Thread: Man Kills 11 women in Cleveland

Clevelanddeathfan Guest

Man Kills 11 women in Cleveland

Anthony Sowell is on trial in Cleveland for murdering 11 women. The bodies were found in or around his home.

DrDeath Guest
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14259313

What's with the phrase COULD face the death penalty? My god what do you have to DO in Ohio to get fried?

p.s remind me not to eat at that sausage shop

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14259313

What's with the phrase COULD face the death penalty? My god what do you have to DO in Ohio to get fried?

p.s remind me not to eat at that sausage shop
    I resent that Ohio is pretty among the last states in the midwest that not only has but enforces the death penalty. Nearly no way this guy wont get it.

DrDeath Guest
    Did you resent my comment or that Ohio doesn't dish it out more often? If it was me it would be the latter, I wouldn't want my taxes keeping this guy incarcerated for the rest of his miserable existance.

tarsier Guest
    At least Ohio does dish it out unlike our neighboring states.

"One of Sowell's two defense attorneys, John Parker, said Sowell deserved to live because of his troubled childhood in an abusive home, his service in the Marine Corps, his job history and his good behavior while serving 15 years in prison for attempted rape."

It is things like this that make me wish I was a judge. Once the defense attorney said the above, I would ask him to come up to the bench. Then I would ask him, "Did you just say that a person who raped and murdered 11 people should be allowed to live because they had good behavior while they were serving 15 years in prison for attempted rape?" As soon as the attorney said, "Yes, I said that.", I would start hitting him on the head with my gavel until it broke. Then I would give the attorney a year in jail for Contempt of Court.

DrDeath Guest
    I couldn't have put it better myself!

tarsier Guest
    Death penalty I love O-H-I-O! We tend not to over turn these penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by desert ghost View Post
    "one of sowell's two defense attorneys, john parker, said sowell deserved to live because of his troubled childhood in an abusive home, his service in the marine corps, his job history and his good behavior while serving 15 years in prison for attempted rape."

it is things like this that make me wish i was a judge. Once the defense attorney said the above, i would ask him to come up to the bench. Then i would ask him, "did you just say that a person who raped and murdered 11 people should be allowed to live because they had good behavior while they were serving 15 years in prison for attempted rape?" as soon as the attorney said, "yes, i said that.", i would start hitting him on the head with my gavel until it broke. Then i would give the attorney a year in jail for contempt of court.
    love it!!!!!! :d lol

frogchoir Guest
    This case is kinda bizzare to me. He was a US Marine!! My grandfather was a marine for 30 years and my brother-in-law is a marine and I know many more. I can't imagine a marine acting this way. They are typically so loyal to people and so respectful. But aside from that, this guy was HONORABLY discharged...WTF???!!!! He tried to rape a girl and served 15 years for it...how is that honorable? But then it gets worse, he gets out and starts actually raping the girls then killing them! This guy is something else and if it's possible, he should have his honorable discharge revoked and never be referred to as an ex-marine...he really dishonors that title!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14509824

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by frogchoir View Post
    This case is kinda bizzare to me. He was a US Marine!! My grandfather was a marine for 30 years and my brother-in-law is a marine and I know many more. I can't imagine a marine acting this way. They are typically so loyal to people and so respectful. But aside from that, this guy was HONORABLY discharged...WTF???!!!! He tried to rape a girl and served 15 years for it...how is that honorable? But then it gets worse, he gets out and starts actually raping the girls then killing them! This guy is something else and if it's possible, he should have his honorable discharge revoked and never be referred to as an ex-marine...he really dishonors that title!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14509824
    Well the law of averages would suggest that he's probably not the only ex-marine to turn killer.

I vaguely remember something about some ex-Marine named Oswald who shot a man in Dallas, for example. I don't know anything about his discharge status, but I'm sure he's not the only one.

Seriously, maybe Sowell thrived in that environment because he lacked self-discipline and needed a really strict framework to give his life direction and keep his baser urges in check. Plus it would have offered him a way to vent some of his agression in an acceptable manner. Maybe that's one reason why he began to go bad when he left.

In any case, it's a pity that he was seemingly unable to embody the ideals of the Corps in his personal life, unlike your family members and so many other Marines who went on to become a credit to themselves and the Corps in civillian life.

rucyco2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Ghost View Post
    "One of Sowell's two defense attorneys, John Parker, said Sowell deserved to live because of his troubled childhood in an abusive home, his service in the Marine Corps, his job history and his good behavior while serving 15 years in prison for attempted rape."
    I wonder where this guy went to law school.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rucyco2 View Post
    I wonder where this guy went to law school.
    Case Western Reserve University

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/44119-...er-554536.html

rucyco2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Case Western Reserve University
    Thanks Rosebud.

The guy didn't get his degree through a correspondence school, so that's not it....

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rucyco2 View Post
    Thanks Rosebud.

The guy didn't get his degree through a correspondence school, so that's not it....
    Defending Sowell must be like appearing on the Iron Chef when the ingredients are chittlins, skunk cabbage, and a giant sea bass.

You might be ever so clever, but at the end of the day, the "stuffed sea bass ala Batelli" is still stuffed with chittlins and skunk cabbage. No secret ingredient is gonna fix that.

Wendy A. Guest
    Just found a slideshow of his home death pics included! Nothing oogy but you've been warned! http://www.14news.com/category/178531/slideshow?widgetid=15458&slideshowimageid=1

Mammy Guest
    He's a shitty housekeeper!

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    He's a shitty housekeeper!
    haha! Yeah, just a bit. Did ya like how he had a few random bodies just laying around on his floor? Like he was even too damn lazy to clean that up!

Looks like Cleveland!

Human throw rugs? Classy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD