Thread: Father Slams 7 Week Old on Pavement

stacebabe Guest

Father Slams 7 Week Old on Pavement

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...ke-up-20110722

The baby was rushed to the hospital Wednesday night after his father, 33-year-old Carlos Edwards, allegedly threw him to the ground. According to witnesses, Edwards confronted the baby's mother at her Malden home and asked her for money. When she refused, Edwards allegedly grabbed the baby right out of her hands.

I've read a little more on other sites, she did hand over her EBT card (!!! that's a whole other debate), but he slammed the kid down anyway and said he hoped both she and the baby died. He's apparently married, and his wife had no idea about this 2 year relationship with this woman, or the baby.

When you see the picture of him....oh my gosh, he's beautiful. I hope he recovers, but his skull is severely fractured.

deanfan Guest
    I hope the baby will recover fully. I also hope the baby's dna donor gets to spend a lot of time behind bars.

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Wow, even the title is brutal I hope the little one makes it. What a POS to do this.

I hope he recovers, too...I also hope his father gets the same treatment in jail: someone holds him high above his head and smashes him onto a concrete floor.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Something similar happened, not too long ago, except the guy killed the mother. It happened behind the Hardee's across from the mall. He beat her to death. The report was there was blood everywhere because he had dragged her. She was left in the back of the parking lot until someone finally found her.

She was a week or so from giving birth. He was her manager (at the restaurant beside Hardee's), and he was married.

Yikes. Cant help but think of Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icBflcYZhpo
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Commenters to that story who have seen the mother's Facebook say she claims to still love the jerk and forgives him.. Ugh...
    Last edited by Linnie; 07-23-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Carrie Guest
    I'm so sick of hearing about babies and kids being abused. WTF is wrong with people??? What kind of person throws a baby??? How do these sick ideas even come into a persons brain??? There seems to be so many more stories about this kind of crap than there used to be.

heaven01uk Guest
    The poor baby I hope he makes a good recovery. As for the so called father I'd just kill the fucker now to be honest. If your capable of doing that to a tiny baby you don't need to be walking the streets or breathing air.

Djen Guest
    Unbelievable! What is wrong with people?

stacebabe Guest
    Sweet Jesus. That poor kid doesn't have a chance. Even before he was thrown, he had no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Commenters to that story who have seen the mother's Facebook say she claims to still love the jerk and forgives him.. Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...ke-up-20110722

The baby was rushed to the hospital Wednesday night after his father, 33-year-old Carlos Edwards, allegedly threw him to the ground. According to witnesses, Edwards confronted the baby's mother at her Malden home and asked her for money. When she refused, Edwards allegedly grabbed the baby right out of her hands.

I've read a little more on other sites, she did hand over her EBT card (!!! that's a whole other debate), but he slammed the kid down anyway and said he hoped both she and the baby died. He's apparently married, and his wife had no idea about this 2 year relationship with this woman, or the baby.

When you see the picture of him....oh my gosh, he's beautiful. I hope he recovers, but his skull is severely fractured.
    Your post piqued my interest as to what the child looked like, and wow, he is indeed one beautiful little boy. To be honest, I think babies are cutest a few months older than this (and I have four; seven weeks was NOT their "cute stage")! But this child was gorgeous even at seven weeks.
    The crime was unthinkable, regardless of said cuteness, and I hope this asshat gets his own head (yeah, either one) slammed against many a concrete wall where he's going. But I had to chime in on what a remarkably awesome looking baby this is. I heard a lot about skull fractures but not so much about brain damage (although they often go hand in hand). I pray that's not the case here.
    As someone else just posted, he never had a real chance in life. His own father was married with his own family, and his wife never even knew he had a son? And instead of at least TRYING to help support him, he instead asks the mother of his child to give HIM money and slams the child against the pavement when she refuses? What kind of a monster... seriously?
    If there's any light at this terrible tunnel's end, it's that perhaps the child will finally receive a loving home and something he just didn't have before: a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Sweet Jesus. That poor kid doesn't have a chance. Even before he was thrown, he had no chance.

Then that child needs to be taken from her. Stupid bitch.

babyblujems Guest
    Unfortuntately this is Massachusetts and we don't take children away from their biological moms, I mean what could they ever do to hurt a child (sarcasm) I wonder why they didn't take him to Boston Children's I know Mass General is pretty good but Boston Children's is ranked 3rd in the nation plus they have more equipment available.

16. 07-25-2011, 09:17 AM

babyblujems Guest

Update

The 8-week-old boy who last week suffered a fractured skull and internal bleeding after his father allegedly threw him to the ground in Malden, is making a speedy recovery, according to a message from the boy's mother.

Crystle Sears, 23, of Malden, said in a Facebook message posted to a page established to support the injured child, that the boy, Carmelo Sears, was "off all of the machines and support."

"IT IS A MIRACLE," the brief message on Please Pray for Baby Carmelo Sears began. The infant could be released as early as today, it said, and added that the boy is almost fully recovered.

Carlos K. Edwards, 34, of Melrose, Crystle Sears's boyfriend and the father of the child, has pleaded not guilty to charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and battery on a child causing serious bodily injury.

Edwards was ordered held without bail by District Court Judge Lee Johnson, after his arrest and arraignment following the July 20 altercation on a Malden sidewalk. He is due back Thursday in Malden District Court for a dangerousness hearing, the Globe reported last week.

According to authorities, Sears and Edwards had an intense confrontation, which ended with Edwards allegedly throwing the infant 4 feet through the air to his mother. Instead of catching the baby, the boy bounced off Sears's body, landing on the pavement, the Globe report said.

The child was initially listed in critical condition at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    "I just want everything to be OK for my son,’’ Sears said. “I feel sad that any of this happened, to my son and to [Edwards]. I don’t want to say that I don’t love him, because I do, especially because he’s never done anything like this before."

Stupid, stupid BITCH!!!

stacebabe Guest
    The baby is on his way to making a full recovery:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Please...54913494535511

But he still should be taken from this douche anyway. She's 23, has 3 kids already, and the fight with her married baby daddy was over a welfare EBT card.

And he BOUNCED off the mother's body when he was TOSSED. I thought the father simply threw him to the ground. Didn't the mother fall to the ground to TRY to CATCH him or at least cushion the blow?

Yeah, this poor baby needs to be taken away from the mom. I wonder if he will be brain damaged or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Mammy Guest
    I have a sinking feeling that the father won't get much of a punishment, he will be lovey-dovey and be kissing the mom's ass, and he will be right back in their life like nothing happened. She still loves him and "he has never done anything like this before!" Well whoop-dee-doo, he's done it now and this dumb woman is very lucky that she isn't burying her baby boy. Poor little guy has two idiots for parents!

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Wow. I wanted to vomit just reading the title to this thread. Poor baby. I hope they make sure he is safe after his recovery. Ugh. 7 wks old. Awful

heaven01uk Guest
    I'm glad he's making an amazing recovery but his mum needs to wake up and she needs a reality check and quickly, especially if she wants to keep her children safe.