wife, Tammy got used to a certain standard of living. Things like 1st class travel and hotel rooms.
    Look at Johnny Carson's wives.
    Anyway, Melissa concerts and album are not what they once were.
    I am sure that Melissa is going into this knowing that her earning power has declined.
    I heard the Melissa even trashed Tammy from the stage.
    You got to understand how much it cost to live in California.
    If they were really married, is one thing. Tammy would get more.
    Melissa is thinking only about Melissa.
    I think Melissa may be in for a surprise. Even if they are not legally married there are still implied contract laws that apply. Remember California is the land where the term "palimony" came into usage and law.
    I don't know how other married couples on the forum are but all my wife and my assets are commingled after 15 years. I am the primary breadwinner but every penny and inch of the property is "ours" and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    My model was my parents and they handled money and property the same way.Everything was theirs good or bad busted or flush.
    Melissa should not "play" at marriage unless she is prepared to accept the consequences.
    Regards,
    Mary

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,385
    I expect her to end up getting more than this, but I don't think she will get half by any means. I believe she did quit her job to be a housewife.

    Wasn't it Lee Marvin's gal that started the Palimony lawsuits?


  50. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Midwest
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    I expect her to end up getting more than this, but I don't think she will get half by any means. I believe she did quit her job to be a housewife.

    Wasn't it Lee Marvin's gal that started the Palimony lawsuits?
    Yes! Michele Triola Marvin (Lee's common law wife) who later lived with Dick Van Dyke after his last divorce.....it was a major deal back in the 70's.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •