It`s Fun To Stay At The... O-H-I-O?

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=61954

That's quite a send-off there :-)

Now that's one way to put the fun back in the funeral
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

stacebabe Guest
    I love it! And I am inspired. I will ask that I be contorted into an M shape so other people can stand next to me and make Y & C A hand shapes at my casket!

RaRaRamona Guest
    That's hilarious. they look like they are having fun.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I'm glad they can enjoy themselves. A funeral is supposed to be a celebration of someone's life... It's good to see people able to laugh.

Looks like he was a war veteran too... Thank you for your service sir!

gemini33 Guest
    Being a huge OSU fan, I LOVE IT!!! *saving* GO BUCKS!

Djen Guest
    I'm trying to figure out how, when the time comes, to work my Dad into one of the shapes in USMC, ooorah! He retired after 32 years, and I think it would be a fitting tribute. (I'd only do something like that after he was dead, and even then he'd probably find a way to kill me. Marines are that way...)
    Last edited by Djen; 07-17-2011 at 04:32 PM.

The Lucky One Guest
    That's hillarious!

The old guy probably would have been laughing with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whats an ovto?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

To make an "H", Blue Dress Granny would have had to spread her legs... Which would have been inappropriate, because, you know, they're in a church or chapel. Even tacky people have standards. (Assuming this is for real.)

I would walk the heck out if they pulled this at a funeral I attended. A few charming anecdotes with discreet chuckling is one thing... Acting like twits is another. The person is DEAD. You will NEVER see, hear, or touch him again, assuming you LIKED him. He, moreover, can no longer hear, see or touch YOU, let alone appreciate your getting some yucks out of posing with his CORPSE.

I go to funerals to pay respects for someone whose loss I grieve, NOT to be AMUSED.

They couldve at leat put a construction helmet or feathered headdress on him for crissakes.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    To make an "H", Blue Dress Granny would have had to spread her legs... Which would have been inappropriate, because, you know, they're in a church or chapel. Even tacky people have standards. (Assuming this is for real.)

I would walk the heck out if they pulled this at a funeral I attended. A few charming anecdotes with discreet chuckling is one thing... Acting like twits is another. The person is DEAD. You will NEVER see, hear, or touch him again, assuming you LIKED him. He, moreover, can no longer hear, see or touch YOU, let alone appreciate your getting some yucks out of posing with his CORPSE.

I go to funerals to pay respects for someone whose loss I grieve, NOT to be AMUSED.
    Something tells me that the deceased probably asked them to do this, maybe it was even in his will. I dont think Pastor Mike . . . or whatever his name really is . . . would have participated otherwise, He should have pulled on an OSU sweatshirt over his clerical garb, but maybe he didnt have one handy in his size.

This just in to our news desk . . .
    In the description of the picture, the family wrote that the guest of honor was a”[l]ong time fan who was always the “I-O”, is forever the permanent “I”. Roy Miracle was shown in an OSU turtle neck that he loved, and holding the position that he loved!”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...om-his-casket/

Here is his online obituary.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/new...9521&fhid=8678

He seems like a really great guy. RIP Mr. Miracle. Beat Michigan.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 07-18-2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: The facts mam just the facts

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    They couldve at leat put a construction helmet or feathered headdress on him for crissakes.
    LOL!

I think it's terrible, the man clearly isn't enjoying it as much as the people around him are.

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how, when the time comes, to work my Dad into one of the shapes in USMC, ooorah! He retired after 32 years, and I think it would be a fitting tribute. (I'd only do something like that after he was dead, and even then he'd probably find a way to kill me. Marines are that way...)
    I talked to my Dad about this yesterday, and he actually thought it was pretty great. His solution was to get a few more people involved and go ahead and spell out "Marine" and just make him the "I" as this family did. Not sure how to do the "R"...

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    I talked to my Dad about this yesterday, and he actually thought it was pretty great. His solution was to get a few more people involved and go ahead and spell out "Marine" and just make him the "I" as this family did. Not sure how to do the "R"...
    Or you could round up enough people to spell out SEMPER FI.

This has me reconsidering cremation versus burial. I am not going to make a very impressive I in an urn.

I guess I could still dot the I even in an urn.

Script Ohio:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-TQcqRWbDA

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I think it's terrible, the man clearly isn't enjoying it as much as the people around him are.
    How do you know - have you talked to the late Mr. Miracle lately?

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Well, as my mom would have said, "Oh, Lord!"

That's what she said at my Uncle Joe's funeral, at any rate... he collected buttons, and per his request, he was buried with one of his favorites affixed to his lapel for the whole world to see: "Who Farted?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    How do you know - have you talked to the late Mr. Miracle lately?
    no, but when I die, that will be on my ta-do list.

Mammy Guest
    I am LMAO at the thought of a person in a casket with a "who farted?" button. I can just imagine guests going up to the casket to pay their respects and seeing that. It would be next to impossible to control a fit of giggles right there. That is so funny!

BarefootOkieGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    I am LMAO at the thought of a person in a casket with a "who farted?" button. I can just imagine guests going up to the casket to pay their respects and seeing that. It would be next to impossible to control a fit of giggles right there. That is so funny!
    Well, that was my Uncle Joe for you!!! He was a great leg-puller when he was alive, and he figured that he was going to get a laugh when he went. He specifically told my cousin to put that button on for him... it was great because it was a fairly good-sized button, black with neon green letters!

Mammy Guest
    I have laughed on and off about this all day. Every time it crossed my mind, I would start laughing. I know people at work had to think that I had lost my mind because I would start laughing with nobody else around. Uncle Joe sounded like my kind of guy!

Seagorath Guest
    Jim Tressel ruined that football program. Michigan will start whipping tale again.

Djen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Or you could round up enough people to spell out SEMPER FI.

This has me reconsidering cremation versus burial. I am not going to make a very impressive I in an urn.

I guess I could still dot the I even in an urn.

Script Ohio:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-TQcqRWbDA
    That was fun to watch! And I pass on your suggestion about Semper Fi, he'll love it!

rjbrasher Guest
    I plan on having a party for mine. i don't want people crying and feeling sorry for themselves (something my mother would say all the time about funerals) and being major stiffs. don't like it don't show up, i know i wont give a rats ass since i'm not here anyways lol.

but I think this is great, and don't think its tacky one bit. And if this was the guys wishes then they got followed and i think that rocks.