Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicholas Cage

imadeathhag Guest

Nicholas Cage

This guy will never learn his lesson.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/a-line/ni...yramid/462/?nc

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    I agree he is weird to be kind. I read or heard once that he had he had his back teeth pulled to slim his face for some reason. He married Lisa Marie Presley because he was a big Elvis fan.

dcg76 Guest
    The boy is just batshit crazy.

Buys castles, spends his money frivolously, went bankrupt, now a pyramid?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenly Tiger View Post
    I agree he is weird to be kind. I read or heard once that he had he had his back teeth pulled to slim his face for some reason. He married Lisa Marie Presley because he was a big Elvis fan.
    He wanted Elvis's catalog.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

dcg76 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    He wanted Elvis's catalog.
    Really?

He also named his kid Kal-El (Superman's Kryptonian name, and why he chose it)

Sam Guest
    I think he's fantastic!
    I hate to hear of all his financial problems, and I hope he can find a way out. He's talented, good looking, and likable.
    His biggest mistake was marrying Lisa Marie Presley!
    She's become a fat hog just like her father, and will probably die at a young age, unless Scientology can save her!

PurrPurr Guest
    I read about that earlier today. All I can say is the guy is nuttier than a squirrel's shit.

I loved him in Valley Girl, with his old teefs and his chest hair shaved into that bird-in-flight shape. He's a good actor, but does some weird shit in his personal life. I am sure if I were famous, my fans would have something to say about me being on this forum. However, since I have chosen private death haggery over fame & fortune, I should be safe.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    What has happened to his face? Is it the surgery, the wig, or just bad times? He doesn't even really look like himself any longer. And that hang-dog, constipated expression he wears constantly in every single damn film...not flattering.
    I used to like him a lot, but his films now are simply awful.

This reminds me of those folks in the 80's who'd build little pyramids with crystals on top and then place them at the head of their beds because it was supposed to grant them wishes: http://www.powerpyramids.com/

Get your Holy Hand Grenade today!

Mock not. It bloweth you upeth.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

slw Guest
    I have never seen his appeal. He's not handsome and has chicklet teeth! I don't even find him manly!!

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slw View Post
    I have never seen his appeal. He's not handsome and has chicklet teeth! I don't even find him manly!!
    I agree. I only like a small handful of his movies. I liked Lord of War and World Trade Center and National Treasure 1 & 2. Other then that he isn't that great!

I like Nick
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post

Mock not. It bloweth you upeth.
    LOL Looks bouncy!

Kimmell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by imadeathhag View Post
    This guy will never learn his lesson.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/a-line/ni...yramid/462/?nc
    Nick seems to be one of these stars who be washed out soon, and appearing on one of these celebrity reality shows.
    He does get some great roles, but as the show, "Access Hollwood" put it, Nick has become a less favorite with the audience.

Nelliebean Guest
    He's attractive in his own way.

I first saw him in "Birdy" back in 1984.

He was overacting back then but it was still entertaining.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I've always liked him but I could not believe how bad he was in Wickerman.
    It was the worst.

candleinthewind Guest
    His wife is supposedly a big time gold digger who spends his money like it's water. That's why he'll take any role he can get and is doing it just for the money now.

I liked him in Raising Arizona.

jaylene Guest
    I always thought he was a good actor. For a while
    I made sure to watch every movie he did cause the
    roles he was doing were good. I hope he will be one
    of them that comes back in a big way so he can buy
    land on the Moon or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    LOL Looks bouncy!

I like things that are bouncy. Sorry for the wording but I had mashed a finger and was typing with a lisp.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I love Con Air because of its craptacular cavalcade of stars, but Nic, with his grody hair and cheesy Southern accent, makes it just that much more over the top!

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzzld Kat View Post
    I agree. I only like a small handful of his movies. I liked Lord of War and World Trade Center and National Treasure 1 & 2. Other then that he isn't that great!
    How can you not love Moonstruck and Raising Arizona??? he is like John Malkovich in that he seems to get physically larger or smaller depending on the role.
    As bad as it was was I just loved Ghostrider with the female lead popping out of every too tight blouse while trying to utter serious lines and Sam Elliot riding his ghost horse snorting fire. Too cool and cheesy!
    Regards,
    Mary

I loved Raising Arizona! He was good in that, as well as that one about a conman? I think it was called Matchstick Men. It suited his personality.
    God loves Canada - Land of the Sodomites!

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    How can you not love Moonstruck and Raising Arizona??? he is like John Malkovich in that he seems to get physically larger or smaller depending on the role.
    As bad as it was was I just loved Ghostrider with the female lead popping out of every too tight blouse while trying to utter serious lines and Sam Elliot riding his ghost horse snorting fire. Too cool and cheesy!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    I loved Raising Arizona! He was good in that, as well as that one about a conman? I think it was called Matchstick Men. It suited his personality.
    The Gas Station robbery scene in Raising Arizona is a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Regards,
    Mary
    Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    The Gas Station robbery scene in Raising Arizona is a classic.
    How could I forget those two?!?! My coworker and I love to quote this scene in Moonstruck about Nic-

Rose: Do you love him, Loretta?
    Loretta Castorini: Aw, ma, I love him awful.
    Rose: Oh, God, that's too bad.

And for Inked Daddy, the gas station....

H.I.: Wake up, Son.
    [aims gun at the clerk]
    H.I.: I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got.
    Ed McDonnough: [sees H.I. from the car] That son' bitch. That son of a bitch! You son of a bitch!
    H.I.: Better hurry it up, I'm in dutch with the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I liked him in Raising Arizona.
    Me too, he was great in 8mm as well.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Fujicakes Guest
    He was pretty awesome in Kick-Ass too, though my favorite of his is Con Air.

Fujicakes Guest

John carpenter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I think he's fantastic!
    I hate to hear of all his financial problems, and I hope he can find a way out. He's talented, good looking, and likable.
    His biggest mistake was marrying Lisa Marie Presley!
    She's become a fat hog just like her father, and will probably die at a young age, unless Scientology can save her!
    Sam, Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one or is one. Yes, i'm an Elvis fan. The only thing nick had good going for him is Marrying Lisa Marie I.M.O.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Jaxxx Guest
    I love Bat shit crazy people, so I love him............he's was cool in Peggy Sue

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

DonnaMc Guest
    Actor Nicholas Cage, a lifelong Elvis fanatic, managed the impossible by using the unique approach of marrying Lisa Marie Presley, Elvis' daughter. His secret visit took place during the week of the 25th Anniversary of Elvis' death, at which time it is said he sat on the King's "throne", assumed the prone posture in which Elvis died, laid on the singer's bed and tried on a leather jacket. Many celebrities have requested private tours but all have been declined. Even President Clinton was refused.

I thought this was SO funny!

Mammy Guest
    I haven't seen him in any good movies in years, but I loved "Raising Arizona" and "Peggy Sue Got Married" is one of my favorite movies ever. He just seems kinda nutty lately.

DonnaMc Guest
    Mammy - I haven't liked him since "Leaving Las Vegas." I always picture him as that character now. That was a DARK movie to me. I liked him in 8mm - have you seen that one?

I'm sorry but I agree with the person who said he over acts, except I believe he over acts in everything. In most movies with other actors, I can forget the actor and believe/see the character, but with Nic Cage I only see Nic Cage. However, that doesn't stop me from watching a lot of his movies. I know I'm wishy washy like that.

radiojane Guest
    I love Nicholas Cage, even though he plays nothing but Nicholas Cage. Last thing I saw him in was that Sorcerer's Apprentice. My boyfriend was over the moon for that movie because they talked so much about phyisics. Me, I went to laugh at Nic Cage.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Anyone remember "Valley Girl"? That was the last movie I liked him in.

Mammy Guest
    DonnaMc,
    I haven't seen either one of those movies. Most of the movies that I like are old. I haven't been to a theater since "The Nutty Professor" came out! I don't get out much...

Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    DonnaMc,
    I haven't seen either one of those movies. Most of the movies that I like are old. I haven't been to a theater since "The Nutty Professor" came out! I don't get out much...

Which one, Jerry Lewis or Eddie Murphy?

Mammy Guest
    At the risk of looking like a complete idiot, I didn't know there was a version other than Eddie Murphy's. Be gentle!

At the risk of looking like a complete idiot, I didn't know there was a version other than Eddie Murphy's. Be gentle!
    The Simpson's Professor Frink is based on Jerry Lewis' Nutty Professor.

Ha! You be gentle, I am the elderly person.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    Anyone remember "Valley Girl"? That was the last movie I liked him in.
    I saw Valley Girl, but I don't remember him. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I saw Valley Girl, but I don't remember him. Lol.
    He was the hairy Greek punk rock rocker with the eagle shaved out of chest hair.

Flynna Guest
    The older he gets or the older I get the more intrigued I have become with him. I think I just appreciate quirky more now. He's turned into my dirty little secret like.

Loved Sorcerer's Apprentice. He made me laugh and that is always a hook.

Mammy Guest
    Does anyone here remember a movie that he was in called "Daddy's Dyin Who's Got The Will?" He played a hippy named Harmony Grabowski. It was a really funny movie that came out in the 80's, I think. He was good in that movie.

AllyTheHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Mammy - I haven't liked him since "Leaving Las Vegas." I always picture him as that character now. That was a DARK movie to me. I liked him in 8mm - have you seen that one?
    Oddly enough, I haven't seen Leaving Las Vegas, but I loved him in 8mm (with Joaquin Phoenix=twice the love!).

I guess I didn't realize how many of Cage's movies I like until I read this thread and thought about it. One I like that no one has mentioned yet is Bringing Out the Dead, and I looooved him in The Rock with Sean Connery!

Yeah, the guy is weird, but I like weird.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Police recover $1M Superman comic stolen from Nicolas Cage

Police recover £1m Superman comic book stolen from Nicolas Cage ten years ago

A rare comic book that was stolen from actor Nicolas Cage over a decade ago has been found in a disused storage locker. The 1938 comic book, Action Comics #1, was stolen from the actor's West Los Angeles home in 2000 and has an estimated value of $1 million. The comic features the debut of Superman and is widely regarded as one of the most important comic books ever published. The stolen copy was discovered in a storage locker in the San Fernando Valley that had been bought at an auction.
    The man, who was not identified, bought the storage unit in an auction through Riverside-based American Auctioneers. New York dealer Stephen Fishler, who sold the copy to Cage, was able to identify it as the original.
    Cage, 47, was an avid collector of comic books until the theft at his home. He was said to be so upset at the loss of three comics that he gave up collecting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...years-ago.html#