Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Laden

tkmama627 Guest
    I came on this board yesteday and there were only 7 pages...today there are 50! I will take my time tomorrow and read through ALL of them, but some opinions just stick in my head....My brother and my sister are BOTH in the USAF...my sister was in the Pentagon when it was attacked...she was uninjured physically, but this remains with her for the rest of her life. She was only 27 years old for Christ's sake!....Am I glad this piece of shit is dead? YES! There is no question about that. I never had any other thought in my head other than to kill this evil thing that had the nerve to call himself a "human being"....I've had visions of how he should die and then by God....he finally did! Do I care if he was armed??? No...my sister wasn't armed...Do I care that he didn't have a "proper" burial? NO!!! He wouldn't have cared if my sister had a "proper" burial, so why should I???

I can't understand why some of us, AMERICANS, are upset over his death....I can't understand why WE would bury him at sea and actually follow the Islamic protocol for the most part...tossing him out to be shark bait (poor sharks!) when that POS didn't say any catholic or protestant prayers for the thousands he killed makes me think that he's lucky his sorry ass got what he did as a "burial". I, for one, can't wait to see him dead in pictures. Do I care if anyone agrees with me? No. What I care about is that this prick's death gave my sister a reason to feel good again! The man who threw her life and her country into chaos is gone...I don't care how he died, I just care that he did! So good riddance to bad rubbish as my Meme' would say!

rjbrasher Guest
    my mind is a huge blurr but when Sadam Hussein was executed. it wasn't by the hand of the US correct? if i remember right, right away there was pictures, videos up in no time flat when he was dead. Hell i think he was still warm when the pics were all over the net.

I assuming if it wasn't us that executed him, and it was their country their censorship isn't like ours so thats why everything was out on the net so fast? I figured the same day obama came out with his speech they woudl at least have the picture with a big ol black bar across the face ya know.
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 05-03-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Ah, silly me, it is all about the Americans. Luckily the rest of the world got away Scott free. Only the Americans were affected.

I think it is time I left this board for a while. Too much stars and stripes in your face for me.
    Lest we (US citizens) forget, 67 citizens from the UK were killed on 9/11. So were 11 Australians. Canada lost 24.

This was truly a global event.

bunch of hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by pryncssdeb View Post

I'm more inclined to believe that the things that happened during 9/11 may have had some inside help. There are too many holes, too many questions left unanswered.

I can't help but think someone else may be pulling strings here... and I don't have a clue who.

We are few...but I agree with you girl..

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    bunch of hypocrites
    Wait, what? Who are?

tkmama627 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Lady View Post
    Wait, what? Who are?

My question, too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    From CNN??s National Political Correspondent Jessica Yellin

A Senior US Official tells CNN 10 hard drives, 5 computers and more than 100 storage devices which includes discs, DVDs and thumb drives were taken from the compound.

The senior us official also says the White House received 3 sets of photos yesterday. The photos included:

1. Photos of OBLs body at a hangar after he was brought back to Afghanistan. This is the most recognizable with a clear picture of his face. The picture is gruesome because he has a massive open head wound across both eyes. It??s very bloody and gory.

2. Photos from the burial at sea on the USS Carl Vinson. Photos of OBL before the shroud was put on and then wrapped in the shroud.

3. There are photos of the raid itself that include photos of the two dead brothers, one of OBLs dead son (adult adolescent, maybe approx 18 yrs old) and some of the inside scene of the compound.

The official says the challenge is that the picture that includes the most recognizable image of OBLs face ?? from the hangar in Afghanistan ?? is so gruesome and mangled its not appropriate for say the front page of the newspaper. On the other hand, this is the one that is most identifiable as him.
    I want to see 1, 2, and 3. If the gen pop can't stand the gore, slap the obligatory black bar across the bloody bits and run it on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Someone on twitter just posted this pic.

*Warning graphic and more than likely fake as well*

http://twitpic.com/4t1wbv
    Last edited by Zoe_Zeppelin; 05-04-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by editrix View Post
    I love 11, 13 and 16!

Welcome to the forum! I love it when the new posters have a sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat_AmmaKittehKat View Post
    Its not that other countries disagree...we already know. Whether it was done under Osamas name or his insistance, MANY of us have felt the pain of the message that his comrades and his sympathisers have delt. I live in Scotland (I dont know how to add my location to the ^^^^ up there thing so I just keep adding it to posts ) and everyone in the entire of Britain and Ireland were shocked at the tube and bus strikes that happened in London.

In Scotland we had (our second in my lifetime (I'm 31) but correct me if I'm wrong fellow scots) a taste of terror at Glasgow Airport where sympathisers attacked the airport. I'm not saying that either of these compare in magnatude (relative numbers) but please dont patronise other countries by saying we arent aware of the danger. We are. We are aware of terrorism and not just by al qaeda at that. To lose even 1 life to terrorism is far too much.

Putting away my ramble chair now *ramble ramble ramble*
    + 1 we have been putting up with the IRA and their bombing for years, and is still on going .
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    It was the US Navy seal team that killed the guy and the focus of my post and much of the discussion has been focused on the US and how it has made us feel, sad, glad, vindicated etc.
    I make no apologies for that post not being equitable in the inclusion of civilians killed by the US and allies in both wars, the loss of life by allies and other victims of his terror.
    My post was about the cost to my country and my countrymen and my opinion that it needed to be done. I don't have a terribly broad world view around this issue. For better or worse I am parochial in both my hurt and my anger at his acts and my sense of satisfaction that he is dead.
    Today on this subject I am not a citizen of the world but I most certainly and proudly am an American.
    Regards,
    Mary
    I don't think there is any need for an apology either. It to me sums up the American culture and attitude to a tee.
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

Quote Originally Posted by phirerednga View Post
    thank you for all you do!
    Let me second that thank you, Stonecold.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

james1977 Guest

They're wimps

Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    It was announced they will release the photos...just wanna know when. So it may be..but that pic doesnt seem real graphic. They say the photo is pretty graphic.
    We have seen the worst of the worst. How bad could it be? Release it. They're wimps

james1977 Guest

Fake

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    Someone on twitter just posted this pic.

*Warning graphic and more than likely fake as well*

http://twitpic.com/4t1wbv
    They said the face was unrecognizable. Love the creators at Photo shop. Also the beard would be gray.

King Cryo-le Guest
    -
    Last edited by King Cryo-le; 07-31-2011 at 09:17 AM.

King Cryo-le Guest
    --
    Last edited by King Cryo-le; 07-31-2011 at 06:26 AM.

havoc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    More graphic than watching JFK's head explode? Riiight.
    Agreed.

Put a black bar across it ala Nicole Simpson. There are far worse images out there. Being afraid of incensing or provoking retaliation from terrorists is not a good excuse.

Being afraid of your enemy is not how you win a war.

Morto Guest
    A lot of hags on here just happen to be American and then again it's a site based here but with representatives of many nations who we all love and respect.I am the first one to say our government seems to have become more corrupt or more blatantly corrupt as I get older.I am not blaming either party as I believe we have a lower class of scum holding office in general.But aside from all of that the day Bin Laden was killed was a relief and certain pride that this snake hid from everyone while killing countless people mainly civilians.It is the highest form of cowardice there is and regardless that they caught him flat footed and unarmed if it was reversed you can bet he would grab his weapon and fire first.This man did not deserve capture because he would have given the rest of his blind idiots faith and more retaliation in order to please him.Now he is sitting on the bottom of the ocean with a really big hole in his head and some how that just please me to no end.

DonnaMc Guest
    Why do they think showing the pictures is "morbid"? We see worse on the news everyday.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keres View Post
    Lest we (US citizens) forget, 67 citizens from the UK were killed on 9/11. So were 11 Australians. Canada lost 24.
    This was truly a global event.

....and if you don't think it scared, sickened and scarred those of us who were "relatively unaffected" (a nice little ignorant term I heard on CTV news last night), you're dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by p00key View Post
    I don't think there is any need for an apology either. It to me sums up the American culture and attitude to a tee.

I'm all for patriotism, unity and celebration of victory. Just an observation though;why is it that the only time the United States can stand together as one is when you're killing someone or just after someone's killed some of yours? (And the "you" I refer to of course is the country as a whole, not any or all members of the board)

Hopefully this attitude of fellowship with your countrymen and pride in reaching a common goal sticks around for a while. It didn't last very long after 9/11. It was back to "every man for himself" pretty darn quickly.

I'm not picking on you guys. The US has suffered greatly at the hands of Bin Laden and at the hands of your government afterward. I'm just saying, remember this feeling of unity for a while. Great things might be accomplished in the name of national pride.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    my mind is a huge blurr but when Sadam Hussein was executed. it wasn't by the hand of the US correct? if i remember right, right away there was pictures, videos up in no time flat when he was dead. Hell i think he was still warm when the pics were all over the net.

I assuming if it wasn't us that executed him, and it was their country their censorship isn't like ours so thats why everything was out on the net so fast? I figured the same day obama came out with his speech they woudl at least have the picture with a big ol black bar across the face ya know.

No he wasn't killed by American hands. I believe he was killed in Iraq or Saudi Arabia. They did have a trial for him (I think, please correct if wrong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Barney Frank To Cantor: Stop Politicizing Bin Laden Death

Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) says House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is politicizing the death of Osama bin Laden by thanking President Bush, as well as President Obama.
    "If Bush had gotten Osama after Clinton had failed do you think Cantor would have given Clinton credit and said: 'Oh good. Bush got Osama bin Laden, he showed the same vigilance as Bill Clinton?'" Frank said

http://nation.foxnews.com/barney-fra...in-laden-death
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

TEXAS HAQ Guest
    I am personally very happy knowing that the last thing that POS saw before he died was an American soldier pointing a gun at him...............HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

Seagorath Guest
    America has a LOT of work to do before we can all be at a place that's consistently comfortable. That's the problem with today ~ everybody is so "uneasy" and can't stay laid back for very long. It seems that more people are on their toes each and every day. Not like the 90's...when money and jobs flowed like water. At least in my neck of the woods.

The Daily Mash have nailed some aspects of this story;

PAKISTAN last night pointed at the sky and screamed in a pathetic attempt to distract the world from its nauseatingly transparent guilt.

As Osama Bin Laden was gunned down while giving a sensuous back rub to Pakistan's head of intelligence, the country said it thought it saw a massive bat.

President Asif Ali Zardari said: "Did you not see it? It was really huge. I think we should all go and look for it immediately

"Or at least talk about it to the exclusion of all other topics."

After realising that everyone in the world was still looking at him, Mr Zardari then went back to staring intently at his own feet.

Just under 30 seconds later he looked up and added: "Oh sorry, did you say Osama Bin Laden? I thought you were looking for someone called Ian... Bin Laden.

"If you'd have said 'Osama' then I would have immediately pointed you to a large house yards from our nation's elite military academy and in the same town where rich and powerful Pakistanis take their holidays.

"But, as I say, I was absolutely sure you said 'Ian'. Oh well, what's done is done.

"Anyway, where were we? Oh yes - would anyone like to give me billions of dollars in aid? Anyone? Anyone? No? Oh come on, you're not still in a bad mood about this 'Ian' thing are you?"

In America, a delighted Congress rushed through a constitutional amendment allowing US presidents to be born in Kenya if they feel like it, while in some gold-plated hellhole in New York, Donald Trump was shutting his big, fat, stupid, fucking face.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) says House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is politicizing the death of Osama bin Laden by thanking President Bush, as well as President Obama.
    "If Bush had gotten Osama after Clinton had failed do you think Cantor would have given Clinton credit and said: 'Oh good. Bush got Osama bin Laden, he showed the same vigilance as Bill Clinton?'" Frank said

Do you not agree with what he said? If Clinton had been successful in getting the guy the GOP and far right establishment would have never given him props.
    Peter King, my representative, is the chairman of the National Homeland Security Committee and a staunch conservative Republican. They have interviewed him several times on local TV and while he has expressed in minimalist terms his satisfaction and pleasure that Osama is dead he looks like he swallowed a persimmon when he has to mention the President's name.
    Also unless there is more to it than what you gave access to here Frank did not say what you said he said at least for the reason's you indicate he said it. I didn't see a criticism of giving props to former President Bush but rather an accompanying postulate that the same courtesy would not have been extended to Clinton has Bush gotten Osama.
    I think they are very different statements and while not a fan of Barney I think in this case what he says is true.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    ....and if you don't think it scared, sickened and scarred those of us who were "relatively unaffected" (a nice little ignorant term I heard on CTV news last night), you're dead wrong.
    Where did I imply anything like that? I was trying to point out, in this midst of all this political bashing and flag waving, that this wasn't JUST about America.

However, read my first post on this thread. I'd say a lot of people were relatively unaffected compared to my personal experience.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keres View Post
    Where did I imply anything like that? I was trying to point out, in this midst of all this political bashing and flag waving, that this wasn't JUST about America.

However, read my first post on this thread. I'd say a lot of people were relatively unaffected compared to my personal experience.

It wasn't a shot at you at all. I know you didn't say that. I was simply branching off from the numbers you posted, and agreeing with you. And like I said, the "relatively unaffected" comment was from a local news source. I'm not taking anything away from your personal experience at all, nor any one that was touched by the tragedy in that personal a manner. What I meant was even though they weren't "our" towers, I think the rest of the world shared your fear and hatred at some level. It rocked every one to some extent.

All I'm saying is the US did not stand alone in mourning after 9/11.

OK, thanks for clarifying.

***HUGS***

STsFirstmate Guest
    It wasn't a shot at you at all. I know you didn't say that. I was simply branching off from the numbers you posted, and agreeing with you. And like I said, the "relatively unaffected" comment was from a local news source. I'm not taking anything away from your personal experience at all, nor any one that was touched by the tragedy in that personal a manner. What I meant was even though they weren't "our" towers, I think the rest of the world shared your fear and hatred at some level. It rocked every one to some extent.

All I'm saying is the US did not stand alone in mourning after 9/11.
    oops hit the post button accidentally! My phone and email and skype were full of expressions of support and sympathy after 9/11 from friends, colleagues and people I barely knew from all over the world. I meant no disrespect to anyone from outside the US and most certainly Neil because I respect him very much. I regret any offense he took at my remarks.
    I do think this was an important event for the US and has a particular meaning for us.
    I can read everything written about Gallipoli and feel some of the hurt that must have been felt by survivors and family but I can never have the feeling of intimacy and ownership that my ANZAC friends must feel about it. That doesn't mean that strong feeling in Australia about the event negate the loss of life and pain felt by other nations at other famous battles such as the French the British and even the Germans.
    Because you mourn the death of a neighbor it should not be construed as failing to have empathy for others who have also lost neighbors but at the end of the day it is your neighbors loss that hurts most.
    It may not be appropriate or PC but I think it is in general true.
    regards,
    Mary
    Last edited by STsFirstmate; 05-04-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Do you not agree with what he said? If Clinton had been successful in getting the guy the GOP and far right establishment would have never given him props.
    Peter King, my representative, is the chairman of the National Homeland Security Committee and a staunch conservative Republican. They have interviewed him several times on local TV and while he has expressed in minimalist terms his satisfaction and pleasure that Osama is dead he looks like he swallowed a persimmon when he has to mention the President's name.
    Also unless there is more to it than what you gave access to here Frank did not say what you said he said at least for the reason's you indicate he said it. I didn't see a criticism of giving props to former President Bush but rather an accompanying postulate that the same courtesy would not have been extended to Clinton has Bush gotten Osama.
    I think they are very different statements and while not a fan of Barney I think in this case what he says is true.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Here is the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTCuiKxiW0

The simple fact is that George Bush put the framework in place that Obama was able to exploit to kill Bin Laden.

I remember so many democrats that were constantly griping about water boarding torture and also screaming to close Gitmo?

This includes ones in the photo oppdemocrats who were throwing every obstacle they could in his way.
    Including (how soon we forget) the 3 in the White House photo op watching the raid unfold - Hillary, Biden, and Obama who were desparate to dismantle and close Guantanamo Bay and now they want the credit?
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

havoc Guest
    Now this......

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/201...n-mission.html

Congress to Examine "Inappropriate" and "Devastating" Use of "Geronimo" Codename in bin Laden Mission

May 04, 2011 10:25 AM
    ABC News?? Matthew Jaffe (@jaffematt) reports:

The Senate Indian Affairs committee will hold a hearing Thursday on racist Native American stereotypes, a hearing that will now also address the Osama bin Laden mission and the code-name Geronimo.
    While the hearing was scheduled before the mission, a committee aide today said the linking of the name Geronimo with the world??s most wanted man is ??inappropriate? and can have a ??devastating? impact on kids.
    ??The hearing was scheduled well before the Osama bin Laden operation became news, but the concerns over the linking of the name of Geronimo, one of the greatest Native American heroes, with the most hated enemies of the United States is an example of the kinds of issues we intended to address at Thursday's hearing,? Loretta Tuell, the committee's chief counsel, said in a statement.
    ??These inappropriate uses of Native American icons and cultures are prevalent throughout our society, and the impacts to Native and non-Native children are devastating,? Tuell said. ??We intend to open the forum to talk about them.?
    The Senate committee is chaired by Sen. Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii. Thursday??s 2:15p hearing will examine how Wild West shows, Hollywood films, and Indigenous-themed sports mascots have shaped the perception of Native Americans, according to a press release. Witnesses include Tex Hall of the Great Plains Tribal Chairman??s Association, Suzan Shown Harjo of the Morning Star Institute, Charlene Teters of the Institute of American Indian Arts, Stephanie Fryberg of the University of Arizona, Chaske Spencer of Urban Dream Productions, Jim Warne of Warrior Society Development.
    The Obama administration has indicated that the Navy SEALs who killed bin Laden did not use ??Geronimo? as the codename for him, but rather it was the code for the act of capturing or killing him.

BabaBooey Guest

CNN Breaking News

The president has decided not to release death photos of Osama bin Laden, an administration official briefed by the White House tells CNN.

"So, no, I can't celebrate the death of bin Laden. Too many Americans, who were paid to protect this country but failed to, have skated free of blame."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/05/0....html?hpt=Sbin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I'm all for patriotism, unity and celebration of victory. Just an observation though;why is it that the only time the United States can stand together as one is when you're killing someone or just after someone's killed some of yours? (And the "you" I refer to of course is the country as a whole, not any or all members of the board)

Hopefully this attitude of fellowship with your countrymen and pride in reaching a common goal sticks around for a while. It didn't last very long after 9/11. It was back to "every man for himself" pretty darn quickly.

I'm not picking on you guys. The US has suffered greatly at the hands of Bin Laden and at the hands of your government afterward. I'm just saying, remember this feeling of unity for a while. Great things might be accomplished in the name of national pride.
    Uh - no offense RJ, but I missed the feeling of unity at OBL's death. The talking heads on ALL news stations were pulling any sense of unity apart by the wishbone mere seconds after it was announced he was dead. From "Obama did what Bush couldn't" to "Obama didn't do anything but sign a piece of paper, Bush did all the work" (these are actual quotes I heard on TV), I don't know of ANY American that felt a sense of unity coming from this.

But to answer your question - it has been proven many, many, many times in the past that we Americans are a bloodthirsty lot! We always have been.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    "So, no, I can't celebrate the death of bin Laden. Too many Americans, who were paid to protect this country but failed to, have skated free of blame."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/05/0....html?hpt=Sbin

That about sums it up. That poor family. All those poor families.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Now this......

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/201...n-mission.html

Congress to Examine "Inappropriate" and "Devastating" Use of "Geronimo" Codename in bin Laden Mission

May 04, 2011 10:25 AM
    ABC News?? Matthew Jaffe (@jaffematt) reports:

The Senate Indian Affairs committee will hold a hearing Thursday on racist Native American stereotypes, a hearing that will now also address the Osama bin Laden mission and the code-name Geronimo.
    While the hearing was scheduled before the mission, a committee aide today said the linking of the name Geronimo with the world??s most wanted man is ??inappropriate? and can have a ??devastating? impact on kids.
    ??The hearing was scheduled well before the Osama bin Laden operation became news, but the concerns over the linking of the name of Geronimo, one of the greatest Native American heroes, with the most hated enemies of the United States is an example of the kinds of issues we intended to address at Thursday's hearing,? Loretta Tuell, the committee's chief counsel, said in a statement.
    ??These inappropriate uses of Native American icons and cultures are prevalent throughout our society, and the impacts to Native and non-Native children are devastating,? Tuell said. ??We intend to open the forum to talk about them.?
    The Senate committee is chaired by Sen. Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii. Thursday??s 2:15p hearing will examine how Wild West shows, Hollywood films, and Indigenous-themed sports mascots have shaped the perception of Native Americans, according to a press release. Witnesses include Tex Hall of the Great Plains Tribal Chairman??s Association, Suzan Shown Harjo of the Morning Star Institute, Charlene Teters of the Institute of American Indian Arts, Stephanie Fryberg of the University of Arizona, Chaske Spencer of Urban Dream Productions, Jim Warne of Warrior Society Development.
    The Obama administration has indicated that the Navy SEALs who killed bin Laden did not use ??Geronimo? as the codename for him, but rather it was the code for the act of capturing or killing him.
    Oh, for the love of God, it was a CODE people. Would it make everyone feel better if we named it Thomas Jefferson or something? I know racism is an issue, but this is taking it a bit too far IMO. I live in Atlanta and could care less about our baseball team's name (Braves), but people have picketed outside games wanting them to stop selling the foam tomahawks to cheer them on and to change their name. I just think it is a bit ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Personally, I think both SHOULD be thanked. OBL is dead and both had a hand in it - meaning Bush and Obama. Of course, I think the biggest round of applause and standing ovation should be aimed towards the soldiers that are there and have been there fighting in the trenches for almost 10 years. This includes you, Stone - you Sweetie, you! I need a kissy smiley...

Bummer, they just announced they are not going to "officially" release the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Bummer, they just announced they are not going to "officially" release the photos.
    Just saw this. Crap.
    Cindy

Freakin' ridiculous!!! We can see JFK & RFK on the slab and in video, but not the most hated man in the world? WTF? I don't get it...
    My Posse's On Broadway

King Cryo-le Guest
    =
    Last edited by King Cryo-le; 07-31-2011 at 09:17 AM.

DonnaMc Guest
    The killing of Osama bin Laden sure has become so much bigger than that. Every angle has become a bitter argument. I'm just glad he's gone - no matter who did it, why, or at whose direction.

Here is the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTCuiKxiW0

The simple fact is that George Bush put the framework in place that Obama was able to exploit to kill Bin Laden.

I remember so many democrats that were constantly griping about water boarding torture and also screaming to close Gitmo?

This includes ones in the photo oppdemocrats who were throwing every obstacle they could in his way.
    Including (how soon we forget) the 3 in the White House photo op watching the raid unfold - Hillary, Biden, and Obama who were desparate to dismantle and close Guantanamo Bay and now they want the credit?
    Bush had Bin laden cornered in Tora Bora and let him escape due to his incompetence. He nixed two plans delta force had to take him out. He insisted that the Afghan warlord known as Ali who they paid millions of dollars to had to help in the operation. Ali's fighter's promptly made a deal with the Al queda fighters and left the delta force no choice but to call in a aire strike on Bin Ladens postion, but by that time it was too late. He got away.

Watch the segment. I gotaa warn you, its infuriating.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...;storyMediaBox

If Bush was so committed to finding Bin Laden why did break up the Bin laden task force in 2005

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070400375.html

They got the info about the courier from Khalid Shaikh Mohamed, who was captured by the Pakistani Isi, not Americans. Where does Bush fit into this?
    Last edited by JefeStone; 05-04-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post

RJ,

No, Saddam wasn't killed by the hands of the U.S. He has hanged by another country and pictures and videos (via CELL PHONES!) very quickly began making the rounds.

BTW, I thnk it absolute SUCKS that they're not going to release the photos - weenies!!!
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 05-04-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

The franchise rights to those pics would be worth millions. T-shirts, targets, pork product packaging. Bad economic move.

So I read that the White House will NOT release pictures of OBL dead.
    Not surprised.
    And who says it has to be put on the front page?

Put it on a website - $.99 per view and let all that money goes toward the national debit. Naive on my part, but at least it will put a dent into the debt.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BabaBooey View Post
    The president has decided not to release death photos of Osama bin Laden, an administration official briefed by the White House tells CNN.
    Well, thats just shite!

I think the pic will be leaked eventually. Too many on capitol hill want it released for this to stay under wraps.