Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse

The Lucky One Guest
    I was playing her acoustic version of Valerie last night before bed about 3 AM go to sleep and wake up and she is gone from us. Love u Amy! May u find peace that eluded you on Earth.

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    This is 13th July going for a walk in Camden
    She looks really good in this pic...kinda even cute for her!

3. 07-23-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tonysgirl4ever420 View Post
    She looks really good in this pic...kinda even cute for her!
    yes she looked much better, don't know if its just me but it looks like maybe she was in the process of getting her tattoos removed, they seem to be a lot fainter and with no colour in them as though she was halfway through laser removal treatment or something?

Hmmm...tried to post a couple of hours ago, but it didn't go through.

Anyway, I was not entirely shocked, but still surprised & saddened to hear about her death--she did have a great deal of talent that was evidence in the albums she'd already released, and who knows what she could have accomplished in the future? I do have to wonder if that ex-husband of hers helped start her on her downward spiral; any relationship that has one carving one's SO's name into one's body w/a piece of broken glass during a Rolling Stone interview can't possibly be a healthy one.

RIP Amy, and here's hoping you found the peace that you never seemed to find here, and that your goddaughter will come through this and live a good life.

DrDeath Guest
    This is how I remember her, 2004 after the release of her debut album, Frank, she was so pretty and had this ethereal quality about her
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amy2.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	31220  

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    This is how I remember her, 2004 after the release of her debut album, Frank, she was so pretty and had this ethereal quality about her
    Wow, she was really very pretty then. Thanks for posting the pic!

DrDeath Guest
    Ah it has now been confirmed confirmed, not speculated, that it was an OD. I don't understand those who are just stood there outside her house, texting and looking gormless. I don't think it's anything to do with respecting her, they just want to get their ugly mugs on TV. They all look like they could do with a good wash.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    Aaand the surprise of the year goes to... NOT.

She had a great voice and a lot of talent- what a shame.
    Awesome voice, very sad life, another unfortunate member of the "27" club Hope you finally rest in eternal peace Amy.

This was expected...but it's still shocking. I really liked her.

Her song, "Me and Mr Jones" - was my favorite off of her "Back to Black album.

RIP girl!

Shout out to Amy Winehouse in heaven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=padvnsLUhUM

Tupac's "Only God Can Judge Me"

Least surprising celeb death ever.... RIP Amy. Always loved rocking out to 'Rehab,' though the lyrics always struck me as uninspired.

letty1970 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I did and her music is very good. She will be missed by me and her family, friends and fans
    And me. She was amazingly talented... On a good day she was above Joplin....!!!!

letty1970 Guest

Unhappy

Druggie or not, 27 club or nit, expected or not.. A young talented girl is dead....

Hi guys. New here...such a tragic end to a real talent. Wonder what drove her to drugs in the first place...so sad.
    'It's a vertical hold/the things that you're told/for the everyday hero, it all turns to zero'-- Drowse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maruz83 Guest
    Not shocked but sad ....... wasted talent !

She had that "it" in her voice. True soul that can't be faked in a studio with autotune. She didn't rely on outlandish videos or dresses made of meat. I don't understand the people who rip on her but glorify Joplin, Morrisson and Hendrix. It like Bill Hicks said "If you don't think drugs have done some good, go out and burn your cd, records and tapes, because the musicians that made that music that has enhanced your lives throughout the years, ......real fuckin high on drugs"

I realize some people are compelled to get high, but why they can't just get by with beer and cannibas is beyond me.

The death pix watch is on...........
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    I realize some people are compelled to get high, but why they can't just get by with beer and cannibas is beyond me.

The death pix watch is on...........
    Best I got so far http://twitpic.com/5upyl1

from this guy http://twitter.com/#!/mschertel

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    And the News Of The World former editor says "Damn! Why did I shut down this paper last week?"
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

kimmer927 Guest
    This is horrible, but the 1 time I don't put her on my death pool...and she hits!

Naw I'm being stupid...this really was a shock...sad but not entirely surprising...
    RIP Amy...

Damn, Amy was outlived by Zsa Zsa!
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    Jeez that's pretty horrendous

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Good find! He's legit!

Another talented, tormented soul gone far too soon.

RIP, Amy.

Rest in peace, Amy. Thank you for sharing your talent with us while you were here.

Carrie Guest
    Such a great voice. RIP Amy

rjbrasher Guest
    damn i just got out of the hospital from a week long of hell, to find this. In a way i'm not surprised but i don't wish any talent dead. its too bad. RIP ms. Winehouse.

Poor beautiful tortured soul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jeca View Post
    Not surprised at all. When you're nothing but a pathetic druggie, it's just a matter of time.

She wasn't always a pathetic druggie. We all start out innocent. And sometimes people make bad choices. I know many people who make bad choices. They are still good people.
    â??You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.â?

LabActor Guest
    splashnews has the photos of her body being carried out.

http://www.splashnewsonline.com/2011...ken-from-home/

heaven01uk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblindburd View Post
    Thanks for finding this, a better pic by far.

Waiting for the "uncovered" slab photos....

endsleigh03 Guest
    Just keeps striking me what a shame this is.

Also, would like to say that Amy's life was not too different than those who have been on Celebrity Rehab, and those people are often rooted for, and supported, in their quests to recover.

Amy just had ALOT more cameras catching her at her worst.

colorista Guest
    I just hope that other young entertainers who have had drug problems are paying attention. You hear me, Lindsay Lohan?

37. 07-23-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by snowblindburd View Post
    So sad......some friend of my mine called Amy a skanyny nutter....not sure what he meant by the first part. It's sad to me. A talented girl gone forever

kandykisses Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by colorista View Post
    I just hope that other young entertainers who have had drug problems are paying attention. You hear me, Lindsay Lohan?
    ITA but no one ever learns from other people unfortunately. Drugs & booze in excess kill unless you are Ozzy Ozbourne, Keith Richards or Charlie Sheen.

So many talented young people die from excess and yet 10 more pop up to replace them-and 1000's more want to be them and emulate them.

SusanCarole Guest
    I think that she was the closest thing to Billie Holliday that we have these days. I loved listening to her voice. She was something special. May she find the love and self respect in her death that she couldn't seem to find in life.

She was on my death pool list of last year. I was too late to submit a list for this year, but she certainly would have been on it.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

nettybo Guest
    Amy Winehouse? Really? Booked it to Findadeath right away, lol. Go Death Hags!

PurrPurr Guest
    The scene at Amy Winehouse's flat- live as it happens - http://live-mapp.com/
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 07-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.

fultondyke Guest

Unhappy

I really hated hearing this. I so hoped she'd be able to clean up and survive. RIP Amy

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Guess whose not goin' to rehab? She said no no no.

Such wasted talent.

I can't believe it took 21 posts for someone to make a "Rehab" reference!

It didn't surprise me nor shock me that she was going to die.

But it is still sad

RIP

LoriLynn Guest

Neighbors heard howling??

LoriLynn Guest
    This is something I didn't expect.... The plot thickens???

http://www.london24.com/news/amy_win...wling_1_972931

Although it seemed as though it was inevitable, still I felt shocked when I heard it. Although she made bad choices, I'm sure that she suffered more than we can imagine. She had a beautiful voice, and today I'm thinking about the music that will never be made, and the songs that will never be sung. Such a damn shame. I hope she is at peace now.

50. 07-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    RIP. I'd rather be a druggie than a person who judges people's struggles. Don't be afraid to look in the mirror sometime.

I thank you for this post.

We all have our struggles, some of us get to live them out more privately than others.

I feel sorry for her and sorry for her family, and sorry for all of us who won't get any more of her music.

And a big AMEN to the people who compared her to Keith Richards! I guess I sort of felt that way, too. Like she'd been down long enough that I thought she was going to just live that way forever, like she was made of different stuff than the rest of us and could dwell in those depths and survive somehow.

Watch, when he finally goes it will be rescuing orphans from a fire or something heroic and totally un-drug-related!

Flowergrrl Guest
    Such a shame... She had an amazing beautiful voice. The 27 Club is an honorary to enter into. Very sad it exists though.

RIP Angel, may you finally be at peace.

53. 07-23-2011, 02:49 PM

Talking

Now THAT'S funny!

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    And the News Of The World former editor says "Damn! Why did I shut down this paper last week?"