Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JFK, Jr.

JFK, Jr.

As we are all probably aware, there's never been any photos published of what "John John" looked like after the plane crash. I've heard all kinds of rumors, but the only small tidbit I ran across (and I forget where it was but I think it from a reputable source like Time magazine, it wasn't from a tabloid ), said that an eyewitness described his body at the morgue as being bent backward like a pretzel, with his feet touching the back of his head. That's the only actual description of what he looked like after the crash that I've run across and never found it again. Anybody read any other descriptions of him? I have that image stuck in my head now! UGH! I wish I hadn't read that! Sometimes the imagination is worse than the reality, ya know?

Someone mentioned on here that Carolyn B (his wife) had her legs missing when pulled out of the water, and her sister was never found (probably became shark food).

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    All I know is they never called him "John John".
    Some idiot reporter made that up.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    The burial at sea is very revealing for Uber Catholics like the Kennedys. I've always thought that with such an impact, whatever was left could have been tossed overboard in a sandwich bag.

I've read a couple of the books about it, Kennedy Curse is particularly full of dish and wow, does Carolyn come off as a nasty nasty bitch. Don't know how much of it is true or speculation but she is not portrayed as a sympathetic character at all.

Shano Guest
    I remember reading a report that he was "intact" sitting in his seat with his seat belt still on. It was Carolyn and her sister that were thrown from the plane and in pieces.

shellileigh Guest
    what I don't understand, if they were to be buried in sea, why take them out in the first place. I understand maybe autospy or proof they are dead. But jeez. Send a Kennedy scuba diving and say yes, that them, and let them in peace

Begothed Guest
    Ther was a pic floating around the web a couple years ago said to be JFK jr being pulled out of the water. A real nasty one too. I think it was actually someone else.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    I remember reading a report that he was "intact" sitting in his seat with his seat belt still on. It was Carolyn and her sister that were thrown from the plane and in pieces.
    That's what I read also.such a sad ending.

candleinthewind Guest
    Bodies break down pretty quickly in water so unfortunately there isn't often much to autopsy.

motherogod Guest
    I'd heard that he was still belted in his seat, too. I also watched Ted Kennedy's Biography special and he was the one to identify JFK Jr's body. Maybe we can get him drunk and he'll tell us what he looked like!

Sorry, no disrespect meant!

Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    I also watched Ted Kennedy's Biography special and he was the one to identify JFK Jr's body. Maybe we can get him drunk and he'll tell us what he looked like!

Oldie but Goody.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Begothed View Post
    Ther was a pic floating around the web a couple years ago said to be JFK jr being pulled out of the water. A real nasty one too. I think it was actually someone else.
    The photograph you speak of was proven, I believe, to be of a person who had been submurged under water a LOT longer than John Jr. was.

I remember when I saw it, the corpse didn't even look all that human to me...It was certainly nasty.

Edit:

Anyone interested can see the picture and the FAD Friend who wrote in about it's authenticity http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/k/JFK Jr/jfk_jr.htm<-- Right there.

When in doubt...Look on FAD!
    Last edited by Boxofpandoraz; 10-11-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Oldie but Goody.

I never saw that one - that's hilarious!

I'm really amazed how well the VW took off here in America, since it was Hitler who had designed it!

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    You see, this is why I HATE the ocean. I once found an antique baby shoe in a glass container. I don't want to think about it. What is in the ocean...

halogirl5 Guest

Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and JFK Jr

Anyone know anything about what these two were like in life, and also why were they buried at sea? (I have read Scott's directory entry but the last update was 2002 I think). Inside info on that one would be great.
    Anything about them would be absolutely fascinating, ESPECIALLY the video footage of them having that screaming row in Central Park.
    Ps Sorry for being so rude and not introducing myself, my name's Steph. I'm a writer, from Newcastle in the UK and I love visiting cemeteries around the world and seeing examples of lovely grave art, and I especially love real-life tragic love stories. so anybody know any of these, brilliant! Please share!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    A thread already discussing JFK jr and Carolyn can be found here:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308

mac_lorre Guest
    Hitler didn't design the Volkswagen, he commissioned the design, maybe offering some sketches. Ferdinand Porsche designed the car.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I don`t know about that leaving them in the sea bit.....personally, please take me out and fry me, scatter my ashes, and be done with it.....I don`t want to be fish food any longer than I have to.....the part about a Kennedy putting on a wet-suit and identifying the body did crack me up.....yes, I`m sick....and so are you.....

Quote Originally Posted by mac_lorre View Post
    Hitler didn't design the Volkswagen, he commissioned the design, maybe offering some sketches. Ferdinand Porsche designed the car.
    But even still - Hitler was a part of it in some way.

there were a couple of prank phone calls ,one i remember taken by soledad o brien on air live,with all due solemnity,to hear instead of an update,instead someone said soledad is a whore,before she hung up. there was another incident on another network,but i cannot remember details,but it was funny,too. somehow,i believe the folks at the simpsons were involved. bravo.

I was on scene of a small plane crash on land and the bodies were quite destroyed. The yoke went through both pilot and passengers chests and into the seats. Their heads were only distinguishable from their hair. The pilots hand was severed and had a gauge imbedded in it.
    Whe they removed the bodies they basically shoveled under the bodies and lifted the mass with the shovel blade. Also the pilot's knees were so far into his chest it looked like one blob of flesh. With that type of damage I can't even imagine how worse off the bodies were under water.

kdeazell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    All I know is they never called him "John John".
    Some idiot reporter made that up.
    Supposedly the reporter heard JFK say "John" and seconds later again "John" and that's how it started. Your right no one called him that.
    Kim

kdeazell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    I'd heard that he was still belted in his seat, too. I also watched Ted Kennedy's Biography special and he was the one to identify JFK Jr's body. Maybe we can get him drunk and he'll tell us what he looked like!

Sorry, no disrespect meant!
    Teddy and I believe 2 of his cousins were in the boat when they brought up the bodies and all were still belted in.

We just cremated remains of a woman who was swiped off the Newport getty. They only found torso and a leg and arm bone. No felsh. She died back in May or June.
    K

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I never saw that one - that's hilarious!

I'm really amazed how well the VW took off here in America, since it was Hitler who had designed it!
    Hitler did not design it. Ferdinand Porche did.

Katie Guest
    I believe it was said that the reason the bodies were recovered was to keep people from going down to take pictures, and also to get the plane up, and investigated.

I believe the burial at sea was because they only found two bodies.

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    I couldn't stomach getting Tedders drunk. Mehears his pants often fall off in such situations.

Ick-o-rama.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Hitler did not design it. Ferdinand Porche did.
    Thank you.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicide Cop View Post
    I was on scene of a small plane crash on land and the bodies were quite destroyed. The yoke went through both pilot and passengers chests and into the seats. Their heads were only distinguishable from their hair. The pilots hand was severed and had a gauge imbedded in it.
    Whe they removed the bodies they basically shoveled under the bodies and lifted the mass with the shovel blade. Also the pilot's knees were so far into his chest it looked like one blob of flesh. With that type of damage I can't even imagine how worse off the bodies were under water.

Ewww that sounds nasty!

there is a sketch attributed to hitler,evidently on a napkin from a munich restaurant,which shows the familiar beetle,but with a formal rear roof line like a mid 50s rolls.

Reecy Guest

Unhappy

Reading the piece that Scott wrote on FAD I can see why they were both buried at sea. They didn't have Lauren's body. At the time I couldn't understand why they took them out and then threw them back. (?). This whole JFK Jr. death came to a complete shock to me. When I woke up that morning and realized that his plane had gone down I was devasted. Luckily his mother was already gone. She didn't have to go through that pain.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Jackie was adamantly against JFK jr ever learning to fly.

dovescry1999 Guest

You know what ? I'm a really sick person. I read this 3 times, and got sicker each time, but it was freakin fasinating !

P.S. Also had to run to the restroom, prepared to pray to the porcelin Gods

Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    You know what ? I'm a really sick person. I read this 3 times, and got sicker each time, but it was freakin fasinating !

P.S. Also had to run to the restroom, prepared to pray to the porcelin Gods
    Glad you liked the description. There aren't many forums to describe this type of thing.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Jackie was adamantly against JFK jr ever learning to fly.
    she knew he wasn't that bright...it took him three time to pass the Bar exam...plus he flew at night with out instrument certification...we should all
    know our limitations...if I was jon jon I would have lived off my trust fund, developed a manageable drug habit, and dated as many supermodels as possible...who cares a about being a person of substance

Your description perhaps lends credence to my initial post that I had read that John's body was bent backward like a pretzel, with his legs almost touching the back of his head. He may have still been "belted in", but I also think it's possible he could have been twisted and bent in an awful way. It would make sense to me that the huge impact would have the tendency to push legs and arms into all sorts of horrid shapes and positions, just as the victims of the crash you personally witnessed. UGH! But thanks for being so specific and telling it like it is.

This is definitely the forum to do it.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    At the time I couldn't understand why they took them out and then threw them back. (?).
    I felt the same way. Then it dawned on me that most of their bodies probably remained at sea and there was no reason not to return the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    Luckily his mother was already gone. She didn't have to go through that pain.
    That's one of the first things I thought of too. I think it would have been hideous for her to have had to experience that considering the other awful, highly public tragic events she lived through. I like to think she was there to greet him (them) on the other side.[/quote]

FannyB1923 Guest
    Did anybody hear how the lawsuit started by Carolyn's mother turned out? I'm sure it was a compromise settlement.

JFK Jr. was surely the wealthier of the two, but he "caused" the deaths of Carolyn and Lauren by being the pilot. I don't know how much money it would have amounted to, but I sort of see the point of the mother who lost two of her daughters. As though there's some closure in knowing that somebody made a mistake and the loved one didn't have to die. Seeing this on paper I guess.

Gorey Guest
    I think they had to pull them out of the water for autopsies so the plane manufacturer couldn't be sued if it was pilot error. Then dumped them back in because Lauren wasn't found. I think the floating beetle is a laughing riot. Floating bodies are not. they are very messy and ugly. There is a website for the Ontario Police to Identify unknown dead victims and some of them were floaters from the Niagara. Disturbing site that I don't have the link at the moment but it's like a train wreck you can't look away AND it gave ME nightmares.

MeltingCandle Guest
    If JFK Jr. hadn't died, he would probably be nearing the end of his first term as President of the United States. Jfk vs. McCain? OK, he would be a two termer.

Gorey Guest
    Come to think of it( this seems to be my day for thinking and opinions) I don't think I would blame Carolyn for being a Bitch. Think of all the tragedy she has been through and the media and us death hags watching her continuously. If she farts sideways the media is there to picture it. I'd be a bit bitter too. I think.

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    Did anybody hear how the lawsuit started by Carolyn's mother turned out? I'm sure it was a compromise settlement.

JFK Jr. was surely the wealthier of the two, but he "caused" the deaths of Carolyn and Lauren by being the pilot. I don't know how much money it would have amounted to, but I sort of see the point of the mother who lost two of her daughters. As though there's some closure in knowing that somebody made a mistake and the loved one didn't have to die. Seeing this on paper I guess.

This law suit was settled out of court for many millions.

southerngothic Guest
    When this first came out, I too wondered why they'd pull the bodies out just to have a burial at sea. Then I thought, well there are some real sickos out there, and I could imagine people out in boats and scuba divers out looking for a foot or leg or finger or something from JFK Jr. as a "souvenier".

Vamp Guest
    I remember hearing that John Jr. always loved the sea and that was one reason the Kennedys chose to bury him at sea.

I wonder how much money Carolyn's parents ended up getting in the wrongful death suit.

Also, I wonder what happened to Carolyn's surviving sister.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MeltingCandle View Post
    If JFK Jr. hadn't died, he would probably be nearing the end of his first term as President of the United States. Jfk vs. McCain? OK, he would be a two termer.
    I'm intrigued by Caroline Kennedy being involved in the Obama campaign this year. She's a very smart person. She reminds me of Jackie, while looking more like her dad.

Perhaps now that her children are older, she's thinking about running for office?

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FannyB1923 View Post
    I'm intrigued by Caroline Kennedy being involved in the Obama campaign this year. She's a very smart person. She reminds me of Jackie, while looking more like her dad.

Perhaps now that her children are older, she's thinking about running for office?
    I think Carolyn will never run for public office. I think she made that deliberate choice a long time ago. I think she values her privacy too much.

lisalouver Guest
    Not all plane crashes leave fragmentated remains. There were a good deal of TWA flight 800 (that exploded) victims who were intact. One of Baden's book even has a few pictures.

It's really hard to say with any certainity what condition the bodies were in.

I believe Ted viewed the bodies, or at least JFK Jr's.

While I have never personally investigated a plane crash, at ME cnferences I have seen many pictures of different types of crashes and we train frequently for the event.
    Last edited by lisalouver; 06-18-2008 at 09:28 AM. Reason: added a piece of info

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    This law suit was settled out of court for many millions.
    Not enough to make up for the loss of two daughters.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I think Carolyn will never run for public office. I think she made that deliberate choice a long time ago. I think she values her privacy too much.
    On the subject of Caroline, I read a book a few months ago and now the name escapes me. It is about the Kennedy family (JFK's family) and I mentioned it here before. It was written in 2004.

Anyhow, it showed what a bitch Caroline truly is, many, many things were brought to the surface in this book.

JFK Jr disliked Caroline's husband an immense amount.

Excellent read.

Vamp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    On the subject of Caroline, I read a book a few months ago and now the name escapes me. It is about the Kennedy family (JFK's family) and I mentioned it here before. It was written in 2004.

Anyhow, it showed what a bitch Caroline truly is, many, many things were brought to the surface in this book.

JFK Jr disliked Caroline's husband an immense amount.

Excellent read.
    The woman that was married to JFK Jr.'s cousin, Tony Radizwill also wrote a book about JFK and Carolyn. She said Carolyn Bessette was very down to earth and kind.

I could see Caroline being bitchy.