Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus In Flares View Post
    Hey, why let some prison bars get in the way of an exclusive ~ apparently Mr Fielder Civil is stil locked up in the tanty

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/...-kill-himself/

I have no doubt that she loved him - to death if you like - I'm just not at all sure that it was mutual.

That dosen't surprise me, well will probably be nearer the end of the week then give the sun time to get whatever they need to visit him inside.

I think we make gods out of our young and dead. At the time that Hendrix, Morrison, and Joplin died... they were very talented people who's legend grew. Same with Cobain and definitely Tupac and I think the same with Winehouse. Someone posted that she wondered if her daughter would be listening to her music and I predict true. We love a good tragic figure. I think she had a lot of talent and a little more demons.

http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/
    A nice tribute by russell brand
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/
    A nice tribute by russell brand
    I was just reading that too...it's quite beautifully written I thought.

michellezearing Guest
    I can't get the Russell Brand thing to come up poo.

Venus In Flares Guest
    I am far from being a fan of Russell Brand's but that beautifully written.

** I had some trouble bringing it up too, probably from a lot of people trying to access it**

I had really hoped she'd record one more album, but It just wasn't mean't to be. Her music was so different from anything else out there and I loved her beehive.

favorite song = You Know I'm No Good

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sherry326 View Post
    I had really hoped she'd record one more album, but It just wasn't mean't to be. Her music was so different from anything else out there and I loved her beehive.

favorite song = You Know I'm No Good
    Oh believe me there will LOTS of Amy Winehouse records coming out now. Nothing more profitable than death. Her record company statement saying how sad they are. Hmmmm cynic in me thinks they'll be seeing pound signs

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Okay, I made some sarcastic comments before, but I didn't state how talented I thought she was before she was ravaged by drugs and alcohol. Her voice was incredible. A throwback to the R&B singers of the '60's. If she was around back then she probably would've been one of the singers that recorded for Atlantic Records in their heyday. Aretha Franklin, Sam & Dave, James Brown and Otis Redding recorded for Atlantic back then. She would've fit right in.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

stacebabe Guest
    I hope I'm not going against the rules posting this? This is Russell Brand's Post. I'm posting only because alot of people are having trouble loading it. *** Edit, it's too long to stay within forum rules. Whiddling it down to what impacted me the most from his letter. ***

Source: http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/
    For Amy

July 24th, 2011
    When you love someone who suffers from the disease of addiction you await the phone call. There will be a phone call. The sincere hope is that the call will be from the addict themselves, telling you they’ve had enough, that they’re ready to stop, ready to try something new. Of course though, you fear the other call, the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it’s too late, she’s gone.
    Frustratingly it’s not a call you can ever make it must be received. It is impossible to intervene.

Last edited by stacebabe; 07-24-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Too Long

Venus In Flares Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Oh believe me there will LOTS of Amy Winehouse records coming out now. Nothing more profitable than death. Her record company statement saying how sad they are. Hmmmm cynic in me thinks they'll be seeing pound signs
    Amy had recorded with Tony Bennett recently so we still have that to come. Also recently, Universal, her record company, paid for her to spend some time recording in the Caribbean but that the material was of very poor quality, so there seems to be some doubt whether they will release it not. It is a bloody shame she only produced the two albums, I'm sure she had a lot of good stuff in her still.
    Last edited by Venus In Flares; 07-24-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: grammer fail

Ides of March Guest
    It's sad and I will never understand how the people in her camp didn't try everything in their power to help her. I am sure she had alot of people around her unless they bailed. I was a fan of hers and I don't even like that style of music really but she appealed to me. RIP Amy...you will not be forgotten.

I am in no way making light of addiction... My opinion is that Amy had a HELLUVA lot more resources at her fingertips than most of the other "Famous 27".... We see addiction in a whole different light then we did even 15 years ago, take it back further and it was just "whispered" about or a "dirty little secret". We didn't find about about some peoples addictions or how deep they were until AFTER they died, with Amy we have been watching her die for the last 6 years.

Brit Brit has less than half the talent that Amy had, but when she started her spiral her peeps jumped in and took over. I WISH that someone would have done that for Amy, if so maybe we wouldn't have this thread today.

Drugs or not it is still a sad loss for her family and the industry, but all I can do is SMH.
    My Posse's On Broadway

mrsunshine Guest
    Well this comes as a swift kick in the pants.
    I imagine her dealers are pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    Someone posted that she wondered if her daughter would be listening to her music and I predict true.
    Absolutely, but it will be a short listen as Amy was a one hit wonder.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Absolutely, but it will be a short listen as Amy was a one hit wonder.

Sad, but I agree... it willl be more like "Hey isn't she that chic who sang about not wanting to go to Rehab and then died from OD'n on drugs"?

Jus' keepin' it real folks.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Not a huge Russell Brand fan, but his words were moving and throught-provoking
    Last edited by Pachamama; 07-24-2011 at 11:17 AM.

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus In Flares View Post
    Amy had recorded with Tony Bennett recently so we still have that to come. Also recently, Universal, her record company, paid for her to spend some time recording in the Caribbean but that the material was of very poor quality, so there seems to be some doubt whether they will release it not. It is a bloody shame she only produced the two albums, I'm sure she had a lot of good stuff in her still.
    Oh believe you me they'll release it regardless. They did the same to Michael Jackson- released an album of tracks that would never have seen the light of day if he'd had a breath left in his body.

Venus In Flares Guest
    Oh believe you me they'll release it regardless. They did the same to Michael Jackson- released an album of tracks that would never have seen the light of day if he'd had a breath left in his body.
    Sadly, I dont doubt that for a second, 'cos everyone knows that artists sell so much more once they buy the farm.

However, I would dispute strongly that she was a 'one hit wonder'. 2 albums and five Grammys (among many, many other awards) does not a one hit wonder make. All I have is a City and Guilds in Numeracy, lol. Joe freaking Dolce was a one hit wonder. Amy Winehouse was not.

DrDeath Guest
    She was definitely NOT a one hit wonder

mstee2u1972 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    Not a huge Russel Brand fan, but his words were moving and throught-provoking
    I agree 100%. I am glad he put into words how I feel about the situation. Doesn't matter that according to some people Amy had more talent/money/resources than the average Joe or Josephine, the fact remains that she was a woman with a disease. Addictions do not discriminate-they don't care that you may be at the top of your game in any given profession, they just want to wring every last drop of time/money/energy out of your soul until there is nothing left. We all know, have known, or may be the person with an addiction who is struggling to become whole again. This is why I cannot judge her.

God bless Amy and her family and friends as they try to come to terms with the loss of a talented and beautiful person.

RIP Amy

RIP Amy. I hope you now have the peace you were searching for.
    I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I have read with pleasure. ~ Clarence Darrow

Amy Winehouse did record a third album. It's actually mixed and ready to be released. They had to postpone the release date since she went into rehab a few months ago. It'll probably come out next month now. I do wonder if they will release the whole thing in a single shot or will keep feeding us with "new songs" every other year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MissVondaKaye Guest
    Schultz beat me to it!!

Like most people, I am not surprised nor shocked, bless her tortured soul. I keep most of my sympathy for guys and gals fighting in these dang wars, disease, famine, etc.
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Welp, nothing like a 'shocking' death to bring me bk to the board.. oh Amy. such a waste!

My cousin went to pay her respect a few hours ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hez Guest
    I always remember her Dad saying in an interview when she was really off the rails to please remember she is someone's Daughter and someone's Grandchild. That really hit home with me how all the media coverage affects everyone in her Family.

Has there been an official caus of death yet?

Forever-27 Guest
    As I read in todays paper her folks were at some airport somewhere for a flight, they got the news they had lost their daughter on the Tv news at the airport

Testify it, JefeStone!

I wasn't a huge fan of her music, but her talent was undeniable. Regardless of her lifestyle, a death at 27 is tragic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    I always remember her Dad saying in an interview when she was really off the rails to please remember she is someone's Daughter and someone's Grandchild. That really hit home with me how all the media coverage affects everyone in her Family.

Has there been an official caus of death yet?
    Overdose caused by mixing ket, crack and alcohol is the latest. She was meant to be buried today being jewish they don't hang about but then if you die on a Saturday I guess you have to suspend that 24hr burial deadline

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Trying to explain the power of addiction to someone who isn't addicted is impossible.
    not entirely true, my mother is an alcholic, my uncles have died from drug use. one actually died of an overdose, he would have made it if the other drug addicts didnt clean up the house before help was called. my other two uncles died from the drug use because it took a toll on the bodies and their bodies eventually gave up. it was very sad. i was very young watching my uncle being worked on by the paramedics trying to revive his heart. it was so tramuatic for me.

i guess you can say i seen how addiction works from personal experiences from other people around me. as for myself the only drug ive taken is weed. i occasionally drink but now that im pregnant i have to quit the drinking until i have the baby. i will not touch drugs, ive seen what it has done to my family members, i dont want it happening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    People still do Special K? That's so 90's.

I'm so lame. I thought it was Special K the cereal. I was wondering why she would buy cereal and drugs? DERP on my part.
    Last edited by okidoll; 07-24-2011 at 01:55 PM.

This is how I remember her, 2004 after the release of her debut album, Frank, she was so pretty and had this ethereal quality about her
    She looks absolutely beautiful in this picture. Love the lipstick.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    RIP. I'd rather be a druggie than a person who judges people's struggles. Don't be afraid to look in the mirror sometime.
    So true Jefe.
    RIP Amy.

AllyTheHag Guest
    Overdose caused by mixing ket, crack and alcohol is the latest.
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense to me. How can anyone know exactly what's in her system before they've even had a chance to do a tox' screen (toxicology results usually take a couple of weeks)? And since she had been dead a few hours when she was found, I'm assuming she was alone when it happened, so it's not like anyone can even say, 'I was there and I saw what she took,' let alone be certain that's what killed her. Where do reporters come up with these things?

Bassetlover09 Guest
    "Slow suicide's no way to go...."

heat123 Guest
    Seen this on Youtube, regarding Amy's boyfriend or ex-boyfriend if you believe the newspapers, http://youtu.be/pExrOMha7Wg

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyTheHag View Post
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense to me. How can anyone know exactly what's in her system before they've even had a chance to do a tox' screen (toxicology results usually take a couple of weeks)? And since she had been dead a few hours when she was found, I'm assuming she was alone when it happened, so it's not like anyone can even say, 'I was there and I saw what she took,' let alone be certain that's what killed her. Where do reporters come up with these things?
    There isn't an official cause of death yet. Apparently, her post mortem is due to be carried out tomorrow morning and I suppose we'll know more from there. The information that's out there at the moment is all supposition based on 'sources' saying that she was seen scoring these drugs in Camden on Friday night.

In fairness, it wouldn't be a massive shocker if it were true, but a part of me really wants it to be natural causes.

Smores Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    OMGosh, you should NEVER mix Ketamine with alcohol... Ever. That by itself could cause serious damage, even death, not to mention all the other drugs they have listed.

Ketamine is a highly potent drug, it's best to mix it with only one other drug. And it should ONLY be mixed with an upper.

Well now there's some sound advice!! Especially being that a side effect of ketamine is increased (and sometimes decreased) blood pressure (it's a crap shoot), so yeah, let's throw some uppers on top of it. Maybe Amy had friends like this??

DrDeath Guest
    I think they're basing it on what she bought Friday night from her local neighbourhood dealer....

Smores Guest
    I am shocked that so many are shocked by this woman's death, seriously. She was anorexic, smoked so much crack she blew her lungs out with emphysema, did heroine, smoked, drank, God knows what other drugs. Any child could google her images and be terrified by what they see. She was a train wreck and pretty grotesque to even look at most times. All I thought when I read the news was 'surprised she lasted this long.'
    People worship the talent of a crackhead when she's performing high and wonder why she doesn't hit rock bottom? She looks like an AIDS ridden hooker off the street and people rush her for autographs? The kindest thing to do would have been for labels not to sign her and people not to pay to see her. I feel empathy for the people who actually cared for her.

Djen Guest
    The entire text of Russell Brand's blog post about Amy Winehouse is reproduced at TMZ if you can't get his blog to pull up: http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/24/amy-wi...ll-brand-blog/

Quote Originally Posted by Smores View Post
    I am shocked that so many are shocked by this woman's death, seriously. She was anorexic, smoked so much crack she blew her lungs out with emphysema, did heroine, smoked, drank, God knows what other drugs. Any child could google her images and be terrified by what they see. She was a train wreck and pretty grotesque to even look at most times. All I thought when I read the news was 'surprised she lasted this long.'
    People worship the talent of a crackhead when she's performing high and wonder why she doesn't hit rock bottom? She looks like an AIDS ridden hooker off the street and people rush her for autographs? The kindest thing to do would have been for labels not to sign her and people not to pay to see her. I feel empathy for the people who actually cared for her.
    The person on your avatar resembles your post, minus the crack and the talent. Amy never was diagnosed with Anorexia as far as I know.

I didn't know Amy suffered from anorexia...I always figured that the drugs and alcohol probably put her appetite on the far back burner.

Ghostyhead Guest

They may be a able to make educated guesses based on what paraphernalia and/or drugs or drug residue, bottles, etc are there on the scene, of there is odor of alcohol, etc. not that they could be sure before a tox screen.

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    I didn't know Amy suffered from anorexia...I always figured that the drugs and alcohol probably put her appetite on the far back burner.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...orders_1011429

This is endearing but Amy seems to be well on her way to being wasted.