Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Susan Powell - missing Utah woman

havoc Guest
    JHC....now his sister is saying he was the victim.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell...ry?id=15545887

She's not going to make any friends over this........

I'm a Death Hag through and through, but this one is getting to me for some reason.

AliciaC Guest
    I saw that this morning. I kept thinking "He's gone, you don't have to protect him anymore!"

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post

I'm a Death Hag through and through, but this one is getting to me for some reason.

'"I think he must have just felt that there was only one way left for him to protect his sons, from the pain, from all the emotional and physical pain they've been experiencing," Alina Powell said. '

yeah, taking a hatchet to their necks and blowing them up?!
    how do people like this function and breathe the same air as us. seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    I can't help but to feel some sympathy for Alina Powell. She seemed to have a close relationship with Josh and she is one of the people he left a voicemail for before he started the fire. It has been less than a week since the tragedy and I'm sure she is trying to wrap her mind around what happened and it is painful to her to hear people saying such bad things about the brother she loves and has lost. I don't agree with her opinions at all and her mind will likely change about some things over time, but I do feel some pity for the sister and definitely feel that Josh was no victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I don't think it would have matter if they arrived in 5 minutes. The only chance those kids would have had is if the cop drove them to the house personally instead of the social worker.
    I totally agree with you on this one. Even if the cops had gotten there within minutes POS Powell had his plan in motion as soon as he shut the door. A "stand-off" would not have made him change his mind and for that matter we don't know how soon he used the hatchett once the kids were in the house. That is sad to think about, but true.
    My Posse's On Broadway

kmgt Guest
    With all the crazy (and that's a tame word at this point) in that family, I woudn't be surprised if sister Powell was sexually abused for years by Daddy and Brother Powell. She's probably brainwashed.

**My first post on the site!

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    I'm brand new to the site but this is the first thread I zeroed in on...this whole thing is so tragic. Twisted, sick narcissist. I wish he had spared his children and taken his dad with him instead.
    For someone who's brand new, I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment!!! Welcome, and keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I don't think it would have matter if they arrived in 5 minutes. The only chance those kids would have had is if the cop drove them to the house personally instead of the social worker.
    I agree. Powell probably started his sick rampage within seconds of shutting the door. But the 20 minute response time seemed way too long considering the social worker said she feared for the boys lives. I've seen faster response times for fender benders with no injuries.
    Cindy

Yeah, the response time was terrible. Reading the 9-11 call transcript was almost like a "who's on first" comedy routine.

1karenhb Guest
    Dr. Phil is doing a special show tomorrow on this with Susan's parents and others. Not the show that was originally scheduled.

I don't even pretend to understand this in the least.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/west...est-pow/nHYhF/

what the hell this has to do with those westoboro morons, I don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kmgt View Post
    With all the crazy (and that's a tame word at this point) in that family, I woudn't be surprised if sister Powell was sexually abused for years by Daddy and Brother Powell. She's probably brainwashed.

**My first post on the site!
    That's very likely. Nice job, new kid.

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    I don't even pretend to understand this in the least.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/west...est-pow/nHYhF/

what the hell this has to do with those westoboro morons, I don't know.
    Looks like they are going to show up at the boy's funeral. For the publicity.

Seriously, someone needs to eradicate this entire sect from the planet.

Amen.
    Cindy

Hi, I'm a long time lurker, but rare poster. I've watched this case since it began two years ago.

I live in southern Utah, and we get the Salt Lake City news as 'local' news. As if things couldn't get any more disgusting last night they said the social worker heard Josh tell the older boy he had 'a big surprise for him' then she heard the little boy crying.

They also said that the West Valley Police found a 'cartoon image' of a parent having sex with a child on Josh's computer and reported it to Washington. That's what triggered the psycho-sexual test requested by the judge. What does it take for someone to put these assholes in a deep dark hole and keep them away from their kids, or should I say victims?

The Salt Lake Fox's website has lots of info on the case: http://www.fox13now.com/news/thesearchforsusanpowell/

Giada Guest
    Thank you for the link Pixie. Unfortunately, oftentimes it takes an incident like this to create a change in policy. I understand at this point Steven Powell, Josh's father, is now a, "person of interest," in Susan's death.

I'll hope they find the ways and means in which to keep him in prison.

Poor social worker speaks about douchebag- He told sons he had a surprise for them. Sick bastard.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell...ry?id=15549745

Sheriff unhappy with dispatcher: Ya think?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...n-powell-fire/

The only thing I can hope/pray for is that the boys are now with their mother instead of all those psychos.

DonnaMc Guest
    I saw there was going to be a special tonight on 20/20 at 9:00 EST called "Sins of the Father" about the Powell investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    I saw there was going to be a special tonight on 20/20 at 9:00 EST called "Sins of the Father" about the Powell investigation.
    Thanks, I'm gonna have to catch that shit storm. I'll get a puke bag for the segments- "Oh, my brother was a victim." & "Susan was coming on to me."

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Well, Thank God for one thing - that nasty group of hatemongers is NOT going to show up at the funeral. Someone gave them some airtime so they could say their piece on the air, and they agreed in return to leave the family alone and let the funeral be conducted with dignity.

I wish that group would come to my house. I'll let them yell, scream anything they desire...as long as they can dodge the bullets.

I just saw this on Yahoo news. Police found traces of blood on a blue/grey/pink comforter in a storage unit rented by Powell (Josh), and they plan to do testing plus more investigating.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    I wish that group would come to my house. I'll let them yell, scream anything they desire...as long as they can dodge the bullets.
    Maybe next time they ask themselves, "What would Jesus do?" they can come up with something better than pestering people at funerals and generally behaving like festering a**holes...

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    I just saw this on Yahoo news. Police found traces of blood on a blue/grey/pink comforter in a storage unit rented by Powell (Josh), and they plan to do testing plus more investigating.
    Shit. They just decided to look in the storage unit now? Good Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by BarefootOkieGal View Post
    Maybe next time they ask themselves, "What would Jesus do?" they can come up with something better than pestering people at funerals and generally behaving like festering a**holes...
    Exactly. Thou shall not picket childrens' funerals nor shall I be a complete douche. Amen.

Where are those Nike wearing cult people when ya need 'em? Couldn't that group all get together like they did a make a really BIG statement to the world?

DonnaMc Guest
    Dateline NBC also is doing a special on the same subject.

PurrPurr Guest
    Sheriff unhappy with dispatcher: Ya think?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...n-powell-fire/
    If I were the sheriff, a size 7 foot would've been planted in that dispatcher's arse.

Dateline NBC also is doing a special on the same subject.
    well jeez louise. I can't watch both. any suggestions which might be better? I'm not so familiar with 20/20.

DonnaMc Guest
    Well, 20/20 comes on at 8:00 here and Dateline comes on at 9:00 - So I'll try to watch both. It may be the same where you are with the time differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    well jeez louise. I can't watch both. any suggestions which might be better? I'm not so familiar with 20/20.
    Well, 20/20 comes on at 8:00 here and Dateline comes on at 9:00 - So I'll try to watch both. It may be the same where you are with the time differences.
    What to do, what to do......they are both on at the same time here in Houston. I'll probably take a look at Dateline first and then see what 20/20 is doing with the story and who is reporting for ABC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Auntie Alina's statement of protest against the Westboro whackos is as wrong-headed as anything they have done so far; she's still on the kick that her unspeakable deceased Bro was the target of unjust accusations, with the tragic little boys being used as "weapons to ferret out a 'guilty' man."

While I do think the maternal grandparents should have been more discreet if the children actually were remembering details about their mother's murder (since it's possible their stories might have been considered tainted by the grandparents' interference and not useful for testimony, anyway) Sorry, Alina, there was NO JUSTIFICATION WHATSOEVER for what Josh did, even if (and this is reaching, I know) it happened he really DIDN'T do anything to Susan.

I have an idea for a deal, someone handcuff her to a tree for the West-Boogies to yell anti-gay slurs at for hours, and they leave the rest of the REAL mourners alone. I mean, if she REALLY loved her nephews, it's the LEAST she could do.

Holy crap. I got lost on another thread for awhile..Any "riveting" new news on either show? Other than he's still frying in hell?

Holy crap. I got lost on another thread for awhile..Any "riveting" new news on either show? Other than he's still frying in hell?
    Just more and more details about THE ASSHOLE.....I don't know why she EVER married him in the first place.....he was "too busy" to take her to the hospital when she went into labor and when he did get there, sat in the room playing on his computer. He's even MORE of an ASSHOLE than I thought if that's even possible. Bless Susan, Charlie and Braden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

They are on at the same time here too but I recorded them both. If anyone on the west coast is trying to decide, Dateline has an exclusive with the social worker who dropped them off, 20/20 talks to her husband, on the phone, I think. The Dateline is not completely about this case, it's called Sins of the Father and is also reporting on the daughter of Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. The 20/20 covers this story the whole hour.

Someone came up with a GREAT idea on the MSNBC comments on the whole WBC mess--Occupy WBC! Really--keep it all strictly legal, stay off the actual property and just as far away as the law requires the WBC to be during their "protests", pitch a camp and stay put for a while. Make friends w/all the non-batsh*t locals, let them know that you're on their side...start up w/some hardcore-but-amusing street theater, maybe have a mass GLBT handfasting ceremony (queer AND pagan for the win!)--I'm sure that if people put their minds to it, it could be quite entertaining. We ARE the 99.99% of decent human beings, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    They are on at the same time here too but I recorded them both. If anyone on the west coast is trying to decide, Dateline has an exclusive with the social worker who dropped them off, 20/20 talks to her husband, on the phone, I think. The Dateline is not completely about this case, it's called Sins of the Father and is also reporting on the daughter of Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. The 20/20 covers this story the whole hour.
    How weird....there was nothing on the Dateline I just saw except coverage of the Powells......nothing about Sammy Gravano's daughter. Thanks for the 20/20 info....I'll see if I can watch it online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Just more and more details about THE ASSHOLE.....I don't know why she EVER married him in the first place.....he was "too busy" to take her to the hospital when she went into labor and when he did get there, sat in the room playing on his computer. He's even MORE of an ASSHOLE than I thought if that's even possible. Bless Susan, Charlie and Braden.
    Thanks Cyn. I wonder why too... Where did it all go so wrong? Well at least they are all together & Satan spawn is somewhere else. They are finally rid of him/it.

CORONERGAL Guest
    Oh man. Just finished watching Dateline. Am still in tears over the whole story. And while I was the first to yell "Fire that dispatcher!!" for not sending someone sooner, I have some sympathy. Just a bit. He HAD to know who Fucktard was, after the gal gave his name. Unless you're living under a rock you know who the shitstain is. As a former dispatcher, you send LE out no matter what, especially if it involves kids. I felt for him after he admitted he stumbled over his words, not asking the right questions.

So now they find a blood-stained comforter in Susans' storage shed. Gee, they search it NOW??? And the sister is clearly dillusional. I agree with whomever said she was probably touched by her daddy. Explains the denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    How weird....there was nothing on the Dateline I just saw except coverage of the Powells......nothing about Sammy Gravano's daughter. Thanks for the 20/20 info....I'll see if I can watch it online.
    Really?? That is so strange?? The one that was on here had at least 20 minutes on about her. She has a reality show, she showed some art from her father, said her father doesn't like her swearing so much on her show, etc... very strange.

OOOOHH, oops, shoot. hahaha I got the shows messed up. I started out watching Dateline but then started watching the recording of 20/20. I had them backwards. 20/20 is the one that had the Gravano girl on after the Powell story. Man oh man. I totally forgot about switching off Dateline to watch it later. So Dateline interviews the dispatcher, 20/20 had the social worker on. Sorry for being a idiot.

Town Without Pity Guest
    This story has been the talk of my family as my sister lives in the same town in Utah where Susan came up missing and my home town is Puyallup, where they moved to and he blew the house up....so we have been burning up the phone lines about what they are seeing in their towns....Today they had the funeral service for the boys, my Mom said that they showed the service on TV and they kept the media out pretty much, showed no protesters that planned on having a rally there, so no attention to them. She said is was a beautiful service and she said so sad because it was children. As awful as it sounds, I asked her if she had driven past the house as Puyallup is not that big...she said she tried to but they had traffic jams around there and were blocking people off when she went past....I told her if she does and they have a mailbox please take a photo....lol...I told her don't ask why.....but, it would surprise me if there is a mailbox left as they didn't live in the rurel area of town that it looked to me so they probably had the mailbox on the house....but we'll see.

I did watch 20/20 last night and taped the other show to watch today....although I was raging against the DHS people before as I do work with them being a foster parent and couldn't understand why she wasn't with the boys and still do no not understand why they were doing the visits at the house but I did feel sorry for the case worker. I'm sure it will be something that will haunt her the rest of her life.
    It did sound like his sister realized he was guilty and knew what happened to Susan. I feel bad for her, I hope they don't bug her about it, it's not for her to pay for her brothers sins. I had heard there was family members of him defending him, I have not seen or read any of that so I dont know. Puyallup is a small town and I'm sure this will haunt them all for along time. Next visit up I will be taking flowers to the house and get some photos although I would imagine it will be cleaned up by that time.

Djen Guest
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ges/53036906/1

Apparently they found a blood-stained comforter in his storage unit. He was in the storage unit a day before the explosion, so it's not like couldn't have gotten rid of it if he'd wanted. I wonder if it's from the night his wife was murdered?

Also, they found some "incestuous" images in his stuff (Josh, not the dad we all knew was a Perv!)

This story just tears out my heart.

DonnaMc Guest
    It just keeps getting worse!

anhell.moon Guest
    I can't believe this happened, I learned about Susan's dissapearence like maybe 2 months ago, and back then I thought her husband was the only one responsible for that, and now I just found out this happened a week ago, and I recognized the case, I can't believe that son of a bitch killed his kids, but at least I hope they are reunited with their mother again, and that bastard is rotting in hell.

Mammy Guest
    It is hard to wrap your mind around, anhell.moon, that's for sure. The man was the number one suspect in the disappearance (and no doubt murder if she is ever found) of his wife, he was a control freak, his computer had images of incest on it, people who knew him well knew he was unstable, and he was court ordered to undergo psycho-sexual evaluation. Why was he even allowed visitation at all and especially in his own home where he could easily have access to weapons or a plan to set in motion to grab his kids quickly, lock out the social worker, and fire bomb the house? He shouldn't have been allowed around those little boys at all until his evaluations had been done and he was cleared. The Coxs feared he would harm the boys to gain control and spite them and tried to tell the authorities. I'm sure the authorities believe the Coxs now.

I won't give Auntie Alina a pass.
    It's pretty obvious that if someone is capable of doing such a horrible act to his own offspring, then the question of whether he was also capable of killing his wife and did so, is kind of a no-brainer.
    Is she sticking up for her Dirty Daddy as well?
    BTW, something that has been bugging me, I hope they're not going to bury whatever is left of Josh Powell anywhere near those boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    It is hard to wrap your mind around, anhell.moon, that's for sure. The man was the number one suspect in the disappearance (and no doubt murder if she is ever found) of his wife, he was a control freak, his computer had images of incest on it, people who knew him well knew he was unstable, and he was court ordered to undergo psycho-sexual evaluation. Why was he even allowed visitation at all and especially in his own home where he could easily have access to weapons or a plan to set in motion to grab his kids quickly, lock out the social worker, and fire bomb the house? He shouldn't have been allowed around those little boys at all until his evaluations had been done and he was cleared. The Coxs feared he would harm the boys to gain control and spite them and tried to tell the authorities. I'm sure the authorities believe the Coxs now.
    Hell to the Yes - perfect wrap up!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Giada Guest
    The entire Powell family appears to be missing both the sympathy and empathy genes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...m-utah-burial/

SEATTLE — Josh Powell's surviving relatives want him buried at the same cemetery as the two sons he murdered.
    The city manager in Puyallup (pyoo-AL'-up), Ralph Dannenberg, tells The Associated Press that Powell's relatives visited the public Woodbine Cemetery and selected a plot about 25 feet from the boys. They haven't paid for it yet, and Dannenberg says any sale will be put on hold because the parents of Powell's missing wife have threatened legal action.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    The entire Powell family appears to be missing both the sympathy and empathy genes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...m-utah-burial/

SEATTLE — Josh Powell's surviving relatives want him buried at the same cemetery as the two sons he murdered.
    The city manager in Puyallup (pyoo-AL'-up), Ralph Dannenberg, tells The Associated Press that Powell's relatives visited the public Woodbine Cemetery and selected a plot about 25 feet from the boys. They haven't paid for it yet, and Dannenberg says any sale will be put on hold because the parents of Powell's missing wife have threatened legal action.
    So are they going to be buried around the Puyallup area or back in Utah? And no offense but the news pronounced it wrong...we say "Pew-al-up"...lol. Sorry, lived there to many years and heard it said so many ways..
    Opps, dumb question I read the story....Utah is the answer...I wonder actually what kind of legal action they could take. Of course I don't think he should be no where near those boys plot. Any thoughts on that? I'm not a lawyer..
    lol
    Last edited by Town Without Pity; 02-15-2012 at 12:12 PM.

They are truly insane. Note to the Powells: do yourselves a favor & bury him nowhere. People are outraged, and his remains are safe nowhere.

Mammy Guest
    Considering he already did most of the work, why not cremate him? Wanting to bury him close to the boys seems like just another way to antagonize the Coxs. I don't blame the Coxs for not wanting him around the graves of the children he murdered. I'm sure the Powells will be fighting them every step of the way like Chris Coleman's family is fighting the family of the wife he murdered and their two boys. It wouldn't kill the Powells to show some compassion towards Susan's family, but I guess they figured why start now when they have been constant pains in the asses for years now. Some people have no shame.