Thread: Denis Avey-The Man Who Broke Into Aushwitz-Fake?

Denis Avey-The Man Who Broke Into Aushwitz-Fake?

Denis Avey, a former British PoW, claims to have swapped places with Jewish PoW in neighbouring Auschwitz to expose the Holocaust. However, survivors & historians are doubting his claims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-insult.html

DonnaMc Guest
    Fake

It just seems such an odd thing to lie about. He was definitely a PoW at a camp-that much is true.
    Delusional maybe?

When I read about it, it reminded me of that scene in 'The Boy In The Striped Pajamas', where the little boy goes into the camp with the other little boy.

Wonder what the Govt will do about the British Hero of the Holocaust Award they gave him , if proven to be false?

TheMysterian Guest
    His story is almost as believeable as Al Gore inventing the internet,or Gore and "Tipper" being the basis for "Love Story"!

DonnaMc Guest
    It is an odd thing to lie about, but that is probably his only "claim to fame." I'm sure he heard to story somewhere else and convinced himself it was him. If historians can't make it work - there's probably a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    His story is almost as believeable as Al Gore inventing the internet,or Gore and "Tipper" being the basis for "Love Story"!
    Love Story???!!! Except the annoying Tipper didn't die-she just tried to kill music and artistic freedom of expression instead!!

Pat MaGroin Guest
    I call BS - there is no way Denis Avey could pull the wool over Col. Klink's and Sgt Schultz's eyes like that!

TheMysterian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    I call BS - there is no way Denis Avey could pull the wool over Col. Klink's and Sgt Schultz's eyes like that!

Lol.... I agree 100% Pat!