Thread: Fla. Students die after hypnosis

Fla. Students die after hypnosis

Florida police are investigating a high school principal who hypnotized three students who later died. They say Doctor George Kenney admitted to hypnotizing a 16-year-old boy who committed suicide one day after a private session. Kenney hypnotized two other students who died tragically, one took her own life and another died in a car crash.The doctor didn't immediately admit to having private sessions with the students.But many people at school and in the community knew what he was doing.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/124769169.html

*insert creepy music here*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

My gosh. That sounds like a B movie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Seagorath Guest
    There is no fundamental logic in any of this. The school board and the parents should all be held accountable. This man had no business doing this to students. Why? To feel up their ass cracks?

Supposedly it was to give them more "focus". I wonder if there are more people who were hypnotized that didn't die. And were these people who died possibly still under hypnosis and weren't really with it? Almost like sleepwalking? This is just too damn weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

I don't think the hypnosis had anything to do with this. I see it as people stunned after three kids die and are looking for answers.

Crazy.

DonnaMc Guest
    Only in Florida.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Only in Florida.
    The problem with this state is the fact that the amount of transplants here from OTHER states is staggering.

The huge amount of crappy people with problems actually originates elsewhere.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 06-30-2011 at 08:38 PM.

I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Were the parents present while the hynopsis was going on?

If not, then sorry, it wasn't the right thing for him to be doing, even though apparently he was trained to conduct these sessions. I would not tolerate such a scenario for my still-minor child--- a written permission, dashed off in a hurry, is not the same as monitoring the session personally to make sure nothing untoward is even accidentally introduced, or makes an existing problem worse.

Doctor or not (okay, he had a Ph.D. obviously, but in what?), Kenney was still just a principal of the school, and may not have had access to information about deeper problems these kids may have had, or even their Facebook accounts! The hypnosis may have inadvertantly exposed other issues besides that for which the hynotism was deemed necessary, or minimized problems that needed more attention and treatment.
    Last edited by Linnie; 07-01-2011 at 09:20 AM.