Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    The autopsy was held at the L.A County Coroner's office, performed by Dr. Thomas Noguchi and attended by the assistant D.A. John (i think) Miner.
    You can get full details of her autopsy in the great death hag book, "Coroner" by Thomas Noguchi. He did Janis Joplin, John Belushi, Sharon Tate, Marilyn and a few others and wrote about it in that book.

He has a sequel book also called "Coroner At Large".

taphophile Guest
    Hi there! I'm new here, but I've spent the last three days just reading everything on the forum. Anywhoo...I read a long time ago that Marilyn was clutching a phone when she died. Since I've been a Marilyn fan for as long as I can remember, I can't recall where I read that and I never really tried to find out the truth in it before. Maybe it's been covered elsewhere on the forum, but I was just curious as to whether or not anyone else heard this. I tried to look at the pic of her in the bed, but I really can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedKitten View Post
    I'm pretty sure Hef's is going to be the one next to her, not above.
    Remember after Anna Nicole died, there was talk of Hugh Hefner giving his plot to Anna - since it was well-known how much of a fan she was of hers?

I don't know if it was a rumor or not. But in the end, she was buried in the Bahamas - somewhere I don't think SHE wanted to end up at, in the end.

LupeVelez Guest

LupeVelez Guest

LupeVelez Guest

Danny

Yes, Marilyn was prepared at Westwood. The chaple still under construction was mostly glass so the studio sent over giant tarps to cover it. The embalming was done at Westwood.

babyharlow Guest
    I just wanted to add that I live in Van Nuys, only a few miles from where Marilyn attended school for a year or so (Van Nuys High School). I drive by it a lot and always think of "Norma Jean." Also, I live very close to the house where her first husband (Jimmy) lived with his family. I have read that she also lived in that house with his parents when he was in the service, and she was working at Radio Plane, where she was discovered. I have driven by that house, too. I can almost imagine Norma Jean walking down the sidewalk, dreaming of something better than working in a factory. I have driven down the street a few times and always feel as though her spirit is nearby. I have also been by where the Radio Plane factory once stood in the 40's and I think it is now a Budweiser factory.
    Last edited by babyharlow; 10-28-2007 at 10:56 PM.

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    [SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]his is the only shot that I've ever seen of [SIZE=4]MARILYN[/SIZE] still in the bed; this was taken by the police after they were called to her home on the morning of Sunday, August 5, 1962.
    What perplexes me about this is that she's apparently still in the same position that she died in. Did they not turn her over to check for a pulse?? I understand that the reports say she was in an advanced state of rigor so resuscitation would be useless, but I don't understand why she was not at least turned over. Or am I just confused?

Katie Guest
    It depends on which story you believe. Some say that she had already been transported once, and was brought back after death.

Some say that her death was staged.

Who knows!!!

Laura1020 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I need to promote one of my favorite movies "Plan 9."

Plus it was getting cold...

Okay bad joke!!!

you might want to write Nick about why you can't see the pic's?

I was not near a computer over the weekend. Imagine my surprise when I logged on this morning and... Hooray!!!! The shirtless avatar is back!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeVelez View Post
    Yes, Marilyn was prepared at Westwood. The chaple still under construction was mostly glass so the studio sent over giant tarps to cover it. The embalming was done at Westwood.
    WOW! Okay kind of a morbid question...do they still do embalming there?

Its just with all the stars being buried there I wonder if they do all that sort of stuff!!

I regret not looking at the chapel when I was there in Sept now!!!!!

Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Great info thanks for sharing!!!!!

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Hi Aries,
    i wish i knew which pic is that! The only one i have of Marilyn in a hotel balcony,is the one where shes holding a cigarette, it was taken in New York:

What an beautiful photograph. I've never seen this one before. She really was something else...

pinkrose35 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura1020 View Post
    Hooray!!!! The shirtless avatar is back!

Todayisnow3 Guest

Marilyn Video

I noticed you all were wanting a video of her funeral. I hope this helps. Also, Im new here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EPv8EeFPg

15. 10-29-2007, 04:42 PM

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura1020 View Post
    I was not near a computer over the weekend. Imagine my surprise when I logged on this morning and... Hooray!!!! The shirtless avatar is back!
    I promise you aren't missing anything..but Thank You!!!!

Guest Guest
    This is the closest I've come to the champagne photo. I have some in color but I don't have a scanner lol

http://www.marilynmonroe.ca/camera/g...goddess15.html

Guest Guest
    Here's another of the balcony photos too

Elle Guest
    So, what is she 'resting in' now??? Maybe I missed that part.

Hello all! I just joined and am looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    So, what is she 'resting in' now??? Maybe I missed that part.

Hello all! I just joined and am looking forward to getting to know some of you.
    Did ya see the pic's? It is a picture of the casket before she was put in it...kind of moving!!

OH welcome fellow Death Hag!!!!

Nice to meet you!!

scarletfever1971 Guest
    Yes, welcome Elle and Today.

leevancleef Guest

Dont you love this picture of Marilyn and Joe together?
    It was taken in 1961.
    Im between those who think that had she lived, they would have got together again...i cant decide if that would be positive for her or not, but i think they would .

GODDESS6 Guest
    these are from your cool book aren't they?, thanx sooooooo much!!!~

leevancleef Guest
    yes, thank you lupe, that one of Marilyn being transported is a great shot.

wow some fab photo's thanks for sharing

thx for those pix, Lupe...the morgue one was brand new to me.

leevancleef Guest

Marily during the filming of Some like it hot

Marilyn while filming Lets make love listening to director George Cuckor

kelbons Guest
    You know, some of these pictures that have turned up on this thread of Marilyn just really got to me! She really was a beautiful woman...

It's so sad what happened to her... it definitely was not her time. But do you ever think about whether she would still be an icon had she not died so early? Probably not.

scarletfever1971 Guest
    No, I think her death helped catapult her into iconic status.

kelbons Guest
    Is there a photo anywhere of Marilyn wearing the Pucci dress she was buried in? Or did I miss that?

Could this be it?

I also found this link: http://morbid-curiosity.com/id139.htm
    Last edited by kelbons; 10-30-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    Is there a photo anywhere of Marilyn wearing the Pucci dress she was buried in? Or did I miss that?
    I don't think so? If you find one though please post it!!!

kelbons Guest
    Holy crap... I didn't think that pic would be so huge!! Sorry, guys!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    Holy crap... I didn't think that pic would be so huge!! Sorry, guys!
    Wow!!! That is way cool!!!! I didn't know she was buried in that though!!!

Thanks!!!! Your a true Death hag!!!

kelbons Guest
    Well, I'm not positive... this is from a eBay auction that claims it, but who knows? It's the closest thing I've ever seen to a chartreuse Pucci dress I've seen...

Danny62 Guest
    Well its a great picture none the less. I can't believe all the rare pictures that have popped up of celebrities on this site!!!!!!!

It saves searching the internet thats for sure!!!

kelbons Guest
    Irregardless, people really knew how to dress back then. We should all take a cue, ya know! Now if you wear a dress, people wonder why you're "all dressed up!"

scarletfever1971 Guest
    Yeah, it's either "Hot date" or "Got an interview"?

I just answer "both".

leevancleef Guest
    ive posted a big pic of Marilyn in the green dress she was buried in in the Most beautiful dead celebrities thread.Kelbons that is indeed the dress.
    Last edited by leevancleef; 10-30-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: to make it bigger

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Did you all know Joan's son Christopher died of cancer 9-22-06 in New York.

LupeVelez Guest

Dear Surburban

I know all about the Marilyn hairs from the garbage can as I own one. When Marilyn was being prepared her neck was badly swollen and it was decided to cut a chunk out of the back of her neck and tighten her up with stitches. Alan Abbot held her up while the cut off a chunk of her hair and made the incision and put in the stiches. The lock of hair was tossed in the garbage along with her falsies. When Alan decided to swipe the falsies for a souvineer for his wife the lock of hair was stuck to the falsies. Alan traded 1/2 the lock of hair to a collector for Marilyn's first contract signed under the name of Marilyn Monroe. The remaining lock was traded away over the years hair by hair until when I me Alan he had only about 6 left. Any hair auctioned on EBAY probably comes with a note of authenticity saying they obtained the hair from Alan himself. My hair come with a hand written note from Alan Abbot written on a Crestor prescription pad signed by Alan himself. Other hairs are also auctioned claiming they came from her curlers.

LupeVelez Guest

Here is my Marilyn Hair

Retrieved from the garbage at here embalming.http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...cookie0028.jpg

LupeVelez Guest
    Too much reflection to see the real hair but you caN READ THE NOTE FROM aLAN. Let me see if I can find a better pic.

LupeVelez Guest

Here is a picture of me

Holding my framed Marilyn hair taken by famous Hollywood photographer Gene Anthony. This picture was taken in a Sacramento tattoo parlor just before I had surgical implants to add diamond earrings to my Marilyn tattoo. Yes, my Marilyn tattoo on my arm has "diamond earrings" It's called subdermal implants and I have stainless steele bars inplanted uner my skin and the "diamond" earrings screw into my bicep. I really don't have a good picture of that but will post one as soon as i get one.http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...TaylorB100.jpg

kelbons Guest
    That is awesome!!

september Guest
    love your tattoo lupevelez it looks fantastic

Even the Casket looks HOT!!!

LupeVelez Guest

Thanks September

You should see it now with earrings. I got implants ya know with diamond earrings hangin off my arm where her ears should be.

hoxharding Guest
    There was mention that Marilyn's corpse may of been violated(rumor)
    They mentioned that in the newsletter PopBitch sent today. Supposedly a few years ago an undertaker confessed this during a party. He said several local undertakers took part.
    My question-who would confess this? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    They mentioned that in the newsletter PopBitch sent today. Supposedly a few years ago an undertaker confessed this during a party. He said several local undertakers took part.
    If that's true, that's one sick thing to "brag" about - "I fucked Marilyn Monroe - when she was dead". How many of your friends are going to high-five you for that one???

Don't believe it...JoeD would have found out about it and had them tortured and killed...didn't he pretty much never leave her until she was interred?

Danny62 Guest
    Wow!! I sure hope this wasn't true? Like Aries65 said that sure would not be anything to brag about!!!