Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence King Murdered Gay Teen

Lawrence King Murdered Gay Teen

"I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

I see dead people Guest
    This is such a sad story! I saw it on the local news the other day, whenever that happens my son's school goes on lockdown, (not the same school where this happened). I wish they could figure out a way to stop these types of things from happening. Both of those families have "lost out" on thier kids childhood.

I see dead people Guest

geez...

Jazbabee Guest
    What the hell is wrong with these damned kids ???

lisalouver Guest
    I did'nt read the link, but hopefully they will donate the persons organs to get some kind of good out of it.

BigBootyJudy Guest
    I just found out today that the accused killer is the son of my former manager at a shop I used to work at! I was floored. I thought the name sounded familiar but it didn't register that the toddler I knew back in 1995 was the same kid until an article spoke of the family.
    Last edited by BigBootyJudy; 02-15-2008 at 02:15 PM.

spoiledkitty Guest
    That's horrible, I read that they harvested his organs. The positive side of this is that pieces of him will go on living although no matter the heartbreak he will never fully be here. This story is saddening persecuted for being different, I'm glad I teach my boys that different doesn't mean bad.

BabaBooey Guest
    This is a horrific story, but one thing I noticed is that the student was 15 and in 8th grade. When I was 15, I was a sophomore in high school!

spoiledkitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BabaBooey View Post
    This is a horrific story, but one thing I noticed is that the student was 15 and in 8th grade. When I was 15, I was a sophomore in high school!
    He was also in the foster program, who knows how many times he has been proverbably "left behind"

This kid sounds like he was dealt a shitty hand all around... he was a foster child in a home for neglected and abused children and then gets shot for what he is wearing.

spoiledkitty Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jason8478 View Post
    This kid sounds like he was dealt a shitty hand all around... he was a foster child in a home for neglected and abused children and then gets shot for what he is wearing.
    I agree with you Jason, not even a good card to hold, use or whatsoever.

Gay Teen Shot and Killed by Classmate

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Oh - this is just tragic. My teenagers are taught tolerance and are tolerant. I just don't understand it. God rest his soul.

Mamma Guest
    Oh no ... what a sweet kid he looks like. I have a son, I just can't comprehend such hatred in people, young people at that .

sick. l hope he gets life.
    where the hell are these kids getting guns anyways?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PvN73 Guest
    Where are these kids getting this hatred from? It is just so sad.

I am amazed that those WestHO Mofo's didnt protest that poor childs funeral.

spoiledkitty Guest
    That's horrible, and so sad. Hatred I believe is taught, and I think whoever instilled this kinda hatred in them needs to be held accountable as well! The world seems to be taking 2 steps forward and 5 steps back when stuff like this happens. This is just horrible!

I'm sad and angry when I read stories such as this one. You're right- intolerance, hate and bigotry is taught. The parents of the heartless bastard should fry right along with him.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I just don't understand this stuff anymore. All I know is it makes me very sad, I feel like it's one step forward and several steps back for the human race every time shit like this happens.

Flowergrrl Guest
    That's so sad. I don't understand why people are so full of hatred and negativity. Hate crimes come with higher penalties, I hope he gets the maximum sentence allowable.

deathybrad Guest
    I've got to believe that the shooters parents are just as responsible.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    I agree with you Brad....and they should be held accountable on some level!

gleemonex Guest
    I hope the bastard gets life

deathybrad Guest
    His attorney is trying to say that he's not old enough at 14 to be tried as an adult. If he's shot and killed a cop would he be tried as an adult? I was surprised that the attorney was trying to keep the victim on life support to prevent a murder charge.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I agree with you Brad....and they should be held accountable on some level!
    They're a mess, as you may imagine. This happened in California, btw, not Florida as the article states (guess UK papers mix up our warm sunny places).

This thread could be merged with "Oxnard Teen Taken Off Life Support."

Flowergrrl Guest
    His attorney is trying to say that he's not old enough at 14 to be tried as an adult. If he's shot and killed a cop would he be tried as an adult? I was surprised that the attorney was trying to keep the victim on life support to prevent a murder charge.
    Yeah, that's totally screwed up.

If you can commit adult crime you can do adult time.

I can't comprehend.

They teased him; wrong; but people do that; and it probably made him stronger.

Murder!!!

My, God.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    People kill other people for $5 today, so it's no surprise people still kill based on prejudices. We live in a crazy world!

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    That is absolutely horrible; so beyond senseless!

DCT61 Guest
    And yet....how many of us think about those words: intolerence....hate...bigotry...etc. when we pull the lever in the voting booth. When you put homophobes and people who believe in this kind of crap in office, youre just as guilty. Where do you think these people get the idea that this kind of thing is "ok".

KristinEileen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DCT61 View Post
    And yet....how many of us think about those words: intolerence....hate...bigotry...etc. when we pull the lever in the voting booth. When you put homophobes and people who believe in this kind of crap in office, youre just as guilty. Where do you think these people get the idea that this kind of thing is "ok".
    I get what you are saying but I doubt that this has anything to do with politics. It's about some sick kid shooting a classmate because he was different. I don't think that there is a government official who would come out and say: "Let's shoot gay people!" nor would they come out and say something hurtful like I hate ***s. I think that there is a time and place to interject political commentary and this isn't one of them...

DCT61 Guest
    YEAH...youre right. Trying to figure out where kids...adults get the idea that killing someone who is different has nothing to do with politics or leaders who are trying to influence the direction the country heads in the next four years. Ill just get back to paying lip service to the kids memory. It was real bad he got shot. NEXT.
    Last edited by DCT61; 02-28-2008 at 07:56 AM.

I'm a mother of four, and I've ALWAYS felt that kids are the persons we raise them to be. Though, we are not to blame for all of their actions, we as parents should teach them right/wrong, tolerance not bigotry, etc. The killer was only 14, and though his parents may not have been directly responsible for this, they did either allow the skewed views that he held, to be okay; kept the gun where he could access it; or were not as hands-on with what was going on with their child. Regardless, this has affected two families directly, and many more indirectly. I saw the clip that Ellen did on this today, and I hope that we as a society, and especially parents, decide that our kids WILL usually listen IF we talk to them. Teach them that we are all equal and that NO ONE should be treated as anything less for ANY reason. And, we also have to practice what we preach: If you say you love your children unconditionally, then do it, regardless if they dress differently than you'd like, want their hair pink, or date someone of another race or of the same gender. Just LOVE THEM.

The Ellen Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYLbYMS2KcA

(I'll step down from my soapbox now

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I watched the Ellen segment last night for the first time, and it touched me so deeply. Particularly the part she ends with "It's okay to be gay."

I was raised in a VERY religious household. My mother was the child of two ministers, and the majority of her extended family on both sides were all ministers. At one point, I was all but excommunicated from a church for taking part in a community theater program in my spare time which was headed up by a homosexual couple.

If, as children, we are taught by those we trust most that there are people with whom we should feel shamed for associating with, it is not easy to overcome those stereotypes and decide for yourself that there is nothing to be ashamed of.

I did just that. The anti-homosexual ideals that were pounded into my brain, even in my own home, took a back seat to the fact that love is beautiful...And eventually, I was even able to convince my mother of that. One of my dearest friends is openly gay, and she absolutely adored him.

Giada Guest

Larry King Murdered Gay Teen

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-gay-teen.html

Another sad case, jury is currently deadlocked. It's unfortunate EO Green School neglected to take action when there was an obvious problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.O._Green_School_shooting

Who cares why he killed him he needs to be executed or put away for life. Many people have shitty childhoods and dont kill other kids.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

For just a breadth of a moment I thought you meant Larry King ex talk show fellas

UnSuffer Me Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    For just a breadth of a moment I thought you meant Larry King ex talk show fellas
    Me too.

Giada Guest
    Thanks Ich ... well just damnit I missed another one ...

(Does kinda look like Larry King, the demented one, murdered a gay teen. Crikies that was unkind ...

Yeah at first I thought someone was suing Larry King (the old geezer) because someone commited suicide or was murdered after some show he did supposedly caused someone to commit something.
    Like Sally Jesse Raphael.

Giada Guest
    Mistrial ...

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,5454894.story

Sad ... Seven voted for voluntary manslaughter. It isn't solely about this case. It's not safe to allow him to move freely in the community. There was evidence of ongoing death threats for three days prior to the shooting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0....html#comments

Evidence of a hate crime.
    Last edited by Giada; 09-02-2011 at 10:39 AM.

tarsier Guest
    If only we would hold the parents accountable...
    Like where did he get the gun? if his parents got it for him they should be accessories of some sort. But it doesn't sound like tjhis kid has anyone to speak for him.

Giada Guest
    Case to be re-tried, charges pending.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5433686.story

UdbCrzy2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    If only we would hold the parents accountable...
    Like where did he get the gun? if his parents got it for him they should be accessories of some sort. But it doesn't sound like tjhis kid has anyone to speak for him.
    If the family files a wrongful death lawsuit, his parents would be included. Some plaintiffs like to have the homeowner's insurance company defend the ca$e. Surely the parents would be responsible for their minor child's actions.

Alexandra Guest
    No such thing as "homophobia."

Having penalties for "hate" crimes amounts to Thought Police.

It doesn't matter why you murder someone, the point is, you did it, and must be punished accordingly.

I'd like to think that I can have my OWN thoughts and beliefs and worldview without someone accusing me of hate. That in itself is bigoted and narrow-minded!

Giada Guest
    There is a distinct difference between thought and behavior.

California laws on hate crime.

http://ag.ca.gov/cjsc/publications/hatecrimes/pub.php

I was watching Larry King last night and had no idea he murdered gay teens
    Those are my principles.If you don't like them,I have others.

-Groucho Marx-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]