Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Bonnett & Rodney Orr -Nascar

Neil Bonnett & Rodney Orr -Nascar

Where can I find the autopsy photos I've read so much about?
    Are they still on the internet?

rucyco2 Guest
    I have not been able to find them.

Dead Nascar Drivers

I am married to a former Nascar Winston Racing Series Pacific Coast Region champion. Although I did see my one day to be husband race
    in the late 70's to mid 80's, we did not meet and marry until he retired
    in the late 90's.

I admit that I have never been much of a race fan and I don't know a whole lot about it but the other night my husband and I were watching the speed channel and it brought out the true death hag in me!

Needless to say, I am now obsessed with Nascar's losses- Alan Kulwicki, Clifford and Davey Allison, Adam Petty, Neil Bonnett, Rodney Orr, etc.
    My husband doesn't like to discuss racing fatalaties...doesn't really understand my death hag interests really...so clue me in race fans!

Thanks!

tonysgirl4ever420 Guest
    Well, you must check out the link on Dale Earnhardt on Scott's FAD page. Lots of goodies for the death hag!

Although I didn't really follow his career I have a soft spot for Dale. I was at Halifax Medical Center early in the morning the day he died. I was so stunned to hear about him being there later that afternoon.

Did you see the autopsy photos of Neil Bonnett and Rodney Orr? I read that they had been posted on the internet but I can't find them.

Thanks for your response!

Rodney Orr photos are on the Ogrish forum http://ogrishforum.com/showthread.ph...ght=rodney+orr

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Don't forget about Kenny Irwin. He died only 2 months after Adam Petty.
    While I was heartbroken over the death of Dale Sr., I think the biggest NASCAR tragedy was the death of Adam Petty. Dale Sr. got to live out most of his career. Adam's career was just starting. He was the golden child of Petty Racing. He was supposed to be their future. Kyle Petty will always say that Adam was already a better racer than Kyle Petty ever was. I have no doubt that if Adam was alive today, he'd be giving Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson a run for their money! I also believe he probably would've already have a Sprint Cup championship by now.
    Also, Adam was already starting to become such a great representative for the NASCAR organization. He was a great humanitarian, by starting the Victory Junction Gang camp. This charity was just getting off the ground when Adam Petty died. I applaud Kyle Petty for channeling his grief into making sure Adam's dream was fufilled.
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

woohoogirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    I applaud Kyle Petty for channeling his grief into making sure Adam's dream was fufilled.
    I agree. I personally believe he is still in alot of pain with him wearing Adam's number with a black band on his cap most of the time.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Ogrish is LiveLeak. I just did a fast search and didn't get anything on Rodney Orr.

If anyone finds it please link here.

I have been looking for those pics of the 2 drivers for years.

Saw them a long time ago and couldn't find them after.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Ogrish is LiveLeak. I just did a fast search and didn't get anything on Rodney Orr.

If anyone finds it please link here.

I have been looking for those pics of the 2 drivers for years.

Saw them a long time ago and couldn't find them after.
    dvz's link took me right to Podneys pics.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Oh, and don't forget to add Tim Richmond to the list of dead NASCAR drivers. He didn't die in a crash, but he died of AIDS, due to his wild lifestyle off the track. He was the driver the movie "Days Of Thunder" was based on. Despite his reckless lifestyle, he was one heck of a great racecar driver. Always gave Dale Sr. good competition. I highly recommend getting the DVD "The Ride Of Their Lives" for more info about him. He was an interesting man.
    Tim Richmond's Wiki entry:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Richmond
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Quote Originally Posted by dvz View Post
    Rodney Orr photos are on the Ogrish forum http://ogrishforum.com/showthread.ph...ght=rodney+orr
    It takes me to a login screen? Do I need to register to see the pics?

Thanks.

I get a login screen as well.

I agree that the Adam Petty story is a sad one. Such a talented and good looking young man. His father is my favorite commentator.

I haven't read Kenny Irwin's story yet.

Tim Richmond? I think I remember my husband saying he died of AIDS
    and that Nascar didn't want to address the issue?

I also get a log on screen with the link.

I had to sit through a NASCAR race on TV while visiting relatives. Why don't they just broadcast the last lap? Everything else in the broadcast is irrelevant.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    I get a login screen as well.
    I did as well, and they're not accepting new members right now.

Really? No new members? I e-mailed them about getting a log on and haven't had a response yet. How disappointing!

Maybe dvz can cut and paste us some photos?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    I had to sit through a NASCAR race on TV while visiting relatives. Why don't they just broadcast the last lap? Everything else in the broadcast is irrelevant.
    Couldn't have said it better myself..............hours of left turns over and over and over again.......yawn

endsleigh03 Guest
    I was able to set up an account at LiveLeak but when I seached for Neil Bonnet or Rodney Orr it wasn't there.

ETA: The thing I remember the most about those pics was that they didn't look that bad (for being dead.

The other thing is that one or both was not circumsized and I thought that was going a little bit too far as far as privacy issues.

I'd still like to see them again tho :-/
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 05-23-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Rodney was looking pretty rough.

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by midnitelamp View Post
    dvz's link took me right to Podneys pics.

well,i waz already logged in

Midnitelamp - is there any way you could copy them for those of us who are interested? We'd sure appreciate it!

Anyone have a photo of Russell Phillips? I can't find anything except his crash video. I would like to see what he looked like. Thanks!

bonzosrightfoot Guest
    Tim Richmond was an asshole from everything I've always read and watched. After his diagnosis of AIDS, he knowingly continued to have unprotected sex with unknowing women. There is nothing "interesting" about that.

My understanding is that Live Leak and the Ogrish forum are no longer affiliated. Stunned to hear they are not taking on new members. Emailing a request is probably is the best way to go, I'll be interested to hear what their reason is should they respond

I don't know how to copy paste the photos, and I'm hesitant to do so as the Orr pics caused a legal stir in the US, and I don't know where it was left. I would not want to get the board in trouble or break the rules of the board. Ogrish is not US based so I'm guessing they have a "pass", legally speaking.

Interestingly enough, I could not find any Bonnett photos, and I thought they would be the easier ones to find. The Orr ones are indeed...intense.

There are a couple of Rodney at Documenting Reality, but not the full spread of autopsy pics I have seen elsewhere, just don't remember where I saw them.

I think the most gruesome crashes have to be those of Russell Phillips....helmet with head still in it rolling into pit row....and Don McTavish....hopefully dead at the moment sitting fully exposed in the car before getting hit again....those would difficult autopsy photos to view!

I am so happy my husband is retired!!!!!

woohoogirl Guest
    Not NASCAR, but Gilles Villeneuve crash on youtube makes me sad. There's a thread about him on FAD.

woohoogirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by catlady1962 View Post
    ....and Don McTavish....hopefully dead at the moment sitting fully exposed in the car before getting hit again....those would difficult autopsy photos to view!
    I had forgotten about McTavish...that is one scary wreck!!!!

Funny thing is Russell Phillps' crash itself was not too bad. Just really bad luck that they car broke apart as it did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

walts_loving_wife Guest
    I saw the Neil Bonnett autopsy photos right around the time Teresa Earnhardt starting kicking up dust about Dale's photos not being released. She had Neil's daughter testify how horrible it was that those photos were out there, and then *poof*, they were gone. I get it that its painful for the family, but the death hag in me wants to say, then don't look!

Miho- you're right, Phillips' crash didn't look as bad as it turned out to be. But MacTavish...sitting on the track....you could just anticipate that outcome.

I have to agree with you walts loving wife. The death hag in me also wants to see the autopsy photos of Neil Bonnet and Rodney Orr.

I do get that it is painful for the families. I can't say that had any of my husband's crashes had been fatal that I would have wanted the autopsy photos on the internet.
    He won't watch video of his crashes or anyone elses (fatal or non fatal) and he
    certainly doesn't want to see the autopsy photos of Bonnett/Orr.....but me, I'm
    a true hag!

Spinknarf Guest
    Ok folks,

I have the Rodney pics. Would it be better if I emailed them to you individually, as opposed to posting them here?

They really aren't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinknarf View Post
    Ok folks,

I have the Rodney pics. Would it be better if I emailed them to you individually, as opposed to posting them here?

They really aren't pretty.

Please don't post them directly in the forum. Either link to them or do individual emails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Okay, so the photos of Rodney are still around. What about those of Neil Bonnett?

Mammy Guest
    Can you post a link?

rucyco2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by walts_loving_wife View Post
    Teresa Earnhardt starting kicking up dust about Dale's photos not being released. She had Neil's daughter testify how horrible it was that those photos were out there, and then *poof*, they were gone. I get it that its painful for the family, but the death hag in me wants to say, then don't look!
    I've been going back and forth on this one since Earnhardt's accident. I can see both sides. Most of the time though I lean toward the "Paid with tax dollars / public domain / Just don't look" view though. Probably because even though I did a little low level racing, I'm not a NASCAR fan and definately not a Earnhardt fan.

Spinknarf Guest
    I haven't forgotten about you all. It just takes a few days for one of my posts to appear since they need to be mod-approved (some kind of new user thing).

I've already sent the pics to a few of you, and I'd prefer to do it via email, since I feel kinda crappy about posting them online.

So if you want them, PM me your email address and i'll get them to you asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinknarf View Post
    I haven't forgotten about you all. It just takes a few days for one of my posts to appear since they need to be mod-approved (some kind of new user thing).

I've already sent the pics to a few of you, and I'd prefer to do it via email, since I feel kinda crappy about posting them online.

So if you want them, PM me your email address and i'll get them to you asap.

Don't feel crappy about it, but it is easier for Scott not to get flack if you don't post them directly. Plus because they are oogly we won't traumatize others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

slw Guest
    I found this link on youtube of Nascar legends: fatal accidents. Neil Bonnett's accident is in it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpjBZ...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by slw View Post
    I found this link on youtube of Nascar legends: fatal accidents. Neil Bonnett's accident is in it.

Thanks for this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

slw Guest
    Originally Posted by slw

Thanks for this
    Thats ok!

Has anyone come across the Neil Bonnett photos yet?

I think the most gruesome crashes have to be those of Russell Phillips....helmet with head still in it rolling into pit row....and Don McTavish....hopefully dead at the moment sitting fully exposed in the car before getting hit again....those would difficult autopsy photos to view!

I am so happy my husband is retired!!!!!
    McTavish is one of the most terrifying wrecks I've seen.

At 1:36. If you look close after the second impact, you can see him -- or pieces of him -- flying out of the car. Sad.

I can't remember where I saw them but even more terrifying are the still photos of him sitting in the car just before the second impact. Hope he was gone before then.

Another terrifying fatal wreck was Eric Martin. He radioed he was okay just before Deborah Renshaw hit him. Just horrible!

I can't remember where I saw them but even more terrifying are the still photos of him sitting in the car just before the second impact. Hope he was gone before then.

Another terrifying fatal wreck was Eric Martin. He radioed he was okay just before Deborah Renshaw hit him. Just horrible!
    I had never seen that one before, so of course, I had to YouTube it. Yikes!

Now I'm off to find those stills!

Are these the ones you're talking about? I know it's poor quality, but you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mactavish2.png 
Views:	696 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	31023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mactavish.jpg 
Views:	730 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	31024  

rjbrasher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfan View Post
    McTavish is one of the most terrifying wrecks I've seen.

At 1:36. If you look close after the second impact, you can see him -- or pieces of him -- flying out of the car. Sad.
    WARNING DEAD IN PICTURE LINK

here is a black and white of
    McTavish dead in the car missing parts of his arms/legs., Click on the picture if you want to see it bigger

http://imageshack.us/f/532/mactavish.jpg/

rjbrasher Guest
    lol nevermind looks like great mind think alike lol sorry for the double post on the picture